Back to the shadows | Dean Wi...

By courtneybunny2

Book two in that back to you series. Read book one, "Back to believing", if you don't none of this is going t... More

Cast & Playlist
Chapter 1: I'll chase you out of the yard with a shotgun
Chapter 2: Like anyone would invite you
Chapter 3: I've always wanted to hunt down pennywise
Chapter 4: What's so weird about evil, invisible, killer clowns
Chapter 5: Damn you, Sam
Chapter 6: You really think you can kill me
Chapter 7: I really don't feel like hiding bodies
Chapter 8: Pretty, living, not dead, plants
Chapter 9: Probably
Chapter 10: We're supposed to be stalking
Chapter 11: I'll just stick with the boring job
Chapter 12: Are you sure
Chapter 13: When we're burning in hell together
Chapter 14: On this segment of I regret my life
Chapter 15: We're already wanted for murder
Chapter 16: I think he does
Chapter 17: We love summoning demons
Chapter 18: Before something bad happens
Chapter 19: Who has time to murder a town full of people
Chapter 20: Get on your side of the road, man
Chapter 21: I wanna blow shit up
Chapter 22: Super scary threat
Chapter 23: Get over it
Chapter 24: I need coffee
Chapter 25: They are
Chapter 26: What now
Chapter 27: But what do I get
Chapter 28: Except that part
Chapter 29: You were smarter than that
Chapter 30: We got a lot of problems
Chapter 31: Lets dig up a dead body
Chapter 32: Maybe there is
Chapter 33: Go do our SpongeBob seance
Chapter 34: You were sadly mistaken
Chapter 35: I never will
Chapter 36: Just kill me
Chapter 37: Quit yelling at each other
Chapter 38: Psychotic break down is always an option
Chapter 39: Its shitty here
Chapter 40: A hell of a lot
Chapter 41: You have no friends
Chapter 42: Here we go
Chapter 43: I don't need help
Chapter 44: We are better than them
Chapter 45: I know the feeling
Chapter 46: Have fun
Chapter 47: Shut up
Chapter 48: Patiently
Chapter 49: Our big break
Chapter 50: Yes we are
Chapter 51: I'd love to
Chapter 52: You got any popcorn
Chapter 54: Name your price
Chapter 55: The sky
Chapter 56: I can fix it
Chapter 57: I was right
Chapter 58: Bring it on
A/N

Chapter 53: We've noticed

483 19 0
By courtneybunny2

Folsom Prison Blues 2

Alexis leans against the wall as she sat on the floor of the closet with Vivian across from her.

"So you're not here on the search for a hot prison man to date?"

"Uh, no." Vivian shakes her head.

"Not to date, got it. But you also said that you're not here to grope one so then what's the point if being here? Like, you could totally break someone out if you ended up liking him."

"Yeah. If you find him, break him out, I guess. But no luck. Yet. What about you? Any hot prison men?"

"No, well...." Alexis says, laughing a little. "I've got a criminal. Technically."

"Who?"

Alexis starts laughing. "Guess."

Vivian rolls her eyes. "Dean Winchester."

Alexis was silent for a second. "You know what, screw it." She mutters. "Yeah, you're right. Which is the worst part, but you are."

"Wow."

"Wow is right. Its all just so...wow." Alexis smiles, looking up at the ceiling. "I know you don't like him, but you don't see how great he is. Sometimes it feels like there's a part of him only I get to see."

"Really, like, what, his penis?" Vivian asks. "Don't see how that is, but okay." She mutters to herself.

"No, A different side of his personality, you dingus." Alexis shrugs. "And the sex is great. Like, wow."

"Shut the fuck up. I didn't need to know that."

"What? It is."

"If you don't shut up, I won't give you any more weed."

"Okay." Alexis laughs. "Okay."

"God, he's turned you into a whore."

"No, he hasn't. The amazing sex did. I'm convinced you're just bitter cause you don't get any."

