False Claim (BWWM)

By karrie_999

Behind all of it, I was the only person that really knew the real me. Everyone thought I was the wild child... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chatper Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Sixteen

3.2K 177 28
By karrie_999

Hey Guys! Do me a favor and Check out my sister's story called

Memories of Jack and Eliza. Her username is @irresistiblyclever :D Comment, Vote, and Share her story as well. Give her some love :)

I'm sorry I didn't update on Sunday. I was suppose to, but no idea came to the mind. I hope this chapter isn't as boring as I think it is.

Excuse my mistakes if they're are any.

Chapter Sixteen  

            I ran all the way home. The coffee shop was close enough, to where I didn't pass out when I reached the porch. I was glad my parents weren't home, because I think I'm done with authority right now. Carmen, My mother, and even my dad have hid a secret from me like that for what? I was so fed up with being controlled that I wanted to drink. I wanted the feel of freedom that alcohol gave me. I almost put my hands on the bottle as I opened the refrigerator. I almost did. I balled my fist to stop myself from taking off the cap. I sighed and grabbed my phone. I know someone who will distract me from all of this.

"Hey Chris, please tell me you're at home." I pleaded.

 "Yeah, What happened?" He asked, sounding out of breath.

 I looked at the alcohol, before pushingit off of the counter. "A bunch of bullshit." I hang up and I look for my mom's keys.

She never took the car, so I don't think she'll mind now. I find them and take the car to Chris's house. I was so upset and ready to talk it all out. Chris always gave me the best advice, even if I wasn't trying to hear it at the time. I pull into his driveway and get out the car. I remember the last time I came here, his was with Quinn and I had just set Denis's stuff on fire. I chuckle, "Good times."

I knock on the door three times before he actually answers. I walk past him and stop when I see him shirtless with sweat all down his chest. Chris has always been attractive, not going to lie, I knew why girls were always screaming his name, but I've only seen him as a friend. "I just got done working out. Do you want something to drink?"

Alcohol

 "Um, just some water." I said, fighting the urge. He comes back from the kitchen with two bottles of water. "Alright, tell me what happened."  

