Back to the shadows | Dean Wi...

By courtneybunny2

Book two in that back to you series. Read book one, "Back to believing", if you don't none of this is going t... More

Cast & Playlist
Chapter 1: I'll chase you out of the yard with a shotgun
Chapter 2: Like anyone would invite you
Chapter 3: I've always wanted to hunt down pennywise
Chapter 4: What's so weird about evil, invisible, killer clowns
Chapter 5: Damn you, Sam
Chapter 6: You really think you can kill me
Chapter 7: I really don't feel like hiding bodies
Chapter 8: Pretty, living, not dead, plants
Chapter 9: Probably
Chapter 10: We're supposed to be stalking
Chapter 11: I'll just stick with the boring job
Chapter 12: Are you sure
Chapter 13: When we're burning in hell together
Chapter 14: On this segment of I regret my life
Chapter 15: We're already wanted for murder
Chapter 16: I think he does
Chapter 17: We love summoning demons
Chapter 18: Before something bad happens
Chapter 19: Who has time to murder a town full of people
Chapter 20: Get on your side of the road, man
Chapter 21: I wanna blow shit up
Chapter 22: Super scary threat
Chapter 23: Get over it
Chapter 24: I need coffee
Chapter 25: They are
Chapter 26: What now
Chapter 27: But what do I get
Chapter 28: Except that part
Chapter 29: You were smarter than that
Chapter 30: We got a lot of problems
Chapter 31: Lets dig up a dead body
Chapter 32: Maybe there is
Chapter 33: Go do our SpongeBob seance
Chapter 34: You were sadly mistaken
Chapter 35: I never will
Chapter 36: Just kill me
Chapter 37: Quit yelling at each other
Chapter 38: Psychotic break down is always an option
Chapter 39: Its shitty here
Chapter 40: A hell of a lot
Chapter 41: You have no friends
Chapter 42: Here we go
Chapter 43: I don't need help
Chapter 44: We are better than them
Chapter 45: I know the feeling
Chapter 46: Have fun
Chapter 47: Shut up
Chapter 48: Patiently
Chapter 49: Our big break
Chapter 50: Yes we are
Chapter 51: I'd love to
Chapter 52: You got any popcorn
Chapter 53: We've noticed
Chapter 54: Name your price
Chapter 55: The sky
Chapter 56: I can fix it
Chapter 58: Bring it on
A/N

Chapter 57: I was right

499 15 11
By courtneybunny2

All hell breaks loose part two 1

Dean and Alexis starred at Sams dead body that lay on an old mattress in one if the abandoned houses.

"Dean, let me try again. I-I can do it. I'll save him." Alexis looks at Dean.

Before Dean could reply Bobby walked in, calling out. "Dean? Alex? Brought you this back." Bobby held up the bucket of chicken.

"No thanks, I'm fine." Dean tells him.

"I haven't been able into eat in a week and half. That's hasn't changed." Alexis blinks away the tears.

"You should eat something."

"I said I'm fine." Dean turns, walking to the table where Bobby stood.

"Dean. I hate to bring this up, I really do. But don't you think maybe its time...we bury Sam?"

"No." Dean sits down.

"Well, maybe we could--"

"What, torch his corpse? Not yet."

Bobby leans against the table. "I want you to come with me."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Dean, please."

"Would you cut me some slack?"

"I just don't think you two should be alone, that's all. I gotta admit, I could use your help. Something big is going down. End of the world big."

"Well, then let it end!" Dean yells. Alexis flinches. This is your fault. You couldn't save him.

"You don't mean that."

Dean stands up, stepping toward Bobby. "You don't think so? Huh? You don't think I've given enough? You don't think I've paid enough? I'm done with it. All of it. If you knew what's good for you, turn around and get the hell outta here. Go!" Dean pushes Bobby toward the door.

"Dean." Alexis sighs, giving him a look.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Dean whispers, taking a step back. "Please just go."

"You know where I'll be." Bobby turns around and walks out the door. Alexis glances at Dean, who stood at the table. She walked up behind him, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"I'm so sorry, Dean." She whispers, resting her forehead between his shoulder blades.

~~~

Alexis stood up, she couldn't sit here anymore. She couldn't just watch Dean hurt. She couldn't stare at Sams dead body. She hated the guilt that ate at her. She had to fix this. One way or another.

Alexis kneels down in front of Dean. "Hey, I'll be back in a little while, okay?" She presses her lips to his cheek, hoping maybe that her power would come back and take his pain. She wasn't sure if that's how it worked, but she prayed it was.

~~~

Alexis covered the box with gravel before standing up. She looked around, waiting. She taps her fingers against her thigh. This is how I fix it. This will stop all the pain.

"Hey, dickhead, I'm here!" She holds out her arms. "You coming to steal my soul or not?"

"So demanding." A masculine voice says from behind her. Alexis turns around to see a man with brown hair in a suit standing there.

"Well, took you long enough." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

The mans eyes flash red causing Alexis to suck in a breath. This is it.

