Roses & Ruin

Autorstwa Heartmyart

Evading her darkened past Lexi has no idea just how relevant it'll all be to her future after meeting Anthony... Więcej

Chapter 1 (Lexi)
Chapter 2 (Anthony)
Chapter 3 (Lexi)
Chapter 4 (Anthony)
Chapter 5 (Lexi)
Chapter 6 (Lexi)
Chapter 7 (Lexi)
Chapter 8 (Anthony)
Chapter 9 (Lexi)
Chapter 10 (Lexi)
Chapter 11 (Anthony)
Chapter 13 (Anthony)
Chapter 14 (Lexi)
Chapter 15 (Anthony)
Chapter 16 (Lexi)
Chapter 17 (Lexi)
Chapter 18 (Anthony)
Chapter 19 (Anthony)
Chapter 20 (Anthony)
Chapter 21 (Anthony)
Chapter 22 (Lexi)
Chapter 23 (Lexi)
Chapter 24 (Anthony)
Chapter 25 (Lexi)
Chapter 26 (Lexi)
Chapter 27 (Anthony)
Lexi's IG 1
Chapter 28 (Lexi)
Chapter 29 (Lexi)
Sammi's photography
Chapter 30 (Lexi)
Chapter 31 (Anthony)
Chapter 32 (Lexi)
Chapter 33 (Anthony)
Chapter 34 (Lexi)
Chapter 35 (Anthony)
Chapter 36 (Lexi)
Chapter 37 (Anthony)
Chapter 38 (Lexi)
Chapter 39 (Lexi)
Chapter 40 (Anthony)
Chapter 41 (Anthony)
Chapter 42 (Lexi)
Chapter 43 (Lexi)
Chapter 44 (Anthony)
Chapter 45 (Lexi)
Chapter 46 (Anthony)
Chapter 47 (Lexi)
BONUS Lexi IG
Chapter 48 (Lexi)
Chapter 49 (Anthony)
Chapter 50 (Lexi)
Chapter 51 (Lexi)
Chapter 52 (Anthony)
Chapter 53 (Lexi)
Chapter 54 (Anthony)
Chapter 55 (Lexi)
Chapter 56 (God's eye view)
Chapter 57 (Lexi)
Chapter 58 (Anthony)
Chapter 59 (Anthony)
Chapter 60 (Anthony)
Chapter 61 (Lexi)
Chapter 62 (Lexi)
Chapter 63 (Anthony)
Chapter 64 (Lexi)
Chapter 65 (Lexi)
Chapter 66 (Anthony)
Chapter 67 (Anthony)
Chapter 68 (Lexi)
Milk•Urban Outfitters
Chapter 69 (Anthony)
Chapter 70 (Lexi)
Chapter 71 (Anthony)
Chapter 72 (Anthony)
Chapter 73 (Lexi)
Chapter 74 (Lexi)
Chapter 75 (Anthony)
Chapter 76 (Lexi)
Chapter 77 (Anthony)
Chapter 78 (Lexi)
Portfolio
Chapter 79 (Anthony)
Chapter 80 (Lexi)
Chapter 81 (Lexi)
Chapter 82 (Anthony)
Chapter 83 (Anthony)
Chapter 84 (Anthony)
Chapter 85 (Lexi)
Chapter 86 (Anthony)
Chapter 87 (Anthony)
Chapter 88 (Lexi)
Chapter 89 (Anthony)
Chapter 90 (Lexi)
Chapter 91 (Lexi)
Chapter 92 (Lexi)
Andrei's gift
Chapter 93 (Anthony)
Chapter 94 (Lexi)
Chapter 95 (Anthony)
Chapter 96 (Lexi)
Wedding|Honey moon
Chapter 97 (Lexi)
Chapter 98 (Anthony)
Chapter 99 (Lexi)
Chapter 100 (Anthony)
Chapter 101 (Lexi)
Chapter 102 (Lexi)
Chapter 103 (Anthony)
Chapter 104 (Lexi)
Chapter 105 (Anthony)
Chapter 106 (Lexi)
Chapter 107 (Lexi)
Chapter 108 (Anthony)
Chapter 109 (Lexi)
Chapter 110 (Anthony)
Chapter 111 (Lexi)
PREVIEW

Chapter 12 (Anthony)

2.7K 126 19
Autorstwa Heartmyart

        I raised my hand to press the call button in front of me then lost conviction and dropped it. Giana huffed and bumped past me, pressing harshly with intent. I'd just like to ask how the fuck I got here? I shouldn't be here, and yet Giana played her sympathy card on me and won. She cried, pleading that I come with her when she faced Dom today.

She said she was afraid of how it might all turn out. With Alessandro telling Dom all this...she feared it would get physical.

All I kept picturing was Dom and Ale fist fighting like animals and accidentally knocking Giana over in the process. Or her trying to break up the fight and someone's elbow hitting her right in the belly. I couldn't let that happen.

         Giana tried phoning Dom to prepare him, but the asshole was ignoring her calls and left us no choice. She told Alessandro he better get his ass over to Dom's place cuz she was going to show up. Alessandro confirmed he was with Dom and that they were headed to his apartment. That's all Giana needed to know and she was off. Me right behind her.

