Unmarked Mates

Por GosiaAC

BLACK MOON Book Three Can be read as a stand-alone. A mating bond is Goddess' blessing, something pure and p... Mais

Prologue: The knowledge of sin is the beginning of salvation
Chapter 1: What can't be cured must be endured
Chapter 2: "Be careful what you wish for"
Chapter 3: "A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step"
Chapter 4: "Beggars can't be choosers"
Chapter 5: "Beginning is easy - to keep going is hard"
Chapter 6: "Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm"
Chapter 7: "Higher duties mean greater responsibilities"
Chapter 8: "Marriage has teeth and it bites hard"
Chapter 9: "Discretion is the better part of valor"
Chapter 10: " If you want peace, prepare for war"
Chapter 11: "A leopard never changes its spots"
Chapter 13: "Honesty is the best policy"
Chapter 14: "Don't cast pearls before swine"
Chapter 15: An ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure.
Chapter 16: "Blood is thicker than water"
Chapter 17: "Better fifty enemies outside the house than one within"
Chapter 18: "It takes two to tango"
Chapter 19: "Grief divided is made lighter"
Chapter 20: "Ignorance is bliss"
Chapter 21: "Every cloud has a silver lining"
Chapter 22: "Hunger drives the wolf out of the wood"
Chapter 23: "As you sow, so you shall reap"
Chapter 24: "If you play with fire, you'll get burned"
Chapter 25: "The cat is out of the bag"
Chapter 26:" The truth will set you free"
Chapter 27: " A house divided cannot stand"
Chapter 28: "Ask no questions and hear no lies"
Chapter 29: "Devil's Bargain"
Chapter 30: "Familiarity breeds contempt"
Chapter 31: "It's never too late to mend"
Chapter 32: "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."
Chapter 33: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."
Chapter 34: "Curses, like chickens, come home to roost"
Chapter 35: "Where there's a will, there's a way"
Chapter 36: "Action speaks louder than words"
Chapter 37: "One man's trash is another man's treasure"
Chapter 38: "Any port in a storm"
Chapter 39: "Persuasion is better than force."
Chapter 40: "The course of true love never did run smooth" Part 1
Chapter 41: "The course of true love never did run smooth" Part 2
Chapter 42: "The course of true love never did run smooth" Part 3
Chapter 43: "The course of true love never did run smooth" Part 4
Chapter 44: "Oaks may fall when reeds stand the storm"
Chapter 45: "Lightning never strikes twice in the same place."
Chapter 46: "Practice what you preach"
Chapter 47: You show me the man, and I'll show you the rule
Chapter 48: "There is no beast more cruel than man"
Chapter 49: Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future
Epilogue: The longest way around is the shortest way home
Book Four: Untainted Mates

Chapter 12: "Faults are thick where love is thin"

338 21 6
Por GosiaAC

Alexa, warrior of Howl Pack above

Danny POV

My hands are shaking as grip the sink in the bathroom, every inch of my body hurts and I don't know is it because of physical pain or mental pain. My eyes are puffy and red after the whole night of crying. I move around a little to take a good look at my exposed back which is now red and swollen because of Brandon's belt. I had worse from my father's hands and Brandon made sure not to hit me with the belt's buckle but it doesn't make it any less awful.

I don't even remember how our argument started in the car yesterday when he was driving me home. I asked about Fiona, and he kept saying that I imagined things. We quickly lost our cool and I shouted at him calling him a cheating bastard, he pulled over grabbed me by my hair, and hissed in my face:

"You are too full of yourself when you mean nothing you fucking bitch, I'm the warrior, I'm a wolf when you are just a pathetic human trash and I own you and I make sure you learn your place!"

He dragged me into the forest where he tossed me to the ground and kicked me a couple of times in the stomach, next he took his belt and started whipping me on my back and legs but he was careful not to touch my face. I didn't beg or cry for him to stop, just like with my father I lay there waiting for it to be over. The blood was pulsing so strongly in my temples that I wasn't able to hear what he was shouting at me.