Vivian scoffs. "Whatever, whore. And I have had sex. I had amazing sex with my at the time boyfriend like three days ago. Also I can get you a better outfit if you want, you know a not orange."

~~~

"Call." Dean says, setting down a card. Alexis leaned her head against his shoulder as she sat beside him. The cold air nipped at her as she wrapped her jacket tighter around herself.

"Three aces." The man across the table holds up his cards.

"That's a bad beat." Dean shrugs. "That's bad beat, but see, I'm full. Threes over aces."

The man stands up, hitting the table.

Dean laughs. "I'm sorry. Hey, its a cruel game, my friend. Sorry guys."

Sam sits down across from the two as Dean slides the cigarettes into a pile.

"Its like picking long hanging fruit." Dean smiles.

"You don't even smoke." Sam scoffs.

"You kidding? This is the currency of the realm."

"And I do smoke." Alexis grabs a cigarette. "On occasion."

"Look, I got a go lead on Moody." Sam says.

"Yeah, me too. His spirit paid a visit last night." Dean tells them.

"What?" Sam asks.

"Clock stop, flickering lights, cold spot. I mean, he did everything but yell 'boo'. I woulda thought you'd have seen it, Lexi. You were already in solitary."

"Vivian snuck me out and we were hanging out." Alexis shrugs, lighting the cigarette with the lighter Vivian had told her to keep. She shoves it back in her pocket. "What'd I miss?"

"He walked right by me. Lucas wasn't so lucky. I mean, the way he was screaming.... Guy was a jerk, but he didn't deserve to go like that. What'd you find out?"

"Yeah, so I think I might know where we find his remains." Sam explains. "Blood in his old cell."

"What happened to the heart attack?" Alexis asks.

"It was. After the guards beat him. Apparently, there was so much blood they had trouble mopping it out."

"How we gonna get in?" Dean asks.

"I got a plan."

"That's the Sammy I know. You're like Clint Eastwood from Escape from Alcatraz." Dean smiles.

"Problem is, if we find something, how are we gonna burn it?"

"Well, Vivian loaned me a lighter. I still got it." Alexis shrugs. "We just need salt and something flammable."

"Good thing I'm like James Garner from The Great Escape." Dean says. He stands up. "Hey, fellas, who's ready to deal?" He calls out.

~~~

"You sure about this?" Dean whispers to Sam as the three walk down the line to get food.

"Pretty sure."

"Yeah, well, considering the circumstances, I'd like a little better than pretty sure."

"Well, I'd like to wear something other than orange. Sometimes you don't get what you want." Alexis shrugs.

"Okay, really pretty sure." Sam tells him, walking away.

"I'd like mine al dente." Dean smiles. "Perfect."

"Hey," Alexis calls out, grabbing Dean arm before he walked away. "uh, don't get shanked. And we need to talk later. I have something to tell you."

"Everything okay?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, go." Alexis smiles. He nods, walking away. Alexis spun around when she felt a hand touch her. "Hey, hands to yourself, pal. I'm not some cheap hooker who's ass you can grab whenever you want."

Before the man could reply Dean was in front of her, his hand around her wrist as he gently pushed her behind him. "I'm only gonna say this once, do not touch her."

"Dean, let it go. I'm fine." Alexis grabs his shoulder.

"So you wanna keep her to yourself, huh?" The man asks, taking a step toward her. Dean shoved him away and Alexis sighs.

The man threw a punch, barely missing Deans jaw. Before Dean could retaliate Alexis moved to stand between them. She set her hands on Deans chest, pushing him backwards. He wouldn't meet her eyes though, he was too busy starring down the guy.

"Dean, leave it. Come on, remember the plan. Just drop it, okay? Look, I'm fine. He barely touched me." She lies.

Dean finally looked down at her. "He shouldn't have touched you at all."

"Its fine. Its happened before. I can deal with it. Go, okay? The plan."

"Are you sure you're okay to be alone?" Dean asks.

"Yes, I'm good." Alexis smiles and with that she walks away as Dean went the other direction. Alexis waited beside Sam as Dean started a fight. When all the guards were distracted Sam and Alexis snuck into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of salt before ducking into the ventilation system.

~~~

The walk down the empty hall before finally finding the room they were looking for. Alexis could feel the death, sticking to her like hot air. Her chest tightened.

It was worse than any other part of the jail. Sam flipped the mattress over, revealing a blood stain. He pours on the salt and lighter fluid.

Alexis pulls out her lighter, flicking it on and starring at the flame for a second. "Vivian will kill me when I don't give her this back." She drops it onto the mattress, letting it erupt in flames.

~~~

Alexis moved the vent cover, crawling out into the infirmary. She stands up, smiling. "Mission accomplished."

"What the hell are you doing crawling out of vents?" Vivian asks, looking up when she heard something.

"I came to see Dean. So can you, you know, let me in his cage?" Alexis asks.

"Lexi? Is that you?" Dean calls out.

"Yeah." She walks toward the cages. "Hey, Tiny. Sorry about him, by the way."

"Hey." Tiny nods.

"I could lose my job." Vivian hisses.

"Eh, you'll get another one." Alexis shrugs.

Vivian was silent for a second. "If you two start going at it, I'm gonna murder you both."

"Thanks." Alexis smiles, slipping into the cage. "Nice shiner, asshole. Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you, orange is not your color. You look horrible."

"Ha-ha. Thanks." Dean stands up, pulling her into a hug. "Is everything okay?" He whispers.

"Yeah, we're good. And, uh, don't be mad, but when I got high I accidentally told Vivian that we're together. And if you want, I'll tell Sam. I think somebody should know."

"I'm not mad, darlin'. Not at all."

Alexis reaches up, her fingers brushing over the cut and bruising skin under Deans eyes. She leans up, pressing her lips to it. Alexis felt something in her chest stir.

"What was that?" Dean asks as she pulls away.

"What do you--" Alexis' eyes widen when she notices the cut on his cheek had completely healed. "Dean, you--I--"

"I felt it. You...healed me?"

