Back to the shadows | Dean Wi...

By courtneybunny2

Book two in that back to you series. Read book one, "Back to believing", if you don't none of this is going t... More

Cast & Playlist
Chapter 1: I'll chase you out of the yard with a shotgun
Chapter 2: Like anyone would invite you
Chapter 3: I've always wanted to hunt down pennywise
Chapter 4: What's so weird about evil, invisible, killer clowns
Chapter 5: Damn you, Sam
Chapter 6: You really think you can kill me
Chapter 7: I really don't feel like hiding bodies
Chapter 8: Pretty, living, not dead, plants
Chapter 9: Probably
Chapter 10: We're supposed to be stalking
Chapter 11: I'll just stick with the boring job
Chapter 12: Are you sure
Chapter 13: When we're burning in hell together
Chapter 14: On this segment of I regret my life
Chapter 15: We're already wanted for murder
Chapter 16: I think he does
Chapter 17: We love summoning demons
Chapter 18: Before something bad happens
Chapter 19: Who has time to murder a town full of people
Chapter 20: Get on your side of the road, man
Chapter 21: I wanna blow shit up
Chapter 22: Super scary threat
Chapter 23: Get over it
Chapter 24: I need coffee
Chapter 25: They are
Chapter 26: What now
Chapter 28: Except that part
Chapter 29: You were smarter than that
Chapter 30: We got a lot of problems
Chapter 31: Lets dig up a dead body
Chapter 32: Maybe there is
Chapter 33: Go do our SpongeBob seance
Chapter 34: You were sadly mistaken
Chapter 35: I never will
Chapter 36: Just kill me
Chapter 37: Quit yelling at each other
Chapter 38: Psychotic break down is always an option
Chapter 39: Its shitty here
Chapter 40: A hell of a lot
Chapter 41: You have no friends
Chapter 42: Here we go
Chapter 43: I don't need help
Chapter 44: We are better than them
Chapter 45: I know the feeling
Chapter 46: Have fun
Chapter 47: Shut up
Chapter 48: Patiently
Chapter 49: Our big break
Chapter 50: Yes we are
Chapter 51: I'd love to
Chapter 52: You got any popcorn
Chapter 53: We've noticed
Chapter 54: Name your price
Chapter 55: The sky
Chapter 56: I can fix it
Chapter 57: I was right
Chapter 58: Bring it on
A/N

Chapter 27: But what do I get

621 16 8
By courtneybunny2

Playthings 3

Dean and Alexis walk into the hotel room. Sam groans from his spot in the bathroom.

"How ya feeling, Sammy?" Dean laughs, taking of his coat. "I guess mixing whiskey and Jager wasn't such a gangbuster idea, was it? I'll bet you don't remember a thing from last night, do you?"

Sam groans. "I can still taste the tequila."

Alexis laughs, sitting on her knees on the bed as Dean nods his head, relief flooding his feature.

"You know there's a really good hangover remedy. Its, uh, greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray." Dean says.

"Oh, I hate you." Sam moans.

"I know you do. Hey, turns out when Grandma Rose was a tyke she had a Creole nanny who wore a hoodoo necklace. Ugh." Dean leans against the doorway to the bathroom where Sam sat on the floor.

"So you think she taught Rose hoodoo?" Sam asks.

"Yes, we do." Alexis calls out.

"Alright." Sam stands up. "I think its time we talked to Rose."