Thanks, Goddess Trist was already sleeping when he finally brought me home and Julius wasn't home yet so nobody knows and I'm so happy with it. I haven't felt so ashamed and weak in my whole life, Brandon is my mate and I love him, I must love him and I know he loves me too. He has to love me he is the werewolf so he feels the bond stronger than me, soulmates love each other!

The door gets open and Brandon stands there looking at me and I grip the sink strongly to stop myself from running away as he steps closer and hugs me from behind. I don't make any sound although he touches my bruised body and it hurts, I'm trembling and I can't do anything about it.

I can feel Brandon's wolf and he seems to be in pain, is it because I'm in pain?

"Bruce isn't happy because I punished you," Brandon says" But I hope you understand why I had to do it."

I gulp and don't dare to say anything, thankfully Brandon isn't interested in hearing my answer so I don't have to lie. I've never understood why someone who was supposed to love and protect me chose to hurt me.

Brandon gives me a gentle kiss on my cheek and whispers:

"I love you, Danny, I love you so much, you are mine."

It actually strikes me that it's the first time he has said it. Months ago I would have been the happiest person in the world hearing it, but now honestly want only to cry. He moves his head down and starts sucking on my mate mark, usually, it makes me very horny. When he touches that particular place during the time we have sex being with him is almost enjoyable.

"I need to make breakfast and you have a patrol," I say trying to wriggle out of his arms.

He smirks but lets me go giving my ass a gentle smack:

"Till the evening then," he says and I almost fall to the floor losing all strength in my body, I feel such a big relief he is no longer close to me.

During breakfast both Trist and Julius keep watching me, I'm sure because of my puffy eyes, but both Brandon and I brash off their questions with simple "We had a fight yesterday".

Trist asks me to come to the training ground with him to watch and since I don't want to be alone in the house today I gladly accept. Because I don't want to think about my mate I start thinking about Terry. Seeing him was actually very unexpected, the last time he made any contact with my adoptive parents was 10 years ago. It was also difficult to really call it the contact. He simply made them aware that he was still alive. My mother hoped that he would at least call her soon but that hasn't happened. We talked about him from time to time but with the passing years less and less. We were sure that no matter what Terry would be able to take care of himself.

I remember him quite well from the years I spent with the clan. He was cold and intimidating but fair in the treatment of others. Since he was named as the heir to the clan's leader I know he must have lots of blood on his hands but people in the clan gladly obeyed his leadership, unlike Jordan he led with respect, not fear. 10 years ago he also made sure to give those from our clan who weren't fighters a fresh start after we had lost everything. The way he gained money to do it wasn't the best but in the end, he chose to stand against Jordan and his people and saved my adoptive parents and my Alpha's family. But still, he can't be underestimated, Terry was dangerous and vile if necessary.

I look at Trist who is busy with his friends, they all practice combat today in wolf form and I must say it looks amazing, it takes me back in time for a moment when I watched my best friend Alpha's nephews Jason and James training. It feels so long ago.

Alexa, the pack's warrior, and youngsters' trainer is coming closer to me:

"You look sad Danny, has everything been alright?"

"I got in a fight with Brandon," I say which is not so far away from the truth.

"Over my sister?" she asks and I give her my full attention, I guess I'm not imagining things if others are also sure that something is going on between the two of them. Well, Brandon cheating on me is now my smallest problem, and yet I wonder what pains me more, the bruises or the fact that I'm not enough for my own soulmate?

Alexa smiles sadly as she sits next to me as we both look at her wards.

"Trist talks about you a lot, that you are kind, intelligent, talented. I think you are the first person who gave him full attention and he really cherishes it."

"Julius loves Trist very much, he is just..."

"He is just grumpy all the time, and he loves burring himself in work, and probably the fact that Trist looks almost like the exact copy of Madison doesn't help. The kid is lonely."

"I know what happened between them, Julius told me," I say and Alexa looks at me totally surprised.

