Back to the shadows | Dean Wi...

By courtneybunny2

Book two in that back to you series. Read book one, "Back to believing", if you don't none of this is going t... More

Cast & Playlist
Chapter 1: I'll chase you out of the yard with a shotgun
Chapter 3: I've always wanted to hunt down pennywise
Chapter 4: What's so weird about evil, invisible, killer clowns
Chapter 5: Damn you, Sam
Chapter 6: You really think you can kill me
Chapter 7: I really don't feel like hiding bodies
Chapter 8: Pretty, living, not dead, plants
Chapter 9: Probably
Chapter 10: We're supposed to be stalking
Chapter 11: I'll just stick with the boring job
Chapter 12: Are you sure
Chapter 13: When we're burning in hell together
Chapter 14: On this segment of I regret my life
Chapter 15: We're already wanted for murder
Chapter 16: I think he does
Chapter 17: We love summoning demons
Chapter 18: Before something bad happens
Chapter 19: Who has time to murder a town full of people
Chapter 20: Get on your side of the road, man
Chapter 21: I wanna blow shit up
Chapter 22: Super scary threat
Chapter 23: Get over it
Chapter 24: I need coffee
Chapter 25: They are
Chapter 26: What now
Chapter 27: But what do I get
Chapter 28: Except that part
Chapter 29: You were smarter than that
Chapter 30: We got a lot of problems
Chapter 31: Lets dig up a dead body
Chapter 32: Maybe there is
Chapter 33: Go do our SpongeBob seance
Chapter 34: You were sadly mistaken
Chapter 35: I never will
Chapter 36: Just kill me
Chapter 37: Quit yelling at each other
Chapter 38: Psychotic break down is always an option
Chapter 39: Its shitty here
Chapter 40: A hell of a lot
Chapter 41: You have no friends
Chapter 42: Here we go
Chapter 43: I don't need help
Chapter 44: We are better than them
Chapter 45: I know the feeling
Chapter 46: Have fun
Chapter 47: Shut up
Chapter 48: Patiently
Chapter 49: Our big break
Chapter 50: Yes we are
Chapter 51: I'd love to
Chapter 52: You got any popcorn
Chapter 53: We've noticed
Chapter 54: Name your price
Chapter 55: The sky
Chapter 56: I can fix it
Chapter 57: I was right
Chapter 58: Bring it on
A/N

Chapter 2: Like anyone would invite you

1K 32 15
By courtneybunny2

In my time of dying 2

Alexis left her old house and went to see Missouri. The two talked, but Missouri couldn't tell her anything she didn't already know. Missouri did tell her that she had a feeling thing's were going to get bad for Alexis soon.

Now, she walks into the hospital and towards John's room, knowing that probably where Sam was. She saw glass shattered on the floor and a puddle of water. She rolls her eyes. "Really?" She asks. Then she could've sworn she saw a blurry Dean drop to his knees.

"Oh, god." She mutters, dropping the books on the foot of John's bed and taking off down the hall toward Dean's room.

"Alex, what is it?" Sam asks, running after her.

The two stand in the doorway, tears in their eyes as they watch the doctors try to bring Dean back.

"Clear." They would yell every once in a while. Alexis wasn't really listening, she couldn't hear anything else as she prays Dean makes it.

Then she saw something hovering over Deans body. She felt something brush her shoulder and she looks over. She saw Dean rush to his body and start to fight the spirit thing above him. Then the thing turned to the door and left.

"Holy shit." Alexis mutters in disbelief.

"We have a pulse. We're back in sinus rhythm." A nurse says.

Sam and Alexis sigh in relief.

"Sam, we need to talk." Alexis grabs his arm and drags him down the hall.

~~~

"Sam, I saw him. I saw this ghost...thing over his body. It was killing him, but Dean stopped it." Alexis crosses her arms over her chest.

"I think you might be right. The cup just flew of the table earlier. So, you can see him, and hear him?"

"Sometimes. But when I can't, I feel his presence. Like, he's not here right now. At all. He must be somewhere else in the hospital."

~~~

Sam and Alexis stood outside the doorway of Deans room, starring at him. Making sure he didn't almost die again. Alexis sighs when she feels Dean's presences.

"He's here." She mutters.

"I'm....going....anywhere." She heard some of what Dean was saying.

"Dean...?" She calls out quietly.

"Lexi, you can hear me?" Dean asks. She didn't hear him that time. "Can you see me?" He moves to stand in front of her. She felt something warm on her upper arm.

Alexis heard one more thing before Dean's presence disappeared. "I can kill it."

~~~

"What do you mean you 'felt something'?" John asks both Sam and Alexis.

"I mean it felt like--like Dean." Sam shrugs. "Like he was there, just out of eye-shot or something. I don't know if its my psychic thing or what. But do you think its possible? Do you think his spirit could be around."

Alexis paces the floor at the foot of the bed. "Are you people not listening? I can hear him. I can see him. I seen him. He's here."

"Anything's possible." John nods his head.

"No shit Sherlock." Alexis taps her fingers against her thigh.

"Well, there's one way to find out." Sam says. Alexis walks out the door as Sam starts that way too. She heard John call out to Sam, but she kept walking. She would meet Sam at the car.

