err0r oneshots

By namescape

Y know The tittle Just a bunch of err0r one-shots and stories because I can They're mostly stories but somet... More

Daycare
Prophet
Psychiatric
True Judgment
Log 90
Flowerbed
Truce.
Recovery
The Brave, The Bold, and the Fool
What is Mine
"New Life"
Taken in
A LOVEly pair
Something Well Deserved
Little Ducklings
POW
VOID
BACK DEMON!!
Our Home
Child's Play
She missed
ittybitty
Ruins
Imagery
Happy
Heaven
TW: Panic Attack
SOUL
REST
Possession
Perfect
Star Pupil
ANTI-VOID
Missing
Grieving
Sacrifices
Sacrifies ll
Sacrifices |||
Safe
Hug
HAPPY (maybe) BIRTHDAY
Nom nom
Cooking

Siblings

585 19 0
By namescape

[ Time is an illusion ]

— — —

A 2 story house stood near the outside corner of the neighborhood it was located in, its blue outer walls shone in the sun's rays despite the trees that  covered it. The front yard was nicely cut and the darker shade colored shutters near the closed windows fitted the house. The inside was luscious and neat. Most of the furniture was white and clean showing no evil or bias towards anyone who lived there. Inside the house an open kitchen to the far left from the entrance with the living room being dead center. There were steps leading to a split walkway to the second floor. Well, more like the second floor had 2 rooms. But the first floor took up a lot of space, the living room extending to an open space further into the house leading to a back door and a small backyard and to another room. To the left were stairs that lead to the basement which was huge. As big as the house itself. A family lived there. A mother and her 2 sons, who were both greatly different. One preferred the childlike things like any child while the other was more reserved. They were best friends living under the same house. The more active one never left out their sibling in any activities, and the sibling followed.

Now their mother...

She was a true manipulator and had favorites.

The more outgoing child was her most adored. She showered him with love and affection all the time, she had the money so as long as she lived, she would give he world for her youngest.

Now the other...

Most would say she's being a bad person nonetheless parent. And she wouldn't deny it.

She hated that mistake more than anything. She did the bare minimum to keep that thing alive, and when her precious  wanted the thing to play with him, she would obliged. Her little one deserved the world.

Now they weren't born naturally, 74+3 was a known scientist, taking an interest in astronomy but the world of science swept her away. She had a hand in creating these small skeletons. The world was in a decline of newborns as wars raged around the globe, corruption and famine plagued countries as more stable countries sat in their air conditioned chairs watching the world crumble. World leaders were most to blame and they did nothing great for their country, too caught up in their own privileges.

The science team has been trying, for weeks, months even, to find some way to produce children as humanly as possible. They tried a multitude of tests before one scientist, a skeleton Monster, chose to use his own dust to make a living being. The first, being the disappointment, was the first successful one of the 2.

The team was filled with joy and took to immediately seeing if it could actually live as a normal being. Unfortunately a chemical accident happened, causing the small skeleton to be involved in an explosion making its bones a charred black color and some to be inverted or drastically different colors. Due to this, his bones were constantly shaking and his HP was heavily decreased but he was still taken care of. Another test by the same skeleton was tried and they got another skeleton out of it. He was very different from the first. Possibly due to the increased HP and not having not been involved in any accidents. But his creation was also inaccurate to a normal skeleton, not even a Monster, body.

He lacked a SOUL.

His bones were in peak condition once taken out of the tube where he grew, but once he exited the vessel his SOUL began to break. They tried to fix it or pull the cracked pieces together, getting him back in the tube and filling it with healing magic, anything! But it was futile as once the alarm sounded and the healing substance was integrated into liquid, the SOUL broke and dusted away. The lab stood in silence after the quiet yet loudest sounding echoed through the minds of all the scientists.

The skeleton still stayed in tact. His bones in tact and the sockets still closed. Usually the Monster dusts before the SOUL follows after but, it isn't common for the SOUL to break and then the physical body to dust. The scientist were afraid to pick up the body as if one touch would break it like porcelain. Healing liquid quickly filled the tube as the skeleton rose with the water.

