Back to the shadows | Dean Wi...

By courtneybunny2

Book two in that back to you series. Read book one, "Back to believing", if you don't none of this is going t... More

Cast & Playlist
Chapter 1: I'll chase you out of the yard with a shotgun
Chapter 2: Like anyone would invite you
Chapter 3: I've always wanted to hunt down pennywise
Chapter 4: What's so weird about evil, invisible, killer clowns
Chapter 5: Damn you, Sam
Chapter 6: You really think you can kill me
Chapter 7: I really don't feel like hiding bodies
Chapter 8: Pretty, living, not dead, plants
Chapter 9: Probably
Chapter 10: We're supposed to be stalking
Chapter 11: I'll just stick with the boring job
Chapter 12: Are you sure
Chapter 13: When we're burning in hell together
Chapter 14: On this segment of I regret my life
Chapter 15: We're already wanted for murder
Chapter 16: I think he does
Chapter 17: We love summoning demons
Chapter 18: Before something bad happens
Chapter 19: Who has time to murder a town full of people
Chapter 20: Get on your side of the road, man
Chapter 21: I wanna blow shit up
Chapter 22: Super scary threat
Chapter 23: Get over it
Chapter 24: I need coffee
Chapter 25: They are
Chapter 26: What now
Chapter 27: But what do I get
Chapter 28: Except that part
Chapter 29: You were smarter than that
Chapter 30: We got a lot of problems
Chapter 31: Lets dig up a dead body
Chapter 32: Maybe there is
Chapter 33: Go do our SpongeBob seance
Chapter 34: You were sadly mistaken
Chapter 35: I never will
Chapter 36: Just kill me
Chapter 37: Quit yelling at each other
Chapter 38: Psychotic break down is always an option
Chapter 39: Its shitty here
Chapter 40: A hell of a lot
Chapter 41: You have no friends
Chapter 42: Here we go
Chapter 43: I don't need help
Chapter 44: We are better than them
Chapter 45: I know the feeling
Chapter 47: Shut up
Chapter 48: Patiently
Chapter 49: Our big break
Chapter 50: Yes we are
Chapter 51: I'd love to
Chapter 52: You got any popcorn
Chapter 53: We've noticed
Chapter 54: Name your price
Chapter 55: The sky
Chapter 56: I can fix it
Chapter 57: I was right
Chapter 58: Bring it on
A/N

Chapter 46: Have fun

568 18 8
By courtneybunny2

Heart 1

"This lawyer guy this first heart free corpse in town?" Dean asks while he cleans his gun.

"First man. Over the past year, several woman have gone missing." Sam explains as he grabs a beer from the fridge then grabs a chair, setting it beside the bed before sitting down.

"At least we're all in danger now." Alexis shrugs.

"Their bodies all washed up later in the bay," Sam continues. "too deteriorated to draw a firm conclusion."

"But no hearts?" Dean asks.

"No hearts. All hookers working at Hunter's Point. Cops are trying to keep things under wraps. They're looking for a serial killer."

"And the lunar cycle?"

"Mm-hm. Yeah, all the murders happened in the week leading up to the full moon."

"That's good. I love hunting werewolves." Alexis takes off her glasses, setting them on the bedside table. "And this week is right before the full moon, right?"

"Hence the lawyer." Sam nods.

"Awesome." Dean smiles.

"Dean, could you be a bigger geek about this?"

"No, he couldn't." Alexis shakes her head. He's cute though, she thought. So its okay.

"I'm sorry, man, but what about a human by day a freak animal killing machine by moonlight don't you understand? I mean, werewolves are badass. We haven't seen one since we were kids."

"Okay, sparky, and you know what? After we kill it, we can go to Disneyland."

Alexis scoffs.

"Know what the best part is?" Dean asks. "We already know how to bring the suckers down." He holds up a silver bullet. "One of these bad boys right to the heart. What's our next move?"

"Talk to the girl who found the body."

