Roses & Ruin

By Heartmyart

Evading her darkened past Lexi has no idea just how relevant it'll all be to her future after meeting Anthony... More

Chapter 1 (Lexi)
Chapter 2 (Anthony)
Chapter 3 (Lexi)
Chapter 4 (Anthony)
Chapter 5 (Lexi)
Chapter 6 (Lexi)
Chapter 7 (Lexi)
Chapter 8 (Anthony)
Chapter 9 (Lexi)
Chapter 10 (Lexi)
Chapter 11 (Anthony)
Chapter 12 (Anthony)
Chapter 13 (Anthony)
Chapter 14 (Lexi)
Chapter 15 (Anthony)
Chapter 16 (Lexi)
Chapter 17 (Lexi)
Chapter 18 (Anthony)
Chapter 19 (Anthony)
Chapter 20 (Anthony)
Chapter 21 (Anthony)
Chapter 22 (Lexi)
Chapter 23 (Lexi)
Chapter 24 (Anthony)
Chapter 25 (Lexi)
Chapter 26 (Lexi)
Chapter 27 (Anthony)
Lexi's IG 1
Chapter 28 (Lexi)
Chapter 29 (Lexi)
Sammi's photography
Chapter 30 (Lexi)
Chapter 31 (Anthony)
Chapter 32 (Lexi)
Chapter 33 (Anthony)
Chapter 34 (Lexi)
Chapter 35 (Anthony)
Chapter 36 (Lexi)
Chapter 37 (Anthony)
Chapter 38 (Lexi)
Chapter 39 (Lexi)
Chapter 41 (Anthony)
Chapter 42 (Lexi)
Chapter 43 (Lexi)
Chapter 44 (Anthony)
Chapter 45 (Lexi)
Chapter 46 (Anthony)
Chapter 47 (Lexi)
BONUS Lexi IG
Chapter 48 (Lexi)
Chapter 49 (Anthony)
Chapter 50 (Lexi)
Chapter 51 (Lexi)
Chapter 52 (Anthony)
Chapter 53 (Lexi)
Chapter 54 (Anthony)
Chapter 55 (Lexi)
Chapter 56 (God's eye view)
Chapter 57 (Lexi)
Chapter 58 (Anthony)
Chapter 59 (Anthony)
Chapter 60 (Anthony)
Chapter 61 (Lexi)
Chapter 62 (Lexi)
Chapter 63 (Anthony)
Chapter 64 (Lexi)
Chapter 65 (Lexi)
Chapter 66 (Anthony)
Chapter 67 (Anthony)
Chapter 68 (Lexi)
Milk•Urban Outfitters
Chapter 69 (Anthony)
Chapter 70 (Lexi)
Chapter 71 (Anthony)
Chapter 72 (Anthony)
Chapter 73 (Lexi)
Chapter 74 (Lexi)
Chapter 75 (Anthony)
Chapter 76 (Lexi)
Chapter 77 (Anthony)
Chapter 78 (Lexi)
Portfolio
Chapter 79 (Anthony)
Chapter 80 (Lexi)
Chapter 81 (Lexi)
Chapter 82 (Anthony)
Chapter 83 (Anthony)
Chapter 84 (Anthony)
Chapter 85 (Lexi)
Chapter 86 (Anthony)
Chapter 87 (Anthony)
Chapter 88 (Lexi)
Chapter 89 (Anthony)
Chapter 90 (Lexi)
Chapter 91 (Lexi)
Chapter 92 (Lexi)
Andrei's gift
Chapter 93 (Anthony)
Chapter 94 (Lexi)
Chapter 95 (Anthony)
Chapter 96 (Lexi)
Wedding|Honey moon
Chapter 97 (Lexi)
Chapter 98 (Anthony)
Chapter 99 (Lexi)
Chapter 100 (Anthony)
Chapter 101 (Lexi)
Chapter 102 (Lexi)
Chapter 103 (Anthony)
Chapter 104 (Lexi)
Chapter 105 (Anthony)
Chapter 106 (Lexi)
Chapter 107 (Lexi)
Chapter 108 (Anthony)
Chapter 109 (Lexi)
Chapter 110 (Anthony)
Chapter 111 (Lexi)
PREVIEW

Chapter 40 (Anthony)

2.2K 87 19
By Heartmyart

          My aunt and uncle did the house up nice for this baby shower they decided to throw Giana. Everybody was an asshole about her being pregnant and now suddenly everyone's on board. Hey, I'd rather it that way. Giana needs that.

