His Phantom

By hope_373

This is a Taekook Fanfiction. _____ Is it possible to get homesick for people too? Because that is exactly... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1: Proud.
Chapter 2: Plot Twist.
Chapter 3: Eye Contact.
Chapter 4: The Chase.
Chapter 5: Just the beginning.
Chapter 6: The date.
Chapter 7: Too good to be true.
Chapter 9: His thoughts.
Chapter 10: Living with him.
Chapter 11: Stuck.
Chapter 12: New Friend?
Chapter 13: First day.
Chapter 14: Boyfriend?
Chapter 15: Break.
Chapter 16: Home Alone?
Chapter 17: The Warlock.
Chapter 18: Little devil.
Chapter 19: Convinced.
Chapter 20: The Nightmare.
Chapter 21: The V.
Chapter 22: Calm him down.
Chapter 23: Helpless.
Chapter 24: Official.
Chapter 25: I hate cops!
Chapter 26 : Snooping.
Chapter 27: Poof, gone!
Chapter 28: The Seducer.
Chapter 29: Oops.
Chapter 30: Under the Influence.
Chapter 31: Angry bunny.
Chapter 32: Forgiven.
Chapter 33: In between.
Chapter 34: Anger.
Chapter 35: The real nightmare.
Chapter 36: Empath, Telepath.
Chapter 37: Date again.
Chapter 38: Wrong move?
Chapter 39: Angry Mr. Kim.
Chapter 40: Sorted.
Chapter 41: Trust.
Chapter 42: Sick.
Chapter 43: Had enough.
Chapter 44: Oblivion.
Chapter 45: Purple.
Chapter 46: Selfish.
Chapter 47: Memories.
Chapter 48: Flashback.
Chapter 49: Mr. Grumpy Pants.
Chapter 50: Who's scarier?
Chapter 51: Anger Galore.
Chapter 52: He's fine.
Chapter 53: No joke.
Chapter 54: Like a Petal.
Chapter 55: The Plan.
Chapter 56: The attack.
Chapter 57: Grandma Jeon.
Chapter 58: The Theif.
Chapter 59: The hero.
Chapter 60: Hot boyfriend.
Chapter 61: Coax him.
Chapter 62: The party.
Chapter 63: The Confession.
Chapter 64: Broken promises.
Chapter 65: Stubborn.
Chapter 66: Kidnapped?
Chapter 67: I feel him.
Chapter 68: Where is he?
Chapter 69: He's got this.
Chapter 70: Out of hands.
Chapter 71: I dare you.
Chapter 72: Only a dream.
Chapter 73: In his arms.
Chapter 74: The bad news.
Chapter 75: The lie.
Chapter 76: The betrayal.
Chapter 77: Looking for someone?
Chapter 78: The taste of betrayal.
Chapter 79: Was it justice?
Chapter 80: Worth it.
Chapter 81: The secret room.
Chapter 82: Awoken.
Chapter 83: Who's sulkier?
Chapter 84: Discharged.
Chapter 85: His turn.
Chapter 86: The gift.
Chapter 87: The party of doom.
Chapter 88: The real CEO.
Chapter 89: Back to work.
Chapter 90: Epilogue.
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
New Book!
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter 6
Bonus Chapter 7
Bonus Chapter 8
Bonus Chapter 9
Bonus Chapter 10
Bonus Chapter 11

Chapter 8 : Messed up.

5.1K 422 174
By hope_373

"How many times do i have to tell you huh? Stop thinking about it. He betrayed you! End of story. We have to think about what to do now! Not about what has already happened." Daniel said grunting as he looked at his best friend who was sprawled over the bed looking lifeless with those big dark circles.

It wasn't a new sight to him, but the image of Jungkook crying in front of him wasn't leaving his mind. He wanted to find that Taehyung guy and strangle him.

Jungkook never cries no matter what happens, and that guy just comes and has the audacity to make his best friend cry. Now that's fucked up.

"But he was so gentle with me. I swear even if I didn't use it on him, i knew he didn't have any bad intentions for me Scooby." Jungkook whispered, his voice broken and eyes closed.

Anyone would think he is heart broken, but no, he was just gathering himself, pulling himself together, giving himself the much needed time to process everything that just happened with him in the past two days.

Daniel groaned in annoyance, why is it so hard to make Jungkook understand?,
"Kook don't you get it? Don't you see that file on the table there? It says he has been wanted for the past 10 years! You hear me? 10 fucking years! For the murder of his own parents! Like that's sick. We have to catch him dude." Daniel said again trying to reason.

"I know Scooby." Jungkook whispered, his voice hesitant.

