Unmarked Mates

By GosiaAC

BLACK MOON Book Three Can be read as a stand-alone. A mating bond is Goddess' blessing, something pure and p... More

Prologue: The knowledge of sin is the beginning of salvation
Chapter 1: What can't be cured must be endured
Chapter 2: "Be careful what you wish for"
Chapter 3: "A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step"
Chapter 4: "Beggars can't be choosers"
Chapter 5: "Beginning is easy - to keep going is hard"
Chapter 6: "Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm"
Chapter 7: "Higher duties mean greater responsibilities"
Chapter 8: "Marriage has teeth and it bites hard"
Chapter 9: "Discretion is the better part of valor"
Chapter 10: " If you want peace, prepare for war"
Chapter 11: "A leopard never changes its spots"
Chapter 12: "Faults are thick where love is thin"
Chapter 13: "Honesty is the best policy"
Chapter 14: "Don't cast pearls before swine"
Chapter 15: An ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure.
Chapter 16: "Blood is thicker than water"
Chapter 17: "Better fifty enemies outside the house than one within"
Chapter 18: "It takes two to tango"
Chapter 19: "Grief divided is made lighter"
Chapter 20: "Ignorance is bliss"
Chapter 21: "Every cloud has a silver lining"
Chapter 22: "Hunger drives the wolf out of the wood"
Chapter 23: "As you sow, so you shall reap"
Chapter 24: "If you play with fire, you'll get burned"
Chapter 25: "The cat is out of the bag"
Chapter 26:" The truth will set you free"
Chapter 27: " A house divided cannot stand"
Chapter 28: "Ask no questions and hear no lies"
Chapter 29: "Devil's Bargain"
Chapter 30: "Familiarity breeds contempt"
Chapter 31: "It's never too late to mend"
Chapter 32: "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."
Chapter 33: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."
Chapter 34: "Curses, like chickens, come home to roost"
Chapter 35: "Where there's a will, there's a way"
Chapter 37: "One man's trash is another man's treasure"
Chapter 38: "Any port in a storm"
Chapter 39: "Persuasion is better than force."
Chapter 40: "The course of true love never did run smooth" Part 1
Chapter 41: "The course of true love never did run smooth" Part 2
Chapter 42: "The course of true love never did run smooth" Part 3
Chapter 43: "The course of true love never did run smooth" Part 4
Chapter 44: "Oaks may fall when reeds stand the storm"
Chapter 45: "Lightning never strikes twice in the same place."
Chapter 46: "Practice what you preach"
Chapter 47: You show me the man, and I'll show you the rule
Chapter 48: "There is no beast more cruel than man"
Chapter 49: Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future
Epilogue: The longest way around is the shortest way home
Book Four: Untainted Mates

Chapter 36: "Action speaks louder than words"

331 13 7
By GosiaAC

Terry POV

Jason enters the flat with his cheeks definitely too blushed. Danny, who is drawing something together with Pearl, stops to look at him properly; only Trist and Ivory, who are doing his homework at the kitchen table, don't notice his entrance.

Trist has been coming here for the last six days every day, and usually, he and Ivory spends time on his school book. Seeing them like that is sad. Ivory can't go to school if her legal status isn't clarified. She officially doesn't exist, and yet I see how much she wants to learn. Even if I wanted to adopt her, I would need a birth certificate and many more things I would never get as long as her father is alive.

I wonder how quickly both girls and Trist get along with each other. I asked him once what his father said about his visits to my house, but he answered that his dad had never picked him friends and for sure would not start now. And Danny is here, so it's safe.

I still don't know what is going on between Julius and Danny, but my nephew is clearly sad that although Julius has returned, he has never shown up here.

I focus on Jason, whom I get to like since he came here and who got into serious trouble of his own.

"How did it go?" asks Danny." You were only supposed to talk with her and..."

"And we did talk, and it took a while, but we also managed to enjoy ourselves. Fiona may love Brandon, but her wolf wants me as much as mine wants her. And she  for sure has problems with keeping her hands towards herself."

"And you?" he asks, and Jason sighs:

"I want her, Goddess. I almost can't think when I smell her, but I don't love her, at least not yet, and although we lost control today and were making up like crazy for some time, she later freaked out. I guess her hormones are not balanced because of her pregnancy. She kicked me out, yelling that she didn't want to see me again. But I feel that as long as Brandon is in the picture, she will not let me know her any better."

"Well, if we find a way to set me free from Brandon, he may stay forever in the picture," Danny says.

"Well, Fiona will reject me or ask for the rejection. I will never force her into anything, so I think it's a pity."

I glance at him; he took it exceptionally calmly when he heard who I was. After all, I had attacked his home and almost killed his older sister, the Luna of Black Moon Pack. And yet Jason is quiet and professional as a warrior, kind and funny as a companion. He offered to train with Ivory in wolf form, and she instantly agreed; he plays with Pearl, and she likes it. He entered our daily life so naturally.

