Secret's fruits basket season...

By mariahstar14

Follow star's journey as she continues To try to break the soma family curse. Will her own past come to hunt... More

Chapter 1 Hello again pt1
Chapter 2 hello again part 2
Chapter 3 Marriage?!
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 Stop making me look closer.
Chapter 6 Knew about the shop, but not what kind.
Chapter 7 Ayame's shop
Chapter 8 It's a nice change from your usual style.
Chapter 9 Aren't you tired of hiding it!
Not an update
Chapter 11 "I Was Worried About You!"
Chapter 12 Ginger pork
Chapter 13 A hunted house.
Chapter 14 I've never been this excited about summer vacation!
Chapter 15 Summer vacation!
Chapter 16 Would you listen to me too...
Chapter 17 I didn't know gangs smashed watermelon's.
Chapter 18 I didn't know you like pancakes!
Chapter 19 What would i do without you...
Chapter 20 It'll be fun!
Chapter 21 Meeting a new zodiac.
Chapter 22 I love you...
Chapter 23 I Don't Love Her!
Chapter 24 Until the very last moment.
Chapter 25 Maybe i'm stronger now.
Chapter 26 I'm god.
Chapter 27 Whatever strength I have, is theirs.
Chapter 28 Home sweet home
Chapter 29 There was a certain person he'd rather be hearing that from.
Chapter 30 Getting To Know The Student Counsel
Chapter 31 Young people were meant to fight.
Chapter 32 The Man I Call Father
Chapter 33 Plans For The Future
Chapter 34 somen party!
Chapter 35 She Wants You To Be Her Big Brother!
Chapter 36 I'll wish for them...
chapter 37 Kyo... Is A Mystery
chapter 38 Add color and they will shine.
Chapter 39 Your Strength Alone... Isn't Enough.
Chapter 40 What Is Your Reason.
chapter 41 Picking The Roles.
Chapter 43 Purely And Sincerely.
Chapter 44 Your Opening My Heart Little By Little... Day By Day...
Chapter 45 Cinderella-ish
Chapter 46 To Even Let Myself Think That.
Chapter 47 I Wish... For Change To Come.
Chapter 48 My Curse... Has Broken.
Chapter 49 Akito is a woman?

chapter 42 So close, And Yet... So Far. Like A Mother.

33 0 0
By mariahstar14

Flash back to when yuki was a child
Yuki layed down and turned to the light that was outside in the darkness. Even the dawn light seemed dreary. Yuki got up rubbing his throat as he went to the drawer in his room looking for something. He found the hat kyo dropped. I need to return this, but he probably won't take it. I didn't know his story. How much he must have been hurting. None of it. If i did what he wanted and dropped off the face of the earth, would some of that pain disappear with me? Yuki picked up a mirror looking at himself.

Doesn't look good. If i go away, maybe for the first time, i'll be useful. The world is dark. Everyone hates me. If nobody needs me, then what reason is there for me to even be here?
Akito: are you going to die? Well... are you?
The mirror in yuki's hand broke cracking.

He had tears in his eyes dropping the broken mirror and running out of the room.
Yuki: something burts. Something inside my heart tore open.
Yuki changed into some clothes and left the room.
Yuki: i didn't think. I just desperately needed to move– to run away. I'm not sure if i wanted to hurt myself, or to escape the pain. Or maybe... just didn't know when to give up. It was so early, almost no one was around. I ran on and on. I kept running even when it was painful. I found myself in an area i didn't know, but i kept going. Then i heard something that made me stop.
Akari let out a loud cry. Ma'am, it's early morning. Please lower your voice. A police officer said. You want me to lower my damn voice? How can i do that when my precious baby is missing? Stop talking and help me look for her already! Akari shouted. Kari let's head inside while they search you need to calm down. Kyoko said trying to calm akari down. No! She is my everything i need her back. You know who will kill her if she's out there. Please we have to hurry! Akari said shaking one of the police officers. Like i said, we need a thorough description of her– you have one! I already told you, she's a cute girl with two cute bow's, cute clothes, a cute voice, and a cute little face! What more do you need?! Akari said sobbing. So much more! The police said. Akari sobbed in kyoko's arms. She's so adorable– that alone could be one of the reasons enough to kidnap her! Akari looked up at kyoko. What'll i do? I already lost Mitsuya. If anything were to happen to my sweet girl, i would... have to kill someone! Akari said as she cracked her knuckles and red arua surrounding her. Yeah, that's right! Whoever took her will pay! Kyoko said also cracking her knuckles. Um, please calm down, ladies! The police officer said. Yuki watched in fear and shock. She's scary. Yuki said in his mind. Never mind! We'll look for her ourselves. Come on kyoko. Akari said as they tried to walk away but the officers stopped them. Uh, please. It's a better idea for you to wait at home. The officer said. No! Akari shouted. She's really upset. So there are moms out there who care a lot about their kids. Yuki said beginning to walk away but relazied something. Hold on. When i was running before, i think... somewhere around here... yuki looked over and saw star crying sitting on some steps. Found her. Poor thing. Yuki said in his mind. Star sobbed then looked up and saw a boy staring at her. I need to let that woman know. Yuki said then started to make his way back. Star got up and followed him. Yuki turned around hearing foot steps and panting. He saw star following him making him shocked to see her following him.