"You need to brush your teeth first." Dean says.

~~~

Sam knocks on the door. "Hello? Susan?" After a few seconds of silence Sam asks, "Clear?"

"Mm-hm." Dean hums, glancing down the hall.

Sam picks the lock, opens the door and walks in, Dean following behind him.

"Oh no, I'm not going back in there." Alexis doesn't move from the doorway.

"Why? The dolls gonna try to kill you?" Dean glances back at her, he was joking with her.

"They have before, and they will again." She crosses her arms over her chest.

"Come on, we don't have time for this." Sam rolls his eyes from across the room.

Dean walks back to Alexis. "I won't let 'em kill you. I'll protect you." He sets an arm around her shoulder. "Who else would aggravate the crap outta me if you were gone?"

He meant it. He would do everything in his power to keep her safe. He knew she could protect herself, and she didn't need someone to make sure she was okay. But he still planned on always being there to make sure no harm came to her. It didn't matter what it was, he would be there. It could be the biggest, baddest demon or the smallest spider, Dean would be there.

Alexis rolls her eyes, letting Dean guide her in the room. "God, I hate those things." She glares at the shelf full of dolls.

"They won't hurt you." Dean tells her as they walk toward the attic door. He wouldn't let them.

Dean slowly opens the attic door, making his way up the steps. Sam and Alexis follow. The reach the top and a door was slightly open.

Dean pushes open the door. A woman sat in a wheelchair, starring out the window as it rained.

"Mrs. Thompson?" Sam calls out. "Mrs. Thompson?"

"Rose?" Dean asks as the three kneel in front of her.

"Hi, Mrs. Thompson, we're not here to hurt you, its okay." Sam shakes his head.

Alexis furrows her eyebrows. "Rose?"

Rose grunts softly, her eyes darting between the three. Sam nods towards the door.

"This woman's had a stroke." Sam whispers.

"Yeah, but hoodoo's hands on. You gotta mix herbs and chant, build an altar." Dean glances back at the poor old woman.

"So its not her. Hell, that means it might not even be hoodoo."

"You know, she could be faking." Dean says.

"Yeah, what do you wanna do, poke her with a stick?" Sam asks. Dean nods his head slightly. "Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick."

Alexis chuckles, crossing her arms over her chest.

"What the hell?" Susan's voice comes form the doorway. "What are you doing in here?"

"Theo door was--" Dean starts.

"We just wanted to asks Rose--" Sam shakes his head.

"We heard a noise, wanted to--" Alexis shrugs as the three all try to make excuses at the same time.

"She scared out of her wits." Susan leans down to her mother. "I want you out of my hotel in two minutes or I'm calling the cops."

"Consider me already gone." Alexis was already backing toward the door.

~~~

Sam tackles Susan to the ground and out of the way of the car that was moving toward her. It crashes into the tree as Dean and Alexis help Sam and Susan off the ground.

"Come on, come on, lets get inside. Lets go. Come on." Dean urges.

~~~

"Whiskey." Susan says as they walk into the bar room.

"Sure. I know the feeling." Sam moves to the bar as Susan sits down at the table.

"What the hell happened out there?" She asks.

"A ghost tried to kill you." Alexis shrugs. Dean gives her a look. "What?" She asks.

"The truth is, at first we thought it was a hoodoo curse. But that out there." Dean points out the window. "That was definitely a spirit. Like Lexi said."

"Here." Sam sets the glass down in front if her.

"You're insane." Susan looks up at Dean and Alexis.

"Its been said." Dean shrugs.

"Yeah, A lot. Its a regular thing for us." Alexis smiles.

"I'm sorry, we don't exactly have time to ease you into this." Sam starts. "But we need to know she your mother has the stroke."

Susan looks up at them, tears streaming down her face. "W-what's that have to do with--?"

"Answer the question."

"Uh, about a month ago."

"Right before the killings began. See?" Sam looks at Dean and Alexis. "So what of Rose was working hoodoo but not to hurt anyone, to protect them?"

"She was using the five spot urns to ward off the spirit." Dean adds.

"Exactly, but then she had the stroke and couldn't." Alexis nods.

"I don't believe this." Susan shakes her head.

"Listen, sister, that car didn't try to run you down by itself, okay?" Dean looks at her. "I mean, I guess it did, technically, but the spirit can--Forget it."

Alexis lightly hits his shoulder.

Sam sits down across from Susan. "Believe what you want, but you and your family are in danger. Alright. So you need to clear everybody out. Your employees, your mother, your daughters, everyone."

"Um, I only have one daughter." Susan glances between the three.

"Only one?" Alexis asks.

"Doesn't Tyler have a sister named Maggie?" Dean asks.

"Maggie's imaginary."

"Where's Tyler?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, I don't think she's imaginary." Alexis says.

~~~

"Tyler!" Susan yells, flinging open the door. The porcelain dolls were scattered around the floor, broken into pieces. "Oh my god. Tyler." Susan runs toward the attic while the hunters search around the room. "She's not here." Susan calls out.

"Susan, tell us what you know about Maggie." Sam tells her.

"Not much. Tyler's been talking about her since mom got sick."

"Okay, did you ever know anyone by that name?"

"No."

"Think. Think. It could be somebody that lived here. Might've passed away." Dean says.

"My god, my mom had a sister named Margaret. She barely spoke about her."

"Did she die here when she was a kid?" Alexis questions.

"She drowned in the pool."