It's been calm for the last ten days, although Chen doubled the patrols because of what we found in the forest. I can't shake off the feeling of uncertainty. Who might have done it? It must be a hunter because only they know this way of communicating,  but who? Someone from the other state? But why bring up the Nightingale clan? I'm sure that was a message for me, someone from the past, but who? Even if, because of Dylan, I was recognized, it couldn't be by someone from my clan because those who might have something against me are all dead. They must be dead because I left them to die.

"Something bothers you, Terry?" Jason asks, looking at me. "Or do you still think about the otter?"

"It's hard not to, but let's not get too gloomy; I must open the bar soon. And besides Fiona, have you talked with someone else in Howl Pack?"

"With actually many people, including Alexa and her mother, they wanted to know what my plans regarding Fiona were. And I told them I don't intend to make her suffer, but I also saw the devil."

Danny gulps, and I get to focus more on what Jason is telling us.

"He wasn't happy seeing me; he wasn't happy when I told him that Fiona is my mate; he was angry when I told him that if he ever touched my friend again, I would cut off both of his hands. But nothing happened; I guess he really holds himself together now during the trial. But I have no idea what Fiona sees in this jerk." Jason spits.

I sigh and walk downstairs to start preparing the bar, but I'm interrupted by Nick, who joyfully comes inside. During the last few weeks, I've seen him regularly, and I must say I like him, his funny personality is really what we all need, especially now.

"I'm here because I must ask you something; it's about Natasha Howl."

"You know her?"

"I met her recently, I'm in the accountant team, and my company is preparing to renegotiate the term of renting the land which belongs to her, so.. is she a tough opponent?"

"Yes, very, very tough," I smirk, remembering when I saw her angry.

Danny and Jason go downstairs to help me as Nick is talking about quite complicated terms of business negotiations which, frankly, I don't understand. Aunty Mae goes downstairs, saying that she will drive Trist home, and at the same time, the courier knocks with the parcel addressed to Danny.

We all stop what we are doing; something is fishy because, as far as I know, only the pack knows that Danny is living here now. He takes the box and slowly opens it. His face changes in a blink. His eyes are wide open, with total affright on his face. His hands shake,  and the box falls on the floor, and gummi candies fall out of it. The package was full of gummi candies; I recognize the brand, which is quite popular.

Danny shakes like a leaf, his breath gets rapid, and he is on the verge of a panic attack, pale as a ghost. Jason is instantly beside him, pulling him into his arms and holding him strong.

"Danny,  you are safe; I got you, I got you, bro," he whispers as his eyes look at the candies. I may not know what's happening, but Jason knows clearly. Anger and disgust on his face are obvious.

An hour later, the chaos seems to be under control. Aunty Mae took Trist home and returned to care for the bar. Nick, extremely confused, said goodbye, and Danny, totally scared and shaken, has finally fallen asleep.

I smoke on the roof of the building as Jason stands still, agitated, next to me.

"Danny once told me that Jordan used to give him these candies," Jason says with anger. "Every time he came to his house after he finished, he used to leave these candies behind. I guess it was supposed to be a prize for... for being obedient."

"Who else knows about it?" I ask

"I, my brother, Danny's parents, his shrink, and... Jordan, but he could tell somebody in the clan."

"I doubt. Only Danny's father and Jordan knew what Jordan was doing. I'm sure Jordan didn't share this with anybody in the clan, so the only explanation is that..."

"That Jordan is still alive, but is it even possible?" he asks me in a dead tone.

"Last time I saw him, he was running on the roof, where was Beta of your pack and other hunters. Soon, Black Moon warriors came and also ran on the roof. There were many there. The chance that no one killed him or he could hide somewhere is probable. The factory collapsed about half an hour later, so technically, he could run away till it happened, but it was almost impossible."

"It was also almost impossible for you to survive the factory's collapsing, plus the otter."

The dead silence comes to both of us.

"If, and it's a big if," I say after a while" Jordan is alive; he is almost sixty, but he was a vengeful son of the bitch, and he believes that I destroyed the chance to restore our clan, so if it's him he will not stop until I'm dead. But what bothers me is blackmail and threats were not his cup of tea."

"So you believe that someone must help him, and what's the worst is he knows where we live."

Danny POV

TRIGGER WARNING

Jordan smiles as he stands in front of me. That smile always makes me want to puke; I feel acid in my throat as I tremble. I want to run but know I can't; I'm helpless.

 Jordan closes the door to my room. I can hear my father making the TV go louder. He always does it when Jordan is in my room. Maybe he doesn't like hearing his moans?

Jordan likes the routine of what he does with me.