    The color scheme was baby green and yellow, gender neutral colors. They had all types of shit done up. I spent most of my time outside though. I was with the guys and a couple of the girls out on the terrace furniture. It's gray wicker, cushioned, and has an umbrella over the mat below us to shade us from the sun. 

Fancy type lawn furniture. I don't know what it's all called.

        It was fucking weird watching Lexi be introduced to everyone. She's going to slowly integrate into our group and it feels bizarre. I thought it was kinda awkward when I started seeing Mia around after we broke things off, but this is worse. I guess because it's a secret and because she's promised to my cousin. For me it feels worse having that hook up haunt me more than Mia.

 And how fucking crazy is it that Mia and Lexi fucking know each other!? If this is fate it's working over time.

       The baby shower had wound down and most people left already. I was still outside with a few of the guys and a bottle of whiskey between us. Some were smoking their second cigar of the night. 

"So what do you think about my wife?" Enzo spoke up between the crossing of conversations around the circle. Everyone looked over at him. "One free pass" he gave them permission to speak less than respectfully.

    "She's fucking gorgeous. Those lips...Oh Enzo, you're gonna get premium blowies for life" Bianchi spoke up first and cackled like a fool. I grit my teeth at the comment for whatever reason. I guess because I've felt those lips around my cock and now I won't anymore, and maybe he will some day. 

Would Lexi fuck him? I mean they're getting married. They'll eventually give in to the physical aspect while living in close quarters. Or maybe they'll end up actually liking each other, and grow actual feelings...Don't know how I feel about that either.

        Lucky Lombardo leaned forward until one elbow rested on one knee and he pulled the cigar away from his mouth to speak. "I heard Russian chicks fuck like porn stars. She's gorgeous alright." The guys were laughing and all started making comments. 

Beautiful, sexy, a knockout, 'fuck me' lips, a model wifey. All types of comments. A lot of them dirty, talking about slipping it to her, bending her this way, fucking her face that way. Guy stuff.

     "Rizzo, you're awfully fucking quiet. You jealous of his hot wife? Worried you can't bag a good one" one of the guys fucked with me. I flipped him off. I had to play this off because I was being uncharacteristically quiet.

"If and when I get a wife it sure as hell won't be arranged. And she'll actually want me. Good luck, man. A model wife who won't touch you with a ten foot pole" I nudged him. He chuckled and the guys got revved up, building off of that comment.

     "But Enzo, really, isn't it fucking weird to have an arranged marriage? Are you just gonna cheat on her every day and ignore her or fucking date the chick?" a drunk Georgie asked him. Enzo rubbed the back of his neck and took another swig of his drink.

"Fuck if I know man. Of course it's fucking weird, but the promotion wasn't one I could say no to. Ya know? The rest I'll figure out once the Petrov's are off American soil. They'd try and kill me if I fucked around on the girl while they're around to see it" he told him.

      "I don't know, man. If a father and brother's are willing to give the girl as a fucking contract then I don't think they give a fuck about her. Right?" Alessandro had heavy low lids from the drinks piling up on him. He was leaning back with that fucking toothpick he's always fiddling with. 

"Aw, now that he's a father he sympathizes with the girl" I remarked, just to blend in. It got all the guys cracking up laughing. He isn't wrong though. How can a father do that? Business or not I wouldn't sell off my daughter. Over my fucking dead body.

     "What's her story? What'd she mean when she said she didn't grow up around them and the lifestyle?" Isabella came out of nowhere and asked. I did a double take because I thought she left when Giana did. Giana had a townhouse now, that Alessandro got for her and the baby. I don't know if he'll be staying there with them, but I respected the gesture.

 I won't let him treat my cousin like shit regardless of if he's a De Luca or not.