I sigh, "It's a long fucking story."

~~~

                "Elliot calm down." He said. "No! Like you don't get it Chris," I sprung up from lying on his chest. I just realize that I was laying there and he didn't say anything.

"They repeatedly lie to me, and treat me like I'm twelve and not twenty-one. I didn't even want to hear the fucking secret after she said that. That she thought she was going to tell me now, because she believed I deserved to know now." I said, totally getting riled up again.

"You have no idea how much I wanna just yell and scream about all of it, to just—"Elliot your phone is ringing." He interrupts. I search for my phone and realize it's my Logan phone.  The caller I.D. said Cayla was calling. I ran to the kitchen and answered it before I missed the call.

                "Logan!" She yelled in the phone. Chris came in behind me, asking who it was. "Cayla Hi." I replied.  He nods, and says he's going to go in the other room. "How have you been?" She asked, so excited. "I'm good Cayla. I'm sorry I haven't been able to call you back. It's been pretty complicated." Boy was I right.

She carried on the conversation. Telling me about her parents, her masquerade themed party, and that she was happy Chris Cambridge was single. I laughed at that part, peeking in the living room. "You know how much I love him."

I smiled, "I do."

 Chris was looking at something on his phone when I got an idea. "Hold on Cayla." I put my phone down and took Chris's out of his hand. "Elliot what are you doing?"

 I held his phone behind my back, trying to get his attention.  He attacked me in a hug, cornering me up against the wall. My chest was against his still shirtless one.

"Will you do me a huge favor?"

Gosh Chris had muscles; I could his nice tan abs. He was giving me a seductive look, "What is it?" he said in a deep voice. For a second I had the urge to kiss him. He was looking at me like he wanted it too, which threw me off. I move under his arm and out of the way. Chris didn't want me. Not when I'm partly hung up on another man that I just saw today.

"You know Cayla, Will's sister? Well she absolutely loves you, and it's her birthday in about two days. I'll love you forever if you come with me as my plus one."

He steps back, facing me. "Elliot I don't know. I can't just—"Please," I begged. "Just this once,  Please come with me."

He sighs, "When do we leave?" 

I scream and hug him. "She's going to be so happy." I run back to the kitchen and tell Cayla I'll be there with a date. She screams in the phone about how excited she was.

 "I would tell Will, but he's gone." I stop.

The mention of his name reminded me that he noticed me. That he recognized me as Elliot so quick and I ran away, scared he that he would recognize something else to.  He was so calm, not like other people who would run into me. He faced me like he's seen me before, but I would have none if he saw beneath me. I would recognize the betrayal in his eyes, because I looked at Denis like that.

The look I did see was hard to believe. He looked at me like he was amazed and slightly attracted. Confusion and Anger was running through my mind those whole five minutes, I could have been just picturing it. I made a note in my head that I when I go back, I need to stay away from him. I can't live in his house anymore. It's too risky.

"Where did he go?" I asked, even though I knew the answer.

"L.A. He was going to take India with him, but decided to go alone. I think they're going to break up." I almost miss a step, trying to go up the stairs. "What?" The feeling of joy rushed through me, which made me feel bad.

Ever since I left him, the first day was hard.

I was so used to him, waking up and seeing him in the kitchen. The feeling was always crushed when he was followed by India, but it got better when he would take me out riding. We were alone. He wasn't so guarded and far away from me when he was riding. He was himself, and that is what I liked. At first it was just attraction, a weird attraction to a guy that gave me more than I deserved, but I know now that it's more than that. I didn't want it to be at first, because I knew of the risk with lying to him would hurt us both. But I couldn't help the voice in the back of my head that became present every time I see him. It was telling me to care for him, because he needed someone who will, as much as I did.

"Yeah they've been fighting a lot. We went over our parents' house and she got jealous, because about Will's friend Peter. They we're talking about his wife Michelle. Michelle is a beautiful black woman like you. Peter has been telling Will that he needs to branch out and try different woman. That he never knows, he may like chocolate in his milk or some gross shit like that," I laugh, because his friend was hilarious. I needed to meet him. I walk aimlessly around still on the phone with Cayla.

When I walk past Chris's room, I stop when I see him walk out his closet naked. "Oh My Goodness!" I yell.

Chris jumps and looks at me crazy. I shush him, to not yell at me just yet. "What? Logan are you okay?" Cayla asked, suddenly concerned. She would have died over the view I just saw of Chris. He has a nice front and back. "Oh yeah...I just stubbed my toe. I think it's broken, I'm going to have to call you back."  I hung up before she can reply. "This is what Quinn is missing? Damn." I teased him. Chris shakes his head, frowning at me. "That's not funny." I slap his bare ass when he walks by me. "I'm sorry."

~~~

                "How is this exactly supposed to work?" Chris asked me.

I was sitting on the edge of the bed as he was leaning up against his head broad. "I'm going to stay here, because I honestly don't want to go home to my lying family."

 Chris looks at me, "I don't think you should do that."

I frown, "Then what should I do?"

He shrugs, "At least go back to inform them that we're leaving. I don't have any events until the Smith Gala, so I'm free." I groan at how in control he was of his schedule and life. "I envy your control. I feel like I don't have control over anything."

He gives me a sincere look. "Come here, Eli." He motions me to sit next to him. I do, moving closer. He was clothed, and wearing a t-shirt and sweats. He's silent when I look at him. "If I didn't know better, I would think you're trying to kiss me." I teased. He looked at me and then laughed. "No, I wasn't. I was just trying to—"It's okay Chris. Everyone wants to do it once in a while." I get up from the bed and go downstairs. "Where are you going?" He yelled. I grab my keys. "I'm going to do what you said, and hope that their actually not home and I can go in to pack by myself."

I drive back home and surprised that no one was back. I go inside and upstairs to my room. I hear Carmen shuffling around her's. "She's not home yet. No I don't know where she went or what... I didn't say anything. She wouldn't give me the chance...Yes I know, but she needs to know...I don't think I can wait until you get back...Fine." She hangs up and I quietly try to pack my things.

I didn't wanna stay for this. I didn't wanna know anymore. I was done. I'm leaving with Chris and hope that Carmen doesn't follow me.

I pack some clothes and hope that I'll have time to secretly go shopping with Chris to get outfits. I had one that said mysterious and sexy, but I wore it to one of Chris's fashion shows. Wearing it would be like putting on my forehead that I was Elliot Roberts, and not Logan. I threw in some undergarments and hoped that the weather wasn't bad. It's Oklahoma, anything could happen. I stuff things in a suite case and I hope I can sneak out without being patronized. I go the kitchen quietly, leaving an actual note.

