Back to the shadows | Dean Wi...

By courtneybunny2

Book two in that back to you series. Read book one, "Back to believing", if you don't none of this is going t... More

Cast & Playlist
Chapter 1: I'll chase you out of the yard with a shotgun
Chapter 2: Like anyone would invite you
Chapter 3: I've always wanted to hunt down pennywise
Chapter 4: What's so weird about evil, invisible, killer clowns
Chapter 5: Damn you, Sam
Chapter 6: You really think you can kill me
Chapter 7: I really don't feel like hiding bodies
Chapter 8: Pretty, living, not dead, plants
Chapter 9: Probably
Chapter 10: We're supposed to be stalking
Chapter 11: I'll just stick with the boring job
Chapter 12: Are you sure
Chapter 13: When we're burning in hell together
Chapter 14: On this segment of I regret my life
Chapter 15: We're already wanted for murder
Chapter 16: I think he does
Chapter 17: We love summoning demons
Chapter 18: Before something bad happens
Chapter 19: Who has time to murder a town full of people
Chapter 20: Get on your side of the road, man
Chapter 21: I wanna blow shit up
Chapter 22: Super scary threat
Chapter 23: Get over it
Chapter 24: I need coffee
Chapter 25: They are
Chapter 26: What now
Chapter 27: But what do I get
Chapter 28: Except that part
Chapter 29: You were smarter than that
Chapter 30: We got a lot of problems
Chapter 32: Maybe there is
Chapter 33: Go do our SpongeBob seance
Chapter 34: You were sadly mistaken
Chapter 35: I never will
Chapter 36: Just kill me
Chapter 37: Quit yelling at each other
Chapter 38: Psychotic break down is always an option
Chapter 39: Its shitty here
Chapter 40: A hell of a lot
Chapter 41: You have no friends
Chapter 42: Here we go
Chapter 43: I don't need help
Chapter 44: We are better than them
Chapter 45: I know the feeling
Chapter 46: Have fun
Chapter 47: Shut up
Chapter 48: Patiently
Chapter 49: Our big break
Chapter 50: Yes we are
Chapter 51: I'd love to
Chapter 52: You got any popcorn
Chapter 53: We've noticed
Chapter 54: Name your price
Chapter 55: The sky
Chapter 56: I can fix it
Chapter 57: I was right
Chapter 58: Bring it on
A/N

Chapter 31: Lets dig up a dead body

554 16 6
By courtneybunny2

House of the Holy 1

Since being wanted by practically everyone in America Dean and Alexis were stuck in a motel room. Sam was the only one allowed out now, which wasn't always bad, but Alexis was going crazy. Of course she and Dean had done almost everything they could do to stay entertained. Including what they were currently doing.

"Dean." Alexis moans, tilting her head back.

"What? Don't 'Dean' me. Its not my fault you're losing."

Alexis groans, rolling her eyes. "I'm done with poker. Its a stupid game."

"You only say that when you lose."

"Shut up." Alexis glares at him. "....One more game?"

~~~

"You can't be mad at me." Dean says.

"Oh, I can and I will." Alexis nods, propping herself up on her elbows to look at Dean, who sat at the table across the room.

"Oh, come on, its not my fault you lost." Dean argues. "And you can't stay mad at me."

"I beg to differ, and you cheated. So, yes, it is your fault I lost."

"Don't be mad at me, sweetheart." Dean smiles at her as he stands up, walking toward her.

Alexis bites back a smile. "No, you can't just smile at me like that and call me sweetheart then expect my anger to vanish. It doesn't work."

"I beg to differ, sweetheart." Dean smirks.

"No." Alexis stands up on the bed. "No. I know what you're thinking and it won't work. And, no, you think all it takes is that stupid smile of yours and everything's okay, and that's not true."

Dean gives her a look as be stops in front of her. "Lex, you're the one that thinks you can smile at me and get away with whatever you want, which, unfortunately, is true. At least I can admit that though. Now, come here."

Alexis crosses her arms over her chest, shaking her head. "I'm good."

"Come here, darlin'."

"Still good."

Dean reaches out, grabbing her thighs and pulling her feet out from under her. Alexis lets out a surprised yelp when her back hits the mattress.

Alexis looks up at Dean, who was now hovering above her. "Manhandle me all you want, I'm still mad at you."

"No, you're not." Dean smiles at her, pressing his lips to her cheek. Then to the corner of her mouth, and finally to her lips. Alexis slips her arms around his neck, returning the kiss.

Dean pulls away slightly. "See? Not mad."

"I hate it when you're right." Alexis murmurs, pressing her lips back to his.

~~~

Alexis rolls her eyes at Dean, who lay on the opposite bed with his earbuds in. He had already stolen what he thought was all of the quarters Alexis had for the massage setting.

She sits up as the door opens and Sam walks in. "Hey." Sam leans against the wall.

"If you're trying to get his attention, you won't." Alexis says. "Trust me." She mutters.

Sam walks to his brother, hitting his leg. "Hey."

"Man, you really gotta try this. There really is magic in the magic fingers."

"Dean, you're enjoying that way to much. Its kinda making me uncomfortable."

"Its making you uncomfortable?" Alexis asks. "You just got here."

"What am I supposed. You got us on lockdown. I'm bored outta my skull." Dean says.

"You think I'm not?" Alexis sits up, looking at him. "I told you what we could do." She mumbles.

"Hey, you two were the bank robbers on the 11:00 news, not me. We can't risk either of you walking into a government facility."

"Hmm." Dean hums. Sam waves a hand, walking off toward the bathroom. "Aww, damn it." Dean exclaims. "That was my last quarter. Lex?"