Daniel sighed and went over to sit besides Jungkook. He caressed his hair and tried to smile,
"Am not trying to force you Kook, take your time and tell me what to do okay? Besides we already know where he lives, i checked it myself. He did actually live above that club we visited, just with a different name. I still don't get why he told you his real name."

Jungkook's eyes met him,
"That's exactly what I can't figure out! He knows for a fact i can arrest him, I am a cop god damn it! He has a whole different identity yet he decided to tell me his actual one! What does he want? Why didn't he lie like he has been all these years? Why me? Why now?" His eyes almost watered but he closed them, not wanting to cry again.

Too much crying for now.

"You know, i know you say you don't want to use it, but you could do it on him." Daniel said his voice was a bit low, scared of Jungkook's reaction.

"No, I won't use it again. Ever! Don't say that again." Jungkook said and went inside the covers again.

With a sigh Daniel stood up,
"I'll come back okay? Take some rest. I'll handle everyone at the station. They were worried a bit but i am good with excuses so, I'll handle them."

Jungkook just hummed as Daniel left. He needed to figure out what to do and he needed to do that soon, because Taehyung was constantly texting him, asking him to meet and he didn't know what to reply.

There was nothing he wanted more than to just forget yesterday and run into Taehyung's arms. But we don't always get what we want now do we? And Jungkook knows that too well.

_______

"How much more time do you need Mr. Police Officer?" Daehyun yelled at Jungkook's face who just stood there besides the chair Daehyun was sitting at.

Jungkook didn't have any intention to go out of his apartment, but his uncle had called and he could never ignore his uncle.

Namjoon and Jin weren't home.

"I am trying my best uncle. But i am just a police officer, I can't do what your lawyer does." Jungkook replied back, his voice was normal but he was annoyed, annoyed at himself for not being able to do anything and annoyed at his uncle for not understanding him.

"Oh so you're gonna talk back now huh?" Daehyun yelled at Jungkook who shook his head immediately at the accusation.

Daehyun has been pissed about the fact that he was caught up in the case. He had his connections that's why he was able to not get arrested.

But the police as well as the reporters have been constantly troubling him and he just wanted an out of all of this.

If only he could get his hands on the person behind his situation.

Jungkook was genuinely hurt. He had been doing almost everything he could from the past few days to get his Uncle the security he needs, because that's his job and thats all he can do.

He didn't understand how his uncle didn't get arrested but he knows his uncle has connections so he didn't ask much, besides he was happy about it.

But what his uncle doesn't get is that only lawyers are supposed to get you bails, not police officers.

Daehyun marched towards Jungkook and held his arm in a bruising hold who didn't dare make a sound,
"I don't get what you need to do, get your annoying colleagues off my back. And get me my bail papers!" Daehyun said, he knows its not Jungkook's job but his lawyer wasn't helping him much either.

Jungkook closed his eyes at his Uncle's words, he so wanted to tell his uncle not to talk about his colleagues that way, but his uncle would think he is talking back again, so he didn't say anything.

"Uncle please understand, if you are innocent you don't have to worry about anything. Even if you do get arrested, the truth always comes out right?" Jungkook said softly and tried to put some sense into his Uncle.

Daehyun got even more mad at that, but he couldn't say anything because he was infact not innocent at all.

He picked up the glass of whiskey he was having and threw it right besides Jungkook's head at the wall who flinched at it,
"Is this how you'll repay me after all these years? Is this why i made you into this great man huh? What's the point of you being a police officer when you can't even help your uncle out! Bloody useless." Daehyun cursed out loud and stormed to him room.

Jungkook was just standing there not even trying to wipe the blood that trickled down his forehead because of the glass piece that scraped the skin there.

He was just shocked at the amount of change his uncle had gone through since he came back. His uncle wasn't like this? Was he?

Why was his uncle so mad at him? He really did try his best when he wasn't in his right state of mind himself.

Despite all that he felt the tinge of disappointment for his uncle. His uncle never tries to understand his point of view. Just believes whatever he wants to.

Just gives him what he believes Jungkook needs and tries to show it to him what he did. But not once has Jungkook ever thought of it in the wrong way.

Jungkook always told himself that its fine and not to take his Uncle's words to heart because if his uncle didn't care then why would he take care of his education and other necessities all these years?

Right he does care Jungkook he's just stressed.

With that thought in mind, he left his uncle's house to his own apartment to deal with his own problems.

________

"What happened to your forehead?" Was the first thing he was asked as he sat down in front of Taehyung at the cafe they had first met.

Jungkook frowned at the sudden change in Taehyung's expressions, he was literally looking the happiest person a few seconds ago and now he has a not so pleased look on.

