Roses & Ruin

By Heartmyart

Evading her darkened past Lexi has no idea just how relevant it'll all be to her future after meeting Anthony... More

Chapter 1 (Lexi)
Chapter 2 (Anthony)
Chapter 3 (Lexi)
Chapter 4 (Anthony)
Chapter 5 (Lexi)
Chapter 6 (Lexi)
Chapter 7 (Lexi)
Chapter 8 (Anthony)
Chapter 9 (Lexi)
Chapter 10 (Lexi)
Chapter 11 (Anthony)
Chapter 12 (Anthony)
Chapter 13 (Anthony)
Chapter 14 (Lexi)
Chapter 15 (Anthony)
Chapter 16 (Lexi)
Chapter 17 (Lexi)
Chapter 18 (Anthony)
Chapter 19 (Anthony)
Chapter 20 (Anthony)
Chapter 21 (Anthony)
Chapter 22 (Lexi)
Chapter 23 (Lexi)
Chapter 24 (Anthony)
Chapter 25 (Lexi)
Chapter 26 (Lexi)
Chapter 27 (Anthony)
Lexi's IG 1
Chapter 28 (Lexi)
Chapter 29 (Lexi)
Sammi's photography
Chapter 30 (Lexi)
Chapter 31 (Anthony)
Chapter 32 (Lexi)
Chapter 33 (Anthony)
Chapter 34 (Lexi)
Chapter 35 (Anthony)
Chapter 36 (Lexi)
Chapter 37 (Anthony)
Chapter 38 (Lexi)
Chapter 39 (Lexi)
Chapter 40 (Anthony)
Chapter 42 (Lexi)
Chapter 43 (Lexi)
Chapter 44 (Anthony)
Chapter 45 (Lexi)
Chapter 46 (Anthony)
Chapter 47 (Lexi)
BONUS Lexi IG
Chapter 48 (Lexi)
Chapter 49 (Anthony)
Chapter 50 (Lexi)
Chapter 51 (Lexi)
Chapter 52 (Anthony)
Chapter 53 (Lexi)
Chapter 54 (Anthony)
Chapter 55 (Lexi)
Chapter 56 (God's eye view)
Chapter 57 (Lexi)
Chapter 58 (Anthony)
Chapter 59 (Anthony)
Chapter 60 (Anthony)
Chapter 61 (Lexi)
Chapter 62 (Lexi)
Chapter 63 (Anthony)
Chapter 64 (Lexi)
Chapter 65 (Lexi)
Chapter 66 (Anthony)
Chapter 67 (Anthony)
Chapter 68 (Lexi)
Milkβ€’Urban Outfitters
Chapter 69 (Anthony)
Chapter 70 (Lexi)
Chapter 71 (Anthony)
Chapter 72 (Anthony)
Chapter 73 (Lexi)
Chapter 74 (Lexi)
Chapter 75 (Anthony)
Chapter 76 (Lexi)
Chapter 77 (Anthony)
Chapter 78 (Lexi)
Portfolio
Chapter 79 (Anthony)
Chapter 80 (Lexi)
Chapter 81 (Lexi)
Chapter 82 (Anthony)
Chapter 83 (Anthony)
Chapter 84 (Anthony)
Chapter 85 (Lexi)
Chapter 86 (Anthony)
Chapter 87 (Anthony)
Chapter 88 (Lexi)
Chapter 89 (Anthony)
Chapter 90 (Lexi)
Chapter 91 (Lexi)
Chapter 92 (Lexi)
Andrei's gift
Chapter 93 (Anthony)
Chapter 94 (Lexi)
Chapter 95 (Anthony)
Chapter 96 (Lexi)
Wedding|Honey moon
Chapter 97 (Lexi)
Chapter 98 (Anthony)
Chapter 99 (Lexi)
Chapter 100 (Anthony)
Chapter 101 (Lexi)
Chapter 102 (Lexi)
Chapter 103 (Anthony)
Chapter 104 (Lexi)
Chapter 105 (Anthony)
Chapter 106 (Lexi)
Chapter 107 (Lexi)
Chapter 108 (Anthony)
Chapter 109 (Lexi)
Chapter 110 (Anthony)
Chapter 111 (Lexi)
PREVIEW

Chapter 41 (Anthony)

2.3K 75 7
By Heartmyart

        When we know of an immediate threat our families and mob members are put on lockdown. Our goons or soldiers are out on the streets in real time reporting back to us higher ups. When the heads of the five crime families and Dom, Elio, and Alessandro get involved that means it's gone past serious. That's when something needs to be Handled with a capital H.

I know Dom's orders were to keep the Russian's out of it, but I couldn't help but think of Lexi and how she wouldn't know if she were in danger. What if the Irish know she's going to marry an Italian. She could be a target too.

