Siren's Call

By Kheinnox

have you ever wondered whats the view beyond the lenses? although im singing my heart out to someone who coul... More

Preview
Prologue
I. PIGGYBANK
II. FEAR
III. CONTROL
IV. UNCERTAINTY
V. GOSSIP
VI. RIGHTS
VII. ISSUE
VIII. DRAMA
IX. HEART
X. BITE
XI. INTENSITY
XII. FLESH
XIII. PAIN
XIV. BOIL
XV. TAIL
XVI. CYNICAL
XVII. DAD
XVIII. MOM
XIX. BREED
XX. CRUX
XXI. CORE AND BLISS
XXII. UNPRECEDENTED
XXIII. CAME AND LOST
XXIV. SEA
XXVI. CALL
XXVII. SONG
XXVIII. PEACE IN PAIN
XXIX. CLEAR
XXX. LOVE
Epilogue 1 Mercy
Epilogue 2 Sea

XXV. STROKE AND TURN

478 40 6
By Kheinnox

arius pov

a couple of years passed, it was all bliss and happiness. our little son already learned how to walk. his hearty laugh was too much for our hearts to handle, he even made my dads laugh out loud. he has grown to be so loveable and pampered to the core. rins daughter and him always have playdates in either rins penthouse or in our own. theyre so close in age with only weeks or even days apart, theyre inseparable. rins daughter was so lively and our son in contrast was as still as the waters just like his name is. yes, our son is like that but when the girl was all quiet because she was scolded by rin, destan literally scowled at rin. i guess my son got something beneath that calm facade of his.

nhu returned to the industry and had guesting here and there to promote his new single. he was free to do what he will and he liked it, especially with his new long haired image. i was calm and giving him this freedom but that aside im still worried. shadows still following him wherever he goes. trackers were on his clothes just in case.

my moms warning that night 2 years ago still rings in my ear. apparently, theyre still watching. observing if you will. im afraid theyll know about our son and hell be the target. no one knew about our son except for the family, the clan and the pack. seeing how our people value us, i dont want to think that therell be spies or even traitors in our midst.

earlier i was called in to the company for paper works and i cant leave my son to anyone in the family since theyve become so busy in regards to this witch problem. no choice then. ill have to bring destan with me to work.

i used the parking lot lift to avoid the masses. it was lucky that he fell asleep on his carseat. i can be discreet as i can posssibly be. everyone knew that nhu and i are a thing but they never knew that we are already a family of three. i wont be surprised to hear the next news about me cheating on him and having a child behind his back. whatever. ill cross the bridge when i get there.

when destan and i entered my office, there i found my cute hamster raiding my office fridge which i verily told him that he can freely do so.

"aw... nhu." i called out. he was about to pullout a box of strawberry cake.

"oh... youre here and our little bunny too." he really did pullout that box. i guess hes hungry.

"yeah. i cant leave him alone with anyone aside from the family but theyre all preoccupied so i decided to bring him here."

"no one saw you though." he asked.

"maybe. i dont care."

"oh well, you dont... wait, its wrong... you cant cheat on me and you did have a baby but its with me so... i could care less if you say it that way when youll be interviewed someday." nhu smiled at me while caressing our kids dainty hand and kissing it lightly.

its a site to behold but, "i thought you have a shooting at one of our studios?"

"yeah, i just snuck out of there since its not my cue yet. i grew hungry waiting and then i remembered you having all these treats hidden in your fridge. so i came up here. thats when you caught me."

"okay. you better get along now or ill be dumped with complaints from your director. you know how cranky he gets when he cant get his schedule straight."

"yeah, youre right. right, ill get going then." he said taking a last bite of the cake and putting it back again in the fridge.

"bye, my little nugget. mommys just gotta earn some money to buy you milk, okay? love you." he briefly kissed our sons forehead and tiptoeing his way out of my office.

"oh, i almost forgot." he reached for me and kissed me lightly on my lips. i nearly trapped him in but i remembered his scheduled taping so i reined it in.

"bye, love. see ya later." he happily scampered off.

i just shook my head in my mates happy demeanor. his aura really lighten up in comparison to how he was before. hes so loving to our son as well. he sings alot when hes with him and the little one seems to be delighted to hear him as well. well who could ever hate nhus voice. if i didnt knew hes a merfolk, he could be an angel. before his voice was pleading and sad but now, it felt so light and full of hope.

i was halfway through my pile of papers when i saw destan stir.

