Coffee and Lizzard

So here is the first chapter!!! The song is How You Like Me Now. Remember to vote and comment. When I reach ten views I will post the next chapter!!!! Here we go! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter 1: Coffee and Lizard

Low

What the hell is that noise?

I let one eye open and find myself staring at the 7:00 flashing in front of me. The stupid, beep, beep, beep is going off. My eyes raise to the Hello Kitty smiling at me from the top of the clock. 

Damn cat. What does it have to be so happy about? Especially this early in the morning. I swear the producers of the clock only made it so that they can piss me off.

I slam my palm down on the cat’s head and the thing shuts up, thank god. I pull the comforter back over my head and try to go back to sleep. I feel warm and relaxed covered in my blankets. I let out several deep breaths and my whole body relaxes.

Thirty seconds later, my bedroom door slams open and an extra fifty pounds lands on my stomach. The weight disappears and reappears over and over again as the fifty pounds bounces on my stomach.

“First day of school! First day of school! Come on Low, wake up!” a little high pitched voice yells. God she has seen Finding Nemo one too many times. My cover disappears from over my head. Blonde waves and honey brown eyes cloud my vision. “Come on Low! Mommy said to get you up!” Lexie whines.

My little sister could be my twin if she is not eleven years younger than me. We have the same eyes, same pale skin, same button nose, and same hair. The only difference are the new turquoise streaks that I have in my hair while hers remains purely golden.

Lexie, or Lizard as I call her, is what my parents call an “accidental miracle.” After complications when I was born, my mom was told that she would not to be able to have any more kids. Then seven years ago my mom was getting sick all the time, so she went to the doctor. My dad was worried that she had something extremely serious. Let’s just say that when my mom came home and told him that she was pregnant, he was ecstatic. I was so happy because I had always wanted a little sibling, but now, I just want to go back to sleep.

“Lizard, why are you waking me up so early?” I moan. “Go back to sleep. I don’t have enough energy for you yet.”

“It’s the first day of school, remember? Mommy said to wake you up that she could take pictures of her new first grader and senord.”

“It’s senior Lizard.”

“Seeeniooorrrr,” she sounds out.

Shit.

I totally forgot that today is the first day of senior year. That fact is enough to scare the crap out of me and make me want to bury myself in my covers. Don’t get me wrong, school is fine and I have friends, but why does it have to be so damn early in the morning.

“Come on! Get up, get up, get up!” she sings.

“Okay, fine. Tell Mom I’ll be down in a minute, okay?”

She jumps off of me and races down the stairs without another word. screaming “Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!” at the top of her lungs. Okay, definitely going to have to ban that movie for a while.

I swing my legs over the edge of my twin sized bed and get up to walk toward the bathroom when I jam my toe on something.

“Oh my god!” I hiss. I sit on the edge of the bed and put pressure on my toe to try and make it stop throbbing. Flipping Barbie dream house almost broke my toe. Ah, the joys of sharing a room with a six year old. I hobble over to the bathroom and shower, brush my hair, brush my teeth, and apply a little mascara before heading over to my closet.