Roses & Ruin

By Heartmyart

Evading her darkened past Lexi has no idea just how relevant it'll all be to her future after meeting Anthony... More

Chapter 1 (Lexi)
Chapter 2 (Anthony)
Chapter 3 (Lexi)
Chapter 4 (Anthony)
Chapter 5 (Lexi)
Chapter 6 (Lexi)
Chapter 7 (Lexi)
Chapter 8 (Anthony)
Chapter 9 (Lexi)
Chapter 10 (Lexi)
Chapter 11 (Anthony)
Chapter 12 (Anthony)
Chapter 13 (Anthony)
Chapter 14 (Lexi)
Chapter 15 (Anthony)
Chapter 16 (Lexi)
Chapter 17 (Lexi)
Chapter 18 (Anthony)
Chapter 19 (Anthony)
Chapter 20 (Anthony)
Chapter 21 (Anthony)
Chapter 22 (Lexi)
Chapter 23 (Lexi)
Chapter 24 (Anthony)
Chapter 25 (Lexi)
Chapter 26 (Lexi)
Chapter 27 (Anthony)
Lexi's IG 1
Chapter 28 (Lexi)
Chapter 29 (Lexi)
Sammi's photography
Chapter 30 (Lexi)
Chapter 31 (Anthony)
Chapter 32 (Lexi)
Chapter 33 (Anthony)
Chapter 34 (Lexi)
Chapter 35 (Anthony)
Chapter 36 (Lexi)
Chapter 37 (Anthony)
Chapter 38 (Lexi)
Chapter 39 (Lexi)
Chapter 40 (Anthony)
Chapter 41 (Anthony)
Chapter 42 (Lexi)
Chapter 43 (Lexi)
Chapter 44 (Anthony)
Chapter 45 (Lexi)
Chapter 46 (Anthony)
Chapter 47 (Lexi)
BONUS Lexi IG
Chapter 48 (Lexi)
Chapter 49 (Anthony)
Chapter 50 (Lexi)
Chapter 51 (Lexi)
Chapter 52 (Anthony)
Chapter 53 (Lexi)
Chapter 54 (Anthony)
Chapter 55 (Lexi)
Chapter 56 (God's eye view)
Chapter 57 (Lexi)
Chapter 58 (Anthony)
Chapter 59 (Anthony)
Chapter 60 (Anthony)
Chapter 61 (Lexi)
Chapter 62 (Lexi)
Chapter 63 (Anthony)
Chapter 64 (Lexi)
Chapter 65 (Lexi)
Chapter 66 (Anthony)
Chapter 67 (Anthony)
Chapter 68 (Lexi)
Milkā€¢Urban Outfitters
Chapter 69 (Anthony)
Chapter 70 (Lexi)
Chapter 71 (Anthony)
Chapter 72 (Anthony)
Chapter 73 (Lexi)
Chapter 74 (Lexi)
Chapter 75 (Anthony)
Chapter 76 (Lexi)
Chapter 77 (Anthony)
Chapter 78 (Lexi)
Portfolio
Chapter 79 (Anthony)
Chapter 80 (Lexi)
Chapter 81 (Lexi)
Chapter 82 (Anthony)
Chapter 83 (Anthony)
Chapter 84 (Anthony)
Chapter 85 (Lexi)
Chapter 86 (Anthony)
Chapter 87 (Anthony)
Chapter 88 (Lexi)
Chapter 89 (Anthony)
Chapter 90 (Lexi)
Chapter 91 (Lexi)
Chapter 92 (Lexi)
Andrei's gift
Chapter 93 (Anthony)
Chapter 94 (Lexi)
Chapter 95 (Anthony)
Chapter 96 (Lexi)
Wedding|Honey moon
Chapter 97 (Lexi)
Chapter 98 (Anthony)
Chapter 99 (Lexi)
Chapter 100 (Anthony)
Chapter 101 (Lexi)
Chapter 102 (Lexi)
Chapter 103 (Anthony)
Chapter 104 (Lexi)
Chapter 105 (Anthony)
Chapter 106 (Lexi)
Chapter 107 (Lexi)
Chapter 108 (Anthony)
Chapter 109 (Lexi)
Chapter 110 (Anthony)
Chapter 111 (Lexi)

PREVIEW

2.9K 66 64
By Heartmyart

Intro (Anthony)

        Revenge is like a poison that spreads until it consumes. It can turn a person a shade darker than they thought they could ever be. 

