Sparkles and Red Lace

So this week has been amazing. There is a new J.K. Rowling movie coming out, Shelly Crane is writing a new Significance book, and the Rookie Blue finale BLEW MY MIND!!!! Thank you to everyone who liked and commented on my story. I really appreciate it. After this chapter there is only one more before the Epilogue. I am going to try and have them up soon, so keep an eye out. There are actually two songs for this chapter. The first one is Angel in Disguise by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and One Day by Trading Yesterday. Please read, vote, recommend, or comment. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Chapter 38: Prom and Red Lace

Low

“I’m so excited!”

I can’t help but laugh at Vi as she bounces up and down through the mall. Her arm is locked through mine and is shaking me back and forth from her movement. People stare at us in confusion, but I am barely paying attention. My eyes are concentrated on the windows of the stores, trying to look for the dress for prom. 

Vi drags me into one of the stores on my left that has an entire display of dresses. We gather up several options and head to the dressing rooms. We both change into dresses and then come out of the rooms to show each other. The pink 80’s disaster I am wearing and the hooker’s length dress Vi has on makes both of us burst out into laughter. We both don’t find anything in that store and move onto the next one. 

I zip up the back of my dress and come out of the dressing room. Vi is standing in front of the mirror in a shiny silver dress that drapes perfectly over her small frame. The sparkle in the dress complements her pink hair and makes her look extremely elegant.

“If you don’t get that dress, I might murder you,” I say.

She laughs and twirls around. The lights in the room reflect off of the sparkles and makes her shine. 

“I do really like it,” she says. 

“It’s perfect for you.” She smiles at her reflection in the mirror and then turns her attention onto me. Her faces scrunches up and I know exactly what she is thinking. I had the same face when I tried on the dress. It is nice, but it is not ‘the one.’ She lets out a sigh and rolls her eyes. Suddenly her body stiffens and a grin breaks out on her face. 

“What?” I make the move to turn around and see what she is looking at, but Vi shrieks and covers my eyes with her hands. 

“Go back in your dressing room!” she exclaims. She shoves me in the room and disappears back out into the store. I am waiting for thirty seconds before a dress is hung over the door. I pull it off of the hanger and quickly slide it on with out looking in the mirror. When I have it slid on and the zipper zipped up, I turn to look at myself in the mirror. My jaw drops and my breath escapes my lungs.

The base of the dress is a nude color which matches my pale skin perfectly. Over the nude base is a maroon lace layer that covers the entire dress. The neckline of the dress is high but when I turn around I feel my jaw drop. The back dips into a low oval that meets the bottom of my back. The dress clings to my shape and gives me more curves than I normally have. The sleeveless dress is amazing.

“Get out here!” Vi squeals.

I unlock the dressing room door and exit the room. When Vi sees my dress she starts shrieking louder than normal. 

“That’s it! That’s it! That’s it!” she says excitedly. My mouth splits into a wide grin and know that she is right. 

We both pay for the dresses and head out of the mall toward the car. I carefully lay my dress along the backseat of Vi’s car and hop into the passenger seat. Halfway over to my house, Vi turns to me with a gigantic smile on her face.