After the initial shock that was witnessing a Monster's SOUL shatter and watching as the small skeleton came to motion despite no longer having the one thing that made up Monsters. The skeleton had no emotion on his face just looking around at the scientists as they examined the smaller.

Both subjects were put in the same room and quickly grew close. They seemed inseparable, always talking to each other with their limited vocabulary in between tests. The second skeleton took to learning from the first both in knowledge and emotion wise. The 2 seemed to have created a familial bond with one another, connecting the first's SOUL to the other's somehow. The second showed more emotions and less of a desire to follow the rules of the lab, wanting to be next to or close to the first. 74+3 heavily observed the second test and created a bond between the 2 of them. Two had a likeness to the doctors while One was more wary, already showing their differences. 74+3 volunteered to take care of the second skeleton once they were fit enough save for yearly checkups, maybe twice a year for the first subject. But she was persuaded to take the other, despite her distaste towards it.

She named the second Ink after his love for art, he did paint on the walls and wasn't fancy of white places but she loved his expression. She could always find work arounds and clean up after.

And Error was the first. She did the bare minimum. Scientists had many disagreements causing progress to be stalled and she personally didn't think the older could survive. Nonetheless in the real world. A Mistake. Especially since he was the first. The first tests don't work out the first time. She doesn't think she should bother taking care of him but with her having guests often to check up on the 2, she had to show some Mercy. Even if she didn't want to.

Error barely knew how to speak. He was less developed and didn't do well with interactions outside of speaking with Ink. He wasn't comfortable with 74+3 as he could feel her hatred towards him. And if it wasn't obvious, his 'room' was a small storage room near the basement. He didn't mind the limited space, but at times the space got to him. Especially when compared to the spacious house they lived in. He saw Ink's room and the other empty rooms and did wonder why he couldn't have one. But with his lack of words he couldn't really ask anything. Doesn't mean he has his own opinions and arguments.

Ink himself was a free SOUL if you want to put it that way. He had little to no worries, also due to 74+3 spoiling him.

He really liked Error talking to him a lot as he learned new things and participated in activities. He wasn't really good at teaching Error, but the other seemed to learn and catch up with the other's speech. But he seemed to just listen. Maybe a preference.

They lived peacefully. As peacefully as an abused child with an oblivious sibling and sorry excuse of a parent can live.

Emergency vehicles surrounded the multi-story house during the late hours of the day. A few officers and firemen along with paramedics stood outside while most of them were inside the house. Whatever happened seemed bad.

Inside the once peaceful house, it looked like a crime scene. Officers were walking around on every story of the house while a few paramedics and officers were kneeling in front of a small skeleton and in another room was the mother of the skeleton. The officers interrogated both suspects, mostly going hard on the scientist turned parent. She was being accused of child abuse by a neighbor after all.

"Do you have any siblings?" a female officer asked, kneeling down to the smaller's height seated on the couch. Another officer next to her, taking down notes as others stood at the ready.

"Yes!" Ink replied, the officers looked cool in their clothes and he even has one of their hats on his skull. They seemed nice. Now his response was met with odd looks. When they entered, they only saw 1 child and all the other rooms were vacant.
"Do you know where your brother or sister is?"

"mmm...No...74+3 knows!"

"Okay, we'll be sure to ask her. Now..."

The search led to nothing. The kid was happy with his parent and it didn't seem like the mother had any vendetta against the child that may be the case of manipulation. As for the skeleton's 'brother' , apparently it was the child's imaginary brother. Because he was an only child he tended to be alone whenever she went to work, so he came up with an imaginary brother. Apologizing for the intrusion the officers left the building and got information from other officers who had also been interrogated.

"Why didn't Error get asked questions?"

̶"̶W̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶E̶r̶r̶o̶r̶"̶

"But I told them"

̶"̶W̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶"̶

"...Who's Error?" Turning around, a single officer stood coming out of the kitchen. He seemed to have heard the two's conversation.

̶"̶O̶h̶,̶ ̶J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶m̶a̶g̶i̶n̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶L̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶e̶l̶y̶"̶ ̶ 74+3 cursed internally, this officer was technically trespassing now.

"No Error's downstairs! He likes playing down there!" Ink spoke up. He has a brother and that's Error! He's not real because he's given the other hugs multiple times! Even if the other doesn't seem to like hugs.