"What can I do for you, Alexis Hart? You know, I never thought you would be here. Or any Hart really."

"Well, I actually have a soul to sell. They don't."

The demon laughs. "Still oblivious, I see. Anyway, I know why you're here."

"Really? Why's that?"

"You want me to bring Sam Winchester back to life since you couldn't do it. You failed. Just like always."

"You know, I could easily summon another demon. I'm sure they'd all love to make a deal with me. You can have it. All I want is ten years. Just like everybody."

The demon laughed. "Ahh, you are funny. You can't possibly think I can let a Hart go with ten years, do you? This is a rare, momentous occasion."

Alexis scoffs. "You think you can just take my soul and not give me the ten years? Everybody else gets that deal."

"Oh, sweetheart, you're not everyone else. Plus, I take years off for....broken souls. And you are quite broken. Damaged goods, you know?"

Alexis sighs. "Eight."

"Hmm, no."

"I will send you back to hell right now."

"No, no you won't."

"Six."

"Getting closer."

"Four. That's it. No lower."

"Ahh, so close, yet so far."

"What do you want, dickhead?"

The demon sighs, stepping toward her. "Listen, shortcake, I gotta tell ya. I could lose my job over what I'm about to do. Its actually pretty illegal."

"Oh, sure. I'm sure hell is super strict about who's souls you take."

"Do you want my help or not? I'm breaking a lot of rules helping you. So I'll bring back your boy toy's brother and I'll let you have, hmm, one year."

"One?" Alexis scoffs.

"Call another demon, no one will help you. We can't."

"But you will? Why?"

"Lets just say, I got a soft spot for pretty girls who are helpless. And I have a debt to pay. Two birds, one stone. What do you say, sweet cheeks?"

Alexis was silent for a second. Forgive me, Dean. She leans up, kissing the demon.

~~~

Alexis walks through the door.

"You want something to eat? I'm starving, huh?" She hears Dean say.

Alexis smiles as she sees Sam and Dean. Though, a part of her was asking how the hell Dean wasn't asking all these questions to her and his previously dead brother. "Sammy? You're awake?" Alexis pulls him into a hug.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good. Dean said Bobby patched me up."

Alexis pulls away, glancing at Dean, who had a questioning look on his face.

"So about that food..." Alexis trails off.

"Lexi, we need to talk." Dean says.

"Yeah, we do. Uh, food first?"

Dean hesitantly nods.

~~~

"And that's when you guys showed up." Sam tells Dean and Alexis.

"That's awful." Dean sighs. "Poor Andy."

"The demon said he only wanted one of us to walk out alive."

"Yeah, he told me in my dream that I wasn't supposed to be there cause I was too important to die. And one other person was going to live." Alexis drops the crust of her pizza back onto the box.

"He told both of you that?" Dean asks.

"Yup."

"Yeah."

"Like Alex said, he appeared in a dream." Sam adds.

"He tell you anything else?"

Sam shook his head. "No. No, that was it, nothing else. You know, what I don't get, Dean, us id the demon only wanted one of us, then how did Jake and I both get away?"

"Well, I mean, the left you for dead. I'm sure they thought it was over." Dean shrugs. Alexis glances at him. Something's off.

"Yeah, Deans right. Demons are stupid."

"Now that yellow eyes has Jake, what's he gonna do with him?" Dean asks.

"I don't know." Sam replies. "But whatever it is, we gotta stop it."

"Well, hold on, alright? You need to get your rest. We got time."

"No, we don't."

"Sam, oceans aren't boiling, okay? Frogs aren't raining from the sky. Lets get you your strength back first."

"Well, did you call the Roadhouse? They know anything?"

Alexis clears her throat, sinking into her chair.

"Yeah." Dean mutters.

"Guys, what is it?" Sam asks.

Dean moves to sit beside Alexis. "The Roadhouse burned to the ground. Ash is dead. Lexi says Ellen isn't, but we're not sure. A lot of other hunters too."

"Demons?"

"Yeah, we think so." Alexis nods.

"We think because Ash found something." Dean adds.

"What did he find?"

"Bobby's working on that right now."

"Well, come on then. Bobby's only a few hours away." Sam stands, hissing in pain.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, stop, Sam. Damn it." Dean stands up, grabbing his shoulder. "You almost died in there. I mean, what would I have--? Can you just take care of yourself for a little but, huh? Just for a little bit."

