Maya(Zuko X OC)

By Spider-Lilies

the 18 year old Firelord, Zuko, travels with the gang to a mysterious island where the people live a complete... More

Chapter 0: prologue
Chapter 1: The meeting
Chapter 2: The reveal
Chapter 3: A day together
Chapter 4: stories from the past
Chapter 5: the journey begins
Chapter 6: Team Avatar
Chapter 7: Forgetful valley
Chapter 8: Shiva
Chapter 9: reunion with Azula
Chapter 10: Birthday break
Chapter 11: Kiyi
Chapter 12: Calm before the storm
Chapter 13: The attack
Chapter 14: Rebuilding
Chapter 15: Preparations
Chapter 16: Dwarkeshwari
Chapter 17: Asuras
Chapter 19: At the battlefield
Chapter 20: The first day
Chapter 21: The second day
Chapter 22: Tarakasura
Chapter 23: A different perspective
Chapter 24: Gajasura
Chapter 25: Break and memories
Chapter 26: Surya
Chapter 27: Cursed
Chapter 28: the village of Chandra
Chapter 29: destruction and recreation
Chapter 30: His Moon and Her Sun
Chapter 31: Recollection
Chapter 32: a forever togetherness?

Chapter 18: A last attempt

238 9 0
By Spider-Lilies

Maya discussed the refusal of Shumbh with Shiva, who decided to go there himself as a last attempt to prevent the war.

Zuko heard the conversation between the two as he insisted that he accompanied the prime minister.

Shiva looked at the queen for permission to take the Firelord with him. She pointed to Zuko's back with her eyes before giving the older male a reassuring look.

Shiva agreed to take the Firelord to the demons realm but not before Zuko wrote about the possible future and sent it to team Avatar and the other world leaders.

Time skip

Zuko was put under invisibility by Maya for his protection as she watched everything unfold from her room.

Maya was alerted about the arrival of the world leaders and team Avatar. She allowed their entry as she diverted her attention back to the netherworld.

Shiva seemed to be at his wits end while Zuko was unknowingly playing a game of life and death.

She knew if Shiva decided to show his true form, Zuko would not be able to handle it. She made Zuko loose consciousness and teleported him to her lap.

She kept her hand on his eyes, preventing him from opening them.

...

Shiva watched as the chains, now new and improved were brought out. Shumbh himself got up from his throne and began to wrap them around the boy.

Shiva calmly watched the asura who spat out insults. After the chains ran out Shiva finally spoke up.

"Are you that lost in your meaningless insults that you have turned a blind eye as to whom you are tying?"

Shumbh looked at the boy as his vision slightly blurred, when it cleared, he saw Shiva standard free from chains and felt a weight tying him down.

His eyes travelled down to his body, which was wrapped in the thick chains, unable to move.

He looked at the guards hoping to have them help him but was met by Shiva in the guard's clothing.

He turned to his minister who seemed to be Shiva as well.

All the demons standing infront of him possessed the face of the boy.

The real Shiva grabbed the chain with such force that it just dissolved, crumpling into a pile of dust at the demon's feet.

Even though Shumbh was now free, he couldn't do anything as Shiva walked out of the room.

...

Zuko opened his eyes and saw Maya, her attention was somewhere else. They both seemed to not be on Earth, as the dark sky above them had two moons.

Maya was massaging his head, he tried to move but only his eyes were under his control.

He looked at himself, wearing priceless jewels and rich yellow silks with orange and red embroidery.

Maya's one hand combed through his hair while her other one was on his chest with his own hand holding hers.

She looked a bit older as his eyes fell on the smooth marble pillar near them.

He saw his face, there wasn't a scar on his face and two golden eyes stared back at him. The symbol of the sun was between his eyebrows, slightly glowing.

He looked back at the woman on whose lap he was on, her hair was in a neat updo, not a single strand out of place. Her ocean eyes looking at something far away, her lips were curled into a peaceful smile and the moon symbol between her eyebrows glowed like his.