     Isabella is a pretty girl just like her sister. She's got darker features than Sophia though. She was always the prude of the group, or so us guys would say behind Domani's back when we were younger and the other girls were down to fuck around with us. She's a bit serious. She gets along with Giana who is bitchy, so I guess she just has that type about her.

I watched her go around the group and she decided to sit next to Alessandro, her cousin. He moved over to give her proper space. Then it was Enzo to answer the question she asked us in general.

     "None of us know a damn thing about her. I guess I'll find out eventually" Enzo shrugged. I know Vitaly has a dinner planned and I'm sure there are other events to bring Enzo and Lexi together to meet and whatever else they want from them. 

It's not for her sake. It's for their sake, to build that connection for business dealings. That's why I'm invited to most of it. They'll be dealing more directly with me than anyone else.

     "All I know is I don't trust the Russian's. Sleep with one eye open, huh buddy?" Elio spoke up. Dom had left when Mia did, but Elio stuck around for the drinks and cigars. He's a young single guy and now his two closest buddies are either in a serious relationship or about to have a child.

I think he's feeling the displacement between all that. That's why he's been around so much more with us degenerates.

    "I don't think Lexi is the one to watch out for. It's those brothers of hers you better keep an eye on" I spoke up next. Some of the guys looked at me. "Is it Aleksandra or Lexi?" Isabella asked. "Both. She prefers Lexi" I spoke up then pinched my lips shut. 

I'm getting drunk and almost forgot to act like she's a stranger. Nobody thought anything of it though. Most of us, if not all of us in this group are drunk, high, or both.

     "Maybe she's not the one to watch out for. Who knows. But remember this. She's not an Italian. She's Russian no matter who she's fucking" Alessandro wagged his finger at all of us. When it comes to mobs we really stick to our own kind. It's just how it is. 

Even allies are just enemies who haven't tried anything on us yet. Nobody is a true ally for sure. That's the way organized crime works.

    "To the Russians then" Lucky drunkenly made a toast, almost sloshing his drink onto Bianchi's lap. Romano was the second to raise a drink like a smart ass to the Russians. We ended up all joining in. "To Russian pussy," someone added. 

"Ew, gross" I heard Isabella scoff. It made us laugh and clink cups. I knocked back the harsh liquor and let it slide down my throat until it burned in my belly. Only for a second and the heat was gone. Fuck it. I reached for another. It's gonna be a long night. I can tell.

-

     We drank until the sun was almost up and then we crashed inside my uncle's house in some of the guest rooms or downstairs in the media room on the long sofas. I have a room here. I lived here a lot growing up.

 I cringed when my phone started ringing off the hook. It felt like I fell asleep only an hour ago. But it wouldn't stop ringing so I had to roll over and grab for it. My eyes couldn't even open yet. I was hungover as fuck.

    "Yeah?" Was the only way I could answer it. My voice was gritty with sleep and I was only half alert. 

"Rizzo, wake the fuck up. We've got a problem" I heard Dom's deep serious voice. I'm surprised he called me over Enzo. He doesn't like me. That means this must be serious. "And wake up your fucking cousin. I couldn't get through to anybody. All your fucking phones should be on" he snapped from the other end. Ah that makes more sense.

     "What's going on?" I asked, sitting up and trying to make myself alert. "Just get the guys and meet me at the club" was all he said before hanging up on me. When he says club he means the Velvet Lounge. It's a good place to round us guys up during the day, all in one place when a meeting needs to be held.

 I quickly got to my feet and left the bedroom. I started knocking on doors. 

"Let's go. Wake up. Dom's calling us and nobody's answering. Let's go" I started hollering down the hall knocking on every door. I quickly padded down the staircase and down to the media room a floor below. I started slapping the walls like a drum to wake everybody up.

     "Get the fuck up. Rise and sunshine. Dom's calling an emergency meeting. Let's go" I spoke loud to be sure to stir them awake. I heard various groans and people stretching and flinching at their hangovers. "What's going on?" I heard Bianchi's tired croak of a voice. 

"I don't know. He just said to get to the club. Pronto" I slapped the wall again to be sure everyone was up. Then I hustled back up to my bedroom to at least put on a  change of clothes.