He will come to sit on my bed and tell me to strip. And I will listen cause  I'm too scared not to.

He will open his trousers and will tell me to get to work. He will moan, pulling my hair harshly, and he will call me his bitch. And then he will shoot, and I will have to swallow.

If I'm lucky, that's it; if not, he will stay longer.

And after he will put his trouser on and leaves my room, he will leave the gummy candies on my bed, as always...

I don't wake up screaming, I've never had, but my heart is beating so fast I'm scared that it will eventually break through my chest. I put my clothes on and go downstairs; I need some fresh air. It's late, but the bar is still open. I nod to Terry as I step outside into the alley. I need fresh air so much.

I'm not even surprised when I see Drake emerging from the darkness of the back of the alley. I feel so happy. I missed him so much. He instantly comes closer so I can pet his head, and I feel tears, but this time happiness in my eyes.

"Danny, everything okay?" Jason is standing at the back door to the bar watching us.

"Yes, it's alright," I whisper" I... I will be back in the morning."

My friend hesitates but soon nods and returns inside as Drake lows himself so I can sit on him. My hip is still painful, but I can endure it; I have a real talent for enduring things. Drake takes me quite far away into the woods, probably at the edge of pack territory. Of course, I shouldn't be so close to Brandon, but I'm certain that Julius would never endanger me, no matter what.

He takes me somewhere that looks like an old, very old, and unused cabin. The windows are broken, and so is the door. The floor doesn't look well, but there is a fireplace with fire already burning and being the source of warmth and light.

There is a makeshift bed prepared on the floor, Julius shift and puts a T-shirt and underwear on himself and then crawls on the bedding, and I go to lie next to him.

"I missed you much," he whispers to my ear as his arms are wrapped around me." I'm sorry I ran away like that and ignored you and didn't remember."

"It's okay; I'm sorry I lied to you. I was scared of what would happen if I said anything and wanted to keep seeing you. But I needed Drake to survive every day with Brandon."

He pulls me closer to his chest, and I feel safe; I feel safe for the first time in weeks.

"Whatever you think you did, nothing was your fault. Everything that went wrong was Brandon's own doing. Trist told me about what happened today. Will you tell me what is wrong?"

"Jordan used to leave these sweets in my room as a payment, I suppose," I whisper, suddenly ashamed. Of course, it wasn't my fault, but I still feel like whore every time I think about it.

Julius presses his lips to my neck, and he waits for me to start speaking again, and even though it's tough and disgusting, I want to tell him everything; I want to come clean in front of him.

"After my mother's death, my father started drinking and soon was unable to work, and we were in debt to the clan because they helped us with mum's medical bills. Jordan then gave my father a choice: leave the clan or give him sexual favors from me, and my father said yes. So for around a year, Jordan was coming to my house regularly, was touching me, dry humping me,  or fucking my mouth and called it paying the rent."

Julius growls slightly but doesn't interrupt me.

"I don't know what was worse, what Jordan was doing or what my father was allowing him to do. He made me so dirty; I know it wasn't my fault, but I still feel so dirty."

At this point, I cry as Julius moves us a little so he can look into my eyes, his palms cupping my face.

"You are not dirty; you've never been."

I nod slightly, but it's not over. I have so much on my mind and must voice it now. I finally feel safe enough to say everything.

"When Brandon found me, I was so happy because I believed that sharing the bond makes everything perfect. I was in love with the idea of mates and followed Brandon blindly, my family warned me that I shouldn't push it, but I didn't listen, and later I felt like something was wrong with me because although I tried so much, I didn't feel happy with my mate. I thought that I didn't like having sex with him because of what had happened with Jordan. I thought something was wrong with me. And something must be wrong with me. My own father didn't love, neither did my mate; something must be wrong with me."

I sob on his chest as he tries to calm me:

"There is nothing wrong with you; there are just people who love nobody but themselves; that's what Brandon is; that's what your father was. You are loved, Danny, by your adoptive parents, by your previous pack and this pack, by my son, by Drake, and by me. We all love you so much; I love you so much." he says as his lips reach mine.

I'm going on holiday again, so I'm not sure about updates next week, but I will do my best :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 280K 51
"Light up my darkness," he murmured against her bare flesh. His fingers trailed up her arm, leaving a blazing fire beneath them. His lips pressed sof...
37.2K 2.1K 55
BLACK MOON, book two. Can be read as a stand-alone. The Hunter's Alliance has been defeated, but have all of the enemies disappeared? The new pack w...
3.2M 23K 5
Excerpt only: I quickly run in their direction as my claws elongate into fierce points. I watch as a man in all black strikes down and kills one of...
104K 4.5K 134
[[MATURE CONTENT]] Pack, family, mate. Loyalty, respect, honor. These are the words that form the foundation of the wolf society. At six years old, E...