"No. You took mine when I went to the bathroom." Alexis stands up, leaning toward Dean. "And you blew me off earlier."

"You were the one who said I couldn't keep my hands to myself. I'm proving you wrong."

"You're an idiot. That didn't mean I wanted you to. Why do you have to prove me wrong? Its not like I said it was a bad thing or that I didn't like it. I was messing with you. Now I must torture you." Alexis sets a hand on his thigh, slowly sliding it higher. Dean grabs her hand.

"And I'm messing with you. Now who can't keep their hands to their self?"

"Let's see how long it takes before I break you, huh?"

"Hey." Dean calls out, standing up. "You got any quarters?"

"No." Sam answers.

"So did you get to see that crazy hooker?"

"Yeah. Gloria Sytnik. And I'm not so sure she's crazy."

"But she seriously believes she was touched by an Angel?"

"Yeah. Blinding light, feeling of spiritual ecstasy, the works."

"Sounds like she had a hell of a time." Alexis moves toward the brothers, who were standing by the bathroom doorway.

"I mean, she's living in a locked ward and she's totally at peace." Sam continues.

"Oh, yeah, you're right. Sounds completely sane. What about the dude she stabbed?" Dean asks.

"Uh, Carl Gulley. Said she killed him because he was evil."

"And? Was he?" Alexis questions, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I don't know. I couldn't find any dirt on him. He didn't have a criminal record, he worked at the campus library, had tons of friends. He was a churchgoer." Sam starts walking back toward the beds.

"Hmm." Dean hums. "So then Gloria's just your standard issue wacko. I mean, she wouldn't be the first nut job in history to kill in the name of religion, know what I mean?"

"No, but she's the second in town to murder because an Angel told them to. A little bit odd, don't you think?"

"Odd, yes. Supernatural, maybe. But Angels, I don't think so."

"I don't care. Any excuse to get me outta here." Alexis says.

"Why not?"

"Because there's no such thing, Sam."

Sam scoffs. "Dean, there's 10 times as much lore about angels as there is about anything we've hunted."

"Hey, there's a ton of lore in unicorns too. In fact, I hear they ride on silver moonbeams and they shoot rainbows outta their ass."

"Wait, there's no such thing as unicorns?" Sam sarcastically asks as he sits down on the bed. Alexis laughs a little.

"That's cute. I'm just saying, man, there's some legends you just--you file under bullcrap." Dean sits down across from Sam.

"You should know." Alexis says as she leans against the wall.

"And you got angles on the bullcrap list?"

"Yup."

"Why?"

"Because I've never seen one."

"So what?"

"So I believe in what I can see."

"Dean, you and I have seen things most people couldn't dream about."

"Exactly. With our own eyes. That's hard proof. Okay? But in all this time, I have never seen anything that looks like an angel."

"I've been told I do." Alexis speaks up. "Mostly by drunk men."

"Lex, not helping."

"Not trying to."

"If they existed, don't you think we would've crossed paths with them or at least known someone who crossed paths with them? No. This is a-a demon or a spirit. They find people a few fries short of a happy meal and they trick them into killing these randoms."

"Maybe." Sam murmurs.

"Can we just--? I'm going stir crazy. Hey, let's swing by Gloria's apartment, huh?"

"Yes, that's a great idea. Yes, lets do it." Alexis nods.

"I was just there. Nothing. No sulfur. No EMF."

"Oh, you asshole." Alexis mutters.

"You didn't see any fluffy, white wing feathers?" Dean asks.

Alexis chuckles. "What about a halo? Maybe the angel dropped it on its way to murder someone else."

Sam sighs. "But Gloria did say the angel gave her a sign. Right beside Carl Gulley's doorway."

"Could be something at his house. Its worth checking out." Dean says.

~~~

Alexis closes the car door behind her, glad to be out of that room. Dean sets a hand on the small of her back, leading her around the car and up the stairs of the house.

"Oh, hey, Sam. Think I found it." Dean points to the angel statue on the front porch. "Its a sign from up above." Dean looks through the window before walking back down the stairs. "Well, I think I learned a valuable lesson. Take down your Christmas decorations after New Year's or you might get filleted by a hooker from God. Ha."

"I'm laughing on the inside." Sam stares up at the house.

"Dean, you don't gotta worry about a hooker, I'll fillet you." Alexis nudges his side. Sam opens the gate to the backyard and walks in. Dena and Alexis follow. They come to a stop at the cellar door.

"You know, Gloria said the guy was 'guilty to his deepest foundation'." Sam says.

"You think she literally meant the foundation?" Dean asks.

Sam and Dean pull open the doors. Alexis grabs the flashlight from her pocket, clicking it on as the three walk down the steps and into the basement.

The three wander around, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

"Hey." Sam quietly calls out.

"You got something?" Dean asks, making his way toward his brother.

"What is it?" Alexis kneels down beside him.

"Its a fingernail." Sam says. Dean sighs, grabbing a shovel.

"Lets dig up a dead body." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 386 48
With the apocalypse officially started, Alexis is being pulled in a million different directions. She's trying to avoid both Eden and Eric at all cos...
9.2K 364 14
"Is anything that comes out of your mouth the truth?" "You wouldn't believe me, even if I answered that honestly." • As soon as you learn that the th...
16.8K 742 49
"We're falling apart and I hate it!" I yelled, tears welling up in my eyes. "I want to hate you! I want to hate you for selling your soul to save me...
16K 798 68
"You came back." I whispered, gripping him tight. "You're here." "I'm here." He whispered back, lips brushing my shoulders as his arms wound around m...