Makeups and Breakups

Hey guys! Thank you so much for getting me to over six hundred reads!! I was so happy so thank you! Here’s the next chapter. The song for it is I am Yours by Churchill. 

So here’s the thing. I’m looking for a complete makeover for my book, so if anyone wants to make me a cover or a trailer I will dedicate a chapter of my book to you. Feel free to use whoever you want for the cast. I want to see who everyone sees as the characters. If I like your list, I may even change my own. Just post a link on my profile if you do decide to make one. Thanks so much everybody! Enjoy!  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Chapter 29: Makeups and Breakups

Seth

The swaying motion of my truck as it comes to a stop wakes me up. My body feels as though it weighs about a thousand pounds from exhaustion. My eyes open and focus on the blonde and turquoise hair in my face. What the heck?

I move my face back and my my pulse speeds up when I see Low’s sleeping face right next to mine. Her lips are slightly parted and her eyebrows are scrunched together slightly. I know I shouldn’t, but I can’t help it when my hand reaches up and brushes a little piece of hair out of her face.

“Hey cupid boy,” I turn my attention up to the front seat. Both of the idiots are grinning and Tuckett is taking pictures of us with his phone. Man they’re creepers. “Stop staring and get out of the car,” Vi says.

Both Vi and Tuckett hop out of the truck, grab all of the bags, and run up the porch stairs without another word.

“Low,” I whisper. When she doesn’t stir, I gently shake her arm. She mumbles something, but still does not wake up. Carefully, I ease my body away from hers and open the car door. When I’m out, I turn around and slide my arms behind her knees and around her back. I lift her out of the car bridal style and start to walk up the sidewalk and into the house. In her sleep, Low wraps both of her arms around me and nuzzles the top of her head into the crook of my neck. My heart is practically beating out of my chest right now. This is the first time I have been this close to her in a week and I finally feel relaxed.

I push the door open with my foot and go through the opening. I walk up the stairs to the girls room and pull the covers back before placing Low on her bed. Carefully so I don’t wake her up, I pull the chucks and socks off of her feet and place them on the floor. Once I pull the blankets over her, I head out the door and down stairs.

Vi and Tuckett are in the kitchen, fighting over what to have for dinner when I walk in.

“I want to go to Chuck’s for dinner, they have awesome food,” Tuckett says.

“Okay, but we’re by the beach idiot, so shouldn’t we go out for sea food instead of burgers which we have at home?” 

The arguing goes back and forth for about twenty minutes. Both of them are continuously telling the other to shove it in places I would rather not say because it is awkward enough that one of them is my cousin.

“Guys!” All three of us turn to the doorway to see Low glaring at us with her hair sticking up and a blanket around her shoulders. “Will you shut the hell up and just order pizza?!”

Vi and Tuckett both look at each other and then move around the kitchen to try and find the phone book. Man, I should have tried that a while ago. 

Low comes over to the kitchen table and collapses on the seat next to me. She crosses her arms and lays her head down, turning her head to face me. Her makeup is smeared under her eyes and I’m pretty sure her hair is not meant to be sticking up the way it is, but she still looks beautiful.