Back to the shadows | Dean Wi...

By courtneybunny2

Book two in that back to you series. Read book one, "Back to believing", if you don't none of this is going t... More

Cast & Playlist
Chapter 1: I'll chase you out of the yard with a shotgun
Chapter 2: Like anyone would invite you
Chapter 3: I've always wanted to hunt down pennywise
Chapter 4: What's so weird about evil, invisible, killer clowns
Chapter 5: Damn you, Sam
Chapter 6: You really think you can kill me
Chapter 7: I really don't feel like hiding bodies
Chapter 8: Pretty, living, not dead, plants
Chapter 9: Probably
Chapter 10: We're supposed to be stalking
Chapter 11: I'll just stick with the boring job
Chapter 12: Are you sure
Chapter 13: When we're burning in hell together
Chapter 14: On this segment of I regret my life
Chapter 15: We're already wanted for murder
Chapter 16: I think he does
Chapter 17: We love summoning demons
Chapter 18: Before something bad happens
Chapter 19: Who has time to murder a town full of people
Chapter 20: Get on your side of the road, man
Chapter 22: Super scary threat
Chapter 23: Get over it
Chapter 24: I need coffee
Chapter 25: They are
Chapter 26: What now
Chapter 27: But what do I get
Chapter 28: Except that part
Chapter 29: You were smarter than that
Chapter 30: We got a lot of problems
Chapter 31: Lets dig up a dead body
Chapter 32: Maybe there is
Chapter 33: Go do our SpongeBob seance
Chapter 34: You were sadly mistaken
Chapter 35: I never will
Chapter 36: Just kill me
Chapter 37: Quit yelling at each other
Chapter 38: Psychotic break down is always an option
Chapter 39: Its shitty here
Chapter 40: A hell of a lot
Chapter 41: You have no friends
Chapter 42: Here we go
Chapter 43: I don't need help
Chapter 44: We are better than them
Chapter 45: I know the feeling
Chapter 46: Have fun
Chapter 47: Shut up
Chapter 48: Patiently
Chapter 49: Our big break
Chapter 50: Yes we are
Chapter 51: I'd love to
Chapter 52: You got any popcorn
Chapter 53: We've noticed
Chapter 54: Name your price
Chapter 55: The sky
Chapter 56: I can fix it
Chapter 57: I was right
Chapter 58: Bring it on
A/N

Chapter 21: I wanna blow shit up

639 19 11
By courtneybunny2

Croatoan 3

"You're going to kill Beverly Tanner?" Pam asks.

"Doctor, could there be any treatment? Some kind of cure for this?" Sam questions. Dr. Lee hesitates.

"Can you cure it?" Dean demands.

"I don't even know what it is."

"I told you, its a matter of time till she breaks through." Sarge speaks up, still pointing the gun at the door.

"Just leave her there. You can't just shoot her like an animal." Pam cries out.

"Sam." Dean walks toward the door and Sam follows. He stands by the door, reaching over to the handle. Dean cocks his gun, nodding his head. Alexis taps her fingers against her thigh as she leans against the wall on the other side of the door. Sam opens the door and Dean and the sarge burst in.

"Mark. What are you doing?" Beverly looks up. "Mark, its them. They locked me in here. They-they tried to kill me. They're infected, not me. Please, Mark. You've known me all your life. Please." She sobs.

"You sure she's one of 'em?" Dean asks Sam.

