Back to the shadows | Dean Wi...

By courtneybunny2

Book two in that back to you series. Read book one, "Back to believing", if you don't none of this is going t... More

Cast & Playlist
Chapter 1: I'll chase you out of the yard with a shotgun
Chapter 2: Like anyone would invite you
Chapter 3: I've always wanted to hunt down pennywise
Chapter 4: What's so weird about evil, invisible, killer clowns
Chapter 5: Damn you, Sam
Chapter 6: You really think you can kill me
Chapter 7: I really don't feel like hiding bodies
Chapter 8: Pretty, living, not dead, plants
Chapter 9: Probably
Chapter 11: I'll just stick with the boring job
Chapter 12: Are you sure
Chapter 13: When we're burning in hell together
Chapter 14: On this segment of I regret my life
Chapter 15: We're already wanted for murder
Chapter 16: I think he does
Chapter 17: We love summoning demons
Chapter 18: Before something bad happens
Chapter 19: Who has time to murder a town full of people
Chapter 20: Get on your side of the road, man
Chapter 21: I wanna blow shit up
Chapter 22: Super scary threat
Chapter 23: Get over it
Chapter 24: I need coffee
Chapter 25: They are
Chapter 26: What now
Chapter 27: But what do I get
Chapter 28: Except that part
Chapter 29: You were smarter than that
Chapter 30: We got a lot of problems
Chapter 31: Lets dig up a dead body
Chapter 32: Maybe there is
Chapter 33: Go do our SpongeBob seance
Chapter 34: You were sadly mistaken
Chapter 35: I never will
Chapter 36: Just kill me
Chapter 37: Quit yelling at each other
Chapter 38: Psychotic break down is always an option
Chapter 39: Its shitty here
Chapter 40: A hell of a lot
Chapter 41: You have no friends
Chapter 42: Here we go
Chapter 43: I don't need help
Chapter 44: We are better than them
Chapter 45: I know the feeling
Chapter 46: Have fun
Chapter 47: Shut up
Chapter 48: Patiently
Chapter 49: Our big break
Chapter 50: Yes we are
Chapter 51: I'd love to
Chapter 52: You got any popcorn
Chapter 53: We've noticed
Chapter 54: Name your price
Chapter 55: The sky
Chapter 56: I can fix it
Chapter 57: I was right
Chapter 58: Bring it on
A/N

Chapter 10: We're supposed to be stalking

1.1K 31 17
By courtneybunny2

Simon said 1

Alexis groans, opening the bottle of ibuprofen. Her head was killing her, and the nightmares had kept her up most of the night last night.

"Sweetheart, you okay?" Dean sets a hand on her arm, he runs his hand down her arm until her hand was in his.

"Yeah, just a headache." She tells him, grabbing her water bottle and taking the pills.

"Alright, well, I'm gonna go get Sam. You gonna be okay?"

"Its just a headache, Dean. I'll be fine." Alexis smiles.

"Alright." Dean presses a kiss to her hairline before walking off.

~~~

"I don't know, man. Why don't we just chill out, think about this?" Dean doesn't take his eyes off the dark road ahead of him.

Sam turns off the radio. "What's there to think about?"

"I just don't know if going Roadhouse is smartest idea."

Alexis sighs, leaning against the cold glass of the window. She closes her eyes.

"I don't like you all that much, but I agree." Vivian says to Dean. Alexis kind of regrets picking Vivian up.

"Dean, its another premonition. I know it. This is gonna happen. Ash can tell us where."

"Yeah, but--"

"Plus, it could have a connection with the demon. My visions always do."

"That's my point. There's gonna be hunters. I don't know if-if going in and announcing that you're some supernatural freak with a demonic connection is the best thing, okay?"

Alexis leans forward, lightly hitting Deans shoulder before falling back into her seat.

"So I'm a freak now?"

Dean glances over at Sam. "You've always been a freak." Dean smiles, hitting Sams arm.

~~~

Deans hand rests on the small of Alexis' back as they walk into the Roadhouse, glancing around.

"You just can't stay away, huh?" Jo says as they walk toward her.

"Yeah, looks like. How you doing, Jo?" Dean asks.

"Where's Ash?" Sam asks.

"In his backroom." Jo answers. Sam rushes off and Alexis follows. Vivian trails behind her. Alexis ignores the familiar feeling of jealousy filling her chest as she walks behind Sam.

They stop at the door, Sam knocks on the door. There was a sign hanging there that read, 'Dr. Badass is in'. Alexis jumps slightly when she feels a hand touch her back. She turns to see Dean standing beside her.

"Ash." Sam calls out. He knocks on the door again. "Hey, Ash."

