The School Full of Elite Stud...

By Cr0wn0fC0te

THIS IS VOLUME 1, THERE ARE MORE BOOKS AFTER THIS, NOT IN ONE BOOK ONLY (I realized my mistake; this would h... More

The concept of life is as vague as the aftermath itself.
Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 2; "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." ~ Confucius
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 2.2
Chapter 3: "Don't let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace." ~Dalai L
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 4: "I love those who yearn for the impossible." ~Johann W. V. Goethe
Chapter 4.1
Chapter 4.2
Chapter 4.3
Chapter 5: "Never trust anything until you're sure to trust it." ~ Author-san
Chapter 5.1
Chapter: 5.2
Chapter: 5.3
Chapter 6: "Classroom of the Elite."
Chapter 6.1
Chapter 6.2
Chapter 7: "It's not that people who change. It's the mask that falls off."
Chapter 7.1
Chapter 7.2
Chapter 7.3
Chapter 7.4
Chapter 7.5
Chapter 7.6
Chapter 7.7
Chapter 7.8
Chapter 8: "Desperate problems lead to desperate solutions." ~Author-san
Chapter 8.2
Chapter 8.3
Chapter 8.4
Chapter 9: "Mistake after mistake, turns to success after success." ~Author-san
Chapter 9.1
Chapter 9.2
Chapter 10: "The Beginning."
Chapter 11: "Victory Celebration"
"A Certain Morning in the Swimming Pool." Short Story 1
"Happy? Unhappy?" Short Story 2
"Happy? Unhappy?" Short Story 2.1
"Happy? Unhappy?" Short Story 2.2
"Why try in a meritocracy world?" Short Story 3
Postscript | Author's Note
Volume 2 Announcement!
Rewriting + Volume 5 - 11.5 Announcement

Chapter 8.1

875 32 3
By Cr0wn0fC0te

THE study group seemed to have gotten off to a good start. Of course, no one suddenly loved studying or found great joy in it. However, they all did their part to avoid expulsion so they could continue to spend time with their friends. The Idiot Trio started changing their behavior. They frantically repeated everything written on the blackboard, wracking their brains to understand the problems.

Sudou occasionally came close to passing out during class. His head would bob up and down as he started to doze, but he managed to stay awake, likely because of his professional basketball dreams. Most people would laugh at such high aspirations, but he chased them earnestly. Many of the first-year students, fresh from junior high, didn't have a "dream" yet. Many had only the vaguest notion of what they wanted their future to be. At least Sudou was already working hard in pursuit of his dream. That was worthy of praise.

Once the afternoon class had ended, a satisfied-looking Horikita gave a small nod and glanced at her notes. Apparently, she'd compiled everything together. Even though Horikita was teaching the Idiot Trio, she wanted the best possible results. That was her nature. Our class's evaluation would improve, as would the individual students' abilities. However, trying to get perfect scores was absurd. We didn't intend to reach that far. Helping Ike and the others avoid failing was the best we could do.

When the lunch bell rang, everyone made a mad dash for the cafeteria. Our break was forty-five minutes long. After lunch, everyone had agreed to meet in the library for a twenty-minute study session. At first, we'd planned to study in the classroom. However, for better concentration, we decided to avoid noise and use the library.

However, the main reason was that Horikita wanted to avoid Hirata. His study group also met during lunch, and if we were reviewing materials nearby, they'd likely try to talk to us. Horikita absolutely did not want that.

"Horikita, what are you doing for lunch?" Ayanokouji asked. 

"Well—"

"Ayanokouji-kun! Do you want to eat lunch together? I don't have any plans today!" Kushida unexpectedly hopped out in front of Ayanokouji.

"Ah, okay. Well then, do you want to eat together with Kushida—'" Ayanokouji began.

"I already have plans. Please excuse me." Horikita stood and stalked out of the classroom by herself.

"I'm sorry, Ayanokouji-kun. Was I possibly...being a bother?" Kushida asked.

"Oh, no. Not at all." 

"Hey, can I join you guys in your lunch?" I asked.

"Wouldn't hurt to have one more friend!" Kushida stated

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's going on? There're an insane number of girls here." I said. 

"This isn't really a place where boys come to eat." Kushida claimed.

The menu included items like pasta and pancakes, food that only girls would like. Athletic people like Sudou would probably complain about the small portions. There were a few guys, but you could say that they were either coupled up or playboys. Every guy here was either alone with one girl or surrounded by multiple ladies.

"How about we go to the cafeteria after all? I feel kind of uncomfortable here," I said.

"Yeah, I don't like it here. I feel like I'm out of place."

"You'll be fine once you get used to it. It seems like Koenji-kun comes here every day. See?" 

Kushida pointed to a table in the back, where Koenji sat surrounded by girls. He looked just as grand and imposing as ever. 

"He seems really popular. Those girls around him are all third years."