I left. Please don't book anymore gigs for until I get back, because I'm not coming back anytime soon. Don't worry about where I went and why. I'm taking control of my life, since no one wants to tell me anything; I decided to reciprocate exactly that.

Sincerely, Elliot

I was probably going to get in huge trouble, but who cares

~~~

I drive back to Chris's house and he left the door open. "I could have been a robber." I said as I found him in the kitchen. He laughs, "But you're not. Please tell me Oklahoma has nice weather."  I give him a funny face, "We'll be lucky if it's nice out of the whole week. Remember when we get there, you have to call me Logan when we're around them. We're going to get a hotel, that's what I'm looking for now." I search for places until a short notice.

"I thought we would stay with your grandpa—"No. You can't go near them, they've had enough hiding one star, unless you wanna go undercover too with me, then we can't stay. Do you wanna get one under Logan, or under yours?" He opens a bag of pretzels. "Mine, so we can get somewhere nice. How are you supposed to explain how I just magically became your date and showed up at her party?"

"I'm going to tell her that I contacted you on Twitter and I oh so happened to be a lucky fan who you responded to and agreed to accompany me to her party." He looked at me like I was crazy. "Do you really think she and everyone is going to believe that?"

 I shrug, "They may, but who cares, they won't about that when you are there." He shakes his head, "You are lucky I care about enough to do this." I come around the counter and hug him. He returns my hug, squeezing my butt. I jump, out of his arms. "Oh my gosh, get off." I laugh, surprised he would so that. "That's for earlier."

~~~

                I woke up the next day, confused about where I was at first. I turn over and recognize that I'm in Chris's bed, but Chris isn't here. I sit up and look around.

 "Get up superstar; we got a plane to catch." Chris says as he opens the door.

 I rub the sleep out of my eyes, "Did you sleep in here with me?" I don't have a hangover, so I don't know why I didn't remember going to sleep. "I slept in my guest room, because you dozed off talking about Will in my room and it was late. Like twelve o' clock late. I didn't want to disturb you."

I pull my legs over the bed, "I'm sorry. Okay, let me wash up and I'll be ready."

 I look at him and see he's already dressed. He was wearing capris and vibrant red shirt. "What time is it?"

Chris looks at his watch, "Eleven, but we'll be on the plane for the next three hours. I have my driver coming to get us so we can get on my jet."

 I smiled at him, "Look at you, why are you so happy about going now?"

He shrugs, "This could be fun, now come on."

                I put on my belt and tie my hair up in a bun. I fix my black shirt and strap on my shoes. Everything was ready; I just had to put in my brown contacts. I stood in bathroom, leaning on the sink and trying to concentrate. I get them in and blink. I dab on some light lipstick and leave the room. "Alright I'm ready." Chris turns around from being on the phone and stops. "Wow, do your eyes always look so—"No I put in my contacts." He laughs, "Oh well, let's go."

                We get in the car and it drives up to where Chris's jet is. I make sure my Logan phone is charge and dispose of mine in the bottom of my bed. I put it on airplane mode.

"You look so weirdly different."

I had washed my hair so it could curl, and my brown contacts made me look the part. "Let's just try and keep a low profile. I don't need your face being all over the internet with some 'mystery girl' by your side." Chris laughs, "Alright Elliot." I stared out the window, "Oh and when we land, start calling me Logan." He gives me a thumbs up, "Yes ma'am." I hit him and he laughs.

                I look at Chris as he peacefully was sleeping on the plane. I was too worried and scared of what could happen to sleep. I don't think I was ready to face Will, nor was I ready to explain anything to Cayla. I knew eventually I would have to, but I hope when that when the time comes, I had already revealed myself to them and it wouldn't be so bad. I hoped that maybe things would work out, that maybe something will happen and I will force myself to stop being interested in Will.

Because I knew once I saw him that things wouldn't be the same. My feelings for him were real, and I knew that. However he didn't know, he probably wasn't even interested back. I couldn't get involved to begin with. Will and I lived two different lives. He was a business owner; he was probably never going to leave his family and his home, just for another girl who lied to him. He is better off with India. And as much as that made me upset, it had to be true.

