Back to the shadows | Dean Wi...

By courtneybunny2

Book two in that back to you series. Read book one, "Back to believing", if you don't none of this is going t... More

Cast & Playlist
Chapter 1: I'll chase you out of the yard with a shotgun
Chapter 2: Like anyone would invite you
Chapter 3: I've always wanted to hunt down pennywise
Chapter 4: What's so weird about evil, invisible, killer clowns
Chapter 5: Damn you, Sam
Chapter 6: You really think you can kill me
Chapter 7: I really don't feel like hiding bodies
Chapter 8: Pretty, living, not dead, plants
Chapter 9: Probably
Chapter 10: We're supposed to be stalking
Chapter 11: I'll just stick with the boring job
Chapter 12: Are you sure
Chapter 13: When we're burning in hell together
Chapter 14: On this segment of I regret my life
Chapter 15: We're already wanted for murder
Chapter 16: I think he does
Chapter 17: We love summoning demons
Chapter 18: Before something bad happens
Chapter 19: Who has time to murder a town full of people
Chapter 20: Get on your side of the road, man
Chapter 21: I wanna blow shit up
Chapter 22: Super scary threat
Chapter 23: Get over it
Chapter 24: I need coffee
Chapter 25: They are
Chapter 26: What now
Chapter 27: But what do I get
Chapter 28: Except that part
Chapter 29: You were smarter than that
Chapter 30: We got a lot of problems
Chapter 31: Lets dig up a dead body
Chapter 32: Maybe there is
Chapter 33: Go do our SpongeBob seance
Chapter 34: You were sadly mistaken
Chapter 35: I never will
Chapter 36: Just kill me
Chapter 37: Quit yelling at each other
Chapter 38: Psychotic break down is always an option
Chapter 40: A hell of a lot
Chapter 41: You have no friends
Chapter 42: Here we go
Chapter 43: I don't need help
Chapter 44: We are better than them
Chapter 45: I know the feeling
Chapter 46: Have fun
Chapter 47: Shut up
Chapter 48: Patiently
Chapter 49: Our big break
Chapter 50: Yes we are
Chapter 51: I'd love to
Chapter 52: You got any popcorn
Chapter 53: We've noticed
Chapter 54: Name your price
Chapter 55: The sky
Chapter 56: I can fix it
Chapter 57: I was right
Chapter 58: Bring it on
A/N

Chapter 39: Its shitty here

466 15 25
By courtneybunny2

Born under a bad sign 2

Dean was now panicking. He and Alexis were wiping their prints off of anything and everything while Sam sat still at the desk.

"How do you erase this, huh?" Dean asks, pointing to the computer. "Sam, come on, I need your help."

"I killed him, Dean. I just broke in and killed him."

"Listen to me. Whoever this guy is, he's a hunter. Other hunters are gonna come looking for his killer. Which means we gotta cover our tracks, okay?"

"Deans right, Sam. I know it hurts, trust me I know, but we don't have time to sulk." Alexis gave him a look.

"His name was Steve Wandel. This is a letter from his daughter." Sam exhales, dropping the letter onto the desk. Dean picks up the computer, throwing it to the floor causing Sam and Alexis to jump.

Dean throws Sam a cloth. "Wipe your prints. Then we go."

~~~

Alexis closes the motel door behind her.

"Alright, we get a couple hours of sleep, then we put the place in our rear view mirror." Dean says, dropping the duffle bag on the bed. "Look, I know this is bad, okay? You gotta snap outta it."

Alexis sits down by the window, leaning her head against the glass.

"Sam, say something."

"We should get some sleep and leave in the morning?" Sam shrugs. "Murder, Dean. That's what I did."

"Maybe, okay? Hey, we don't know--shapeshifter."

"Oh, come on. You know it wasn't. You saw the tape. There was no eye flare, no distortion."

"But it wasn't you." Dean insists. "Alright. Yeah, it might've been you but it wasn't you."

"I think it was."

"Coulda been possession." Alexis mumbles to herself, neither of the brothers heard her.

"I think maybe more than you know." Sam sits down.

"What the hell does that mean?"

"For the last few weeks, I've been having....I've been having these feelings."

"What feelings?"

"Rage. Hate." Sam says as Dean sits down across from him. "And I can't stop it. It just gets worse. Day by day, it gets worse."

"You never told me this."

"I didn't wanna scare you and we had a lot of other stuff going on." Sam glances at Alexis, who knew she was what that 'other stuff' was. A tightness filled her chest. This is your fault, the voice tells her.

"Well, bang up job on that." Dean stands up.

"Dean, the yellow eyed demon, you know he has plans for me. We know he's turned other children into killers before too."

"No one can control you but you."

"Doesn't seem like it. It feels like no matter what I do, slowly but surely....I'm just--I'm becoming--"

"What?"

"A killer." Alexis says. "Insane. Homicidal."

Sam looks at Alexis, she knew how he was feeling, but not being alone wasn't A comfort for either of them. "Who I'm meant to be." Sam adds. "You said it once yourself. I gotta face up to who I am."

"I didn't mean this." Dean yells.

"But it's still true. You know that." Sam stands up, walking toward Dean. "Dad knew that too. That's why he told you if it ever came to this--"

"Shut up, Sam."

"Dean, you promised him. You promised me."

"No." Dean says. "Listen to me. We're gonna figure this out, okay? I mean, there's gotta be a way, right?"

"Yeah, there is." Sam picks up a gun, holding it out to Dean. "I don't wanna hurt anyone else. I don't wanna hurt you."

"You won't." Dean states. "Whatever this is, you can fight it."

"No, I can't. Not forever."

Alexis sighs, her eyes fluttering shut. She'd never been more thankful for the sleeping pills to start kicking in.

"Here, you gotta do it." Sam insists. Sam forces the gun into Dean hand.

"You know, I've tried so hard to keep you safe."

"I know."

Dean shakes his head. "I can't. I'd rather die." Dean drops the gun to the floor, stepping around Sam.

"No." Sam says. "You'll live." Sam picks up the gun, turning around to face Dean. "You'll live to regret this." Sam hits Dean with the butt of the gun, knocking him out.

