I Hate You . . . I Think

By 95shells

First book of The Beaumont Boys Trilogy. Low Riley is your typical girl next door. She has amazing parents an... More

Turquoise and Orange
Coffee and Lizzard
Engines and Lyrics
Parties and Complications
Sobs and Blame
Love and Hate
Crushed Bananas and Chili
Distraction and Seduction
Six Packs and S'mores
Hugs and Jealousy
Homecoming and a Wrench
Kisses and Trees
Confessions and Romeo
Politeness and Cup Cakes
Princesses and Bacon Cheeseburgers
City Lights and Interruptions
Flashing Lights and Lions
Murder and PDA
Pictures and a Bed
Shells and Threats
Sweetheart and Hickeys
Punches and Laundry
Tears and Cookie Dough
Chinese Food and Die Hard
Testosterone and Girl Talk
Mexican Cornbread and Stupid Jocks
Apologies and Ice Cream
Whipped and Proud
Makeups and Breakups
Special Moments and a Tent
The Interrogator and The Deadbeat
Peas and Betsy's Return
Stitches and the Jaws of Life
Horror and Paralyzed
Hours and Days
Scratchy Pillows and Favors
Notes and a Blushing Beauty
Sparkles and Red Lace
Graduation and Falling Hats
Honey Facials and a Small Apartment
ATTENTION

Witches and Dr. Pepper

11.6K 342 42
By 95shells

Hey! So here is my second chapter. I hope that you guys like this story and recommend it to other wattpad users! the song for this chapter is She’s So Mean by Matchbox Twenty.

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter 2: Witches and Dr. Pepper

Seth

I have the world’s worst luck.

The girl with the turquoise streaks is none other than Marlow Riley. Oh course it is. The girl fucking hates me, and I have to say, I don’t like her too much either.We have always been enemies. So of course the girl who I have not been able to think about is Low. I hate my life. I march into the home ec. room fuming. I hate how I always let her get the best of me.

I catch the eye of Sasha who is smiling at me from across the room. We went out with each other a couple of times last year, well we didn’t really go out, we slept together. She’s supermodel skinny and tall and pretty hot. After about three months of our little arrangement, she wanted a commitment and that is where I drew the line. I don’t have girlfriends, I have bed buddies. I know some people may say that I am s player, but I look at it more as expanding my options.

She gives me a little wave with her fingers and pushes her arms together as she does it to try and make her boobs look bigger. I can’t help the smirk that crosses my face. Maybe we could hook up again for a night. Sasha suddenly frowns and glares at me.

What the hell?

“I wouldn’t tap that if I were you. If you do, you’ll probably end up with herpes and every other STD on the planet.” I look down next to me and frown when I see Low.

“Why do you care?” I ask.

“Seth just because I don’t like you does not mean that I want your thing to fall off.”

My mouth drops open as she walks away. I quickly shut it. I sit down on the desk behind me but I don’t take my eyes off of the back of her. I can’t believe that I did not see the resemblance between her and the girl at the bonfire. I watch her as she talks to some of the people in our class. I don’t know why she bugs me so much. Ever since kindergarten she has been able to get under my skin.

But it’s not like I can get away from her. She’s best friends with Vi and is always around. She has come to our family dinners and even some of the lame family reunions that we have every two years.Vi’s family and mine both love her.

God she irritates me.

“She’s smoking.” I look to my side and see Micah staring at Low across the room. I raise my eyebrows and look at my friend as if he has lost his mind.

“What just because you hate her does not mean that I have to. The girl is hot.”

I turn my attention away from my friend and focus on the girl across the class room. 

There is no way that I could ever think of Low as anything but the devil incarnate. I thought that she was hot at the bonfire, but I am now officially blaming it on the alcohol and the moment of insanity that I was experiencing.

“Ahem,” a coughing sound comes from behind me. The whole class is staring at me as I turn to face Mrs. Elliot. “Mr. Ryker, I would greatly appreciate it if you would get the hell off of my desk!” I slide off the table and I can hear people snickering around me.

“Mrs. E, long time no see.” I smile and her eyes narrow. 

“Not enough time in my opinion,” she mumbles.