Enzo never mentioned it so I took it upon myself to privately text her. I know it's risky, but so is her not knowing there's trouble. She deserves to be safe.

        I couldn't give her details because that's business and we aren't meant to disclose that to anyone outside of our circle. Instead I just told her to be careful. I wrote, *Me: Look out for yourself today. Some rocky stuff going on in the background. Don't say you know a thing.*

*Lexi: What's going on?* She bothered asking.

*Me: I can't tell you mob business. I just wanted you aware if that makes any sense. Just take care of yourself, Lex, alright?*

It took her a couple minutes to text me back, but I quickly glanced at it while all of us guys were getting up to exit this meeting. *Lexi: You be careful too. Whatever that means.*

        "Benny, do a sweep outside" I heard Dom order one of our goons. With this many prominent members we don't wanna walk outside to a driveby or something. It's happened before. Benny grabbed for his gun and disappeared out there with another guy. Two minutes later the door was opening and we were given the all clear.

"Everybody checks their territory and reports back to me" was Dom's last order before we all parted. What he means is that each capo or head of the five crime families have their own 'territory' they run.

Of course the De Luca's own all of it in the grand scheme of things, but it's ours to take care of, to run the streets of, to do business at. Our guys, our neighborhoods. Everybody will know your crime family.

        If I had to guess, De Luca's and Rizzo's have the most to worry about. Because Dom gutted Conry O Riley and because Giana ended her engagement and then fucked Dom in front of a tied up Conry. Liam won't forget it. He wants revenge and he's a young ambitious guy on the rise to power. 

Those are the worst kind. They're less predictable and more likely to do something chancy. They feel they have something to prove.

        For that reason Enzo asked where Alessandro put his sister and he wanted to go check for himself that she was okay. I'm sure she's shaken. She has her and the baby's life to worry about. She's about ready to pop. Not an ideal time to give birth.

I followed Enzo out and we took the same car out to the address Alessandro gave us. We've got guarded safehouses all over. She was at one of them. On the drive over I decided to look at Enzo and say what had been on my mind since the start of this.

        "Hey man, you think you should've told your wife about this? If the Irish know you made a deal to marry a Russian, to be a future Mrs. Rizzo, wouldn't she be a target?" I asked him. He bit the inside of his cheek to think about it. "Fuck" was all he said.

"Call Dom, ask what he thinks of it" he told me. I didn't wanna be the one to call, but Enzo was the one driving. "Yeah, alright" I told him.

When I dialed, the phone only rang twice before he quickly picked it up. I told him exactly what I told Enzo. Dom muttered something to whoever he was with before answering me.

        "She could be a target, yeah. Is she our problem yet? She isn't technically married in yet. Does that leave her to the Russians?" Dom asked me. Rhetorically anyways. I grit my teeth at his total disinterest in her well being.

He's the one who set up this fucking marriage he should be responsible for her. But no, when is Domani De Luca ever held accountable for anything?

"I think you should think about the Petrov's answer to that question. I think they'd disagree with your theory of who's problem she is now" I told him. Enzo waved for me to put it on speaker so I did. I heard Dom sigh right on time.

"Listen, I got enough on my plate. I'll leave it as your call. She's a Rizzo. I've got my own girl to protect and you're currently interrupting that. That's on you guys" he told me before hanging up on me. I motioned to strangle him with my hands through the phone. Enzo chuckled knowing I hate him now.

        "Well?" I turned to my cousin to ask his opinion again. Dom said it's our call.

"Have her go with Giana. She hangs out for the day and no harm is done. Right?" Enzo side eyed me while watching the road. "You got her number?" I asked him. He sat slack jawed for a second before answering, "Nope."

Fuck...I have her number and can't even use it.

"You think if we call one of the brothers they'll think it's weird?" I asked him. He blew air out of his lips and made them flap.

"I mean if she's meant to be my wife shouldn't I have her damn phone number. Give Andrei a call. He's less stuck up than the other one" Enzo told me. I took Enzo's phone and looked for the contact. When I pulled it up I called and put it on speaker for him.

        "Privyet" a voice answered in Russian. I know he saw the contact name. He just spoke Russian to be a dick. I have to assume that was him saying hello so I motioned for Enzo to talk. I shouldn't be the one asking.

"Andrei, it's Enzo. Quick question. Can you send me your sister's number? I had a question for her and no way to reach her" he said as casually as ever. There was a pause on the line.

"Ready to take on the role of husband already. Good, Mu-dak. I'll send it" he said some word in Russian in between all that and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a nice word. His accent is less than his father or brother when he speaks English to us. Easier to understand.

The asshole hung up after that. How many people are gonna hang up on us today? Bunch of assholes they are.