Kushida was surprised, too. I overheard some of the conversation between Kouenji and the older girls.

"Here, Koenji-kun, say 'Ahh!'" one of them said. 

"Ha ha! Just as I thought, more mature girls are the best."

He certainly didn't act shy at all around the third-years ladies. Rather, he ate his food while they practically pressed up against him.

"That guy is really something else," Ayanokouji muttered.

"He's a whole beast if I may say so myself." I claimed.

"His name seems to be going around lately. People are talking about him." Kushida explained.

"What a sad world." Ayanokouji says.

"Those girls are just being realists. You can't afford to eat on dreams alone," she said.

"Are you a realist, Kushida?"

"I'd say I'm a bit of a dreamer. Something like a knight in shining armor would be nice."

"A knight in shining armor, hmm?" 

We sat as far away from Koenji as possible.

"What about you, Ayanokouji-kun? Do you like girls like Horikita- san?" she asked.

"Why'd you bring up Horikita?" 

"Well, you're always with her. Isn't she cute?"

"I won't respond, but even then, she wouldn't date me, and I wouldn't date her. I mean, why date an ordinary looking guy?"

"Know something, Ayanokouji-kun? You've caught the girls' eyes for a little while now. You're on a first-year students' ranking chart. Oh, you too Shinjiro-kun."

To the point that even I was included...

"Caught their eye? Me? Also, what the hell kind of ranking?" Ayanokouji asked.

Apparently, we men had been rated without even noticing. Was it like the ranking we'd made for the girls' breast sizes? I sympathize even more to the girls than beforehand. Before it was a 100%, now it's a 145%.

"Well, there are lots of different rankings, you know? The hot guy rankings. The rich guy rankings. The creeper rankings. And—"

"Okay, that's enough. I don't think I want to hear any more."

"Don't worry. You're ranked a respectable fifth place in the hot guy rankings. Congratulations! By the way, Satonaka-kun in Class A is in first place. Hirata-kun's in second. The third and fourth place boys are in Class A. Sixth place is Shinjiro-kun, so nice job! I feel like Hirata-kun gets lots of points because of his looks and personality."

"Is it okay for me to be happy about that?" Ayanokouji asked. 

"Of course. Oh, but the both of you also ranked pretty high in gloominess."

Huh!?!?

"Let's see..."  Ayanokouji muttered.

Me and Ayanokouji looked at Kushida's cell phone. There really were a lot of different ranking charts. I saw a ranking titled, "Boys Who Should Die."  Ike and Yamauchi were in a "respective" first and second place with Yamauchi being first.

"Are you not really happy about it? You're ranked fifth Ayanokouji-kun."

"I guess if I cared about popularity, it'd be different, but I don't really feel anything. So, does everyone participate in this?" Ayanokouji asked.

"Well, not everyone, but lots of people do. I don't know the exact number of votes, though. The comments are also anonymous."

"I see..."

"I think you're probably at a disadvantage, Ayanokouji-kun. From my point of view, you're definitely attractive enough to be considered a hot guy, but I don't think people would say you're as beautiful or stand out as much as Hirata-kun. You're not exceptionally smart, you don't have exceptional athletic ability, and you're not a great conversationalist. There's something missing, some element of attractiveness, you know?" Kushida claimed

"Heh, don't worry Ayanokouji. It's okay-"

"Although Shinjiro-kun isn't much different..."

"Excuse me?"

"S-sorry. I probably should have held back a bit." Kushida appeared sheepish. 

"Hey, Ayanokouji-kun. Did you have a girlfriend in junior high school?"

"Would it be bad if I didn't?" 

"So, you didn't have one? Ha ha, no. No, it's not bad."

"Rankings, huh? What would the girls think if the boys did something like that?" Ayanokouji asked.

"They'd probably consider them the lowest of the low." Kushida answered

"Society is truly flawed." I stated

"Ha ha, I guess so!" Kushida remarked.

"Shinjiro, can you go grab me a drink?" Ayanokouji asked.

"Oh, alrighty then. Do your thing."

"Sure, you better pay me back though."

"Don't worry, I will. I'll get some oolong please."

I left as I went to order some oolong tea. I didn't hear their conversation but I'm guessing it's related to the incident between each other.

____________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 588 35
Yoshida Nagi is a young boy who spent his whole life playing video games and sleeping in class, but that all changes when a Senpai puts him in his pl...
10.5K 518 23
THERE ARE MORE BOOKS, BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER THIS VOLUME. READ VOLUME 1 FIRST AND THEN ADVANCE The uninhabited island. An island where the first years...
4.3K 197 12
THERE ARE MORE BOOKS, BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER THIS VOLUME. READ VOLUME 1 FIRST AND THEN ADVANCE It's summer vacation! ... Well, technically. The studen...
122K 3.7K 56
Katagiri Yuuichi is moving to the Advanced Nurturing High school where he can finally put his past behind him and live in a rather fancy Highschool...