Mrs. E was my English teacher sophomore year. She looks like a grandma with greying hair, glasses, and a sweater, but she is anything but a sweet old lady. While most teachers treat me as a lost cause, she treats me like the lazy cadet at boot camp.

“Oh come on Mrs. E, you know you missed me.” She scoffs and rolls her eyes.

“Okay,” she says loudly, “seating arrangements.” She pulls a paper out of a drawer in her desk and the whole class groans.

“Come on Mrs. E!” I exclaim. “ I think that we are old enough to pick where we sit.

“You would think that wouldn’t you, but if i let you all choose where you would like to sit, you would all act like monkeys. Now, no arguing about partners because I will not be changing them,” she says sternly. She starts at the front work station and points to each one as she walks through.

“Gold and Taylor, Albany and Burgos, Ryker and Riley . . .”

Oh shit.

I look over at Low who is glaring at me. Damn, if looks could kill.

“Riley and Ryker, stop making googly eyes at each other and sit down!”

Low blushes deep red and sits in her stool at the table. I pull mine close to hers and sit down. I throw my arm around her shoulder.

“We’ll try to keep the googly eyes to a minimum Mrs. E. Won’t we babe?” She gives me a smile that is surprisingly sexy before elbowing me in the ribs. Mrs. E mutters something about baboons and the class is laughing.

Since our town is so small, all the kids in my grade kind of grew up together. Even if we don’t talk to everyone in our grade, we still know each other. So, everyone knows about the rivalry that Low and I have. Mrs. E rolls her eyes and continues shouting out seats before returning to the front of the room.

“Now since partners are going to be doing everything in this class together, we are going to do a breaking the ice activity for a couple of minutes,” she huffs out the sentence like she figures this a waste of time. “You will ask what they did this summer, what they plan to do next year, and what their favorite thing to do is. Go.” She waves her hands and sits down at her desk.

I turn to Low who gets out two pieces of paper. She hands one to me in what I am guessing is an attempt to be nice, weird.

“Okay, so what did you do this summer?” she asks.

“Uh, I worked mostly. Took Hunter and Chase to the beach a couple of times. You?

“Mostly hung out with Vi and I had a job during the summer”

“Really, where?”

She completely ignores me.

“Okay, so what are our plans next year?” I ask.

“College, hopefully the University of Washington You?”

“Donno, find out when it gets to next year.”

She raises her eyebrows at me. “No college?”

This time ignore her and she moves onto the next question. Her eyes narrow and I bet that she thinks I am being rude, but hey, she started it.

“Okay, favorite thing to do?” she asks. “Wait, I think that I can answer this one for you.” She smirks and I have to hold back a groan. The expression on her face is the one that I have come to know as her face before she dishes out her insults. “Flirting incessantly and sleeping with anything that moves. Am I right?”

“Absolutely,” I answer and she smirks.

“And what about you? You like to make your spells and turn kids into toads, showing how much of a bitch . . . I mean a witch you are?”

“It’s my favorite pastime.”

We sit in silence and glare at each other before Mrs. E starts rambling on and on about the rules for this class. I catch Sasha’s eye across the room and she starts licking her lips. Low notices and scoffs at the two of us. I raise my eyebrows and she puts her two hands together before breaking them apart. Okay, is it wrong that I am a little worried now?

The rest of the class passes by quickly. Low does not say another word to me and frankly, I’m relieved. A guy can only take so much bruising to the ego before it actually stings a little. The bell rings and Low stalks out of the room. Whatever. The girl is freaking impossible to understand.

The rest of my classes pass by pretty quickly. At lunch I find Tuckett sitting at a table in the cafeteria with a blonde on his lap this time. Her name is Christy and I think that she is friend’s with Sasha. That says enough about what type of girl she is. Our friends are goofing off around him doing who knows what.

“Hey man,” I say as I sit down.

“What’s up?” he asks.

“Nothing much, what happened to you Saturday night?”

“The brunette was feeling adventurous if you know what I mean.” He winks at me and wiggles his eyebrows. I can’t help but laugh. I know that I’m a player, but Tuckett is worse than me. The guy has no boundaries. Christy frowns at his words but continues to suck on his neck. Man she is desperate. 

