Tears and Cookie Dough

Hey guys! Thank you so much for all of the reads. You guys are awesome. Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. I was out of town and had no access to the internet. Weird, right? So here is the next chapter. This is kind of a transition chapter about Vi. Don’t worry, the next chapter is going to be all about Seth and Low, so stick with me:) Okay, so the song for this chapter is All Night Doctors by Bush. If you listen closely to the lyrics, you will see that it has a lot to do with Vi and Tuckett’s situation. Read, vote, and comment. Enjoy!!!  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Chapter 23: Tears and Cookie Dough

Low

I’ve been looking around the party for Vi for the last half an hour, but it’s hard to look for your best friend when your boyfriend is trailing his lips up and down your neck. He’s been kissing my neck so much that he hasn’t even had anything to drink yet. No doubt it’s a new record for Seth.

I force myself to focus enough and look around the room once again. I don’t see her, but my eyes land on Tuckett who is sitting in the corner of the room downing a whole bottle of vodka. God, what the hell is wrong with him? I reach for my phone to try and text her, but I can’t find it. Right, it’s in my jacket which is in the closet hallway. I get up to leave, but am quickly pulled back onto Seth’s lap. 

“Where do you think you’re going?” he growls playfully. Goosebumps pop up all over the surface on my skin at the sound of his voice.

“I need to get my jacket,” I tell him.  He frowns and I quickly kiss his cheek. “I’ll be right back caveman. You can relax.” I quickly hop off his lap and weave my way through the people in the house. I open the closet and grab my jacket. After fishing my phone out of the pocket and turning it on, my heart drops.

I have fifteen missed calls from Vi. Oh God, what if something horrible happened to her. I quickly push her number and pace back and forth, waiting for her to answer. Finally sobs come over one the line. Oh no.

“Vi! VI! Where are you?”

I manage to make out the word bathroom and fly through the house. When I reach the hallway there are a couple of girls waiting outside the bathroom. I cut in front of all of them, earning myself some evil glares. I knock on the door.

“Vi, it’s me. Open up.”

I hear the lock click and quickly go into the room, and what I see breaks my heart.

Vi is sitting on the toilet lid with her knees pulled up to her chest. Her face is buried into her knee caps and her shoulders are shaking from crying. I walk over to my friend and hug her. Her crying starts to slow and she relaxes slightly.

After about five minutes Vi finally looks up at me. Her eyes are puffy and she has mascara running down her cheeks. I grab some toilet paper and hand it to her. She tries to give me a reassuring smile, but it barely makes her lips move upward at all.

“Let’s go.”

I help my friend stand up and wrap my arm around her shoulder. She crosses her arms and curls in on herself. Okay, this is definitely not the loud and obnoxious Vi that I know and love. 

We exit the bathroom and several girls are standing there seething.

“What the hell took you so long?” 

When I notice the girl is Sasha, i flip her off and start to walk to the kitchen with Vi. Once we step through the doorway her eyes widen and she quickly shakes her head.