Domani De Luca lives in a very secure building. To even enter the lobby you need to know somebody in the building and they have to call up and get permission for you to even touch the elevators up to his floor. 

Since Ale was with Dom he must've been the one to give us access because they didn't hassle us. That's what led us here to his private elevator, which will start moving once we hit the call button up to Dom's.

        I could tell Giana was nervous because she's fidgeted today more than I've ever seen her fidget before. She keeps rubbing her belly and chewing on her inner cheek just like her brother does when he's deep in thought too.

I keep rubbing the back of my neck and huffing when I think about the shit I'm about to have to deal with. It won't be simple. Nothing with Dom ever is. 

And worse, I don't even blame him this time. What they did was shitty and he deserved to know. So I understand his reaction when he inevitably flips out. But Dom doesn't like me much these days and my being here might be a deflection to where his rage goes.

        When the elevator jolted and started moving up and up to the top penthouse floor I found myself releasing one last huff. I looked at Giana who looked at me, but neither of us said anything. The ding of the doors opening to the foyer of Dom's very luxury apartment gained his obvious attention. He was already coming around the corner to see who was barging in.

Domani De Luca is the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome. Emphasis on the 'dark' as more than just his black head of hair. He's broad shouldered and very fit, which he's sure to show in his designer, well tailored suits.

He has sharp eyes and an even sharper jaw. I get why women see him and swoon, but they don't know him like I know him. For all his handsome looks and height and blue eyes he's still a deeply flawed man. 

I know women like the idea of a bad boy, but there's a bad boy...and then there's Domani De Luca.

        "What the fu-" Dom didn't get to finish his curse before Alessandro admitted from behind him that he'd let us up. Alessandro isn't as tall as Dom or as strong, but he's mostly fit and a lot better company than his cousin. He's got the dark eyes and Italian features. Those things would matter when finding out whose fathering Giana's kid. Blue eyes? Brown?

Dom was in one of his tailored suits and he immediately puffed out his chest when he saw Giana and I standing there. First a glare at me and then he dropped his eyes and paused.

His blue gaze stayed fixed on Giana's very round, very obvious pregnant belly. And suddenly the man looked almost pale. His jaw went slack and his fists balled tight.

        "Giana...what the-what the fuck is that?" Dom's voice was deep and angry and maybe even a little off kilter. My cousin took hold of her belly as a reflex to his scowl. Dom took one then two steps back.

"Giana...don't tell me you really did this to me? You fucking told me you weren't keeping it. I told Mia...oh fuck, Mia..." Dom grabbed his hair and tugged, whirling around and walking out of the foyer altogether. We followed.

"We need to talk, Dom" Giana finally found her words. She glanced at Alessandro who looked like he was ready to go pale himself. He was nervous. I could even see that. At Giana's words Dom swung back around snapping his jaws when he shouted out, "You think?!"

        "Dom, listen" Alessandro was next to speak up. I was sure to remain a step into the background. I was here to protect Giana, not voice a single word or stick myself in anything else. It doesn't involve me and I'm not eager to try and change that.

Alessandro's words didn't even register in his cousin's ears. He was still very much glaring at Giana and that belly of hers. 

"WHY?" Dom barked out. Because of his apartment's high ceilings his voice bounced off the walls and came harshly back to us. I saw Giana flinch. Then I watched a sense of determination wash over her. She rounded her shoulders and tipped her chin up at him.

        "Dom, there's more to this story, so sit down and shut up a second" Giana's usual attitude sparked up. This is the Giana I recognize. Not her docile and nervous. Dom's nostrils flared and I swear I saw steam, but he looked at Ale then her again, and he was starting to look more suspicious and less angry. He sat.

Alessandro stood beside Giana and ran a hand through his hair. He looked at her to see if she wanted to start this off or if he should finally stop being a pussy and do what he'd been promising to do since the start of all this. Instead Giana took control.

        "Look, I know I told you I wanted to terminate but I changed my mind last minute. The thing is Dom...the baby might not be yours" she told him. I watched relief then confusion flitter through Dom's expression and demeanor. He's stiff and uncomfortable. I don't blame him. I wish they'd just spit it out all at once and stop draggin' it out for christ sake.

"There's no easy way to tell you this man, but..."

I heard Alessandro start telling Dom the story Giana had told me many months ago. I barely listened to the words. I was too busy watching Dom to see what he'd do. At first he sat there and actually listened. He had to. He needed to understand everything before he could react. It was too important for him to know for sure.

Then the talking stopped and Dom shot up like a firecracker.

He rushed forward and grabbed Alessandro by the lapels of his suit coat. He shook him hard when he asked, "Are you fucking kidding me?! You knew you fucked her raw on the SAME day I did and you didn't say shit about it?! You let me freak out and take the whole blame in front of Mia. Are you fucking for real?!"

If a man could hiss he just did.

        "Dom, I know it's fucked, but I didn't remember until after...I-we, shit man, it's just a fucked up situation all around" was Ale's weak response. He was trying to pry his cousins' fists off him but he couldn't make him budge even an inch. Dom let go himself though. He let go of the lapels of Ale's jacket so he could punch him square in the face.

