Summers End

By MissDicey

Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple... More

Chapter 1 - Summers End
Chapter 2 - Summers End
Chapter 4 - Summers End
Chapter 5 - Summers End
Chapter 6 - Summers End
Chapter 7 - Summers End
Chapter 8 - Summers End
Chapter 9 - Summers End
Chapter 10 - Summers End
Chapter 11 - Summers End
Chapter 12 - Summers End
Chapter 13 - Summers End
Chapter 14 - Summers End
Chapter 15 - Summers End
Chapter 16 - Summers End
Chapter 17 - Summers End
Chapter 18 - Summers End
Chapter 19 - Summers End
Chapter 20 - Summers End
Chapter 21 - Summers End
Chapter 22 - Summers End
Chapter 23 - Summers End
Chapter 24 - Summers End
Chapter 25 - Summers End
Chapter 26 - Summers End
Chapter 27 - Summers End
Chapter 28 - Summers End
Chapter 29 - Summers End
Chapter 30 - Summers End
Chapter 31 - Summers End
Chapter 32 - Summers End

Chapter 3 - Summers End

15.3K 176 8
By MissDicey

We made our way down the path to his red truck I climbed in, he started it up.

We started to climb the big hill in town with the music playing 'Just the Way you Are' the further we got up the more of the ocean we could see.

We turned into a dirt road that you would only see if you knew it was there. He found a spot underneath a tree to park under.

Matt went to the back of the car and handed me a basket and he grabbed the rug and the cooler.

“So were going on a picnic?” I guessed.

“Yes, it’s my favourite spot here only I know about it, so don't go telling everyone about it,” he said with a big smile across his face.

I followed him down a dirt path we walked for about 5 minutes downhill.

We appeared from the bush into a nice green meadow backing onto the beach it was beautiful.

The field was a dark green with flowers through it and the beach was a crystal blue with no waves so it was more like a bay. We decided to get a spot underneath a big shady tree.

“This is beautiful,” I said amazed

“Knew you would like” he said with his smile that I have come to love.

We rolled the rug out I put down the basket and pulled out a bottle of water.

“So how did you find this place,” I asked

“Well I was about 10 and I went for a walk I was going to the real lookout a bit further up the street but I saw a little path so I followed it and it lead me here; no one knows about it so don’t go around telling everyone about it ok.” He said looking into my eyes.

“I won’t tell anyone about this place promise,” I answered.

“Okay I want to learn some things about you,” I told him.

“Ok, shoot.” He replied.

“Family?” I asked

“There’s my younger sister she’s 15 then there’s my mom and dad.” He answered. “You?”

“My big brother he’s a senior in college this year then there’s my parents.”

“How long have you lived here?” I asked.

“All my life” he answered back.

“When was your first kiss?” I questioned.

He went bright red then said “Last year,” he looked so embarrassed “and it was only a peck so I’ve never really kissed anyone. When was yours?”

“In seventh grade, it was to the school player he got dared to.”

“Want to build a sandcastle,” I asked.

“Sure”

We raced over to the sand and started to build the biggest sandcastle ever we had towers a motor, tunnels the whole lot I felt like I was a little kid again we joked around throw sand at each other.

After we were finished we stepped back to take a closer look.

Then out of nowhere the whole back of me got drenched I turned to see Matt standing there with the cheekiest smile on his face.

I ran into the water and started to splash water all over each other.

By the time we were finished we were drenched from head to toe we got really hungry so we sat under the tree eating strawberries, sandwiches and drinking water.

It was about 2 when we finished lunch and I was stuffed. We lent against the tree.

“That was a great lunch,” I said looking over to him.

“Thanks glad you liked it,” he said with his beautiful smile in his face.

I moved my head and rested it on his chest; he started to comb my hair it felt so right; from that moment on I knew we were going to be so much more than friends. I then drifted off to sleep.

* * *

“Bell, Bell, Bell” Matt was saying while shaking me.

“Huh, hmm what?” I moaned dazed and confused of my where about.

“Bell we have to start heading home it’s nearly six” he said checking his watch.

“What did I fall asleep?” I asked.

“Yeah we both did, I just woke up,” he stated.

We got up and packed up the rug and food then started our climb up the hill to the car; we chucked all the stuff in the back got in.

“Buckle up for safety,” he said with a big grin.

I returned a smiled at him buckled in, we then started our way home.

We reached my house about 10 minutes after leaving.

He cut the engine we made our way to the front porch the sun was down by now so the porch light was on and I knew my parents would be wondering where I am.