"Come on." Dean walks toward the door.

~~~

They make it to the doors, which were locked.

"Tyler." Susan calls out. Tyler was standing on the balcony, looking down at the pool. The three hunters beat on the door.

"Mommy." Tyler looks back at them. Tyler falls forward, into the pool.

"Is there another entrance?" Dean asks.

"Around back."

"Alright, lets go. Keep working." Dean and Susan take off.

After a few more seconds Alexis got an idea. Sure, it was far fetched, but what the hell? "Sam, stop."

"What--?"

"Just shut up." Alexis reaches out, setting a finger on the glass. The glass cracks a little, then shatters completely. Sam and Alexis slips through the door and jump over the railing into the ice cold water.

Alexis breaks through the surface to see Sam making his way toward the edge of the pool with Tyler in his arms.

Dean and Susan finally get the door open and run in, kneeling to the ground. All of a sudden it was as if something snapped inside of Alexis. She just knew what to do. Alexis had no clue what she was doing as her hand shot forward, hovering over Tyler's head. A slight golden glow emits from her palm.

Tyler gasps, her eyes shooting open as she coughs up water. Alexis starts coughing. After a second it subsides.

"Oh, thank god. Thank god." Susan pulls her daughter into her arms.

"Tyler, do you see Maggie anywhere?" Sam asks.

Tyler looks around. "No, she's gone."

Alexis starts to feel lightheaded, her vision blurs and she was exhausted. "...Dean...." Her eyes roll back in her head and everything went black. Dean grabs her arms just before she went underwater.

"Lexi?" Dean pulls her from the pool.

~~~

"I don't get it. Did Maggie just stop?" Dean asks as the three stand in the room, waiting for Susan and Tyler. Alexis was awake, sort of. Her head swam as she leaned against Dean for support.

"Seems like it." Sam shrugs.

"Where the hell did she go?"

Susan screams and the three run up the stairs. Well, Sam and Dean ran. Alexis tried to, but she stumbled and tripped up the steps. Once they reach the steps they see Rose's lifeless body.

~~~

Sam, Dean, and Alexis watch as the coroner loads the stretcher into the van.

"The paramedics said it was another stroke." Susan explains as they walk up to her. "You think...Margaret could've had something to do with it?"

"We don't know." Dean answers.

"But its possible." Sam adds. "Susan, I'm sorry."

"My god, you have nothing to apologize for. You've given me everything. Ready to go, kiddo?"

"Yeah." Tyler replies.

"Tyler, you're sure Maggie's not around anymore?" Dean asks.

"I'm sure. I'd see her."

"Well, I guess whatever's going on must be over." Dean says as Susan and Tyler walk to the taxi.

"You two take care of yourselves, alright?" Sam tells Susan. She pulls Sam into a short hug.

"Thank you. All of you." She glances at Dean and Alexis. Sam closes the door behind her as she gets in the cab.

"I think you could've hooked up some MILF action there, bud." Dean looks at Sam as they walk back to the car. Alexis smacks Deans arm. Sam scoffs. "I'm serious. I think she likes you."

"Yeah, that's all she needs."

"Well, you saved the mom, you saved the girl, not a bad day. Of course, you know, I could've saved them myself, but I didn't want you to feel useless."

"Okay, I broke the glass and I saved Tyler, but what do I get? A splitting headache and freezing cold." Alexis stuffs her hands in the pockets of Deans jacket he gave her since she was cold.

"Aw, darlin', you did a great job. Top notch on the passing out. Super dramatic." Dean jokes, smiling at her. Alexis rolls her eyes, he was as worried as she was.

Sam chuckles. "Alright. I appreciate it." Sam tells Dean as he walks around the car.

"Feels good getting back in the saddle, doesn't it?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, yeah it does."

"Damn straight." Alexis mutters.

"But it doesn't change what we talked about last night, Dean."

"We talked about a lot of things last night."

"You know what I mean."

"You were wasted."

"But you weren't. And you promised." Sam gets in the car. Dean and Alexis follow suit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 497 44
With Dean back from hell everything seems to be looking up for Alexis. Sort of. She's still recovering from all the new information she's been thrown...
13.8K 444 47
At the end of yet another successful hunt, Sam and Dean Winchester are gifted a very unexpected call for help from their beloved angel, Castiel. The...
3.8K 126 20
Raelynn Michaels grew up with the Winchester brothers. Her daddy died on a hunt with John Winchester. John promised her father in his dying moments t...
24.2K 985 67
Elena Is No Stranger when it comes to the Supernatural she has known about it for as long as she can remember. Raised by her Mother Eleanor who was a...