~~~

Alexis stood in front of the bathroom mirror. She was getting ready to go with Sam to pick up a spirit board, but she needed a minute. She met her own hazel eyes in the mirror.

She had a few small cuts on her face, and a line if stitches going down the side of her face. Her arms were lined with shallow cuts from the glass that shattered. She has dark circles under her eyes.

Alexis has no clue what was going on with her. Why she could see, hear, and sense the thing's she could. Tears fill her eyes. "Get it together." She hisses at herself.

She was also confused because she had felt someone watching her today. She's felt like that for a while, it would be on and off. Maybe she was going insane, but she knew someone was watching her. She felt their eyes.

She shook her head, clearing her head.

~~~

Sam and Alexis walk into Dean's hospital room. Sam sighs as he stands at his brother's bedside.

"Hey, asshole," Alexis says, knowing Dean was in the room. "you still ain't woke up?" Really Alexis was just trying to mask the pain and doubt that she feels. Alexis felt hopeless. Why couldn't she always see and hear him? That would make thing's so much easier.

"Hey, I think maybe you're around. And if you are...you'll make fun of me and Alex for this. But, um, there's one way we can talk." Sam pulls out the spirit board.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." Dean crosses his arms over his chest. No one heard him.

Sam and Alexis make their way to the middle of the floor. Sam sits down on the floor.

Alexis huffs. "We couldn't have gotten a table or something?" She awkwardly tries to lower herself to the floor. Eventually she gets it, she sits with one leg under the other. Her other leg was stretched out in front of her because of her knee brace. "Stupid brace." She mutters.

"Dean?" Sam asks as he sets the board down. "Dean, are you here?"

"Dean, get over yourself." Alexis rolls her eyes. "Come on, please. Talk to us."

"God, I feel like I'm at a slumber party." Dean sits down on the floor. Alexis smiles as she hears that.

"Like anyone would invite you to one." She says as she feels Dean sit beside her.

"Alright, this isn't gonna work." Dean warns them, but nothing. Dean sets his fingers on the triangle where Sam and Alexis already had their's. He moves it toward the 'yes' spot on the board.

Sam gasps as it starts to move.

"Holy shit." Alexis breaths out.

"I'll be damned." Dean mutters.

"Oh, its good to hear from you, man. It hasn't been the same without you." Sam sighs.

"Damn straight." Dean replies.

"Don't get all egotistical." Alexis smiles when Dean's words fill her head.

"Dean, what?" Sam asks as the triangle starts to move again.

"H....u...n..." Alexis says as it moves from letter to letter.

"Hunt? What, hunting or-? Are you hunting?" Sam asks. It moves to yes.

"Its here. In the hospital, what you're hunting? Do you know what the hell it is?" Alexis asks.

"One question at a time, sweetheart." Dean shrugs.

"What is it?" Sam asks as it moves to the R then the E.

"I think its killing people." Dean starts. "I think it taking them. You know, when...when their time's just up."

"A reaper?" Sam asks when Dean spells out the rest of the word.

"Sam, I think Dean said its killing people, taking 'em. The connection's kinda funky but I heard enough." Alexis says.

"Dean...is it after you?" Sam asks. Alexis didn't want to know the answer.

Tear fill her eye as it moves to 'yes'. Alexis scoffs. "The hell it is." She goes to stand. "Fucking bitch." She mutters when she realizes she can't get up on her own.

"If its here naturally....there's no way to stop it." Sam explains.

"Yeah, you can't kill death." Dean says.

"Screw that," Alexis finally figures out a way to get up. Pain flare through her knee for a second, but then dulls. "this thing ain't gettin' him. I will kill death itself if I have too."

"Did you not just hear me?" Dean looks up at her.

"Man, you're-"

"I'm screwed, Sam."

Alexis looks over and she barely sees Dean. "No, you're not, Dean. I'm gonna fix this."

"No, no, no, no, no. There's gotta be a way." Sam stands up. The two walk out of the door.

~~~

Sam and Alexis walk into John's room, but he was gone.

"Dad." Sam says.

~~~

Sam and Alexis walk into Dean's room, Sam sits on the edge of Deans bed and Alexis walks around it to the window.

"Hey, so dad wasn't in his room." Sam tells Dean.

"Where is he?"

"But we got dad journal, so who knows? Maybe there's something in here." Sam continues, flipping through the pages.

"Thanks for not giving up on me, Sammy. You too, Lexi. Thank you." Dean leans over Sam's shoulder as he reads the page on reapers. "Son of a bitch." He mutters before taking off.