"...Do you know where Error is?" The officer muttered something into in radio, signaling the officers outside of something

"I think so..."

̶"̶A̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶r̶e̶s̶p̶a̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶?̶"̶ Just... LEAVE already.

"Well, no ma'am as this was the investigation place. I'd actually like to see Error" The officer winked at 74+3 looking at Ink. His excuse seemed to be 'playing along with Ink's imaginary sibling.

̶"̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶E̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶k̶i̶d̶"̶

"Well you can join us" Looking expectantly at Ink, the kid smiled and made his way towards the basement. The front door was still open and few officers entered. Frustrating 74+3 even more, but she kept her cool and followed Ink. He never did know where the other's room was. He was fast asleep when she did return him to his room.

Ink walked down the steps to the basement, worrying 74+3 just a bit, and passed into the basement. The basement was large like the living room above with 3 couches against the right wall and a separate room for the laundry. There was a pool and small hockey table at the far end of the room. Nothing out of the ordinary. "I think he sleeps here. We play here a lot and he seemed to like it!"

The officer looked around the room, nothing out of place. One took to looking in the laundry room while the first officer looked down at Ink. "Well tell him I said 'Hi' I'd like to talk with him one day"

"Okay!"

The officer nodded and began to leave. That was until another officer, who was standing behind them noticed a slight discoloration under the stairs. The stairs themselves came down on the left side, leaving a door that 74+3 had said had nothing but baby clothes from when Ink was little. They didn't bother to look inside after getting a peek, but underneath the stairs were a few planks that seemed to be...odd. "Sir" the officer alerted the first one who seemed to be the chief of the squad. "Wanna take another look at this for me?"

The chief walked over and observed the difference in coloring as pointed out by the officer. "You seem to have a slight discoloration here ma'am"

"̶Y̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶...̶"̶

"Nervous ma'am?"

̶"̶A̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶?̶"

"No ma'am, but you might wanna get this checked" He knocked on the discolored wood "could cause the stairs to cave in" before tilting his hat and motioning for the officers to leave.

— § —

Ink and Error were playing again. 74+3 didn't like the 2 playing with each other but her youngest deserved it. She did send a babysitter over to watch him. She did tell the other that Ink liked to play in the basement with his imaginary friend so they could watch him or just stay alert.

The sitter chose the latter option. Who wouldn't?

In the basement, Error was looking for Ink. The latter had suggested hide-&-seek and chose to hide. They agreed to stay in the basement but Error couldn't find the other. He began to have doubts about Ink agreeing to stay in the basement and hesitantly looked up the stairs. He's been allowed upstairs but nothing good comes out of it. Sure Ink is fun to play with, the only other person he plays with really, but there's always 74+3  watching them. And she's terrifying to the small child. He looked around the basement for the fourth time before coming back to the stairs. He hesitantly went up the stairs, taking step by step looking back after every step. Hoping that Ink would appear and scare him despite him not wanting to be scared. Eventually he made his way up to the living room. Cautiously looking around he didn't see Ink or 74+3. Only a stranger sitting on the couch watching the big screen, Ink calls it a TV.

He silently looked around, trying to be as quiet as he could while making his way around the house, looking around to see if Ink was near. He looked to the second floor and at the stairs that lead up there. He's heard how creaky they are and wouldn't want to risk it, but Ink could be hiding up there.

"Who are you?"

Pulling his shoulders near his neck, he looked behind him to see the sitter, still sitting on the couch but now facing him. They looked confused at the second child as they were only told there was only one.

Error didn't respond to the other's question, his bones lightly shook and he couldn't escape back to the basement because he couldn't move.

The sitter grew worried and glanced at their phone that was on the couch. This wasn't Ink.  Ink had white bones, not the inverted colors this skeleton had. The other skeleton seemed to be in shock of sorts, not moving but his sockets wide open and his bones could be seen shaking. The poor kid was terrified. For what reason, the sitter doesn't know.

Slowly moving to grab their phone, the kid booked it up the stairs. And left for a room. The sitter was stunned for a while before rushing towards the basement while calling 74+3.

