Roses & Ruin

By Heartmyart

Evading her darkened past Lexi has no idea just how relevant it'll all be to her future after meeting Anthony... More

Chapter 1 (Lexi)
Chapter 2 (Anthony)
Chapter 3 (Lexi)
Chapter 4 (Anthony)
Chapter 5 (Lexi)
Chapter 6 (Lexi)
Chapter 7 (Lexi)
Chapter 8 (Anthony)
Chapter 9 (Lexi)
Chapter 10 (Lexi)
Chapter 11 (Anthony)
Chapter 12 (Anthony)
Chapter 13 (Anthony)
Chapter 14 (Lexi)
Chapter 15 (Anthony)
Chapter 16 (Lexi)
Chapter 17 (Lexi)
Chapter 18 (Anthony)
Chapter 19 (Anthony)
Chapter 20 (Anthony)
Chapter 21 (Anthony)
Chapter 22 (Lexi)
Chapter 23 (Lexi)
Chapter 24 (Anthony)
Chapter 25 (Lexi)
Chapter 26 (Lexi)
Chapter 27 (Anthony)
Lexi's IG 1
Chapter 28 (Lexi)
Chapter 29 (Lexi)
Sammi's photography
Chapter 30 (Lexi)
Chapter 31 (Anthony)
Chapter 32 (Lexi)
Chapter 33 (Anthony)
Chapter 34 (Lexi)
Chapter 35 (Anthony)
Chapter 36 (Lexi)
Chapter 37 (Anthony)
Chapter 38 (Lexi)
Chapter 39 (Lexi)
Chapter 40 (Anthony)
Chapter 41 (Anthony)
Chapter 42 (Lexi)
Chapter 43 (Lexi)
Chapter 44 (Anthony)
Chapter 45 (Lexi)
Chapter 46 (Anthony)
Chapter 47 (Lexi)
BONUS Lexi IG
Chapter 48 (Lexi)
Chapter 49 (Anthony)
Chapter 50 (Lexi)
Chapter 51 (Lexi)
Chapter 52 (Anthony)
Chapter 53 (Lexi)
Chapter 54 (Anthony)
Chapter 55 (Lexi)
Chapter 56 (God's eye view)
Chapter 57 (Lexi)
Chapter 58 (Anthony)
Chapter 59 (Anthony)
Chapter 60 (Anthony)
Chapter 61 (Lexi)
Chapter 62 (Lexi)
Chapter 63 (Anthony)
Chapter 64 (Lexi)
Chapter 65 (Lexi)
Chapter 66 (Anthony)
Chapter 67 (Anthony)
Chapter 68 (Lexi)
Milkā€¢Urban Outfitters
Chapter 69 (Anthony)
Chapter 70 (Lexi)
Chapter 71 (Anthony)
Chapter 72 (Anthony)
Chapter 73 (Lexi)
Chapter 74 (Lexi)
Chapter 75 (Anthony)
Chapter 76 (Lexi)
Chapter 77 (Anthony)
Portfolio
Chapter 79 (Anthony)
Chapter 80 (Lexi)
Chapter 81 (Lexi)
Chapter 82 (Anthony)
Chapter 83 (Anthony)
Chapter 84 (Anthony)
Chapter 85 (Lexi)
Chapter 86 (Anthony)
Chapter 87 (Anthony)
Chapter 88 (Lexi)
Chapter 89 (Anthony)
Chapter 90 (Lexi)
Chapter 91 (Lexi)
Chapter 92 (Lexi)
Andrei's gift
Chapter 93 (Anthony)
Chapter 94 (Lexi)
Chapter 95 (Anthony)
Chapter 96 (Lexi)
Wedding|Honey moon
Chapter 97 (Lexi)
Chapter 98 (Anthony)
Chapter 99 (Lexi)
Chapter 100 (Anthony)
Chapter 101 (Lexi)
Chapter 102 (Lexi)
Chapter 103 (Anthony)
Chapter 104 (Lexi)
Chapter 105 (Anthony)
Chapter 106 (Lexi)
Chapter 107 (Lexi)
Chapter 108 (Anthony)
Chapter 109 (Lexi)
Chapter 110 (Anthony)
Chapter 111 (Lexi)
PREVIEW

Chapter 78 (Lexi)

1.6K 66 10
By Heartmyart

It wasn't sunrise quite yet, but the sky had lightened above head. The time of dawn just before sunrise where everythings still dim. I can't remember a time where I've ever spent an entire night just talking to someone. We'd been twisted in those car seats to the point of feeling stiff from hours passing.

