Done Done London

By yashriii

Ria, a strong and independent Law graduate sets off to live and work in her dream city of London. There she m... More

Part One
Part Two - Chapter One: Graduation (I)
Chapter 2 - Graduation (II)
Chapter 3 - London en Route Paris (I)
Chapter 4 - London en Route Paris (II)
Chapter 5 - London en Route Paris (III)
Chapter 6 - Home Sweet Home (London)
Chapter 7 - Meet your new legal advisor
Chapter 8 - The New Nightclub
Chapter 9: Lets go home...
Chapter 10 - Ria, The Dangerous Driver
Chapter 11 - Friends? Friends.
Chapter 12 - My New Friend
Chapter 13 - Do I? No.
Chapter 14 - 'Today is on me.'
Chapter 15 - The Dinner
Chapter 16 - Aisha.
Chapter 17 - The Return Of Aisha
Chapter 18 - You are my Soniya
Chapter 19 - Truth or Dare?
Author's note
Chapter 20 - A new Beginning
Chapter 21 - Ria. What? Nothing.
Chapter 22 - Pack my bags, please.
Authors Note
Chapter 23 - The Goons
Chapter 24 - Welcome to Dubai
Chapter 25 - Parents Ruin Every Situation
Chapter 27 - The Magical Moment
Chapter 28 - Move in with me?
Chapter 29 - Aisha's Big Surprise
Chapter 30 - "We've got some news."
Chapter 31 - Toasts
Chapter 32 - "You're the perfect prince for my princess"
Chapter 33 - "Well, that was a boring morning."
Chapter 34 - "There's a slight problem"
Chapter 35 - The Ring
Chapter 36 - Hello Italy!
Chapter 37 - "Hi... Layla."
Chapter 38 - Sunset Kiss
Chapter 39 - Moments of Love
Chapter 40 - Roaming Around Rome
Chapter 41 - The Mehndi Ceremony

Chapter 26 - The Conference

919 51 8
By yashriii

Ria

That dinner was so awkward. Rohan wanted to say something but he forgot in the time I finished my call with mum. Urgh mum! She always called at the wrong time but yesterday? It was the worst possible time to call! Rohan was getting all serious and I swear, I swear on my unborn children, that I could start to feel some connection between us, but then mum calls and he forgets! Great!

I got undressed and removed my makeup. I had to giggle a bit at that actually, I mean I got all dressed up for what I thought would be a "special" dinner and now I'm here taking it all off. Oh well if I keep thinking like this I'll end up getting a migraine. Tomorrow is a big day, we have to go through a whole day conference and I hate listening to people lecture, so I might as well rest because I will need the energy tomorrow. 

Rohan

Parents, the reason behind practically ruining everything. Why did Ria's parents call at the wrong time? It totally killed the feel. Ok, ok, it's over and I need to get over it too. I better get to sleep because tomorrow I'll have to sit through a boring conference and I'll really need the energy. 

-

I woke up horrified. I had a nightmare that I told Ria how I felt and she slapped me across the face real hard.  It was only five-thirty in the morning but there was no way I could go back to sleep so I just decided to wake up and get ready, if I'm early I'll just wonder around, this place apparently has an adventure park and amazing restaurants.

I got up from the ground – since I fell due to the dream, no, nightmare – and went to the bathroom to have a shower. By the time I got out it was six – I don't usually take this long to have a shower but I don't know why I was just really tired so I took forever. I called up room service and ordered  breakfast. Within 10 minutes the breakfast arrived and as I ate it up I couldn't help but giggle a bit, what had I thought, I had thought that today I would be having breakfast with Ria, not just a friendzoned type of breakfast but like a boyfriend-girlfriend type of one. Oh well, I better get out of this bathrobe that I had on ever since I got out of the shower, and into some suitable clothing for the conference. I wondered if Ria was awake by now.

Ria

I've been awake for the last two hours – since five-thirty – just lying in bed, occasionally changing sides. Just like every day when I had to school or attend lectures at university I had a gut feeling, I don't know what it meant or why I got it, I just did and it was not nice. 

I couldn't take it anymore so I got out of bed and went to get ready. I had to meet Rohan outside the lobby at exactly eight-thirty as the conference began at nine and this time I did not want to be late at any cost.

I'm not a breakfast type of person, so I just skipped all that and got ready. I was completely ready by quarter-past eight. I had my corporate outfit on, very formal and boring. With that I had my LV bag with pens and a pad in it – not to take down notes but to actually draw when I'm bored – and some makeup products to touch up if anything smudges. I still had fifteen minutes so I decided to have some coffee; I called up room service and ordered some. 

Fifteen minutes later we both stepped outside of rooms at the same time.

"Morning" I said trying to be as bright as possible after yesterdays fiasco – when my parents called at the wrong time.