"Ink?" They called. They looked around the basement calling and looking for Ink. 74+3 didn't answer so they were on their own. "Hey Ink?! Hide & Seek's over buddy!" There was a faint noise before Ink eventually squeezed himself off from under one of the couches. He looked happy that he hadn't been found. But maybe his 74+3'5 home!

"Did you see some kid run upstairs?" they asked. Ink looked confused before seeming to know what the other was talking about.

"Uhhh...No...?" he looked around "where's Error?"

"...Who?"

"He's my brother! I was playing hide & seek with him!"

"...is he a skeleton?"

"Yep"

"Black bones?"

"Mhm"

"...bruises?"

A nervous and confused nod. The sitter guided Ink up stairs and told him to stay put on the couch while they went to get the apparently other child. Going to the first room on the right, they tried the door and looked inside the room. There was a closed sliding closet door to the right and the room itself was a simple layout. A bed with 2 side tables, a TV hung on the wall, and a wooden vanity desk next to the entrance. The room's walls were painted multiple colors in geometric shapes and there were canvases hung on the walls and a drawer that was also partially painted with pencil sketches on it. The bed had a yellow blanket and a blue sheet with a back frame that had sculptures and paints. The sitter firstly checked the closet just hoping that Error would jumpscare them. Getting closer they heard bones rattling and gently knocked on the door.

"Error? Hey I'm not gonna hurt you" No response from the child. They waited a few seconds before slowly sliding the door open. There were hung clothes and a few boxes on the floor and on the rack. The other door was opened and Error ran out the room and back down the stairs. With the sitter following.

Error quickly ran down the stairs and towards the basement, ignoring Ink yelling at him. Underneath the stairs he moved aside a few loose boars and squeezed through. This was his room. Or the place where he sleeps. He really doesn't have any valuables, just 2 blankets. One as his "mattress" on the carpeted floor and another as his blanket. No lights, no table, no personal belongings, Nothing. 74+3 didn't let him have anything else. His spine was definitely aching every day but he lived through it because he was told that he didn't need them. But right now he was hiding because he wasn't supposed to go upstairs, 74+3 told him specifically to not go upstairs unless Ink wanted him to but noooo he still went up! That's not what he was told to do!

"Error!" Ink ran down the steps and looked around the basement. He heard a board closing and looked behind him, noticing the small space underneath the stairs. The policemen also pointed out the discolored boards. He made his way over to the boards holding up the stairs and knocked. "Error?"

No response. He slightly pushed the boards moving to different boards until a few moved. Pushing them aside he peeked through the pushed boards and saw an empty space with only 2 blankets on the floor. He looked around until the babysitter called for him and Error, coming down the stairs. Ink pulled the sitter once they came down the steps and pointed to the moveable boards. They looked at it curiously, the discolored boards looked out of place but at the same time it would've been easy to miss considering it was underneath the stairs. Harry potter style.

Ink knew that Error had gone in here. Well, there wasn't really anywhere else to go. He was lucky he found a good spot to hide earlier. The other door next to the stairs was filled with some of their baby stuff and other extra wear. Like a small storage closet compared to their actual storage. Why would Error hide there? Was it his room? The room across from him was 74+3'5 and there was another room on the ground floor but no one stayed there. Maybe the guests they have over some times but Error doesn't stay there. Ink always found him in the basement so he thought he slept there too. Was this where he was sleeping?

Error was still in the small space just hidden against the door so no one could see him. 74+3 knew his 'tactic' but Ink didn't. He never knows because 74+3 doesn't let him. But it's fine, Ink doesn't need to know. He's fine. Ink's nice. Probably the only nice person to him in this house.

"Error?"

He didn't respond. No one needed to know he was here. Maybe Ink, it'd be nice for Ink to know he's here. Or maybe not. Maybe everyone could just forget he was here and everyone would be happy. He'd be able to not follow the rules and everyone could just leave him since he constantly makes mistakes.

"Error are you in there? We couldn't find you around the basement and I saw you come down here" Still nothing. "Come on Error. I wanna talk to you"

He's not here. Just leave him here and no one will be hurt or unhappy or filled with his mistakes. It's fine.