I lay my head down and try to sleep, but thoughts of Will continued to roam through my mind for the next few hours.

~~~

                The sun was shining as we reached Oklahoma. I shook Chris awake and he opens his eyes. "Rise and Shine, honey. We're here." His attendant offers to take our trash and food. "Have a wonderful time Mr. Cambridge." She nods to me, "Ms. Roberts." I thank her and grab my things off of the plane.

We get into a rental car, which will drive us to the hotel we're staying at. "Once we get there, can I drive everywhere else now?" Chris looks at me, "You suck at driving Eli." I fake gasp. "No I do not. I drive very well. Just wait, you'll see." He playfully rolls his eyes at me. "Whatever."

                His driver takes us to the hotel. When we enter, I leave his side as he checks us in. When he's done he grabs my elbow. "Come on, girl." I yank my elbow from his arm and grab my bags. We step in the elevator and I pray no one will stop and join us. I was nervous like no other. "Why are your hands so sweaty?" Chris asked. He held my hand; I don't even remember grabbing his though. "I don't know." I run my hand on my jeans.

We go to the very top and I shake my head. "What fucking hotel did you get?" The elevator opens and he opens the room with a key. We go inside and it was like a loft. "Chris, oh my goodness." I was playing the part of a regular person, being in a big place like this wasn't helping. "What? Just because You have to be Logan, doesn't mean you can't live like the star you are, Eli." I roll my eyes, "I'm going to unpack. When I'm done, I'm going to take you out to a small little place Cayla took me to once. I want to show you around Oklahoma." He laughs, "Alright." I pick one of the rooms and start to put my things away.

~~~

                Will

            "What time are you leaving California?" Carmen had asked me. She had burst in my hotel room after I had just taken a shower. I was running a little late to my meeting. I was the boss, so I wasn't really bothered. "Tomorrow at six, why?" I tied my tie and let her in. "Because I need to go with you." I look at her confused, "I'm sure you can join me, but why are you leaving in such a hurry? I thought you and your family we're doing good?" She sighs, sitting on my bed. "We are. There is someone that I need to see. " I lace my shoes and straighten my suit. "You look spiffy, where are you going?" She said, changing the subject. "A meeting, I'm going to meet with my contractor and check on my building being made out here." Carmen nods, "I am so proud of you Will. Mara would have been proud too." She meets my eye in the mirror. "Will can I ask you something?"

"Anything, Carmen."

                "Are you interested in Logan?"

I turn and look at her, "Carmen...why would you ask me that?"

Ever since Logan left, it's like dropped she off the face of the earth. I was interested in Logan. I didn't know it until after she left, because of India. I knew I was only putting up fight for her, because I liked her. And I think India knew it too, that is why she was so persistent about being with me and getting rid of Logan. I was giving myself excuses to deny my feelings, but I couldn't anymore. Seeing Elliot Roberts was like a reminder. For some reason, when I touched her, she felt like just Logan.

 "Will, I saw the way you looked at her, and I saw the way she looked at you. Logan has been through a lot. I don't know if she'll ever tell you, but when she does, you can't be mad at her for keeping it from you. She's as fragile as you are, but that's only because of me and my doings."  

"Carmen I honestly don't know. I can't be with Logan if I wanted to. I love India." Carmen stands up and comes behind me. "Trust your heart, darling," She wipes off my shoulders. "It may tell you what your head doesn't know. Or what you want to hide." She kisses my cheek and leaves the room. I stare at myself in the mirror one last time before I leave.

As I'm driving, I enter the building and see the contractor, designer, and my assistant there. We sit down and start the meeting.  "I'm sorry I ran a little late. Approach ideas and Hana, please get my coffee and purchase another ticket to Oklahoma for the same time tomorrow." Hana, my assistant, writes my request down. "On it Mr. Harrison." I nod thank you to her and we begin. I couldn't get distracted.

I hope this chapter wasn't boring. How do you think this is going to end?

Do you think Chris likes Elliot?

Do you think something crazy is going to happen when Will finds out that Elliot is there?

Do you think Will is going to break up with India?

Do you think Carmen is finally going to tell Elliot when she sees her?

Don't Forget to Comment, Share, and vote for this story. :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 2.3K 42
Diana Thompson hides behind a capable facade. One that's also strict and a little coarse. In reality, she's frightened, all of it is something she us...
788 122 42
You know that one town where nothing bad ever happens? Well, after a tragedy hits it can only go downhill from there. Madison Banks knows that better...
336K 15.2K 26
"She was the healing to my bruises. And for that, Tamra Remway was my silver lining." Tamra never thought she'd become so involved into being Ben Sut...
124K 4.3K 93
Katherine Reynolds and Erik Jones couldn't be any more different. White/black, Upper class/lower class, sweet and innocent/dangerous and corrupt. Th...