~~~

When Alexis woke up she thought it was too quiet. She stretched, looking around as she pushed the nightmares put of her head. Her eyes land on Dean, who was laying in the floor. "What the hell?"

Alexis stand up, quickly moving toward him. She kneels down, pulling him to her. She pats his cheek, ignoring the horrible images filling her head. "Dean, wake up. Come on, buddy. Hello? Earth to Dean."

A knocking on the door makes her look up. "They'll go away." She mutters, continuing to try and wake Dean.

The knocking continues as Dean blinks. "Lexi?"

"Hey, welcome to the land of the living. Its shitty here."

The two look up as the door opens and a man walks in. "Its past your checkout." The man walks back out of the door as Dean and Alexis stand up, following.

"What?" Dean asks.

"Its past checkout and I have a couple here who need your room."

Alexis grabs her bag, moving back to the door and glancing out to see a blonde woman and a man in a suit.

"Oh, yeah. I'll bet they do." Dean remarks. "What time is it?"

"Twelve thirty."

"They guy that was with us, have you seen him?"

"Yeah, he left before dawn in your car, you should've gone with him because now I'm gonna have to charge you extra."

"Oh, son of a bitch."

"That's just policy, sir."

"I need to use your computer."

"Why would I let you use my computer?"

"Because." Alexis pulls out a fifty dollar bill, slapping it in the mans hand. "Get your bag, baby. We're leaving."

~~~

"Hi, uh, so sorry to bother you, but, uh, my son snuck out of the house last night and, uh, went to a Justin Timberlake concert." Dean says to the person on the other end of the phone. "What?"

Alexis pushes herself up to sit on the counter, tapping her fingers against her thigh.

"Yeah, Justin is quite the triple threat." Dean rolls his eyes. "Uh, anyway, he's not back yet and I'm just--I'm starting to worry....Right, boys will be boys. But see, Sammy is a, uh, a diabetic and, uh, if he doesn't get his insulin...then just--I have to find him....Please, I'm begging you.....Yeah, no, no, no. I'm on the website right now. I just need to activate the GPS in his cell phone....Yeah, right there. Duluth, Minnesota. Yeah, that is a long way to go for a concert. I appreciate your help."

Dean hangs up the phone.

~~~

"Sam!" Dean yells as he and Alexis walk into the bar, guns pointed at the younger hunter. Sam holds a knife the Jo's throat, who was currently tied up. Literally.

"I begged you to stop me, Dean."

"Put the knife down, damn it."

"I told you, I can't fight it. My head feels like its on fire, alright." Sam yells. "Dean, kill me or I'm gonna kill her. Please you'd be doing me a favor. Shoot me." Sam moves the knife away from Jo's throat. "Shoot me!"

"No, Sammy. Come on." Dean lowers his gun, turning around.

"What the hell's wrong with you, Dean? Are you that scared of being alone that you'd rather let Jo die?"

Dean spins around, splashing Sam with holy water. "Its holy water, you demonic son of a bitch."

Sam yells as Dean throws more water on him. He jumps out of the window.

Alexis cuts the ropes around Jo's wrists before following Dean in the direction Sam went.

"He was possessed?" She asks.

"No, he's allergic to water." Alexis remarks as her and Dean climb out the window.

"I thought you were supposed to be dead!"

"So did the rest of the world, Jo."

~~~

Dean and Alexis wander around a warehouse, searching for Sam.

"So who are you?" Dean asks after seeing him duck behind something.

"I got a lot of names."

"You've been in Sam since he disappeared, haven't you?"

"You should've seen your face when you though he murdered that guy. I'm surprised Alex didn't catch on quicker, but she's got a lot going on. Pathetic. Both of you."

"Why didn't you kill us? You had a dozen chances."

Alexis jumps when the sound of something hitting the floor echoes. Dean taps her arm, gesturing in the opposite direction. She seen Sam quickly walking that way.

"No, that would've been too easy. Where's the fun in that? You see, this was a test. Wanted to see if I could pain you far enough to waste Sam. Should've known you wouldn't have the sack. Anyway, fins over now."

"Well, I hope you got your kicks. You're gonna pay hell for this."

"How? You can't hurt me. Not with out hurting your little brother. See, I think you're gonna die, Dean. You and every other hunter I can find."

Dean slips his gun back in his coat, nudging Alexis, who does the same.

"One look at Sams dewy, sensitive eyes...they'll let me right in their door." He continues.

Dean and Alexis heard footsteps and watched as Sams shadow ducked out the door. The two follow only to find no one outside.

They wander over to the edge of the dock, looking down at the water. Alexis didn't turn around until she heard the first gunshot. She felt the second one.

She stumble backwards, hitting the cold water before everything went dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 5.9K 74
Elena hits her head in the roof and is unable to move. She coughs as glass bits crumble to the ground. "Ahh!" She screams in pain. Running feet are h...
8.3K 415 47
It had been one year since Alexis had been in the hunting world. One year since Sam had pushed Lucifer back into the pit and stopped the apocalypse...
2.2K 78 17
Taken after the events of Devilish Angel, the reader somehow finds out that she had been brought back to life and has been back for nearly a year wit...
258K 8.5K 69
"It's okay." Elena says. "No. I kissed you without asking. I shouldn't have done that." Sam says. "No. You shouldn't have. But I also realized some...