We all look pitiful. Still half drunk, smelling like booze, in wrinkled clothes from yesterday's baby shower. I splashed some water on my face to come to my senses, but I can't get ready like this is a beauty pageant. If Dom says come now, it's gotta be now-now.

         My uncle came over to me once I rounded everyone up. "He didn't call me. What's this about?" He asked me. I shrugged.  "If he didn't call you it must be hands on" I told my Uncle John. 

If the old guys aren't invited it's usually trouble, and nobody wants their pops or Zio's getting popped because we put them against a bunch of young punks or whatever the problem is. 

My guess is the Irish. I can feel it in my bones.

     "I think I'm gonna throw up" I heard someone groaning behind me as they walked outside to the cars. My uncle patted my back and asked me to keep in touch. I told him I would. Let's see then. Trouble's coming.

-

       At the club there were all the youngin' heads of households and the top bosses, of course. We all sat down and waited for Dom to explain what was going on. Dom took a second to look at all of us and he shook his head. "Pull yourselves together" he spat at us before standing in that boss-like stance he loves standing in.

        "Early this morning there was a brick thrown through Giana's front parlor window" Dom started. My head snapped to Enzo's and his head snapped to mine. "Woah, wait a minute. Is she alright?" Enzo stood up. Dom waved him to sit back down.

"She's fine. It was just a warning. They were kind enough to leave a note. She called you Enzo. Now isn't the time to have fucking phones off" he scolded my cousin. "My phone must've died" he checked his pocket like he hadn't even noticed.

"Is it the Irish?" I moved things along. Dom looked my way and gave me a curt nod. "The note said 'whore' signed by Liam O' Riley," he told us. I grit my teeth. Calling my cousin a whore instead of going after us. The fucking coward.

       "Well this directly involves you Dom. Because of what you did in front of Conry. So what're you gonna do about it?" I spoke up, even though I knew he wouldn't take kindly to the attitude. Fuck him. This is his fault. 

When his head snapped in my direction everyone froze in place. Waiting. He bounded over to me until we were toe to toe. 

"You have something to say to me?" He bulked up his chest. "Yeah, I just fucking said it" I gave it right back to him. 

"Dom" Elio called him. He knows now is not the time. Dom's jaw clenched and unclenched a few times before he stepped back and looked at everyone in the room again.

     "We think the brick was a warning that more is coming. And we have to assume it's as soon as today. I want vigilance. I want our goons on the ready. I've got some of my guys checking out the Irish hangouts to see if anything's outta place. You wait for my word" Dom looked around to each of us. Everyone nodded one after the other.

"Is my sister in danger?" Enzo looked antsy now. He doesn't like this and neither do I. "We're all targets," Dom pointed out. "Yeah, but her especially. She was his brother's ex fiance. There's a connection there. She's the most vulnerable target" Enzo went on.

"Would the pricks go after a pregnant chick?" Somebody asked. 

        "You think they fucking care?!" We heard a voice coming from somewhere. When we looked around we saw Alessandro walking in. He wasn't originally here at the start of the meeting. Alessandro walked up to Dom and clasped his shoulder. 

"She's secure," he told him. I guess he got Giana somewhere safe. It is his kid in harm's way after all. At least one of the De Luca's takes some fucking responsibility around here.

    "Gentlemen, this might be the moment we've all been waiting for. The Irish are ready to strike back, and at the worst fucking time. I'm sure they know the Russian's are in town. Let's do our best to keep word away from the Petrov's. They don't need to know about the Irish. Clearing them out was our end of this bargain" Dom addressed us again. "Be ready."

------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Do we love when Anthony Rizzo speaks out? (especially against Dom)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

401K 8.2K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
2.5M 58K 81
Mia Fiore has been running from dangerous men for half her life. Now that she's focused on a fashion career and finally reuniting with her brother, i...
150K 4.4K 63
"That's a good girl, Isabella," he murmurs, his words dripping with satisfaction. "Let go. Give in to me." ------- BOOK 1 in the RUSSIAN MADE MAN SER...
26.4K 1.2K 33
(Book 2-Sequel to Found In Darkness) A crime boss' true identity threatens his new found love with the daughter of his enemy. ...