Alexis sighs. "Alright, lets go."

~~~

"I don't understand. I already gave my statement." Madison leads the hunters into her house.

"Right. Well, we just want to verify a few things." Sam explains.

"This is my neighbor, Glen. Glen, this is detective--" Madison turns to look at the hunters.

"Landis. And detective Dante and Smith." Dean fills in, patting Sams back.

"Well, guess I'll leave you to it." Glen heads for the door.

"Thanks for the casserole." Madison calls out.

"Mm-hm."

"Oh, how thoughtful." Dean says. Alexis nudges his side.

"Just call if you need anything." Glen tells Madison.

"He's sweet. He came over to check on me. Have--have a seat."

The four of them each take a seat at the table. "You must be pretty shaken up." Sam starts. "You were Nate Mulligans assistant, right?"

"For two years, yeah."

"So you knew everything about him?" Alexis questions, folding her hands in her lap.

"Probably knew more about him than he did. Nate was--He was nice."

"But?" Sam presses.

"Nothing, really. I... He had a few scotches and started hitting on anyone in a five mile radius. You know the type."

Sam nods, glancing at Dean, who was oblivious. "Yeah, I do. Actually."

"Did, uh, he have any enemies?" Dean asks.

"What do you mean? It sure looked like an animal attack."

"Just checking all the boxes." Alexis shrugs. "Making sure wolverine didn't kill him." She jokes.

"Right, yeah." Dean agrees. "We're just covering all the bases. Anyone that might've have beef with him? Former client, an ex."

"What?" Sam asks when he notices the look on Madison's face.

"This is embarrassing but my ex-boyfriend, Kurt."

"Kurt have a last name?" Dean inquires.

"Murller. After we broke up, he went kinda nuts. He's... Well, he's kinda been stalking me. He got it in his head that something was going on between Nate and I. He showed up at my office."

"What happened?" Sam asks.

"Kurt got into it with Nate. Threw a punch before security grabbed him. I was lucky to keep my job."

"When was the last time you saw Kurt?" Dean questions.

"A few nights ago. Actually, the night Nate died. We were grabbing drinks at thus bar and Kurt showed up."

"And?" Alexis presses.

"Nothing. It was like he was watching me. Then he was gone. To tell you the truth...he scares me."

~~~

"So what do you think? Stalker ex-boyfriend? He hates the boss. And he was there that night." Sam suggests as the three walk down the stairs and toward the car.

"Those are the worse kind of crazy exes. They're so annoying." Alexis complains.

"You think he's our dog faced boy?" Dean asks.

"Well, it's a theory."

"We've had worse."

"You're right about that." Alexis sighs, opening her car door.

"What do you say we pay Kurt a visit?"

"I say, if we have to then sure." Alexis shrugs.

~~~

"Ow, quit pushing me, Sam." Alexis hisses as she stumbles through the doorway to Kurt's apartment.

"Then go."

"Shut up." Dean glares at them as continues into the house.

Alexis walks into the kitchen. "He got any beer?" She asks Dean, who was looking through the fridge.

"Yeah."

"Anything?" Sam calls out from across the room.

"Nothing but leftovers and A six pack." Dean answers.

"Check the freezer. Maybe there's some human hearts behind the Haagen-Dazs or something."

"Oh, yeah. That's where everybody keeps their human hearts before they have them dinner." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest. Dean turned to the freezer but a noise from the balcony door made him stop. He steps outside.

"Sam, Lexi, come here." He calls out. Alexis steps outside, looking around. Sam following suit. "Check it out."

Leaning over the side and looking at the wall, the three hunters seen long claw marks all the way down the wall.

~~~

Alexis shuffled through papers as she sat on the counter. Nothing, absolutely nothing. She sighs. A gunshot in the distance made the hunter take off running.

They left Kurt's apartment and ran to the alley where the gunshot came from. Behind a dumpster they found a mutilated cop.

"I'll call 911." Sam pulls out his cell.

Dean kneels down to the dead body. "I'd say Kurt is looking more and more like pur Cujo."

"Seems that way, doesn't it." Alexis couldn't shake the weird feeling she had. Maybe its me.

"If he's out there, we better check on Madison." Sam says.

~~~

Sam knocks on the door.

"What's going on?" Glen asks from the door behind them.

"Police business, Glen." Dean states.

"What is it?" Madison opens the door.

"Well, maybe we should talk privately?" Sam suggests.

~~~

"Has Kurt been here?" Sam asks as Madison pours him a cup of coffee.

"Not exactly." She then moves to Dean and Alexis.

"What exactly does 'not exactly' mean?" Dean asks.

"Well, he was outside last night. Just looking. Just looking at me."

The three hunters share a look.

"Has he done something?" Madison asks.

"We're not sure." Alexis shrugs, lifting the warm cup to her lips.

"Its probably nothing." Dean adds. "But we don't wanna take any chances. In fact, one of us should probably stay here with you, just in case he stops by. Where does he work?"

"He owns a body shop."

"You mind grabbing the address for us?"