— § —

Officers were once again here at this house. They were called about possible kidnapping or abuse this time. Entering the house they saw the sitter and Ink sitting on the couch. The latter looked nervous, but looked up at the cops and immediately motioned them towards the basement, where they assumed Error was. Ink pushed aside the boards and squeezed half in body through talking to someone before exiting the small hidden room. "He won't come out but Error's in there"

"...Who's Error?" This was a new batch of cops. One of them was familiar with the house but they didn't enter it. Just observed the outside to make sure no one ran out.

"My brother" The officers looked at each other and Ink went back into the boards, getting himself through and you could hear him talking to Error. Some shuffling was heard after it went quiet for a bit and the boards moved and there was a bang on the wall. The boards were moved and a multicolored hand went through to the other side trying to stop themselves from exiting. Eventually Error was pushed through and looked up at the officers. Ink came out once Error moved to make space for him to exit and everyone was surprised.

They all were interrogated, including Error who just stared at the floor while keeping his mouth shut and fiddling with his phalanges. Ink and the sitter seemed oblivious to the cause or origin of Error's scars or why he was silent. They tried many passive ways to try and get something out of the 6 year old but he spit out nothing. 74+3 was called away from work and by her frantic exit from her car, she's got some explaining to do.

̶"̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶e̶?̶!̶"̶ She asked the sitter, dragging them by the arm and pushing them out the door, shooing at them. ̶"̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶j̶o̶b̶!̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶i̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶!̶"̶

"Ma'am calm down" an officer stood in front of the sitter before they were pushed out the door. "Listen we just need to ask you a few questions"

̶"̶N̶o̶,̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶!̶"̶

"Okay, But we were called here under suspicion—"

̶"̶W̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶r̶a̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶r̶c̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶"̶

"Okay, Okay, Just... calm down"

̶"̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶m̶.̶ ̶F̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶'̶s̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶d̶e̶d̶!̶"̶ Eventually the officers left along with the sitter and 74+3 was left alone with her children. "...E R R O R"

Error stared heavily at the ground, his bones shaking even more as his shoulders hunched together covering his neck and phalanges gripped his shorts that he's worn for...A while.

̶"̶I̶n̶k̶,̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶"̶

"What are you gonna do?"

̶"̶J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶E̶r̶r̶o̶r̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶"̶ ̶ Ink looked at Error who looked tense, continuing to avoid eye contact. Ink looked uneasy but went to his room. The room Error had fled into earlier. He looked around his room after closing the door and it somehow felt more lifeless. Despite the multitude of colors that he really likes, it felt a bit empty. Maybe because he knows there's something wrong. He doesn't know what but it has something to do with Error. He thought of something before seeing if he could find an empty bag or box.

Down stairs, 74+3 had pulled Error by his arm onto the floor and down the basement stairs. Error tried getting up as he was dragged, constantly apologizing. He felt like he was apologizing to 74+3 but she said nothing. Just silent disappointment. But he wants to run. He didn't run. but he desperately wants to. But he can't because then it's only going to get worse. Eventually he was sent to his small room. But with nothing. His blankets were taken out and he was left with nothing. This was fine. He really didn't follow the one rule she told him but he didn't know. But maybe if he looked harder this wouldn't've happened and 74+3 would've not been here and they could've still been playing but it's all his fault.

— § —

Ink laid in his bed until he thought enough time passed before getting up and looking around his dimly lit but colorful room. He quietly left his bed and grabbed the box he was able to find and quietly made his way towards the bedroom door. He then carefully went down the steps all the way to the basement.

Once in the basement he turned to the small room under the stairs and carefully moved the few planks away enough for him to place down the box and squeeze himself through. In the tiny room Error was cured against the wall watching the whole attempt with semi dull sockets.  Ink slipped in and saw Error staring at him. He awkwardly grinned and slid the box to the other. He doesn't know why he continues to do this, maybe to just make himself and Error feel better or something but he knows it has to be for Error.

He's been doing this for a few weeks now, ever since he found Error's 'room'. Every night he'd come down to the basement and just keep Error company. The blankets he had before had been taken and haven't been given back, Ink has tried to bring him at least a small one that'll cover him but they were usually taken away. All by 74+3. He just hopes that it's not always cold down here.