Like when Domani De Luca, filled with rage and insanity, chained a man to the ceiling, beat and belittled him, fucking the man's ex fiance right there in front of him as an audience. Then he gutted him. Literally ripped his belly open and let the innards run out. 

That's what revenge can do to a person.

That's why I've been trying my damn hardest to keep Lexi from losing herself in this shock and grief after learning her father murdered her mother. She has the burning desire to retaliate and cause the most damage no matter the collateral of it. 

She's so hell bent on this I don't think she's even considering her own safety and well being. And that's where I come in. I'm her boyfriend. I'm supposed to be her life raft in all this. And believe me I'm trying.

        What scares me most is how uncommon a pair Lexi and Dom made when they teamed up against the Petrov men behind all our backs. People don't know, but I know. And anything involving Domani De Luca is always a bad idea. He isn't the influence I want around her right now, but I'm afraid I'm too late.

The sharp witty Lexi is fading before my eyes. I've been holding out my hand. I just need for her to take it.

-

Prologue (Lexi)

        "So...why did you call this sit down with me?" Dom intertwined his fingers on the tabletop across from me. The man was in an all black suit. A look I've seen him in almost every time I've ever seen him. His face is stern. Unmoving. But his eyes...they were curious.

"Because I need something from you, Dom." He arched a brow which I knew was him asking me what I needed from him of all people. "I need you to teach me," I told him. Now he really arched a brow, but I also piqued his interest.

"Teach you what?"

"How to be you" I let the statement linger before clarifying, "You're smart. You're dangerous. You have a head for business, but you also have a cold enough heart to be able to mow down anybody who gets in your way."

"And what do you need a skill like that for?" His voice is deep, dry like a barren desert. 

"Well, Dom...I'm going to destroy the Petrov empire...and then I'm going to murder my father." I hadn't said those words out loud to anyone other than my husband-boyfriend Anthony Rizzo. To say them to Domani De Luca made the idea more like a solidified promise now.

Dom didn't flinch at my words, but he didn't speak right away either. I'd say I just shocked Domani De Luca, or at least as much as someone can startle a man like him.

        "Well, that would be rather inconvenient for me" he was monotonous. " I know, which is the second reason why I called this sit down between us. I think I know a way to get both of us the things we want." There was a pause. Dom slid his arms off the table in front of him and leaned forward until his broad chest was against the edge of it.

"And what do you think that I want?"

I smirked, "What all you assholes want. Power, money, controlling new territories that'll expand your channel double, if not triple what Vitaly is giving you right now." Dom was quiet for a moment too long so I added, " Dom what would you do if someone murdered the person you love most in the world?" I watched his nostrils flare and his jaw jump with tension. The blue of his eyes became darker in color.

"I would destroy them and anything they ever loved in this world" his tone was gritty at even the idea of it. "Exactly...so teach me."

-

Prologue (Dom)

        "Mr. De Luca, I'm glad you finally agreed to come to a session with Mia. I think it could be a benefit for the both of you" the gray haired woman crossed one leg over the other, placing her notebook down on her thigh as she eyeballed me.

Mia has been asking me to join her in therapy for a session. I don't see the point of it. I think therapy is good for her, but I thought the point of going to a shrink was for privacy, not to welcome your boyfriend into your personal safe space. 'Safe space' is what Mia has called it. But here I was letting some stranger get into our business. I was wildly un-fucking-comfortable.

        "Am I supposed to expose my bleeding heart now? What are we doing here?" I looked between both Mia and the shrink. Mia was beside me on a short sofa. I could feel her looking deeply into the side of my head burrowing a hole into my skull. Her eyes told me to 'play nice', but her hand reaching out for mine told me she understood my discomfort and wanted to reassure me.

