Distraction and Seduction

Here’s the next chapter. The song for this one is Ain’t Messin ‘Round by Gary Clark Jr. Please recommend, read, comment, or vote! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter 8: Distraction and Seduction

Seth

I should have known that Low would come up with Vi this weekend, she always used to when we were younger, but this time I really hoped that she wouldn’t. Fuck, I swear that my emotions like messing with my brain because why else would they be torturing me by being so fucking confusing.

I am standing by the bottom of the stairs staring at her like a fricking idiot.

My brothers both run up to her and give her a hug. They have always loved Low and I know that they are happy to see her. They grew up with her and Vi teasing them all the time. They love all of the extra attention. Tuckett walks up to the girls next and when he gives Low a hug, I want to punch my best friend in the face. I glance down to see that my hands are curled tightly into fists. I peel my fingers away one at a time and take a deep breath. 

When I look back up Low is staring at Tuckett’s back as he walks to the table. I feel a moment of anger hit me but when I see Vi’s pink face I realize that he must have done something to turn my cousin that color. I know that I should go up to him and give him his daily head smack so that he knows to keep his hands off of my cousin, but my eyes lock onto a small blonde.

I can’t help but stare at Low. Her honey brown eyes look golden and almost match her hair that is up in a messy bun at the top of her head, allowing a larger amount of the turquoise streaks to show. She has on worn jeans, her chucks, and a white t-shirt that says ‘My jeep kicks your truck’s trunk.’ I am not sure if that is a weird coincidence or what, but the shirt is pretty funny.

A crash causes Low to break our stare. I shake my head and run my hands through my hair restlessly, making it stand up more than it already is. She looks back at me and I force myself to move. I walk close to her so that I can smell her vanilla scent before walking over to the table. I sit down beside Tuckett who is sitting on the same side of the table as my cousin except they are sitting at opposite ends, completely ignoring each other. Tuckett is smirking and Vi looks a little shaken up by whatever happened between them. They are so weird. 

Out of the corner of my eye I watch as Low makes her way to the chair in between Vi and I. When she sits down her hip brushes against my forearm and I have to clamp my teeth together so that I do not let the moan that is building in my throat to come out.

Throughout the whole dinner, I am painfully aware of how close Low is to me. Her arm brushes mine whenever she takes a bite and I am considering chopping my arm off so that I don’t have to be tortures anymore. Thankfully it is soon over when Chase falls asleep at the table. I have never been so grateful for that kid in my entire life.

We all make our way to the stairs, and don’t ask me why I did it, but I grab Low’s bag for her. Just to make sure that I don’t look like a total idiot, I take Vi’s bag too. When we get upstairs Vi disappears to who knows where, leaving Low and I alone when I go into their room to drop off the bags. She walks into the room and then turns around to face me.

“Um, so . . . um . . . where can I . . . .” i stutter because I am such an idiot that I cannot get any sensible words out. When have I ever become tongue tied around a girl? Never! And now Low has me stumbling over my words like a bumbling idiot. Something is seriously wrong with me.

I motion to her bag that I am holding. She points to the two twin sized beds in the room. Once I place them down, I turn around only to once again be caught staring into her eyes. We both stay like that until Vi comes into the room, breaking us apart.