Dean beats on the door. "Hey, Dr. Badass."

The door open, revealing a completely naked Ash. Alexis closes her eyes, resting her head against Deans shoulder.

"Sam. Dean. Alexis. Sam, Dean, and Alexis." Ash says.

"Hey, Ash, um, we need your help."

"Oh, hell, then. Guess I need my pants." He closes the door.

~~~

"I got a match. Its the logo for the Blue Ridge Bus Lines. Guthrie, Oklahoma." Ash explains.

"Okay, do me a favor. Check Guthrie for any demonic signs or omens or anything like that."

"You think the demon's there?"

"Yeah, maybe." Sam hesitates a little. Alexis rolls her eyes, sinking further into her chair. She felt at least ten pairs of eyes on her, and it was aggravating.

"Why would you think that?" Ash asks.

"Just check it, alright?" Dean says from where he leans against the wall.

"No, sir, nothing. No demon." Ash tells them.

"You sure?" Alexis asks.

"Yeah."

"Alright, try something else for me." Sam says. "Search Guthrie for a house fire. It would be 1983. Fire's origin would be a baby's nursery, the night of the kids six mouth birthday."

Ash looks at Sam. "Okay, now, that is just weird, man. Why the hell would I be looking for that?"

"Because there's a PBR in it for you."

"Give me 15 minuets."

~~~

Alexis and Vivian sit at a table a few feet away from where Dean sat. Alexis wasn't really sure where Sam had disappeared to. Alexis' eyes drift to Dean, who was now talking to Jo.

"Why are you starring at him? Again." Vivian hits her arm, grabbing her attention.

"I wasn't starring." Alexis looks at her sister.

"But you were."

Alexis huffs. "I wasn't."

"You were."

"Whatever."

Sam passes the two, telling them they have to go. Alexis and Vivian stand up, following behind Sam.

"We have a match. We gotta go." Sam tells Dean.

"Alright, Jo. See you later." Dean stands up, setting an arm around Alexis' shoulder and pulling her into his side. Alexis couldn't help but smile a little.

"Bye, Joanna." Vivian over pronounces her name as she passes.

~~~

"What do you got?" Dean asks, glancing at Sam.

"Andrew Gallagher. Born in '83, like me. Lost his mother in a nursery fire exactly six months later, also like me."

"You think the demon killed his mom?"

"That's what it looks like."

"How did you even know to look for this guy?"

"If premonitions aren't about the demon, they're about the kids the demon visited. Like Max Miller, remember him?"

"Yeah, tried to kill us all. Just like everyone else we meet." Alexis mutters.

"But Max Miller was a pasty little psycho." Dean chuckles.

"Point is, he was killing people, and I was having the same type of visions about him. Now, it could be happening again with this Gallagher guy."

"How do we find him?" Dean asks.

"Don't know. No current address, no current employment."

"Maybe he's dead." Alexis shrugs.

"He still owes money on all his bills. Phone, credit, utilities." Sam continues.

"Collection agency flags?" Dean asks.

"None in the system."

"They just let him take a walk?"

"Seems like it."

"What if they just killed him, though." Vivian says.

"There's a work address from his last W2, about a year ago. We'll start there." Sam tells them.

~~~

"You won't get anything outta Andy, guys. I'm sorry, but they never do." The waitress, Tracy, tells the four of them after pouring more coffee.

"They?" Sam asks.

"You're debt collectors, right? Once in a while, they come by. I don't know what Andy says to them, but they never come back."

"Actually, we're lawyers, representing his Great aunt Lita." Dean lies. "She passes, God rest her soul, but left Andy a sizable estate."

"Yeah, so are you a friend of his?" Sam asks.

"I used to be, yeah. I don't see much of Andy anymore."

"Why not?" Alexis sets down the cup of coffee, crossing her legs.

"Andy?" A random guy asks, sitting down in the last free chair. "Andy kicks ass, man."

"Is that right?" Dean asks.

"Andy can get you into anything. He even got me backstage at Aerosmith once. It was beautiful, bro."

"Uh-huh. How about busing a table or two, Webber?"

"Yeah, you bet, boss." Webber stands up and walks away.

"Look, if you wanna find him, try Orchard Street. Just look for a van with a barbarian queen painted on the side." Tracy tells them.

"Barbarian queen?" Dean asks.

"She's riding a polar bear. It kinda hard to miss."