It's actually funny when Jungkook himself had forgotten about the wound the second he showered yet, and one look at it changed Taehyung's entire expressions.

As usual Taehyung looked amazing unlike Jungkook who he thinks looked like an absolute mess.

He just stared at Taehyung's face when he said that, seeing all the creases of worry.

Before he could reply Taehyung was already standing besides him, pushing his hair back with soft hands and looking at the wound with deep worried eyes.

"Why didn't you cover it Koo? What if it got infected? Wait just give me a minute I'll come back." Taehyung kept talking while looking at the wound and then just went out of the cafe.

Jungkook was just staring at his worried face until he left thinking if its all an act!

But it feels too real to be an act.

He was just thinking about everything when within a minute Taehyung was inside the cafe and standing besides him again, he had a bag of a medical store in his hand which he kept on the table.

Jungkook watched with blank eyes as Taehyung pulled out the rubbing alcohol and with the cotton dab started dabbing the wound with it.

Jungkook didn't feel a thing, but he was surprised at the hiss that left Taehyung's mouth while treating him.

He was the one that was hurt right?

Taehyung blowed over the wound and then looked at it for a second before putting the things aside and picking up the big bandaid from the bag.

He then again with the most gentle action put the bandaid over the cut on his forehead. And lightly dabbed the sides to make sure it stays.

"I sometimes hate your job." Taehyung mumbled under his breath while doing his work but it was loud enough for Jungkook's ear to catch. Jungkook would have laughed at that remark at any other point but right now he was not in the right state.

Taehyung then himself pulled out a chair and sat besides Jungkook himself. Jungkook looked down at his hands which were now held by Taehyung's, the warmth started flowing almost immediately.

Feels too good.

"Why can't you take care of yourself you little bunny? You make me too worried." Taehyung exclaimed looking at Jungkook with his deep amber eyes, which again showed too much without Jungkook even looking into them.

"Sorry." Jungkook had no idea why he said that, all he knew was he felt like he owed an apology for it.

His heart was paining like hell when he had made the decision before coming here.

He was here to arrest Taehyung but all the care, those soft touches and those soft eyes were just making it worse for him to do it, just making his heart hurt more.

Why does it feel so wrong?

Taehyung leaned towards Jungkook and pressed a very light kiss over the bandaid,
"I don't want the apology Koo, just take care of yourself when am not around okay?" Taehyung said making Jungkook swallow back a groan.

Why do you have be so good? Stop just stop!

Jungkook just nodded and Taehyung then ordered him his banana milk,
"Anything else your highness?" Taehyung asked him when his banana milk was placed on the table along with his own strawberry milk.

Jungkook just shook his head and drank his banana milk in silence.

"Why didn't you reply to my texts Koo? I was missing you!" Taehyung said drinking his own strawberry milk.

"I am sorry if i am being too nosy! I just missed you so much." Taehyung talked to himself with a slight pout, while looking at his milkshake.

Jungkook just kept staring at him, fighting the turmoil inside him, that was begging him not to do it.

"It's okay." Jungkook said in a low voice, his eyes still blank and not meeting Taehyung's.

"Are you sure? So i can be nosy?" Taehyung said chuckling at his own words and Jungkook, he didn't even realise the faint smile that came across his own face.

It's time Jungkook, get it over with!

Jungkook moved the straw inside his banana milk preparing himself for what he was about to do.

"Well, aren't you gonna do it?" The voice asked from besides him and he looked up with those blank eyes to see that Taehyung had a completely different face right now. He looked serious.

"Do what?" Jungkook asked meekly. He honestly didn't have any energy left inside him, to carry on anymore. He was tired.

"Come on Koo, i know you're here to arrest me, go ahead do it." Those words left Taehyung's mouth and the whole world fell silent as his own eyes went wide.

But Taehyung was just looking at him with a smile that looked like he was in pain.

"Do it baby. Its okay."

________

To understand another person,
you must swim in the same waters,
that drowned them...
~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

692K 29.1K 53
innocent naive kookie 🐰 not innocent taehyung 🐯 ********************************************************* Jungkook has been locked out of the rea...
333K 18.5K 56
(completed)✅ "I love you "--Taehyung "No you can't ... Don't waste your time on me cause I'm already dead "-- Jungkook ____________ Jeon Jungkook , h...
177K 13.1K 43
"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you. But I just want to be your friend." "Do you think I don't see the heart eyes you make everytime you look at me? You...
1.7M 103K 65
"Are you sure you can manage to protect me? You seem to really hate me." "I do hate you, your highness. But don't let that worry your royal head. Res...