Siren's Call

By Kheinnox

have you ever wondered whats the view beyond the lenses? although im singing my heart out to someone who coul... More

Preview
Prologue
I. PIGGYBANK
II. FEAR
III. CONTROL
IV. UNCERTAINTY
V. GOSSIP
VI. RIGHTS
VII. ISSUE
VIII. DRAMA
IX. HEART
X. BITE
XI. INTENSITY
XII. FLESH
XIII. PAIN
XIV. BOIL
XVI. CYNICAL
XVII. DAD
XVIII. MOM
XIX. BREED
XX. CRUX
XXI. CORE AND BLISS
XXII. UNPRECEDENTED
XXIII. CAME AND LOST
XXIV. SEA
XXV. STROKE AND TURN
XXVI. CALL
XXVII. SONG
XXVIII. PEACE IN PAIN
XXIX. CLEAR
XXX. LOVE
Epilogue 1 Mercy
Epilogue 2 Sea

XV. TAIL

470 34 4
By Kheinnox

nhu pov

after an night-long exercise with my insatiable mate...

hear that?

mate

my partner

boyfriend

or in his own words... husband

i still feel giddy everytime he called me like that. apparently in his world, human wedding is not a norm since if you are a mate and you are made to as such willingly, you are mated for life.

cheating?

cant be since your body rejects all of those who wants to be mated to you. you vomit and such. in my line of work, not a good thing but ever since we outed ourselves, nobody since approached me with that intent.

running away?

vamps can find their singers wherever they are in the world. much like a homing device of humans only in a global scale.

death?

maybe

since i intend to live as long as arius does and he as well wants to outlive me, then its not an option. he told me the other day that i might really live a long time since i got human blood in me. he said human blood is too malleable to change. he had bitten me enough times that he apparently made me half vampire already. its just a hunch though and only an elder could tell certainly. as for my other half, its a bit problematic.

i turned into a mer-folk during my break in a variety show. tail and all. i was barely breathing.

it was chaotic.

luckily wena is aware of what i am and was able to connect me directly to arius. he later came and whisked me away from public eyes, how he did it i dont care, till we came back to our building where i totally blacked out.

i eventually came to but when i did i saw myself underwater.

its a pool, right?

yeah it is. i knew about this area since this is a private one exclusive for the family only. what i was surprised about was...

im breathing...

underwater...

i have gills

ew

its under my jaw directly below my ear on the neck area.

im a fish...

i want to cry...

i dont know why

is it because i evolved from fishes and not from apes? or for the fact that i look awesome with the tail with perks and all underwater?

im going crazy.

i tested my tail... gosh its so awkward... its like swimming with your both feet tied together.

i was about to break the water and scare arius whom i see seated on a pool lounge chair near me. i think hes watching me but i cant be sure. there i was accumulating momentum to surprise him when i felt that itch. when i looked down, my tail was slowly shedding off. its like watching my flesh being teared off bit by bit. its not painful but it looked way gruesome. when i reached for the ledge, arius reached down for me and pulled me up like air. i swear im gonna get bruised up in the future. maybe...

"arius..."

"are you okay?" arius hugged me, after wrapping me up in a bathrobe, despite getting wet. "your legs back. your gills are gone. geez, youll be the death of me, love."

"wait."

"what?"

"youll get wet."

"i dont care."

i just giggled at him but the concern and worry in his eyes made me recoil and just shut my mouth. later when we entered our house, he explained that this might be an irregular thing since im a half. he told me to practice controlling it whenever i got time so that eventually i could do it at will. my life got a little bit complicated but if it is the price to pay to live my own life and be with arius, its so little of a matter to be considered as a nuisance.

now that my body recognizes arius and my supernatural side was awaken to some extent, his family said its time that i am to be welcomed by the clan.

i want to cry.

im scared.

a whole room of vampires and their spawns.

would my acting suffice in masking my fear? i bet they could smell it seep out.

what would i do?

i was so deep in my thoughts when a strong embrace encircled my torso. i came down from the bedroom before arius woke up.

"morning, love." i said. hes been calling me that that it got stuck as our endearment.

"morning, my beautiful. what are you making?"