"Yeah, sounds like it." Alexis mutters under her breath.

~~~

"I'm sorry, but I'm starting to like this dude. That van is sweet." Dean says as they stare at the van.

"God, its terrible. I'm regretting becoming your friend if that's your opinion." Alexis leans against the front seat.

"What's wrong?" Dean asks Sam after turning to face his brother.

"Nothing."

"Man, you look like you're sucking on a lemon. What's going on?"

"This Andrew Gallagher. He's the second guy like this we've found. Demon came to them when they were kids, now they kill people."

"Wait, when did we become so sure that this Andrew guy was killing people? So far the only sin he committed was deciding that he should have that van." Alexis glances at Sam.

"Lexi's right. We don't know what Andrew is. Could be innocent." Dean adds.

"My visions haven't been wrong yet."

"What's your point?"

"My point is I'm one of them."

"No, you're not."

"Dean, the demon said he had plans for me and children like me. He also said someone had plans for Alex. So maybe she's one of us too."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, maybe this is his plan. Maybe we're all a bunch of psychic freaks. Maybe we're all supposed to be-"

"What, killers?" Dean cuts him off.

"Yeah."

"So the demon wants you out there killing with your minds, is that it?" Dean asks. Alexis sighs, falling back into her seat. "Oh, give me a break. You and Lexi aren't murders, Sam. You don't have it in your bones."

"Well..." Alexis trails off. She did have it in her bones and her blood according to her family.

"No?" Sam asks. "Last I checked, I kill all kinds of things."

"Yeah, evil things. You're doing the world a favor." Alexis tells Sam.

"Yeah, those things were asking for it. There's a difference." Dean says. Sam nods. Alexis watches Dean as he looks out of the window, his jaw clenching. Alexis knew something was bothering him, she's know it since the hospital. But she never brought it up, she didn't want to pressure him into talking, but now she decided that he needs to talk about it. So, the next time she gets him alone she's going ask him.

"Got him." Sam's voice pulls Alexis from her thought. She looks over as a man walks out of the building across the street. The hunters watch as he stops to talk to a guy, after a few seconds the guy hands over his coffee.

Andy walks down the sidewalk until he runs into an older black man. He stops to shake his hand.

"That's him. The older guy. That's him. He's the shooter." Sam says.

"Alright, well, you keep on him. Me and Lex will stick with Andy. Go." Dean tells Sam. Sam gets out of the car. Alexis climbs over the seat, plopping down beside Dean.

Dean waits for Andy to start the van and drive away before starting the Impala. He sets an arm on the back of the seat just above Alexis' shoulder. He glances at her as his fingertips brush her shoulder.

~~~

Eventually, Andy's van comes to a stop and he gets out. Dean grabs the gun that sits between him and Alexis, his fingers brush her thigh as he moves his hand. He puts the gun in his coat.

"Hey." Andy says, leaning down to the window.

"Hey." Dean replies.

"This is a cherry ride."

"Yeah, thanks."

"Manual '67. Impala's best year, if you ask me. This is a serious classic."

Dean relaxes a little, moving his hand away from the gun. Alexis glances at Dean, something felt off.

"Yeah, well, you know, I just rebuilt her." Dean tells Andy. "Can't let a car like this one go."

"Damn straight."

Alexis rolls her eyes.

"Hey, can I have it?" Andy asks. Alexis heard something in his voice change. A part of her wanted to listen to Andy, to do whatever he said, but then Alexis felt something swirl in her chest and sink into her gut and she realized that he had some type of power. He could control people, but it didn't work on her. At least, it wasn't strong enough.

"Sure, man." Dean agrees, opening the door.

"Dean," She hisses. "what the hell?"

"Alright, sweet." Andy nods as Dean gets out of the car. Alexis gets out of the passenger seat, getting ready to beat some sense into Dean.

Andy gets in the impala and Dean pushes the door closed. "Hop right in there. There you go."

"Dean, what are you doing?" She asks, hitting his arm.

"Take it easy." Andy tells Dean as he drives away.

"Alright." Dean chuckles. Alexis steps in front of Dean and whatever spell he was under instantly vanishes. Alexis waves her hand in front of his face.

"Earth to Dean. Hello? What is going on with you? You just let a stranger, who we're supposed to be stalking, take your car."

"Yeah, I don't know."

~~~

"Dean, Andy's got the impala." Sam says through the cell phone speaker.

"I know." Dean and Alexis pace back and forth by Andy's van.

"And its all your fault." Alexis slaps Deans arm.

"He just sort of asked me for it and I let him take it." Dean continues.

"You what?" Sam asks.

"He full on Obi-Wan'd me. Its mind control, man."

~~~

Sam, Dean, Alexis, and Vivian watch as the paramedics zip up the body bag.