"I brought us some stuff cause I couldn't sleep" Ink whispered as he opened the cardboard box and took out some pencils and pens, putting them between the two. "It's past our bedtime but I wanted to make sure you're okay" Even if the day's activities weren't too bad, Ink still asked him. It's best to ask all the time then to never ask.

Error, who was huddled into his knees, only curled in further. The other wasn't supposed to be here, he was supposed to be sleeping. Error isn't allowed to sleep, it's not like he can. Well he can sleep without the blankets he's done it before, but 74+3 told him to not sleep. Honestly it could've been worse. How worse? He doesn't know. His skull hurt from falling on the floor and down the steps but it didn't cause any scarring. At least he didn't think so. His head just hurt.

Ink opened one of the sketchbooks he brought and opened it flat, one side facing Error and the other in front of him. You could really see much so that's why Ink brought a few glow sticks. And a few light up stars he thought Error would like. He too had them in his room but had a few extras bunched up together since he didn't know what to do with them. "Here" Ink was on his knees and pulled out the neon green glowing star out of the box. It gave off a soft glow but were surprisingly bright.

Error looked at the stars in awe but didn't reach out to grab them. Ink stuck one on the low hanging ceiling and another in another spot, giving the small room a more green glow. Error looked less tense than before, looking at the glowing stars that brought light to his small world. The other smiled at Error and the two drew into the night. They've done this activity plenty of times . If 74+3 were to catch them, the blame would always go to Error. But she thought it was a one time thing.

Their temporary night routine usually ended around 10 when Ink would get tired and pack up. For his age he was rather stealthy. Of course he was still his age so he had a bedtime and a mindset that didn't help him out the bigger pieces together. He just knew that Error wasn't in the best mood.

Both were very intelligent for their age, Ink more than Error, but that was 74+3'5 doing. They were homeschooled, again Ink more than Error. You could actually say Ink was homeschooled and then Error would be taught somethings by Ink. Either in passing or being actually taught. Of course Error had learned thing in the lab when he was first created, so he knew the basics. But Ink was learning things that kids would learn. Tests were mostly done in the lab to make sure he was stable, especially after the accident, he was monitored and not as many lessons were given. People just tried to make sure he wouldn't die. Now their both content enough, it's not like they know this isn't normal.

"So you have your sketchbook, unless you want something else" Error looked towards the paper in front of him and to the pen and pencils in front of him.  This was like any night but he was still hesitant about being found out. Ink began drawing and Error soon followed, mostly drawing shapes and small scribbles.

For kids in a household like this one, they were surprisingly calm. Like this is everyday life for them

— § —

"74+3?"

74+3 looked behind her and saw her child, ̶"̶Y̶e̶s̶ ̶I̶n̶k̶?̶"̶

"Can Error sleepover in my room tonight?"

̶"̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶?̶"̶

"Really?!"

̶"̶Y̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶!̶ ̶A̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶!̶"̶

"Okay!" Of course 74+3'5 use of words didn't go unnoticed but Ink was excited. He and Error could spend a night not laying in the basement! The floor was hard to lay on and he could see why the other's bones crack a lot when he stretches. It's worrying and not really a pleasant sound to hear.

Rushing to the basement, Ink pulled the boards to make a space big enough for him to fit and saw Error hesitantly doodling in one of the notebooks. So far he has a circle on top of a rectangle. They weren't straight or perfect but no one would dedicate their time to just perfecting shapes. Who would do that? Error looked up from his artwork to see Ink all excited like.

"74+3 said you could come to my room!" Error looked skeptical but knowing how 74+3 favors the other over him, she's just doing it to keep him happy. He's never actually gotten mad. Not that Error knows of at least. Not in the lab, not at this house. Nada. Nowhere and never. Maybe he's just calmer than him. Ink collected the items he brought and put them in  the box, letting Error keep his sketchbook that he already had opened. "Let's continue in my room!"

Ink's room was comfortable with a carpeted floor instead of the wooden one that was Error's room. The basement was also carpeted but that one room just didn't have a carpet. Much to Error's slight annoyance. The 2 mostly drew or painted, as per Ink's request. Error like the rubber bangs Ink had and mostly played around with those while he waited or when he became a bit tired of painting or doodling. He did like the knitted blanket. It was comfier than the other blankets in his opinion.