He could feel himself getting drowsy as he slowly went to sleep but he could swear the woman looked at him once.

...

Maya felt Zuko squirm around as he went closer to her, holding onto her dress.

Shiva came back with an angry expression which immediately vanished when he saw the Firelord sleeping on the queen's lap.

"Ooooo.." He taunted. "I call best man." He raised his hands.

Maya shot him a look which dissolved into a smile. "I saw what you did."

"You see everything." He shrugged. "I'm not even suprised anymore."

She looked away, pretending to think. "I think I also saw Krutika waiting for you in the main hall."

His eyes lit up as he ran away happiness calling the girl. "Krutike! Krutike! I'm back!"

Zuko held her free hand as he streched, indicating he had woken up. His eyes opened to see the similar scenery he had seen before. Maya looked down at him as he smiled.

"You slept for quite a while."

His face flushed as he realised that he was holding onto her hand. "Sorry.."

He got up as they two made their way to the meeting room.

The guards announced their arrival as the two walked in.

They sat down as the meeting started.

Shiva spoke up. "We have one week to prepare. You all must've heard about the sighting of red creatures with horn twisted into weird shapes."

The members agreed as Shiva continued. "They are called 'asuras'. They have declared war."

"Why must we help you?" The earth king asked.

Maya sighed at the man as she spoke. "They pose a threat to all five nations. And they aren't humans like to you, Earth King. I am positive that Dwarka is capable of holding them off but the rest of the nation's aren't."

Kuei looked offended but didn't say anything.

Shiva motioned Zuko to calm the queen down as he obliged. The Firelord held her hand under the table causing her attention to be diverted to him.

Shiva continued Maya's point. "Those asuras can only be destroyed if their heads are completely severed from their body.

Aang tensed up as Maya noticed it, she came up with an alternative. "For those who cannot meet the requirements needed for the end of asuras, they can securely trap the demons so that they cannot escape."

Aang nodded as Maya allowed Shiva to continue.

"The battlefield is in the middle of the ocean, the ships will leave in three days."

"How can we help?" Hakoda asked. "Who is nearest to the battlefield?"

"That would be the southern water tribe." Maya answered.

"Well then, the southern tribe will provide shelter."

"What will Dwarka provide?" Kuei bitterly asked.

"Weaponry. Our rich mines will be able to provide weapons and other instruments."

"The fire nation will provide with food and water." Zuko announced.

"The Earth kingdom will provide with the army."

Maya raised an eyebrow. "The army will be provided by all."

"The northern water tribe will provide with healers and medicine." Arnook spoke.

They all turned to the Earth King who responded. "The Earth Kingdom will provide tents and shelter on the battlefield."

Maya nodded as Shiva wrote everything down. "Kindly alert your respective armies after you all reach back to your nations."

The meeting came to an end as Zuko waited back. Shiva got the hint as he went to Krutika.

The Firelord turned to the girl who was talking to one of her army commanders. "Can I talk to you in private?"

Maya dismissed the man who bowed and left.

Zuko took her to the gardens as she sat down on the swing, her legs occupying the whole sitting area.

She retracted her legs as Zuko sat down next to her before placing them on his lap. "Yes?"

"When I was sleeping I saw a weird dream.."

"What was it about?"

"Well.... I saw myself but except my scar, I was lying on you lap. And...."

"And?"

"There were two moons in the sky."

Maya's eyes widened at the information as she immediately straightened up. "What else did you see?" She asked.

"I..I don't remember."

Maya sighed as she cracked a smile, looking down. "Zuko, if you ever get dreams like those again, please do tell me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

755K 19.2K 54
โ oh ๐“›๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ.... You make such fools of us all โž .โœซ*๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝก.โ˜†.*๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœซ*. .โœซ*๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝก.โ˜†.*๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœซ*. .โœซ*๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏ฝก.โ˜†.*๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœซ*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...
21.5K 706 12
It was one mistake that led (Y/n), a young girl from the Northern water tribe, down a path of twists and turns. After being somewhere she was told no...
127K 3.5K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...