"just french toast and hot cocoa. want some?" i offered him what i was already biting and he delightfully took a bite making me glimpse on that fang of his.

"yummy." he murmured and went around the island and sat waiting for his portion to be done.

i finished up cooking the meal and continued talking about random things while eating. hes so domestic i cant imagine him doing as such. still on his pyjamas, eating some bacon and french toast with a cup of his special brew on the side. it felt too good to be true sometimes im having an out of the body experience.

"ready for tomorrow?" he asked. well be going to the hotel later in the afternoon and be pampered for a whole day tomorrow. the event will be around 8 in the evening. until when will it last? i dont know.

"you wont leave my side, right?"

"never." he said smiling. i trust him with that.

"how about my suit though?"

"its already been prepared."

"shoes?"

"done."

"make-up?"

"really?" he said looking at me as if im kidding but nope. "a team will be there for you tomorrow."

teasing me now? hes getting comfortable and i like it.

------------->>>>>
arius pov

its the night of the event and im still all nerves since this morning. i cant be with my singer all the time, much to my annoyance, and i got only to see him twice. first, the moment we woke up in our hotel suite and second, when he said goodbye since theyll be at the salon downstairs to prep him for the party.

i know that were inside the same building but the distance is so distinct i could feel it. its like im on drug withdrawal, not that i had used substance before but you get the picture.

my secretarys been on high alert since we arrived yesterday since there had been reports of deliberate altercations between guests and the hotel staffs. the mafia owns this hotel and my dads been all over the place placating said guests. its just a wonder that all of these uproar escalated today of all days.

my moms team already on the thread searching for who is behind all this. its just a matter of time, hell call me and say who it is.

when i stepped out of our room, i saw my dad, shane, being talked to by his head of security. as i neared, i heard crumbs like security, approaching, and line.

"whats going on?" i asked upon reaching him.

"ever since yesterday, as soon as guests and you both arrived here, there has been gossips about our clan gathering here which supposed to be a silent knowledge within our society. its been leaked through to the guests and now theyve been bugging reception if its true. theres no physical threat yet. wheres nhu?" my dad said as soon as his focus returned on me.

"hes with the make-up team i gave him to pretty him up. you know how celebrities are." i said a bit jokingly but it didnt get the reception i expected of him. he turned sour.

"are shadows on him?" he asked seriously.

"wenas with him." i said non-chalantly. i have great confidence on that woman that she could protect my singer even though shes alone.

"are shadows with him?" i looked at my father and saw his concern.

"no." i said half heartedly then its as if ive been washed in cold water, panic sunk in. with that my dad sprinted towards the elevators and here i am confused and panicking following him.

"what is it? i thought its not necessary since the salon is in the building and the place are littered with numerous guards."

"thats the problem. ive convened all the guards near this place since we had gathered all purebloods here. security is necessary just in case a trouble arises. all the other areas got minimal to no security. the salon is at the very corner edge of the hotel complex."

we ran corridor after corridor and lobby after lobby. this place is a massive hotel complex where we cater to all guests needs. a casino, salon, a 24/7 convenience store, spa, gym, and other luxury facilities. but all of these money could buy are nothing if the reason for my breathing disappears.

we ran throught the mall area of the hotel and were gathering on-lookers due to the fact that we are followed by men in suits. every nook and hook of the way, my father disperses guards. this might have rattled some guests but it doesnt matter. i left my father on his own and ran towards the salon.

where i was greeted with shrieks,

push

shove

and

an angry mob?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2M 652K 56
[#1 in wearwolf 6/8/17] "Come on Jenna. Just one word." He taunt. He gripped my wrist in one hand and trailed his hand down my side to my hips. His h...
1.2M 31.8K 31
"Zachary." I snickered. He growled playfully as I laughed, dodging his attempt to grab me and took off running in a random direction. I ran with Zac...
1M 39.8K 35
"Hello, are you there ?" "Yes, I am. I will always be there." "Can I ask you something?" "Sure my love." "Why don't I feel scared of...
66.6K 2.8K 48
"I've love you since then, I'll love you till the rest of my life." I've known him since I can remember. I have stupid crush on him, my brother's be...