"That's unusual, since she left I doubt he said her name even once. I've noticed that Julius also saw you as his family very quickly but that's very unexpected. I thought he would stop eating meat first before he could talk with anybody about Madison."

"And yet you seem to know quite a lot," I say and she visibly gets sadder.

"Julius's younger brother was my best friend so thanks to him I knew a lot about what was happening in Julius's house."

"I didn't know Julius had a brother" I'm very surprised, Julius and I talk a lot and yet he has never mentioned him.

"Luke died ten years ago in a rogue's attack along with Thomas the mate of our Alpha and my father who was one of the warriors, the same incident Julius lost his legs if we can say about it like that and Luke is an even bigger taboo than Madison."

"Why?"

"Because Julius blames himself although it wasn't his fault, but I've already said too much. Maybe it will be better if we change the subject."

For some time she focuses again on the teenagers she has to train to give them additional instruction. After they are busy again I dare to ask:

"How serious was the situation between Fiona and Brandon?"

I know I shouldn't bring the skeletons out of the closet, but I can't avoid it. Brandon and I are supposed to spend our life together, and since it seems that the pack is aware of what is going on I may as well get to the bottom of this.

For some reason, Alexa looks me straight in the eyes:
"I don't know for sure. She has been very in love with him, to the point that she cried for two days when he brought you home. I was so furious because he didn't even bother to call her and personally tell her it was over. My mother found out about it from Preston by accident. But about two weeks after you moved here Brandon came to the packhouse, where we live, and asked for a moment with Fiona. Mum wasn't happy but agreed and they were talking for a long time. Since then Fiona says that she still has feelings for him and just needs more time to move on. And then she wants to be at least his friend since she can't be anything more. What Brandon feels I have no idea I don't talk with him."

"Because you are still pissed off" I finish her sentence understanding her. Once again this situation is Brandon's fault. I slowly start to understand that I know nothing about him, that I blindly chose to trust him because of the bond or maybe because he was so sweet and caring during those weeks in my pack at the beginning.

"Don't worry too much, Brandon and Fiona are just spoiled, they just have to grow up, both of them."

We can't talk anymore because Trist comes shifted and dressed to spend his break with me. For the next two hours, he spars with his colleagues in human form and both Alexa and I are busy giving advice and correcting their stances. I may not have a wolf but I was trained in a wolf's pack so I'm not bad in hand-to-hand combat. My bruised body hurts but I manage to hide it pretty well.

As the training ends and I'm about to take Trist home, the kid keeps talking about everything and nothing, but I don't mind that he keeps making so much fuss. My mating may still be a problem, I have now Terry to worry about but I made Howl Pack my home, I have people here who are friends and family and I will continue to look after them.

Julius POV

Alyssa frowns as she keeps checking my results. I don't like when the hag makes that face, which means that she is surprised and she is hardly ever surprised. She alongside Alexa, Natasha, and Chen is also the only one who knows what happened with my brother because the same happened to her husband and Alexa's and Fiona's father at the same time.

"Julius your results have never been that good in years, and I also checked your legs. As you know for 10 years already the muscles in your legs deteriorated but haven't had any amyotrophy because you maintained the ability to shift. But now it looks like your wolf has finally started slowly healing you since there is no other explanation for this sudden improvement. But I will have to check on you regularly now, we have to be sure."

I squeeze my fist, Drake's mind is still closed and I don't understand what has changed, why so suddenly did he choose to get us better? As I move my wheelchair through the packhouse corridor I spot Natasha contemplating the mural Danny has started to work on. I think he said something about the topic being the allegory of the forest but I'm not good with all these artistic things, I like looking at it and I like looking at Danny working on it.

"Something bothers you?" I ask coming closer and she gives me a stern look, she is pissed off I notice it instantly.

"Chen and I had an argument with Preston, a big one. As you know the annual ceremony of my inauguration as an Alpha is coming and apparently Preston suggested that it's the best occasion to announce his resignation from the Head Warrior position and take it over by Brandon."

I gulp, I understand my uncle's point of view but Brandon just won't do, for sure not now and maybe not ever.