These times were great. Peaceful and not really uneventful. They had all their days to have fun as kids and while Ink had more of the advantage, Error still had something like a childhood with Ink. None were the wise to 74+3'5 observance over them. Nor her thoughts as she watched.

— § —

Continuous knocking came through the door. It repeated over a short period of time before someone opened it to see officers.

̶"̶...̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶?̶"̶ ̶ 74+3 didn't and wasn't expecting anyone. She definitely wasn't expecting to see police officers once again at her house.

"We got a report that you've been abusing children"

̶"̶A̶g̶a̶i̶n̶?̶ ̶A̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶?̶"̶

"Ma'am the call came from this house"

̶"̶O̶H̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶?̶

"SHE TOOK ERROR!" a yell from inside the house, a small skeleton

̶"̶I̶n̶k̶-̶"̶

"ERROR'S SOMEWHERE AND I CAN'T FIND HIM! WHERE'S ERROR?!"

̶"̶I̶n̶k̶ ̶p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶-̶"̶ ̶ The small skeleton ran out and around the house shouting for Error. One of the officers followed the small one to make sure he doesn't get lost and the others looked at 74+3.

It was dark. Not that different from his small space but more cramped and he's sure there's something else here with him but he's not sure. He'll admit that he doesn't like the dark. He can never tell if his eyes are open or not and it's terrifying. Ink doesn't know where he is and he doesn't know where he is. It's so confusing and he doesn't know where 74+3 put him now. Well, maybe it'll be better. But it'd be better if he wasn't conscious.

He could move around a lot, his movements being restricted by something. He tried to look around but it was just pitch black. He tried to make sure he's still conscious, moving his head around and moving his hand near his socket. Maybe even pulling at it to make sure it's opened and not closed and he knows he's still alive. He didn't like it and it hurt, but he believed he was awake. That was...maybe good

There was just darkness. And silence. Nothing. Error didn't like it. It was uncomfortable and tight, it was stupid and cramped, and he just doesn't like it. Why would 74+3 do something like this?! It's not fair! It's not fair! NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR!

"[][][][][]!!"

He could hear something, but he's not sure what. Maybe it's someone! His socket were filled with something cold and dirty. He's not sure what but he doesn't like it, his eye lights can't function because of the blockage and he's not sure if anyone would hear him.

"ERROR!"

̶"̶I̶n̶k̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶m̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶-̶"̶

"NO! YOU ALWAYS HIT HIM AND I NEVER KNEW! WHERE'S ERROR!" Ink meant to say 'Hid' as 74+3 had kept Error's room a secret before he found it. Always sending him to bed early so she could stuff him in that cramped room. Unfortunately none of the adults knew that and 74+3 was apprehended for the time being. Of course she tried to struggle but was put to the floor as Ink continued shouting for Error. More cops were called and other law enforcement backup to search for the missing child. 74+3 was under suspicion and the house was searched once they were able to get a warrant. Ink was asked questions as soon as they were able to sit him down and he was as clueless as they were.

Error wasn't or couldn't be found. For the first few days.

Ink continuously searched a certain spot, his backyard. The police tried to calm him or place him with a temporary family or with CPS but he refused, constantly making a scene and returning to trying to find his brother. 74+3 hadn't admitted anything while in custody leading the officers to a dead end. Most thought Error was dead at this point. Not most of them ever saw Error, so some suspected that Error wasn't real and soon, The case was willing to be dropped. Until Ink looked deeper.

"He's really smart for his age" Looking at the child being pulled out from the ground, Ink standing close by and eventually helping them pull out Error and hugging him close. The 2 were taken to the hospital with Error being checked over for signs of life

— § —

He's never been outside of the house before. None of them have. So attempting to navigate the halls of this now not lit place was hard. Ink didn't like this place so Error was trying to get himself out of there so when Ink visits he doesn't hav to be upset about it. His bones were filled with dirt and malnourished to a concerning point but he was fine. Just needed to wheel around an IV bag, as the doctors called it, and have his joints cleaned. He was thankfully unconscious for that.