Oh, no, she's following me! What should i do? I can't risk her getting close to me. Yuki said in his mind as he continued to run. Star yelped making yuki turn around. She layed on the ground as she tripped over something.

Her outfit all dirty she rose her head still crying as she had a bruise on her head from falling.

Yuki eyes widend a bit as he blsuhed. He then turned and kept running. Star brushed her tears with her sleeve then got up chasing after yuki. Right now, she's entrusting her entire world to me. Frantically chasing after me so she won't be lost and alone. Star didn't see which way yuki turned when he got to a two way. She stoped looking left then looked to the right and saw yuki making him continue running.

She's relying... on me. Star looked right again and saw yuki and followed him. This girl needs me. Yuki stopped and was panting holding his chest.

While star slowly walked up to him out of breath. Yuki turned while catching his breath with a smile on his face. Look, we're here. You made it. Star slowly walked up to yuki still breathing heavily. Yuki then placed the hat on star's head. Huh? She asked as she stared at the ground.

Yuki then ran away from there house. She turned and looked around noticing they were in her neighbore hood. Star turned and saw her two story house. Then looked at the porch and saw kyoko and her mom sitting there. Kyoko hugged akari as she sobbed. Auntie? Mommy! Akari rose her head to see star running toward her. Mommy! Star said crying as she ran. Star? Star! Akari said running toward star. Mommy! Star said as she jumped into akari's arms making the hat fall off. They hugged while crying. My precious baby. Akari cried as she hugged star tighter.

Good. i'm glad. Was i actually useful for once? Yuki watched in his rat form from a distance while star bawled her eyes out while clinging tightly to her mother. I think i was. Yuki sat down and started to cry. That makes me so happy. Because... i'll always have this. No matter what, i'll know what there was a moment when i mattered. When someone else... needed me. Even if nobody remembers... even if you forget, i'll know. There was, definitely.
Yuki headed back to the estate he walked in and the servant gasp seeing yuki. Yuki, where in the world have been? Yuki then fell into the maids arms. Not now. The doctor. Call him at once! Yes, ma'am. Yuki looked up and saw akito staring at him.
Yuki: this world isn't all brightness and light. But it's not all dark either.
End of flash back
There's more than just darkness. I know that know. Much more. Yuki said in his mind with his eyes closed. so... what's this pitiful, pathetic secret of yours? You've been sittin' there all quiet. Manabe said making yuki sit up stright. Sorry. Got lost in an old memory. It was a dark time in my life. I was abandoned by my parents ad kept isolated from the rest of the world. That's around when i met miss takashi. It was just once. We were really little, and i didn't ask her name, so i didn't realize it was her when we finally met again. That day, she gave me hope– made me want to stay strong. 'Cause the world's not all dark. But it didn't last. In time, i got weak again. My soul did. I could see what was happening, of course, but little by little, i began to lose the small amount of ground i'd gained. The darkness was immense and overwhelming. And in the end, it twisted me, too. I'm an idiot. Hope turned into despair. And adoration into envy. I wanted him to like me. For us to become friends. That's all i wanted. Ultimately, i withdrew into my shell. As if by rejecting the world, i could protect myself. I was lost. But then, she showed up again, like she had so long before,

to remind me of what i'd forgotten. Always there, by my side, willing to listen to any stupid thing i needed to talk about. She didn't scold, just heard me out.
Over... and over. Time and again, she accepted me.

She's precious to me. Like the sky– so close, and yet... so far. Like a mother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 689 64
Fruits basket X reader Akitos sibling Your Akitos sibling and you love the zodiacs with all your heart. They love you just as much as the next perso...
7.1K 51 75
hello weebs and weclome back to another book with my oc character star but her last name will be changed to takashi!!!! lovely right anyways... this...