        I received an incoming text a second later and it was Lexi's phone number. "Are you calling her?" Enzo asked me. "Uh..shouldn't it be you?" I asked back. "I'm fucking drivin'" he used his infamous attitude. It's just natural for him. 

I huffed and decided I'd call. I didn't put it on speaker phone and I switched ears so the phone was furthest from my cousin. I have to act right now.

When Lexi picked up the phone she said Hello with a question mark at the end.

"Lexi, hi, this is Anthony, Enzo's cousin. I'm using his phone, uh, he wanted me to tell you that we have some stuff going on today and think it's best you come hang out with Giana at one of our nice houses" I tried to say enough without saying too much.

Lexi paused. "Uh, you want me to go to some house with your cousin?" She sounded like she already hated the idea.

        "Look, you're gonna be known as Enzo's future wife, and with the Rizzo name comes certain circumstances. Today is one of those circumstances where you should really just come with us and ask minimal questions if possible, sweetheart" I slipped at the end, but I actually call everyone sweetheart so Enzo didn't bat an eye.

"Not until you tell me what the hell is going on" she remained stubborn.

"What's your address?" I asked her, ignoring her question. "Do not come to this apartment" she warned me. "Uh huh, yup, I know the street" I pretended she was telling me her address. I know where she lives. I've been there.

"Anthony Rizzo, don't you dare" she scolded me when she realized I was pretending she was answering all my questions.

"Nothing to fret about. Call it a hang out" I bullshitted her. "Where I go, Boris goes," she reminded me. "Is he gonna report it to your father?" I asked her. "Yup" she deadpanned. I huffed.

        "Then tell your guard you're hanging out with Giana Rizzo to get to know the Rizzo's better. He can come with you, but he stays outside and out of the loop. We don't want your family involved in this part of our business. You understand, sweetheart?" I accidentally did it again.

It's to lessen the harshness of the command I'm sorta giving her here.

She snorted. She isn't gonna make this easy for me. "Keeping secrets from my family. This alliance sounds promising already" she sarcastically remarked.

"Great, see you soon" I disregarded her last comment and this time I was the one to hang up first. I looked at Enzo and told him the address. It was on the way anyways, so we'll make a quick stop to scoop her up under the guise of a 'hang out'.

This is probably gonna backfire, but I would feel better knowing she's alright.

-

        When we pulled up to Lexi's building this wall of a 6 foot 5 man came walking out with Lexi beside him. That's Boris. He's fucking huge. Boris came up to the passenger side window and leaned down to see both myself and Enzo. I've never heard him speak English before. When introductions were made the other day Boris didn't speak a word to any of us.

"Does Mr. Petrov know about this?" was his first question to us. "No, but we were under the impression that he wanted Lexi to bond with the Rizzo's, seeing as she's gonna be one" I spoke up first.

Enzo's thumb was tapping the wheel. He's restless to get to his sister to see if she's alright. He acts tough, but he cares a lot about her. Even if he is pissed she sleeps around like that.

        "Come on, Boris. Get in. We aren't doing anything wrong" Lexi waved her guard to the back door and slid inside without greeting us. Boris huffed and muttered something in Russian. Then he got into the car. I felt it go lower when his heavy body plunked down.

Enzo has an expensive sports car, but he got one with a roomie backseat when he needed to fit a car seat in it. He never leaves the car seat out. He hates the damn thing. But watching Boris squeeze into this car was funny if the situation were less serious. Not that he knows it's serious.

I heard Lexi snort though, and I know it's because he was grumbling. Enzo fixed his rear view mirror and made eyes with Lexi. 

        "Hey gorgeous" he greeted her. I rolled my eyes, but muttered a hello too. Lexi leaned forward until she was in between the two front seats. "So this hangout...where is it?" She spoke in code, but very sarcastically. Good thing she's sarcastic by nature or Boris would've been suspicious.

"It's a nice house. You'll like it" I told her the general area. I doubt she knows it. She hummed and sat back in her seat. I know she's itching to ask more, but she can't.

"Just hang tight," my cousin assured her. I wonder what Giana will think of all this. I wonder what Lexi will think of Giana when they spend more than a single minute in a room together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 497 74
Being the son to the infamous leader of the Italian Mafia Isn't always easy! Dean Sorento counts his blessings that he was raised away from that; by...
71.1K 905 53
"Amore you belong to me and only me got it ?" he whisper in to my ear sending shivers down my spine Leonardo Valentino Manzo soon to be mafia boss a...
73.9K 992 41
Francis Fiore, the leader of the most powerful mafia in the world. He's ruthless, cold, doesn't trust anyone neither loves anyone. He's the most fear...
3.2K 101 42
An FBI agent who gets an opportunity to move to Italy to be an agent there. Of course she takes it right away. The job she loves in the country she l...