"I told him if he wants to resign I want you to take that position as it should be, you were supposed to be the Beta anyway and it's time to give back you the rightful position."

"Why don't you consider Alexa, she is strong enough to be a Head Warrior?" I ask and she smirks.

"You are so younger than me and yet we always think the same. I have much bigger plans for Alexa, much bigger. But since Preston is blood-related to my late mate he thinks he is entitled to his position. But he doesn't want to accept that he has earned his right to be where he is and Brandon for now hasn't. The inhering of power in my pack is based on achievements, not birthright."

As I get closer to my house I honestly think about taking the Head Warrior position, if Alyssa is right and Drake has already started to heal me.

"Father!" Trist runs in my direction with Danny right behind him and I feel warmth in my chest as my son starts talking about how well he did during his training today and that Danny is a good instructor.

Somehow I don't want to go back to the house so I suggest shifting to Trist and he is so happy about it. We play in our wolf's form in the grass as Danny is sitting nearly busy drawing with a gentle smile on his face. I have no idea how much time has passed I haven't been so relaxed and cheerful in such a long time. But as we shift back to finally go back home I can't shake off the feeling that Danny is ogling me when I get dressed, just like I think he did when I got undressed before the playing. 

Probably my imagination and yet I remember the moment he caressed my scars with his fingers, I would give everything so he could touch me again, anywhere. I on purpose struggle to get into my wheelchair so he has to help me, has to be so close to me and I can inhale his sweet scent.

But as soon as the three of us step inside the house all this calmness and bliss is instantly gone. Both Brandon and my uncle are in the kitchen and just one glance makes it obvious that this won't be a friendly chat.

"Alpha decided to remove me from the Head Warrior position and gave it to you!" my uncle shouts the moment he sees us "It should be Brandon's!"

"Well, maybe he isn't good enough yet, have you considered it? Alpha doesn't have to discuss with you any decision. We pledged loyalty when we accepted her in this position. We accepted that every position in Howl Pack will be based on skills, not bloodline."

"She's a stranger! She wasn't born here, she...!"

"It hasn't bothered you for almost thirty years since she earned her position. Why does it bother you now?"

"It bothers me because I deserve the chance!" Brandon growls and I feel my irritation only getting higher. The spoiled son of the bitch!"

"You will get your chance when you stop making stupid mistakes and show skills for sure you lack now."

My uncle's fist clashes as he screams!

"Don't lie! Don't think I don't know what you are up to! Suddenly you are interested once again in climbing the pack's ladder because you want to secure the position for this foundling, who isn't even yours" he points in the direction of my son and that's when I lose it.

I'm close enough to him to yank him by his shirt and punch him, we both fall to the floor and despite my legs, I'm able to pin him to the floor and start punching him like crazy. Brandon has to struggle to pull me away from his father.

"Get the hell out of my house" I growl feeling my eyes shifting, I wasn't so furious in years. I can feel my uncle's wolf backing because of the dominance mine is spreading.

"Dad you really should go, it was really inappropriate," Brandon says still holding me but I know if I try I will be able to shove him away from me and sink my claws in his father.

He leaves smashing the door and Brandon lets me go.

"Are you cool Julius?"

"Yes, I'm sorry it shouldn't..."

"Don't worry, I'm not happy with Alpha not giving me a chance but my father shouldn't have said that and I'm really sorry because he did it."

I only nod, my teeth still clenched as I look around to see Danny holding my boy tight. No secrets were revealed today, Trist knows he isn't biologically mine but still the sorrow I see on his face makes me want to hunt my uncle down. No one has a right to hurt my boy, no one.

Another chapter is up, please vote and comment :)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

113K 4.2K 30
keaton is adopted by his big sister Luna cassie and her mate alpha kane. there father jude white was abusive towards them but mainly luna cassie as s...
33.9K 1.1K 46
The caged bird sings with a fearful trill, of things unknown, but longed for still. And her tune is heard on the distant hill, for the caged bird sin...
231K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...