"I'm sorry. No."

~~~

Alexis slips on her jacket, getting ready to walk out the door and to the car where Sam was.

"Hey, Lex." Dean gently grabs her arm, turning her around to face him. "Uh, is there something I should--?"

"Dean, look, Sam was dead." Alexis whispers. "We both know that. You weren't very shocked to see him up and about. Why's that?"

"Lexi, its complicated."

"I know. I do. I just want to know why you're acting like this is normal."

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I asked first."

Dean scoffs. "Really?"

"Yes."

"Sweetheart, look, I-I had to."

"Its okay. You can tell me." Alexis takes his hand.

"I...sold my soul."

Alexis took a deep breath. "Heh. Well, that's funny cause I kinda sorta...did too."

"You what?"

"Look, I, uh, I couldn't sit there and watch you like that. And Sam, I couldn't save him and I-I thought if I could then it would all be better. This can't be right. Demons, they can't--? Can they? Its--"

"Hey, Lex, shh. We'll figure it out. I promise." Dean pulls her into his arms.

"Dean, please tell me you got ten years." Alexis felt Dean stiffen as she asked that.

"Why?"

"Cause I could only get...one."

"Oh, god." Dean mutters.

"Is that what you got?"

"Its okay. We're okay. You and me."

~~~

The door opens.

"Hey, Bobby." Dean says, not completely meeting his eyes.

"Hey, Bobby." Sam repeated, smiling.

"Hey...man." Alexis laughs a little, tapping her fingers against her thigh.

"Sam....Its good to see you up and around."

"Yeah. Well, thanks nor patching me up." Sam pats his shoulder, continuing into the house.

"Don't mention it."

"Go, Dean. Before he bites our heads off." Alexis lightly pushes Dean forward, trying to get in the house and to Sam so Bobby couldn't kill her.

"Well, Sams better. And we're back in it now. So, what do you know?" Dean asks.

~~~

"Well, I found something. But I'm not sure what the hell it means." Bobby explains.

"Sounds promising." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"What is it?" Sam asks.

"Demonic omens. Like a friggin tidal wave. Cattle deaths, lightning storms. They've skyrocketed from out of nowhere. Here." Bobby sets a map on the table in front of them, pointing to Wyoming. "All right here. Except for one place. Southern Wyoming."

"Wyoming?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, that one areas totally clean. Spotless. Its almost as if...."

"What?" Sam asks.

"The demons are surrounding it."

"And we don't know why?" Alexis asks.

"No, and by this point my eyes are swimming." Bobby looks at Sam. "Would you take a look at it? Maybe you can catch something I couldn't."

"Yeah, sure."

"Come on, Dean. Alex. I got some more books in the truck." Bobby starts walking toward the door all while glaring at the two. "Help me lug 'em in."

"Dean, these gonna rip out heads off." Alexis mumbles, reluctantly following behind him.

~~~

"You stupid asses. What did you do?" Bobby hisses, turning to face Dean and Alexis. "What did you do?" Bobby yells, grabbing Deans jacket. "You made a deal. For Sam, didn't you? How do you fit into this?" He asks Alexis.

"Heh," Alexis laughs nervously. "well, f-funny story. I, uh, I kinda sorta maybe got conned by a demon and now I'm gonna die in a year. Yay. I've had an eventful day."

"Lex, you're rambling."

Alexis laughs. "I know."

"How long did they give you?" Bobby looks back at Dean.

"Bobby."

"How long?"

"....One year."

"Damn it, Dean."

"Which is why we gotta stop this yellow eyed son of a bitch. That's why I'm gonna kill him myself. I mean, I got nothing to lose now, right?"

Bobby grabs Dean by the coat, pulling him forward. "I could throttle you. Both of you."

"And send us downstairs ahead of schedule?"

"What is it with you Winchesters, huh? You, your dad, you're both itching to throw yourselves down the pit."

"You know, I can't answer that, but I can tell you I'm just really dumb." Alexis shrugs. "Ask Vivian. She'll tell you."

"That's my point. Dad brought me back, Bobby, I'm not even supposed to be here. At least this way something good can come out of it, you know. Like my life can mean something."

"What, and it didn't before? Have you got that low of an opinion of yourself? Are you that screwed in then head?"

"Dean, what the hell are you going on about? Your life does mean something. You're supposed to be here." Alexis turns to face him.

"I couldn't let him die. I couldn't. He's my brother."

"How is your brother gonna feel when he knows you're going to hell? How'd it feel when your dad went for you?"

"You can't tell him. You take a shot at me, whatever you gotta do. But please don't tell him."

Alexis slips her hand into Deans, giving it a squeeze. A noise from the other side of one of the many cars causes the three to duck behind a broken car.

When they saw the shadow approaching they jumped out, grabbing Ellen by the coat.

"Ellen?" Dean asks.

"I knew you were alive. I was right." Alexis smiles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 5.9K 74
Elena hits her head in the roof and is unable to move. She coughs as glass bits crumble to the ground. "Ahh!" She screams in pain. Running feet are h...
6.3K 365 37
When she finds herself back in Sioux Falls on a job, a twist of fate puts Evelyn Marshall in the path of the Winchesters and Bobby Singer. With nowhe...
47.6K 1K 25
Alexis Hart or Smith, as she prefers, grew up learning to hunt the things that go bump in the night. It was her life. She was taught it was the only...
13.7K 371 38
Book 3 in the back to you series. After selling their souls Dean and Alexis agree to live life to the fullest before their time is up. Even though b...