Confessions and Romeo

Thanks to everyone for reading. Please read, recommend, vote, and comment. What do you guys think of Seth and Low so far? The song for this chapter is Colors by Barcelona. Enjoy:) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter 13: Confessions and Romeo

 Low

I am exhausted. I am afraid that at any moment my body will give out on me and I will fall to the floor. Last night when I got home, I couldn’t sleep. I stayed up all night thinking of stupid Seth, along with his stupid amazing kiss. 

My mom asked me what was wrong when she saw my shocked face when I came running into the house and threw the door shut. My dad just stood there with a smug smile on his face. Ugh! It’s all his fault. He was the one who made me go and visit him in the first place.

When I got to school, I tried to avoid him in the parking lot. But seriously, that is a lot harder than it sounds. We are in several classes together and I could feel his eyes on me the entire time. How couldn’t I? His eyes were so clear and bright that I wouldn’t be surprised if he could see through walls.

Home ec. was more worse than normal. Every so often he would brush against me and it was like I was electrified. Ugh! He is so irritating. Plus, he helped in creating my new hatred of waffles. God, I can’t even think of the things now without shivering. 

The rest of the day I focused all of my energy on avoiding Seth. Even during lunch I sat outside on the lawn rather than in the cafeteria with my friends. People looked at me like I was crazy, sitting alone on the grass. God I am pathetic.

Vi asked me what was wrong, but I just ignored her. She kept pestering me all day until she realized that I wan’t going to talk anymore.

After dinner I told my family I was tired and went up to take a shower. I did not really feel like listening to Lizard as she told me all about how a kid named Brian in her class ate glue today and had to go to the nurse’s office for an upset stomach.

So now I am laying on my bed, shuffling through old songs that I don’t want to listen to anymore while trying to find a song that I like.

When I get to Colors by Barcelona, I stop and place my phone down beside the bed. I sigh and close my eyes, trying to clear my mind and make myself relax.

Two seconds later there is a knock on my window. I look over, already preparing to scream bloody murder, but I catch myself before the scream leaves my lips.

Seth is sitting on the other side of the glass with a self satisfied smirk on his face. God I hate it when he does that. . . wait, what the fuck is he doing on my roof?! I jump out of my bed and run over to the window. Carefully, so that I don’t make any noise, I push the window up.

“It is the east,” he says in a low voice, “and Low is the sun.” He raises his hand up to my face and tries to look all dramatic but I can see the smile forming on the edge of his mouth.

“Oh, cut the crap Romeo.” I mumble and roll my eyes. I cross my arms over my chest and glare at Seth. 

“Fine, but I’ve got to say, it would be a lot easier if you did have a balcony for me to stand on.” He stares at me for a minute like he is expecting something. Whatever it is, he is not going to get it. “So, can I come in?”

“What? No! This is my little sister’s room too! I’m not going to let you contaminate it with your Sethness.”

“My Sethness?” he asks amused.

“Yep,” I say and pop the p. Not even bothering to explain. 

“Okay, then come out here.”