Anthony was the first to notice it. That we'd stayed out all night. He laughed about it, but I jolted at the realization that if I wasn't home by the time the Petrov's got up then I'd be in some deep shit. They'd ask questions. They'd be furious.

When I reminded Anthony of that fact he was quick to get me home. It wasn't morning yet, everyone should still be asleep. I told Anthony to park down the street, and I'd walk the last of the road home, or else his car could be identified by the guards.

        "You don't want me to drop you at the door?" He gave me a face.

"This isn't the 1800's you don't need to walk me to the door. Actually...that's not historically accurate. If we were alone at night without a chaperone I would be a ruined woman, and bring shame onto my family. Thank goodness they shame themselves enough without my help. So goodnight. Or? Morning" I rambled without meaning to, but his smile told me he didn't mind it.

"Guten tag" I thought I heard him call out.

By the time I got to the front gate of the house I could hear its mechanical lever unlock and slowly roll open. There were several guards waiting on the other side. "Miss Petrov, are you alright?" One of the men quickly asked me.

Did they think I stayed out all night because something bad happened? Or was it because they saw me walking down the street alone at this hour? Either way I muttered that I was fine and started past them. One of them started to say something, but I was already halfway up the drive.

When I got to the front door I opened it as quietly as possible, slipping my shoes off so they wouldn't echo across the vast entryway. I took about five steps in before I was met by a figure in the darks of the hall. I jolted at the intrusion. Or was it that my heart stopped when realizing I'd been caught.

        Dmitriy took his time emerging from the other room. I stayed stiff as a statue trying to read the situation. "Where the fuck were you?" His voice was low so we wouldn't be overheard, but harsh from the anger held behind it. I opened my mouth and let something come out on its own.

"With my fiance" I lied. How could they be mad at that right? Dmitriy looked at me for a beat. My heart rate picked up between the passing seconds.

"Your fiance?" He repeated my answer. I just nodded. My brother took a few more steps towards me. Calm steps. Then he stopped right in front of me and I could see the heat behind his eyes. "You sure about that?" He worried me in his response.

What does he know? What did he see?

All I could think about was the potential scandal that would be unleashed if Dmitriy knew I was out all night with the wrong Rizzo. He'd begin to suspect things, and he would hold Anthony accountable for corrupting the virgin bride.

Who knows what they'd do to him. And to me. What punishment would I face for defying them, lying to them, and sullying myself shaming their name and their contract.

"Dmitriy why are you awake at this hour grilling me?" I tried to deflect. He didn't budge.

"Because about 20 minutes ago the guards informed me that you never made it home. And then again when they saw you walking down the street. Where were you, Aleksandra, and don't you dare lie to me this time because I'm already fuming" he seethed towards the finish of his interrogation speech.

Think Lexi...you can't fuck this up.

"And what makes you think I wasn't with Enzo?" I again deflected because I had nothing else to say. No prepared lie. Dmitriy's nostrils flared and he grabbed my upper arm yanking me a step closer. It startled me.

        "Because Andrei ran into Enzo and his friends last night and You weren't with them. You fucking liar" his voice rose this time and I prayed he wouldn't wake my father. It seems for now the situation was contained between just us. Could I convince him to keep it that way?

I felt heat where my brother's hand gripped me tightly. I felt a pit in my gut. My heart was working double time. I didn't know what to say. Even though I wasn't out there having sex this time around it probably looks that way. That I spent the night at a man's house and tried sneaking in at dawn so they'd be none the wiser.

Damn it all to hell. I didn't know what to do.

"Let go of me" I pulled my arm to no avail. "Were you out sleeping around? Huh? Who were you with Aleksandra because I swear to god I'll find out" he threatened me. No. Anthony. I couldn't be the cause of his harm. He's wanted to stay away from me, it's been me constantly pushing for us to hook up. To become friends. I wasn't careful enough. I should have gone home in the Uber and never gotten into his car last night.

"When dad finds out you've ruined yourself God help you" he told me.

Apparently it is the 1800's. I grit my teeth and this time when I yanked I ripped my arm free. "I'm 20 fucking years old, Dmitriy! You can't tell me what to do! I'm not a goddamn child! I can be out at night if I want to! You've controlled everything else. Will you people ever cut me some slack?!"

I didn't mean to raise my voice, but my nerves came forward. I felt the echo of my voice fill the house. Please don't wake up Vitaly. I need to gather myself so I can think of a more clever lie.