"Yeah." Sam mutters. Dean takes a step forward, and he shoots the woman.

~~~

Sam, Dean, and Alexis were going through all the weapons they had. Alexis glances over at Dean, letting her hand brush his. All of a sudden a scream rang throughout the building. The three run to the room to see Pam freaking out.

"Am I okay?" She asks the doctor.

"You're clean. You're okay." Dr. Lee nods her head. Alexis glances around, noticing the broken glass and blood on the floor.

"Why are we staying here? Please, lets just go."

"No, we can't, those things are everywhere." Dean tells her.

"Oh, God." Pam mutters, holding her head in her hands.

"She's right about one thing." Sam says as they stand in the doorway. "We can't stay here. We gotta get outta here, to the roadhouse or somewhere. Let people know what's coming."

"That's a good point." Dean agrees. "Night of the Living Dead didn't exactly end pretty."

"Well, let me know when you figure out how to get the hell outta here. Cause last time I checked that aren't exactly just letting us wander the streets and go out of town." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"I'm not sure we got a choice. Folks up here are good with rifles. Even with all your hardware, we're easy targets. So unless you got some explosives." Sarge says.

Alexis lets out a small gasp. "We should blow everything up. It'll be awesome."

"With what, darlin'?" Dean looks over at her.

"I don't know. Find something cause I wanna blow shit up."

"We could make some." Sam states, moving toward the shelf of medical supplies. He grabs a bottle of potassium chlorate.

"Hey! Let me in! Let me in, please!" A desperate yell comes from the front door. They all run to the front of the doctor's office.

"It Duane Tanner." Mark glances back at the hunters before unlocking the door. "Duane, you okay?" He asks as the two walk into the lobby.

"That's the guy that I...." Dean makes a cutting motion at his neck while clicking his tongue.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Who else is in here?" Duane asks.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, easy there, chief." Dean grabs the boys arm. "Hey, doc, give Duane a good once over, would you?"

"Pam." Dr. Lee calls out as she leads everyone back to a room.

"Who are you?" Duane asks Dean.

"Never mind who I am. Doc?"

"Yeah, okay." She nods her head.

"Duane, where you been?" Mark asks.

"I was on a fishing trip up by Roslyn. I came back this afternoon. I saw Roger McGill being dragged out of his house by people we know. They started cutting him with knives. I ran. I've been hiding in the wood ever since. Has anybody seen my mom and dad?"

"Awkward." Dean mutters, glancing at Sam and Alexis.

"Bigtime." Alexis whispers back.

"Its not really." Vivian rolls her eyes.

"You're bleeding." Dr. Lee states as she kneels down to where his pant leg was ripped and covered with blood.

"Where'd you get that?" Dean asks.

"I was running. I must've tripped." Duane shrugs.

"Tie him up. There's rope there." Dean tells Mark while gesturing to the duffel bag.

"That's just rude. How would you like it if we tied you up?" Vivian crosses her arms over her chest.

"Wait-" Duane stands up.

"Sit down." Dean yells, pointing his gun at him.

"Sorry, Duane. He's right. We gotta be careful." Mark explains.

"Careful? About what?"

"Did they bleed on you? Anywhere?" Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"No. What the hell--? No!"

"Doc, anyway to know for sure?" Mark asks, pulling out the rope.

"A test." Sam suggests.

"I've studied Beverly's blood work." Dr. Lee starts.

"My mom?" Duane asks.

"It took three hours for the virus to incubate. The sulfur didn't appear in the blood until then. So, no, there'd be no way of knowing."

"Until its too late." Alexis mutters.

"Right. Not until after Duane turns." Dr. Lee nods.

"Dean, Alex, I gotta talk to you. Now." Sam says, walking out of the room. Dean and Alexis follow, closing the door behind them. "This is my visions, Dean. Its happening."

"Yeah, I figured."

"You can't kill him. Not yet. We don't know if he's infected or not."

"No, I think we're damn sure. Guy shows up out of nowhere. Got a cut, his whole family's infected."

"Well, I think we should keep him tied up, wait and see."

"So when he does turn he gets out and infects someone else. Another person we would have to kill." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"That is creepy, who ties people up?" Vivian asks as she walks in.

"Are you really still obsessing over that?" Alexis looks at her.

"Yes, I am."

"Lexi's right. We can't just wait for him to hulk out. No, thanks, we can't take that chance." Dean starts to walk off, but Sam stops him, giving him a look. "I'm not happy about this, okay? Its a tough job. You know that."

"Its supposed to be a tough job, Dean. We're supposed to struggle with this. That's the whole point."

"What does that buy us?"

"A clear conscience, for one."

"Well, its too late for that."

"What the hell's happened to you?"

"What?"

"Guys, lets not do this right now." Alexis glances between the two.

"You might kill an innocent man and you don't even care. You don't act like yourself anymore. Hell, you know what? You're acting like one of those things out there."

Dean tries to walk away, but Sam puts a hand on his chest, trying to stop him. Dean pushes Sam away, walking back into the room and closing the door behind him.

"Dean." Alexis moves toward the door. She tries to open it, but Dean locked it. "Open the door, asshole."

"Open the damn door. Dean." Sam calls out as they watch Dean walk away through the window. "Don't do it, Dean. Don't do it."

~~~

Alexis glances out the window again. She continues down the hall. Sam and Dean were making the explosives. Dean didn't end up killing Duane. Alexis decided to roam the building, she needed a minute to herself. All this arguing was making her headache worse. She was trying to clear her mind so she could figure out how to stop it.