"I kept him outta the gun store. Thought he was okay. I thought he was past it, at least. I should've stayed with him." Sam says.

~~~

Sam, Dean, Alexis, and Vivian round the corner to see the impala sitting across the street.

"Thank God." Dean sighs. Alexis smiles a little. They reach the car. "I'm sorry, baby. I'll never leave you again. At least he left he keys in it."

"Yeah. Real Samaritan, this guy." Sam says.

"Look like he can't work his mojo by twitching his nose. He's gotta use verbal commands. But it doesn't work on Lexi."

"Doctor had just gotten off his cell phone when he stepped in front of that bus. Andy must've called him or something."

"I don't know, maybe."

"But why didn't it work on me. Why?" Alexis leans against the car.

"Beg your pardon?" Sam asks Dean.

"I don't know if he's our guy, Sam."

"You had O.J. convicted before he got out of his Bronco and you doubt this?"

"He just doesn't seem like the stone cold killer type, that's all."

"Deans right, Sam. He didn't seem like a killer to me." Alexis adds.

"And O.J. was guilty." Dean continues.

"Either way, how are we gonna track this guy down?" Sam asks.

"Not a problem."

~~~

"Its not exactly an inconspicuous ride." Dean tells them as they walk up to Andy's van. "Lets have a look." Dean chuckles as he opens the door to the back of the van. "Oh, come on."

"God, its gets worse." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"This is magnificent, that's what this is." Dean glances at her.

"Its got a mini disco ball. Its horrible." Alexis argues.

"Not exactly a serial killers lair, though." Dean nudges her side. "There's no clown paintings on the wall or scissors stuck in victims' photos. But the tiger..." Dean points at the painting on the wall.

"That's the worst part." Alexis looks over at Dean.

"Hegel, Kant, Wittgenstein. That's some pretty heavy reading, Dean." Sam picks up a book that was laying around.

"Yeah, and Moby Dick's bong." Dean adds, smiling at Sam.

~~~

Alexis slaps Deans shoulder after he threw the wrapper for his burger in the backseat. "Quit throwing your trash at me."

He turns slightly, stealing a fry from her. She rolls her eyes, smiling a little.

"You know, one day I'd like to sit down and eat something I didn't have to microwave at a mini mart." Dean complains.

"What I don't get is the motive. I mean, the doctor was squeaky clean. Why would Andy waste him?" Sam continues to stare at the papers in his hand.

"If it is Andy." Dean corrects him.

"I don't think it is." Alexis adds.

"Dude, enough." Sam looks over at Dean.

"What?"

"The doctor was mind controlled in front of a bus. Andy happens to have the power of mind control. You do the math."

"I just don't think he's got it in him."

"How would you know? Why are you defending him?"

"You're not right about this."

"About Andy?" Sam asks. Then Andy leans down to the window.

"Hey. You think I haven't seen you four? Why are you following me?" He asks, his voice changing ever so slightly like it did before. And again Alexis wanted to answer him, but then she realized she shouldn't.

"Well, we're lawyers. A relative of yours passed-" Sam starts.

"Tell the truth." Andy says.

"That's what I'm-" Sam tries to say.

"We hunt demons." Dean cuts him off. Alexis hits his shoulder.

"Shut it." She hisses.

"What?" Andy asks.

"Dean." Sam warns.

"Demons, spirits. Things your worst nightmares wouldn't touch. Sam here is my brother."

"Dean, shut up." Sam looks over at Dean.

"I'm trying. He's psychic, like you. But not really like you. He thinks you're a murderer. He's afraid he'll be one because you're all apart of something terrible. I hope to hell he's wrong, but I'm starting to get scared he might be right. That's Vivian-" Dean points toward her.

"-I don't really like her all that much, but I don't say anything for Lexi cause their half sisters. Their dad's a demon by the way. She's a psychic too. And that's Lexi, she's my best friend. And I have feelings for her. Sam, help." Dean had a panicked look on his face. "I just haven't told her because I don't think I'm good enough for her. I've had feelings for her for a while now. She's the best thing to ever happen to me. I don't think I could live without her. She's also sorta psychic. But we're not really sure what's going on with her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 83 17
Taken after the events of Devilish Angel, the reader somehow finds out that she had been brought back to life and has been back for nearly a year wit...
109K 5.4K 50
**Set in Season 10** **IT IS VITAL YOU READ BOOK 1 [ROGUE] FIRST** Josette Winchester got a taste of what her life would have been had she not ru...
228K 4.7K 41
I felt sick to my stomach, nerves overcoming me at the thought of seeing him again after all these years. I know he's going to be angry, furious in f...
28.7K 1.1K 67
Elena Is No Stranger when it comes to the Supernatural she has known about it for as long as she can remember. Raised by her Mother Eleanor who was a...