"Well, Mia has told me a bit about your relationship. How it started, some of the trails and errors you've faced, and obstacles you've endured. You seem to have had a difficult upbringing yourself, with having a stern father and joining the military for many years" the lady's gaze felt intrusive, those beady goddamn eyes. 

Why the fuck did she know all that about me? Stern father? This shrink doesn't even know the half of it.

I mean, I knew Mia edited her version of the truth because she couldn't tell the woman about the mafia, or murders, or who I truly was, but I didn't think she'd edit me into the equation so much. I don't want my business out there. Even an edited version. My nostrils flared with my clenching jaw.

        "My upbringing was fine. How does this relate to Mia?" I couldn't hide the defense in my tone. Mia's hand gently squeezed mine, but I was in the middle of a stare off with the shrink in the chair directly in front of me.

"Well, Mr. De Luca, when someone has some form of trauma of their own it plays a vital role in how that individual would respond to a partner's trauma and what that can encompass" she babbled.

"Babe, last session we were talking about generational trauma and toxic cycles...like how my father mistreated my mother and me, predisposing me to abuse and angry men. Even though it was wrong it was familiar, which is what led me to my ex, which is what led me to you...and how I let you treat me at first" Mia's cheeks heated. I grit my teeth.

I know I'm a piece of shit. I'm fully aware of it, but with Mia I did try. I failed most of the time, but I cared about her, so hearing her air our shit out...saying how I mistreated her. It really chaffed at me. What does she really think about me?

        "When you are programmed to act a certain way to survive the situation you are in, that leads to cycling those behaviors towards other factors in your life, for the rest of your life, if not properly acknowledged and identified. I'm sure being a soldier conditioned you, even if only a little bit. But by what Mia told me..." I didn't let the shrink finish. Fuck this.

"Don't psychoanalyze me. You don't know shit about me. I came here for one reason and one reason only. For her" I pointed to Mia whose eyes flew wide at my aggressive tone. My body felt stiff and unnatural. I hate every second of this.

"Aggression, Mr. De Luca, can be a trauma response" the bitch really pushed me. 

I closed my eyes and tried for a breath of patience. Mia has asked me to pause and breathe before I react to things. For her sake I've tried it on multiple occasions. Thing is, when you are the boss of the Italian mob you don't really get the privilege to pause before you react. It's too dangerous a business to hesitate on.

        "So, Mia is attracted to me because my mistreatment of her is familiar? Is that what you're feeding my girlfriend?" I tried for 'calm'. I doubt it sounded very convincing. 

"You are not on trial here, Mr. De Luca. And you misunderstand me. I'm certainly not here to turn Mia against you" she tried to correct herself. Fuck this lady. I turned to the person who actually mattered here.

"What do you need from me? I don't wanna hear what she wants. I wanna know what you want" I used my hold on Mia's hand to pull her a little closer. To block this intrusion sitting in front of us and focus on the person I'm here for.

"For our relationship to grow in a healthy way I think we both need to heal old wounds. Even if you don't acknowledge your issues you do have them Dom. I can't move forward while you remain stagnant. I love you...I want the best for you" those green eyes pierced into my goddamn soul as she looked up at me with silent pleading. I swallowed, swiping my hand down my scruff.

"I...I don't know how to do that" I admitted.----------------To read the rest look for PART 2 of Roses & Ruin called: Thorns & Wreckage- UPDATE: Thorns & Wreckage will be posted on my brand new Patreon account starting Feb 2nd! As always, thanks for reading!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 1.7K 37
"I gently put my hand under her chin and raised her head to take a better look. It shouldn't have happened, but for some reason, breath got knocked...
521K 18.9K 53
"The damage was done the moment our eyes collided." ~Xavier De Luca *** One life-altering night ignites a soul-scorching passion between a gangster...
5.3M 30.9K 7
[ PREVIEW ONLY ] He's a criminal. She's hasn't broken a rule in her life. He's Italian. She's American. He's mean. She's nice. He's like coffee, dark...
3.2K 101 42
An FBI agent who gets an opportunity to move to Italy to be an agent there. Of course she takes it right away. The job she loves in the country she l...