As she passes a window she notices that it was open. She goes to grab her gun, but she didn't have it. She left it on the counter. "Shit." She curses before moving to close the window, making sure to lock it. She turns around coming face to face with a man.

He tackles her to the ground. Alexis' fist connects with his face, but it did no good. The man takes one hand, wrapping it around her throat. Using his other hand he pulls out a hunting knife. Alexis tries to push him away, gasping for air. He slides the knife across her chest he move his hand and she gasps for air. He presses the knife into the skin of his hand and then lets the blood drip into her wound.

"No, shit." She mutters, punching him. She grabs his wrist, twisting it until he drops the knife. She grabs the knife, slitting the mans throat. Blood pours from the wound and onto her hands. Alexis stands up, breathing heavily. She looks around.

A closet. Perfect. She opens the door then leans down and grabs the guy's ankles. She pulls him toward the janitors closets.

"Why are dead bodies so heavy?" Alexis mumbles to herself.

~~~

Alexis was worried. She didn't want to go insane. She had to tell everyone. She takes a deep breath before walking to the door.

"Doctor, check his would again, would you?" She hears Dean ask.

She stops in the doorway to see Sam sitting down with holding an ice-pack to his chest. She glances down at her patched up wound. She decided to do that herself to buy more time.

"What's going on?" She speaks up, trying to sound normal. Sam looks at her and she knew. He was attacked too.

"Doctor." Dean says, louder this time.

"What does she need to examine him for? You saw what happened." Mark tells Dean.

"Did her blood actually enter your wound?" Dr. Lee asks Sam.

"Come on. Of course it did." Mark yells.

"We don't know for sure." Dean argues.

"Can't take a chance." Duane speaks up.

"You know what to do."

"Nobody shoots my brother."

"Dean!" Alexis raises her voice. He looks over, meeting her eyes. The his eyes fall to the red and already bruising hand-print on her neck and the bandage sticking out of her shirt. Panic flares in his eyes. "Can we talk for a second?"

Mark turns to look at her. "She's infected too. And he won't be your brother much longer. You said it."

"Lexi is strong enough to overcome it. Unlike your brother, who's a little bitch." Vivian says.

"Vivian, stop it." Alexis hisses. "And don't call me that."

"Why?"

"We're kinda in the middle of something. Can we have this conversation later?"

"Nobody's shooting anyone." Dean states, his eyes flickering to Alexis. She pushes past Mark and Duane and stops beside Dean.

"You were gonna shoot me." Duane yells.

"If you don't shut your pie hole, I still might."

"Dean, they're right." Sam speaks up. "I'm infected. Just give me the gun, and I'll do it myself."

"Forget it."

"Dean, I'm not gonna become one of those things."

"We still got some time-"

"For what?" Mark asks. "Look, I understand he's your brother, I'm sorry. I gotta take care of this." He pulls out a gun.

"I'll say this one time. You make a move on either of them, you'll be dead before you hit the ground. You understand me? Do I make myself clear?" Dean yells.

"The what are we supposed to do?"

"Dean." Sam says. Dean reaches in his pocket, pulling out his car keys and throwing them to Mark.

"Get the hell outta here, that's what. Take my car. You got the explosives. There's an arsenal in there. You three go with him. You got enough firepower to handle anything now."

"What about you?"

Dean just looks at him.

"Dean, no, no. Go with them This is your only chance." Sam says.

"Dean, you're not staying. Go." Alexis sets a hand on his bicep.

"You two ain't gonna get rid of me that easy."

"No, they're right, man. Come with us." Mark tells Dean. "Okay, its your funeral."

"I'll stay too." Vivian crosses her arms over her chest.

"What? No." Alexis shakes her head.

Duane and Mark walk out of the room. Dr. Lee heads toward the door.

"I'm sorry. Thanks for everything, marshals."

"Oh, actually, we're not really marshals." Dean tells her.

"Um....oh." And with that Dr. Lee walks out. Dean closes and locks the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240 61 21
Nevaeh Gerard killed her mother. She's the reason her mother is dead. And her father always made sure she knew it. Always reminded her of it. Which i...
172K 5.6K 41
*in queue for editing* A huge thank you to @bloomedroses who loved the story so much that they made an amazing cover for me! I love it so much!! You...
6.2K 365 37
When she finds herself back in Sioux Falls on a job, a twist of fate puts Evelyn Marshall in the path of the Winchesters and Bobby Singer. With nowhe...
2.2K 78 17
Taken after the events of Devilish Angel, the reader somehow finds out that she had been brought back to life and has been back for nearly a year wit...