~~~

"Dean, are you here?" Sam asks.

She didn't think Dean was here, but she wasn't gonna tell Sam. Alexis taps her fingers against her thigh as her heart beat picked up. She rolls her eyes. Not another spell, she thinks to herself.

"I couldn't find anything in the book." Sam continues. "I don't know how to help you. But I'll keep trying, alright? As long as you keep fighting. I mean, come on. You can't leave me alone with dad. We'll kill each other. You know that. Alex won't do anything to stop it. She'd be to busy mourning the death of her fake husband." Sam chuckles. "Dean, you gotta hold on. You can't go, man. Not now. We were just starting to be brother's again. Can you hear me?"

A tear slips down Alexis' cheek. She would do anything to fix this. Her mom's stupid book didn't help. That was just another book of riddles and symbols Alexis knew nothing about. Alexis was desperate, but she didn't know what to do.

~~~

Sam and Alexis stand there for a few minutes, watching Dean and brainstorming.

The Dean gasps awake. "Dean." Sam says. "Help! I need help!" Sam yells.

Alexis takes off running down the hall, grabbing the nearest doctor.

~~~

"I can't explain it.The edema's vanished, the internal contusion are healed. You're vitals are good. You gotta have some kind of angel watching over you." The doctor tells Sam, Dean, and Alexis.

"Thanks doc." Dean nods. "You said a reaper was after me?" Dean turns to Sam and Alexis.

"Yeah." Sam replies.

"How'd I ditch it?"

"No clue, but you're back. That's all that matters." Alexis smiles at him, ignoring the feeling of dread.

"You really don't remember anything?" Sam asks.

"No. Except this pit in my stomach. Sam, Lex, something's wrong."

Alexis sighs. "Why?" She mutters. A knock at the door grabs their attention.

"How ya feeling, dude?" John asks.

"Fine, I guess. I'm alive."

"That's what matters."

"Where were you last night?" Sam asks.

"I had some thing's to take care of."

Sam nods. "Well, that's specific."

"Come on, Sam." Dean complains.

"Did you go after the demon?" Sam asks.

"No."

"Why don't I believe you right now?"

Alexis taps her fingers against her thigh. She knew something was off with John. Dean sighs. Alexis reaches out and takes his hand in hers.

"Can we not fight?" John asks. "Half the time I don't know what we're fighting about. We're just butting heads. Sammy, I've-I've made some mistakes. But I've always done the best I could. I just don't wanna fight anymore, okay?"

"Dad, are you alright?" Sam questions. Something was wrong. Alexis knew it.

John smiles. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm just a little tired. Hey, Sammy, would you mind.....? Do you mind getting me a cup of caffeine?"

"Yeah, yeah, sure." Sam walks off.

"Alex, you wanna give us minute?" John suggests, nodding to Dean. Alexis hesitantly nods her head.

"I'll be back. Okay?" She says to Dean before leaning down and pressing a kiss to his cheek.

As Alexis passes the door John pulls her into a hug. "You're not as bad as I thought you were. Take care of my boys for me." He whispers to her. Alexis was still for a second, shocked. She nods her head slightly.

"Thanks...I guess. And of course." She whispers back before pulls away and walking out.

Alexis couldn't shake the bad feeling filling her entire being. Something was going to go wrong.

~~~

Alexis passes John in the hallway.

"Alex, I'm serious. Watch out for my boys." He tells her.

"John, you don't have to tell me. I'll do everything I can to keep 'em safe. Make sure they don't get themselves killed."

"Good." John walks off.

Alexis taps her finger against her thigh.

"Dean, what's wrong?" She asks as she walks in.

His eyes meet hers. "Nothin'. I'm good."

Alexis knew he was lying, but she didn't push it. Instead she just sat on the edge of his bed and took his hand in hers.

The Alexis felt it. She felt someone die. Alexis gasp.

~~~

Sam and Alexis had helped Dean to the room where the doctors were trying to revive John.

A nurse tried to tell them to back away, but Dean insisted they stayed because that was their father.

"Time of death, 10:41 a.m." The doctor states.

A/N: So, that marks the end of episode one. What did you think? Also, I know I said I was going to update every Friday or Saturday but I got impatient since I finished it so quickly. So, I decided to post this one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 794 68
"You came back." I whispered, gripping him tight. "You're here." "I'm here." He whispered back, lips brushing my shoulders as his arms wound around m...
109K 5.4K 50
**Set in Season 10** **IT IS VITAL YOU READ BOOK 1 [ROGUE] FIRST** Josette Winchester got a taste of what her life would have been had she not ru...
46.5K 995 25
Alexis Hart or Smith, as she prefers, grew up learning to hunt the things that go bump in the night. It was her life. She was taught it was the only...
13.2K 434 47
At the end of yet another successful hunt, Sam and Dean Winchester are gifted a very unexpected call for help from their beloved angel, Castiel. The...