"Morning" He said sounding pretty sad and down. "Ready?" He asked.

"Urghh! Do we have to attend this stupid thing?" I moaned.

"Well let's see, if you want to continue working for a reputed CEO like me, then yes." He was back to normal with his sarcasm, but this time I didn't understand it. 

"Huh?" I was confused.

"I mean, ok let's get going and I'll explain on the way."

"Ok so go on" I said after ten seconds.

 "Oh yeah, what I meant was, look at me right now, I'm a reputed CEO right?" he began.

"Yeah"

"Well, if I don't go then everyone would wonder why and it would get all over the news that 'The world's top CEO doesn't attend an important conference' and there it goes, my reputation." He explained.

"But how are they going to find out?" I asked, it was a point to be noted.

"Are you sure that you are a topper? Or did you pay for your degree?" He asked sarcastically.

"Not funny." I punched him lightly on the shoulder.

"Ok child learn from me," he began, "The organisers know that we have checked in, so if we don't go to the conference and they find out that we weren't there, they will check if we are in Dubai or not and if we have checked in or not, duh." He completed with a shoulder shrug. But I still had a question.

"Why would they care? It's not like they've paid for our trip, have they?" 

"They have." He answered and shut me up for good. By now we were by the conference hall and he pulled the door – I was actually getting used to this 'gentleman' side of Rohan now – and I went in; he followed. We were allocated to our seats and we went and sat in our seats.

The conference room was like a university's lecture hall just on a larger scale and more fancy with more comfortable seats. We sat quite high up so I guess whoever was speaking was just going to be like an ant to us. I began to get out my pens and pad to draw, by the time I got them out the organisers started to flood in and the conference began. 

-

Two hours in and I was ready to fall asleep, Rohan's head was already on my shoulders and I wouldn't be surprised if he was already asleep. On top of that there was no sign of a break or a morning tea; I was starving to death. 

Rohan

Wow, Ria's shoulders were quite comfortable. Anyways, two hours in and I'm about to fall asleep, I mean I've already begun by putting my head on her shoulders. It's been two hours and there has been no break! Even school classes or university lectures aren't this long! I was so over this conference, but I had handle this for the rest of the day and half of the day tomorrow and then there was a party, like a graduation ball at night. 

"We will take a break now and return to this conference in two hours." Said one the organisers. I swear those are the only words I've heard all morning!

"Rohan, Rohan are you awake?" Ria nudged me.

"Uh, yeah." I got up rubbing my eyes. 

"We aren't waiting here like we did in the flight so get up and let's go." She said putting in her pad that she'd draw various little creatures on. She got up and I followed her. 

She began pushing through the rest of the crowd just like a typical Indian.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry." I said to the poor people that she'd shoved aside. 

"Finally! Sunshine!" She said as we pushed ourselves outside the door. She spread out her hands and they went straight for my stomach.

"Ouchhh" I moaned. Unlike last time when she slapped me, this actually hurt.

"Oppps, sorry, sorry, sorry. I didn't know you were so close behind me, sorry." She apologised. 

"It's- it's ok" I said. I went over to a patch of grass and lay down on it. It was nice having sun shine on you after two hours of practically being jailed in a conference hall. Ria came and lay beside me.

"It's so nice to be out here in the sun after so long." She said. 

I turned to my side facing her, "Sure is."

"Do we have to go back in?" She complained. 

"You know what? I don't care; I'm not going back in there!" I said.

"Are you serious?"

"Hell ya! Let's go sightseeing!"

"Something like Paris?" She asked with a smirk. 

It was my turn to flirt, "Even better" I said with a smirk.

~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys! How y'all doing? Ok, I know I'm late again but I guess I only have one "excuse" which is actually not an excuse but the true reason behind not updating for ages and that's school Oh. My. God! It's taking over my life! Anyways, I know this chapter is kind of boring but don't you guys worry, there is a surprise coming up in the next chapter, I promise. Actually no, I swear on my unborn children that there is a surprise coming up in the next chapter that you all will love. Until then, Vote, Comment and Spread the word :*

- XOXO Yashriii  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 2K 45
"You may be one thousand miles away, or one hundred years away from me, but I know that you're still with me as the most gorgeous memorie of my life...
1.7M 58.1K 63
#1 in Billionaire series 🔵Completed 🔵 Highest rank : #7 in Romance Mature Content Do follow me. ** He's hurt, she is hurt too He's broken, she...
48.9K 2.6K 42
Arohi Shirke Jaykar and Rohan Nanda, the two biggest sensations in the music world. Both are way too different yet so similar, broken and lost. The o...
68.8K 3.2K 50
Hello everyone... This story is not show based. No references. No confusion. Not even the characters. The cast, however I chose according to my prefe...