Error's bones were at an awkward angle while he was in the ground. Yes 74+3 buried him alive in an attempt to get rid of him. For some reason, dusting him never came to her mind. His bones had to be correctly fixed, popping them back in place in order for them to realign. His spine being the most concerning to some doctors due to its stiffness. He did have to go through some physical therapy to make sure his bones were properly aligned and there was no excess dirt between his bones. Skeletal Monsters had practically the same bone structure as Humans, they just had Magic following through their bones alongside bone marrow. The Magic acted as nerves without the needed mussels and veins like those with flesh or scales or feathers.

Walking around, with the IV pole, Error tried to look for Ink but he didn't know where to find the other. He was aimlessly wandering around, he couldn't open any doors  he encounter so he was left wandering the same area. Still he looked around, not like he could find or remember his original bed.

The halls were empty and dark. But there was a small flashlight wandering the halls. That flashlight caught Error wandering the halls, startling the child.

"Hello. Why don't we get you back to your bed?" The security guard, a woman looking to be maybe in her late 50s, looked kindly at the small child. Holding out her hand, he hesitantly took it and she checked his braclet, finding his room and helping him in his bed. "There you go. It's best you stay in your bed while you're recovering"

Nodding, the security guard smiled and bid him a goodnight, going back to the security room where she observed the sleeping patients.

"Error!" Ink ran up to Error as they encountered Error on one of his physical exercises. The siblings hugged and Ink excitedly talked to Error about what he's been up to. The adults listened to the children interact with one another and one of them, a CPS employee, walked up to the children.

"Hello" she introduced herself and offered them a deal of sorts, "So I've been told that a certain someone snuck out"

Error frowned at that.

"And was found by one of our security guards. Turns out she'd love to give you two a temporary home"

"But... I thought we were gonna live with you?" Ink questioned. So far he's been staying at the lady's house. She mentioned he and Error would be out into foster care considering their mom wasn't a good person. Understandably.

"Well, it's only a temporary shelter as I have a bunch of things to do. I need to help other children and am not as capable as Ms. G. She'll house you until we find you a good family."

"...SO we have a new new home?"

"Yup" The kids were still a bit confused but were a bit relieved that they were out of 74+3'5 grasp but also, it's their first time out of their normal house. "We just need to finalize some papers and you both will be good to go! Error should be out tomorrow if I'm not mistaken"

Ink looked more excited hugging Error and excitedly telling him about his time at the officer's house.

— § —

Entering the equally small but spacious apartment, the siblings looked around at the simple space.

"Sorry it's not much, but I don't mind taking care of you two for the time being" Ms. G looked at the children and led them to a room. This room had a bunk bed with a side table and a bathroom. Further through the bathroom was the closet for their clothes, blocked by an easily accessible door. Their room was simple with white walls and just the mentioned furniture. "We'll be able to get toys and maybe decorate this room a bit. I try to keep it neutral for kids though"

They got settled in, with Ink's supplies in boxes being set in one corner and Error getting more used to having his own bed. It wasn't a great adjustment but his spine certainly did enjoy the firm but soft mattress to sleep on. A disagreement did somewhat occur. It wasn't big but it was an argument over who got which bed. Both wanted the bottom bunk, Error did cave easily because Ink wanted it more than he did. He just thought he should sleep on the bottom.

Besides that, the now orphans, stayed at G's for a while. Both enjoying their stay and even starting school as they were originally homeschooled. Both with 74+3 and in the lab. But their lives could now officially start now with little to no limits.

— — —

[ 6993 words

Error has not spoken once in this entire shot

But then again I tried to limit the speaking. Can't rely on just that (also i may or may not have been distracted a lot during this week) ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 7.2K 88
A book of Dreamtale oneshots I started writing in 2017 that gradually turned into an actual story by 2020. The writing isn't great at first but I ass...
5K 205 31
Follow a group of skeleton monster who will meet wonderful creatures. Warming A LOT of shipping. Here are the following ship (there are some I will k...
30.9K 547 16
Requests are CLOSED Absolutely NO smut or ships Since I was told I'm good at short chapters here's some oneshots :) Cover is made by me Started on: F...
11.9K 478 28
....Not all storys have happy endings.... Ships: DustHorror Inkerror Killermare Cream Lustberry-ish