It was all so quick. Dom raising his fist and slamming it down with speed and force. Giana shrieked and Alessandro stumbled back and grabbed the sofa so he wouldn't tumble over altogether. 

        "You mother fucker !! You knew these past 6 months that she was still goddamn pregnant and you had the fucking balls to stand by my side and not say shit about it!!" Dom lunged after him. I even flinched at the second hard hit to Alessandro's head. When Giana stepped forward I stepped quicker and pulled her away from the action.

"That part doesn't involve you" I told her low in her ear.

"I'M SORRY, ALRIGHT?!" Alessandro shouted, shoving at his cousin to get him off of him. He was practically falling over the sofa at this point and couldn't get his footing with Dom constantly lunging forward to hit him and cuss at him.

        "Fucking sorry?!" I heard Dom hiss amidst more grabbing, fists flying, and the two men suddenly rolling to the ground. I stood in front of Giana to be sure she'd be alright. The apartment is spacious, but still they were starting to fly all over the place.

At one point Alessandro managed to get up and almost went for Dom's staircase, which leads to his second floor of the penthouse. I finally stepped forward and said, "Alright" reminding them that Giana was here and trying to speak with them.

        Dom's chest was heaving. He used the back of his sleeve to wipe at his mouth where I thought I saw a tint of pink. Alessandro's shirt was ripped and Dom's whole suit was slightly disheveled. Both of them ran a hand through their hair to set everything in place.

"I'll deal with you later" Dom pointed a long stern finger at his cousin. His eyes told Alessandro that he wasn't nearly finished. Finally Dom turned back towards Giana and he stepped in her direction, which made me stiffen up. But Dom didn't even look at me. He looked past me.

        "Your a fucking asshole too. You know its fucked what you did. You realize your messing with people's actual fucking lives, right Giana? Its not a fucking game. I should've known I might be having a goddamn kid. I should've known that I needed to talk to Mia and...if she breaks up with me...HA... you both better run if she does," Dom's voice went eerily calm at the end when he looked between Giana and Alessandro.

"Don't threaten my cousin" I spoke up for the second time in all this. 

Dom's head snapped my way and he grit his teeth. "Fuck all of you. Fuck you for knowing this shit for months" Dom started to yell at me, but then just started yelling in general.

He whipped around and shoved at his side table. It made a clattering sound when the items on top of the table all fell over. But then he grabbed the whole table itself and flung it across the room. CRASH.

Giana gasped and flinched. Alessandro was still in a stance like he was waiting for the next swing.

        "FUCK" Dom cursed at the wall, slamming it with his fist. Giana started to get emotional, which she seems to be doing a lot in this final trimester of her pregnancy. She sniffled and turned to me. All I could do was rub her back and tell her it'd be alright.

Will it? Fuck if I know. That bull raging through his apartment might be the father of her child...I don't think any of us are ready to handle that.

The rest turned into a blur of yelling. Dom was yelling and yelling and finally Giana snapped and started yelling back. The incoherent swearing turned into arguing. They argued for what felt like forever.

Alessandro was hesitant to argue with them at first. He knew he was on thin ice with his cousin, but when Dom brought him into the conversion he had no choice but to respond. And so the shouting went three ways and got nowhere.

        I said I wouldn't get involved, but my nerves were shot after standing there and listening to all that chaos. They needed to be redirected to the point of all this. Yes, Dom has a right to be angry, but it isn't about his anger, this is about finding out who the father is.

"Aye," I said to get their attention. Nothing. 

"AYE, fucking hell, can we get to the point here? You needa take a damn paternity test or whatever the hell it is" I spoke louder, not to yell but to be heard over them. Everyone stopped. Dom exhaled a long frustrated breath and pinched the bridge of his nose.

        "Rizzo, you being here is really fucking bothering me" Dom strained to remain calm. I rolled my eyes at him and slid my hands into my pant pockets while I remained right in place.

"And you treating my cousin like shit when you're the one who fucked her raw is botherin' me" I couldn't help my tongue from wagging. I saw blue fire in his eyes. He perked up at my talking back and started to come at me.

Giana grabbed his arm harshly and tugged to keep him there. She glared up at him and he scowled down at her. Then he looked back at me, and without another word all he did was point at me like he had Alessandro. Like he was warning me that something was coming for me.

Dom coming at me only means one thing...I get to defend myself, which means I get to punch that asshole in the face. Heavy hands and all that. That's what they tell me.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.1M 35.7K 75
BOOK 2- This is the continuation of Renzo and Kat's story, with added BONUS chapters from characters like Dante, etc. If you HAVEN'T read the Origin...
3.2K 101 42
An FBI agent who gets an opportunity to move to Italy to be an agent there. Of course she takes it right away. The job she loves in the country she l...
67.1K 1.8K 35
•••• 𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐨 Being in the shadows, she gets no attention from her abusive father. Only wanting to go to collage and become succes...
17.1K 497 74
Being the son to the infamous leader of the Italian Mafia Isn't always easy! Dean Sorento counts his blessings that he was raised away from that; by...