"I don't know. I didn't--don't. I don't know how I did that."

"Alright, times up. I don't wanna lose my job." Vivian sighs.

"Alright." Alexis nods. He turned to walk away, but Dean, grabbed her elbow and spun her back around to face him. He pressed his lips to hers, his other hand on her hip.

Alexis rolls her eyes, pulling away as Vivian faked gagged. "See ya later."

~~~

"Wait, so you're telling me it isn't Moody?" Sam asks as the three hunters walk around the fenced in yard.

"Unless he liked to go around dressed like a nurse." Dean answers.

"Where was Vivian? She's a nurse, she could've helped." Alexis shoves her hands in her pockets.

"I don't know, she left a while back. Poor Tiny, man. Poor, giant Tiny."

"So this is like the ghost of some nurse who worked here or something?" Sam asks.

"I'd assume that's why this chicks dressed like a nurse." Alexis shrugs.

"I don't know, I guess." Dean adds.

"'I don't know, I guess' isn't really working for me. See, I thought we were done." Sam complains. "I called Deacon, its happening. We're getting out tonight."

"I guess we gotta do some quick research, then." Dean shrugs his shoulders.

"How? I mean, maybe you haven't noticed, we're in jail."

"We've noticed, Sam." Alexis scoffs.

"You have free range, thanks to Vivian. You do whatever."

"That's not entirely true."

~~~

"You wanna know about that nurse?" Randall asks. Sam nods. "Why you wanna know?"

"We got our reasons." Dean replies. "But we'll make it worth your while." He pulls out a pack of cigarettes, handing it to Randall. "So this nurse, she would have had white hair, one screwed up eye. Is that ringing a bell?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I remember her."

"And her name?" Alexis asks.

"No, that's kinda fuzzy." Randall shakes his head. Dean looks at Sam.

"Give it to him." Sam demands.

"I earned these."

"Dean."

Dean begrudgingly hands him the other pack.

"Glockner. Nurse Glockner. Nasty old bitch worked here in the 70's."

"You know her? Sam asks.

"I met her once. I had to get a tetanus shot. She damn near jabbed the needle through my arm. At least I got out alive."

"What do you mean?"

"There were stories, I don't know if they were true. Cons love to talk, but we're all liars."

"What kinda stories?" Dean questions.

"Guys would go up with a cold, next thing, they're in a body bag. A whole rash if heart attacks. Young guys, old guys."

"A heart attack?" Alexis flipped the matches between her fingers.

"Yeah. The story was Glockner had it out for cons and she did this Charles Bronson thing with a hypodermic. That was a rumor. Never proved anything.

"So whatever happened to Glockner?" Dean asks.

"I don't know." Randall shrugs. "I finished my bit and left. Next time I landed back in here, she was gone."

~~~

"Lets say those stories on Glockner were true." Sam says as the three hunters sit at a table.

"Its a thought. In life she's a vigilante. In death, same thing." Dean nods.

"But how's she tied in with the old cellblock?"

"And if she's going after cons, why the guard?" Alexis adds, leaning against the table.

"I did hear in the yard the guard wasn't exactly squeaky clean. So, well, maybe she's going after anyone who breaks the law, like me." Dean suggests.

"Okay, then why hasn't she killed Vivian? And I could be next. Yay." Alexis says sarcastically.

"Maybe Vivian knew what to look out for. How to keep herself safe." Dean shrugs.

"You heard in the yard?" Sam asks.

"Yeah."

Sam scoffs. "Dean, does it bother you at all how easily you seem to fit in here? You too, Alex."

"No, not really."

"Not at all."

"Alright, well, listen. Either way, we need more info on Glockner. If she's buried. If so, where? And we got five hours to get it." Sam sighs. "Don't give me that we-gotta-see-this-thing-through look. We're leaving tonight, no matter what."

"Oh, come on." Alexis complains. "Are you not having fun?"

"I just don't wanna let Deacon down. We owe him."

"But we don't owe him our lives, Dean. Alex doesn't. If she gets extradited its almost 100 percent she'll get the death penalty. If we stay here we're all in danger."

Dean stands up, trying to hide the panic in his eyes.

"Where are you going?" Sam asks.

"Dean?" Alexis looks up at him.

"I'm gonna go talk to our lawyer."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 126 20
Raelynn Michaels grew up with the Winchester brothers. Her daddy died on a hunt with John Winchester. John promised her father in his dying moments t...
9.2K 414 37
When she finds herself back in Sioux Falls on a job, a twist of fate puts Evelyn Marshall in the path of the Winchesters and Bobby Singer. With nowhe...
28.7K 1.1K 67
Elena Is No Stranger when it comes to the Supernatural she has known about it for as long as she can remember. Raised by her Mother Eleanor who was a...
16.2K 377 38
Book 3 in the back to you series. After selling their souls Dean and Alexis agree to live life to the fullest before their time is up. Even though b...