"hi, hon. hows your nap?" i called out to my son as he scanned the room for a familiar face.

"da... da..." he reached for me with his little hands opening and closing. he wants to be lifted up.

though im way too busy, ill never put it before my family. never.

i picked up my son much to his delight. i cuddled him to my neck and he mushed his face in it with a giggle. he really liked doing that, even with nhu.

"what would you like to do today, my baby love? hm? tell daddy and daddy will do it." i coaxed my son away from my neck.

"nyumnyum." he murmured. i guess hes hungry.

heres a peculiar thing about our sons diet. at first, he tolerated drinking formula milk since nhu wont be able to feed him since apparently, hes not built that way. a couple months passed we were stressed because he wont drink it anymore unless he grew weak of hunger and was desperate for it. luckily, mom remembered the symptoms like what i was like in destans age. he mixed in a bit of nhus blood in with the formula and he finished all of it with gusto. i was a bit worried of nhu since he had to prick himself everytime hell feed destan but he always reassured me that hes okay with a smile. im just a whipped whipped cream with just his smile. upside, the whole rooms smells delectable everytime he did it and here i am reining the jr in.

ha ha

i pulled out his formula and i guess i cant have nhus fresh blood.

"are you maybe okay with daddys blood, baby?" i asked the toddler. i dont know to what extent does he understand the words i said but the intelligence his eyes and the tilt of his head tells me that hes trying to do so.

i sat him down on the sofa and reached for his formula. hes eyes followed my every move and i guess hes curious as well. if im not sure that hes my son, ill say that hes a pup the way hes tilting his head. maybe he got the habit from rins daughter.

as i bit the tip of my finger, his eyes grew wide. maybe because my scent differs a bit from nhus and its making him alert? he saw me letting a drop of my blood in to his formula and i guess hes okay with it by the way he drooled a bit.

i hope this wont give him indigestion or the whole family will be at my throat day in and day out.

its risky but what can i do, he wants nyumnyum.

i handed the bottle to him after i shook it to mix. and the little brat snatched it from my hand. my superiority ego wanted to slap him but i ended up pinching his face. daddy instincts was way more powerful than that of the vampire king, i guess.

"better not do it like that when you grow older, otherwise, ill do something that your mother will have a hard time forgiving me after." i said to him as i sat down next to him. my little vampire kid just deliberately let himself fall his head on my lap and flap his eyelids to me. "youre cute, yes, but that wont last long baby." i reached down to his side and tickle him a bit. he giggled as he bit into the rubber nipple trying to stop its flow. 

moments later, i was browsing from my phone since i cant pull my self away from my son since he made me his pillow. i was curious as to why everything went silent so i looked down at him. he fell asleep still slurping on his empty bottle. i got worried since he needs to burp but then again, i was relieved when he silently let out a long one. it didnt even bothered his sleep. i smiled dearly and rubbed his protruding belly. he squirmed a bit and turned over making him face the back rest of the sofa. i slowly lowered his head and made a pillow fort around him especially on the floor. i really need to make a room adjacent to my office to make use of situations like this and nhus resting place for our future ones.

just thinking of nhu getting round again, made my heart swell. i know that its just only a couple of years passed but i really wanted another one already. but of course, i needed his permission first since im not the one carrying a precious cargo for months.

i went back to my papers and intended for it to be finished before lunch. i want us to have lunch together and go home as well. i know nhu dont have anything scheduled this afternoon so i guess i might lay out my proposal to him later.

an hour or two passed, destan is already awake and was so curious about every nook and cranny of my office. he often pick up things and bring it to me saying, 

"da? toy?"

"da? leaf?"

"da? stone?"

but the ending of his curiosity was him asking, "da? ma?"

"hell be here any minute, dear. patience, okay?" i said signing the last of my documents.

"otay!" he squealed and run the space of my office like plane. the noise maybe got the attention of my staffs outside and got curious. i can clearly hear them just fine through the walls and i just let them make their own assumptions, i dont care.

one of my secretaries somehow mustered up the courage to approach my office and knock.

"come in." i said right after a series of her knocks.

"um, sir. im sorry to barge in but we he-" she got cut off when my son peeked out from a plant by my table. 