She nods, walking away.

"Alright. You go, I'll stay." Sam says.

"Forget that. You go after the creepy ex." Dean argues.

Alexis groans. "I haven't had enough sleep for this."

"I'll hang here with the hot chick." Dean continues, nudging Alexis as she glares at him.

"Why do you always hang with the girls?" Sam asks.

"Why is this my life?" Alexis complains.

"Because I'm older."

"No." Sam says. "Screw that. We settle this the old fashioned way."

"And what is that, fight to the death?" Alexis questions. "You're idiots."

Sam takes the coffee cups and sets them down, holding up his fist.

They're children, Alexis rolls her eyes. They're gonna play rock, paper, scissors. "I hope you lose." she tells Dean.

"Dean, always with the scissors." Sam smiles.

"Shut up, shut up. Two out of three." Dean demands.

"Oh my god. This job will never end if you keep doing this." Alexis mutters. She grabs Dean by the ear, dragging him to the door. "Have fun, Sam. I'll make sure Dean doesn't." She waves.

~~~

"Let me guess. You're sitting on her couch like a stiff, trying to think of something to say." Dean says when Sam answers the phone. "He hasn't been at work. But I'm good and I mean really, really good. I got a line on where he might be."

"Like you did all the work." Alexis slaps his arm as the two reach the car.

"What's she wearing?" Dean asks. Alexis hits Dean in the back of the head as he drops his phone.

"You are the single most annoying human being I have ever met. Do you know that?" She crosses her arms over her chest as Dean starts the car.

"Oh, Sammy." Dean laughs.

"Leave him alone. For the love of god, and my sanity, leave your poor brother alone."

"That's no fun. Just like if I didn't mess with you. It wouldn't be fun." Dean pats her thigh.

"I'm going to beat the crap outta you one day."

"No, no you won't." Dean leans over, pressing his lips to hers. Alexis smiles, pushing him away.

"Eyes on the road, buddy."

~~~

"Hey, Dean?" Alexis looks over at him as she tucks her legs underneath her.

"Yeah, sweetheart?" Dean takes his eyes off the road to glance at her.

"Uh, I have something I wanna tell you. So when I was...you know, kidnapped, I heard your voice in my head. Like, you were actually talking to me. You know? You said, 'Lexi, please be alive. I promise I will find you. Hold on.' And I just get this overwhelming feeling you actually said that. So I was wondering, did you?"

Dean looks at her, A weird look on his face. "Lex, I thought those things. Exactly those things. How did you know? I didn't tell anyone else."

"I don't know. I just--I just heard you. Your voice filled my head and...Yeah. I guess. Maybe it has to do with whatever weird powers I have. Maybe if someone concentrates enough I can hear what they think, like, towards me, I guess."

"Alright, lets try it then." Dean shrugs, his eyes back on the road.

Alexis sat silent for a second, waiting. Can you hear me? Deans voice rings through her head.

"Yeah, I can hear you." Alexis nods. She went silent again until Deans voice filled her head once more. "Dean Winchester." She hisses, hitting his arm as he chuckles. A blush filled her cheeks as she bit back a smile.

~~~

"I found him." Dean tells Sam after he answers the phone.

Alexis sinks to the floor, hitting Deans leg. "Can we please go now? Lets just wait outside the strip club for the werewolf."

~~~

"I feel dirty. I can't believe you made me go in that place." Alexis complains as she leans against Deans shoulder as the two sit outside of Kurt's apartment.

"You were there for like five minutes." Dean pulls out his gun, making sure its loaded.

"Worst five minutes of my life. And I've been dead twice."

Glass shatters causing the two to look up. The balcony door had shattered.

~~~

Dean and Alexis run into Kurt's apartment, guns blazing. Only to find Madison leaning over Kurt, blood all over her.

She throws the two hunters into the wall, moving closer to most likely rip their hearts out but Dean cut her arm with a silver knife and she backed away before turning and running out the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 386 48
With the apocalypse officially started, Alexis is being pulled in a million different directions. She's trying to avoid both Eden and Eric at all cos...
15.2K 497 44
With Dean back from hell everything seems to be looking up for Alexis. Sort of. She's still recovering from all the new information she's been thrown...
172K 5.6K 41
*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazing cover for me! I love it so much!! You...
109K 5.4K 50
**Set in Season 10** **IT IS VITAL YOU READ BOOK 1 [ROGUE] FIRST** Josette Winchester got a taste of what her life would have been had she not ru...