“I had a really nice day today,” I said with my little smile I did when I was flirting.

“Glad you enjoyed it,” he replied pulling me into a hug and pecked me on top of my head; I got a shiver all through my body. 

My arms were wrapped around his neck when he released me from the hug his hands where around my hips our heads inches apart.

We leaned in our lips just about to touch when I heard the door open we pulled apart and stood either side of the door.

Embarrassment written all of our faces.

“What’s going on here?” my dad asked a question and when he did you answered.

“Umm, nothing; see you tomorrow Matt,” I said not even looking at them I ran inside.

“Isabell, come back here,” dad yelled for me.

I suddenly stopped at the beginning of the hall; I turned and made my way back to the door.

“Yes dad.” I said.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit rude to leave your guest on the outside why don’t you invite him in I would love to have a talk with him” dad said with a smirk across his face.

“Come on in Matt,” as I motioned him to come in he grabbed my hand our fingers just naturally intertwined I shot a warning glance at him to not doing anything stupid; but he just looked back at me with that cheeky smile that he had today when he wet me.

We sat down at the dinner table Matt and I one side and my parents at the other; it felt so awkward.

We sat there in silence for about a minute when Matt broke the silence.

“So Mr and Mrs Andrew’s it’s so nice to finally meet you, I’m Matt” he stated.

“Hi Matthew I’m Cameron and this is Tiffany,” my father said motioning to mom.

“So you fancy my daughter do you?” my father asked.

“Yes sir I really like her.” Matt said it made me smile; it made me feel so special.

“And how do you expect this relationship to work we won’t be here for very long only a couple of more weeks,”

“Well we will not get to serious. I just really enjoy her company. We just have heaps of fun and that’s what we are all going to be about just having fun.” He said rubbing my hand which was on the table in full display.

"I just want to make a few things clear," dad said eyeing down Matt. Oh god Matt wouldn't want anything to do with me after this i thought to myself. "If you hurt her I will personally hunt you down to kill you," I looked at Matt he nodded in agreement with my father.

This conversation has just ruined my holidays.

"So do you have any plans for the future," dad questioned.

"Well this year is my senior year so after that I'm thinking of going to college to study journalism," Matt informed my parents.

"I've always hated journalists," I couldn't believe dad just said that I have to get Matt out of here now before dad says something really embarrassing.

"Oh, look at the time Matts parents are probaly wondering where he is," i said getting up pulling Matt towards the door.

“Well, it was nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Andrew.” Matt said calling over his shoulder to my parent’s.

I walked Matt out our hands not letting go.

“So that was awkward and I'm so sorry about my dad, he's the reason why i haven't really had many boyfirends,” I said burying my head into his chest once we were outside.

“No, they were nice,” he said patting my head.

"Are you kidding my dad said that he hated journalists and threatned to kill you if you hurt me," I said in disbelief how could Matt think my parents are nice.

"It was sorta cute he really doesn't want anything to happen to you that's why he said that stuff," he reassured me.

"I was just wondering did you really mean what you said in there," i asked remembering his comment he made.

"Yes, I really like you," he stated. "Do you like me?" he wondered.

“Does this answer your question,” I asked.

I then closed the space between us and kissed him I could tell he was surprised at our kiss, I looked at him he had the biggest smile on his face and his big green eyes where shining.

He placed his hand at the back of my head and pulled me in for more.

Our lips moved in unison it would have to be the best kiss I had ever had.

His breath smelt like sweet lemon. The kiss lasted of few seconds then we pulled away. Looking into each other’s eyes we knew that this relationship wasn’t just be about having fun it would be so much more.

“Yeah I think it answers my question nicely,” he said.

We kissed for another couple of seconds remembering my parents are inside and probaly watching.

“I really have to be getting home they would be wondering where I’m.” He said kissing my forehead making his way down the stairs; jumped in his car and made his way home.

I ran into my room and rung up Steph told her about today and what happened she was so happy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 4.1K 29
All Nadine Carter has ever wanted was to live happily with her parents, have a loving sweet boyfriend and friends she could count on. When she reache...
1.9K 1.1K 89
**Book one of the Aurorann River series** Iris wanted to get away from her life at home because it was very unsafe. She was mistreated and abused bec...
3K 178 30
Dani and Rose ,two best friends move into an apartment together.New loves are discovered, fights are had,pranks are pulled, secrets revealed.There is...
Lethal Lust By Kit

General Fiction

239K 9.5K 40
[COMPLETED] Elijah and Jess had been unbreakable since high school, so it comes as no surprise to anyone when the young couple decides to tie-the-kno...