"did we disturb your work? im sorry. my son got a bit excited and went a bit too loud." i said as a matter of fact.

"s-son, sir? b-but you nev-"

"cant i have a son?" i said trying not to get annoyed and just enjoy her reaction.

"yes - no, sir. of course, you can. excuse me." she then scampered out of my office. i guess my little cutie just made his first stranger appearance. i heard a lot of murmuring outside and i guess nhu will deal with them later.

----------->>>>>

nhu pov

i sprinted my way back to my mates office after my last cue. i was already at the hall next to the elevators when i heard multiple murmurs from the secretaries and even the other staffs present.

"he has a son?"

"since when?"

"cheated - "

"how about nhu?"

"shhhhttt---"

they saw me. maybe they already met my sunshine based on how they reacted. oh, well. i strutted my way to arius office when one of the secretaries cut off my way. "yes?" i asked.

"um... maybe you shouldnt get inside sir nhu. just not yet."

"and why is that?" i looked at her. shes one of arius secretaries. she pretty but not at par to any celebrities in this industry. if i let myself be a bitch, she has no right to stop me from seeing my man and my son.

"um... uh..."

"spit it out or youll be spitted out of this company, right this minute!" i said in a low voice. now im getting annoyed. im antsy right now and i need my destan vitamins and arius pill to sooth my tiredness.

"sir.. sir arius already got a son. he said so himself. i-im s-sorry." i pushed my way to arius office ignoring her but she still keeps on blocking my way. "i should not be the one to say this but youre my idol. i dont want you to get...

hurt... um" shes lost for words when she got inside and saw me carrying my baby and snuggling him, making him laugh out loud.

"hes my baby, too. not just arius. got a problem with that?" i finally said cutting the silence from the two of them.

"oh my heavens!" she squealed. "im sorry, sir. and congratulations! excuse me." she lowered her head and went out of the door.

my mate having heard the entirety of our conversation outside got a pretty annoying smile on his face. he didnt even utter a word for my defense. in peoples head, i got betrayed, cheated. is he not that protective of me anymore?

"thats so funny, you both could pass to be on a sitcom." arius finally said. i sighed heavily and let it go, and just stared at our bundle of joy who is now sniffing my neck and hugging me at the same time.

we went outside ready for that much awaited lunch and the atmosphere got a 180 in comparison to what i witnessed earlier. theyre all smiles and clapping discretely. im carrying my destan on my hips and arius brought the car seat with him and our bags. i dont know what happened when we walked along the hallway to the elevators that would take us down to the parking garage down below but they all awed and squealed. i saw it later on the socmed and thankfully destans face was blurred, my baby waved at them buh-bye and flew a flying kiss. geez, my baby is a people person and hes still that little. his natural charisma and bubbliness, if thats even a word, is so infectious even a heartless person would grow soft in just a flick of his finger.

--------------------->>>>>
somewhere

"theyre on their way out."

"roger that."

"you!"

"youll know what to do." a burly man said to a hunched hooded woman. she was  nowhere near old but has passed her younger years.

"b-but the baby..."

"got conscience after all that youve done?" he said smirking and spitting out.

"i do. i never harm young ones. especially that young."

"then think a way around it. do we have to spell everything for you, witch?"

"n-no... n-no sir." she hunched right back down again.

"its your cue when they got out of the restaurant. thats the only time that we could get pass from all of their securities. get in and get out unnoticed."

"yes... yes, sir." she said breathlessly. she wanted to get out of this gang but they held the most precious thing she have in life. she got no choice.

may she be forgiven by the goddess.

she had already broken the creed. she can no longer return to the light. 

redemption is no longer an option.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.8K 35
"Hello, are you there ?" "Yes, I am. I will always be there." "Can I ask you something?" "Sure my love." "Why don't I feel scared of...
23.2M 652K 56
[#1 in wearwolf 6/8/17] "Come on Jenna. Just one word." He taunt. He gripped my wrist in one hand and trailed his hand down my side to my hips. His h...
509K 22.5K 49
Book 1 He was cast to the edges of his clan. His father could not stand to even look at him. His baby sister probably didn't even know he was her b...
66.6K 2.8K 48
"I've love you since then, I'll love you till the rest of my life." I've known him since I can remember. I have stupid crush on him, my brother's be...