"You're not to leave this house until further notice. Until you can remember exactly where you were, what you did, and with Who, you won't step outside your bedroom. You hear me? Your wedding is less than 6 weeks away, you aren't gonna find a way to sabotage it" my eldest brother shouted at me.

I was furious. I was overwhelmed. I was shocked that he was telling me he was going to lock me up. "Vitaly won't let you do that" I stupidly remarked. I knew that wasn't true at all.

"Vitaly, your Father, will absolutely side with me. Let's go ask him" he grabbed my arm again. I fought against him, but he was too strong. He dragged me upstairs, and by the time we reached the landing my father was already coming out of his bedroom.

In a wife beater and pajama pants he came out to the hall rubbing the sleep from his eyes. His hair wasn't combed aside like it always is in the daytime. I could see the stars tattooed on his shoulders. A Bratva marking. I continued to fight against Dmitriy, but he ignored it and told Vitaly everything.

I could see the flush of anger come up through my fathers face. His eyes became wild in his head.

"What?!" He shouted. "You whore" he spat, waving for my brother to throw me into my room. "YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!" I screamed. I felt my brother grab my phone from my back pocket in the struggle and I seethed that he better give that back to me. "And the computer," my father added.

        "Give it back? So you can reach out to someone to bail you out? So you can create lies? You're cut off" he told me. Dmitriy shoved me into my room making me stumble and catch myself. Then closed the door. I could hear the twist of a key on the other side and sure enough...it was locked.

They set that lock on purpose because no other bedroom locks from the outside. They lock from the inside. This was a thought out plan. I hate them. I've never been so angry in my entire life. I was shaking with rage.

"FUUUUCK" I shouted, shoving the bench at the end of my bed until it tumbled over. When I didn't get a response from out in the hallway I took the small change holder made of glass and chucked it clean across the room.

The shatter was loud and all the nickels, dimes, and pennies that were inside made the scattering sound along half of the floor. It dented the wall.

        I was panting like an angry bull. I could feel the steam as I took an intake of breath and released it harshly over and over again.

"GO AHEAD, destroy your bedroom. You'll be stuck with the mess" Vitaly shouted from the otherside of the door. I went completely quiet. I refused to respond. I heard Dmitriy muttering something to my father and then the footsteps.

Once they were gone I went back to the door and tried the handle, shaking, jimmying it as hard as I could. But nothing. I was trapped.

-

I laid in bed staring at the ceiling for hours. I could see the sun getting stronger as the sun rose and the time passed. Each meal that was brought to my door was left untouched. I refused to speak.

After many hours I was so bored out of my mind I knew I had to do something to pass the time. I went into the closet and pulled my portfolio bag so I could sort through the shots I had. I wanted all the best for the portfolio I'll be sending Mia in hopes of getting work for fashion week.

I spread the photos across the floor and rearranged them time and time again trying to decide the best from the worst. When I was finally satisfied I zipped the pictures back into the portfolio bag and brought it back to its place, so it wouldn't bend or become lost.

I had books in my bedroom, but my mind was too scattered to concentrate, so I found myself reading and rereading the same paragraphs over and over again until I just gave up. That's when I decided something. I went to my bag from the other day and pulled out the wedding magazines. If I'm going to get married, and Vitaly is paying for it, then I am going to make it the most expensive goddamn wedding I can manage.

I started looking through the magazine circling things.

Anything described as enchanted, fairytale inspired, modern day cinderella, or used words I had no idea about like twinkling floral 'trellises' I circled the design. Glass runways set over water for an isle for me to walk down? Sure.

I got more and more ridiculous the more I thought about it. I'll have outfit changes throughout the night. Two, no three wedding gowns with all the fixings! If Vitaly wants to play I can play. He better be ready to hand over his checkbook. So Vitaly...checkmate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 497 74
Being the son to the infamous leader of the Italian Mafia Isn't always easy! Dean Sorento counts his blessings that he was raised away from that; by...
70.6K 905 53
"Amore you belong to me and only me got it ?" he whisper in to my ear sending shivers down my spine Leonardo Valentino Manzo soon to be mafia boss a...
4.9M 128K 113
When a sweet innocent Kat finds herself crossing paths with the dark and dangerous Renzo of the Boston mob she has no idea who she let into her life...
520K 18.9K 53
"The damage was done the moment our eyes collided." ~Xavier De Luca *** One life-altering night ignites a soul-scorching passion between a gangster...