Halfway during lunch Sasha comes over and sits on my lap, telling me how much she missed me over the summer. The girl is overly clingy and I am starting to feel a little suffocated.

Behind her head, I can see Vi dragging Low over to where I am sitting. I smirk at her and she glares back. Her focus moves over and she eyes Sasha sitting in my lap and laughs.

“Excuse me, do you have a problem?” Sasha sneers.

“No sweetie,” Low says sarcastically, “but Seth is going to have a problem if he keeps on using the school bike. Right Seth?” she motions to my crotch and I laugh so hard that I spill the Dr. Pepper that I was drinking. 

“Eeeew! Seth!” Sasha squeals, and I swear that someone is scraping nails on a chalkboard somewhere in the school. “You got soda all over me!”

“Hey Sash, just wash it, but remember not to put it in the dryer. We can’t risk it shrinking. Bikinis aren’t allowed at school.” I keep laughing and Sasha glares at me before shifting her focus to Low. 

“Whatever bitch.”

“No honey. Seth and I already established this earlier. It’s witch, not bitch.” I laugh again and Sasha storms off. Low glares after her with a small smirk on her face.

“Well Low, I got to say, I’m loving the streaks,” Tuckett comments. He is talking about her hair, but is looking at her chest. I’ve got to admit, it’s a nice view.

“Hey, man whore, eyes up here,” she tells him and motions to her face. Tuckett grins and shifts his attention over to Vi.

“Hey sweet cheeks,” he lets his eyes roam and I smack him on the back of the head. “What the hell man?” he groans and rubs his skull.

“Keep your eyes off of the cousin,” I warn.

“Hey Tuckett,” Vi mumbles and rolls her eyes. “Um, Seth, my mom wanted to tell you that she can pick Hunter and Chase up from school so that you can go strait to work.”

“Okay, tell her thanks.” She nods and Low and her walk away to their table. I notice that Will, Micah, Parker, and Jackson stare at them as they walk away. Particularly parts that I do not want to think about. “Hey eyes off!”

They all smirk, but keep looking. God, all of my friends are perverts. 

The rest of the day passes pretty quickly. I have gym, calculus, and english with a lot of my friends and I sit next to Low in almost every one. She ignores me and I return the favor.

When the last bell rings, I get in my ancient black Chevy truck and drive over to Arty’s. Arty gave me a job at the shop when I was fifteen. He is a friend of Vi’s dad and knew that I needed a job. I also have a feeling that he has a thing for my mom, but that makes me want to hurl, so I try not to think about it.

“Hey Jason,” I call. He rolls out from underneath the mustang next to the car which I just opened the hood on.

“Hey man.”

Jason is thirty-five and has been working at Arty’s for fourteen years. He taught me everything when I started working here.

“How was your first day of school?” 

“Ugh, just wish that I would graduate already.”

He snickers. “Enjoy your time dude. Next thing you know you’ll have a full time job and will be losing all of your hair.” He rubs the top of his head and grimaces.

“At least Marissa will still love you bald.”

“That she will,” he grins as he thinks about his wife. Marissa drops in every once in a while with dinner for Jason and I if we work late. She is awesome and I know that Jason is head over heels in love with her, but sometimes believing in loving someone that much is hard for me to believe. I mean, look at what happened with my parents.

“Man, you are so whipped.”

He shoots this big stupid grin at me.

“Just wait Seth. It will happen to you one day.” 

I snort at him. “Yeah, the last thing that I want is to settle down with a girl.” I focus my attention back on the engine.

“One day Seth,” Jason mumbles, “Just wait.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 125 66
Seventeen-year-old Rylee Evans just moved back to her hometown of Charlottesville, VA, with her dad and sister after being gone for three years. She'...
615 60 22
Scarlett St James is a nerd. The good girl. She keeps her distance from everyone at school apart from her two best friends Keira and Odin. But she's...
1.9M 47.2K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
1.3K 127 40
Riley Devin is just a sixteen year old girl, she isn't popular, she only has a couple friends, she's a nerd, and she has been getting over her first...