Motivation of Memories: The S...

NubianGoddess494 द्वारा

After the death of her grandmother Genevieve Elise Anne Bonsu is finally moving out of her parents home. Grow... अधिक

Welcome (A/N)
New Beginnings
Nice 2 Meet U
Final Straw
What U Deserve
Impulse Decisions
Party at Paisley
Party at Paisley: Part 2
Wake Up
Greatest Showman
Music To My Ears
Its All Accidental
Bad News
Closure
Morning Bliss
Eruption
Full Disclosure
Dinner on Me
Dinner On Me: Part 2
Talking Through The Turbulence
Long Way Home
Comfort
Internal Conflict
Just U & Eye
Safe Distance
Cars & Conversations
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Eye Know
Dancing with the Devil (Roles Reversed)
Later That Night
Just the 2 of Us
Morning Introspectives
A Dark Day
U Should Go
Family Ties
Mind on U
Home Is Where the Heart Is
Home Is Where the Heart Is: Part 2
Resistance
Meet Me in the Middle
In A New Light
Phase One
Temptation
Getting Acquainted
Come Clean
Be-U-Tiful
Preparation
Beach Party with the Band
B Mine (Roles Reversed)
Eye Remember 2
Let Me Make It Up 2 U
Eye've Got an Itch 2 Scratch
Eve've Got an Itch 2 Scratch: Part 2
The French Mistake
Rehearsal Gone Wrong
Interpersonal Exploration (Roles Reversed)
Tonight We're Gonna Party
Tonight We're Gonna Party Part 2
Imposter
The Voices
Meeting Madonna
First Day
Visitation
Rest, Relax, Reveal.
Slipping
We Will See
Expect The Unexpected
On the Road
On the Road: Part 2
Late Night Arrival
Sound Check
Show Up
Show Up Part 2
Show Up Part 3
Deceit
1 Month 2 Go
Rude Awakening
LA Bound
Hold It
New York New York
New York New York: Part 2
Fear and Sensitivity
4 U
Eye Am Her Keeper
Truth B Told
Dreams and Nightmares
Do My Eyes Decieve Me
Waiting Game
Home Sweet Home
Smoke and Mirrors
Old Friends New Feelings
Deep Sigh
Genny from the Block
Let Me Carry That
Runway
Holidays On The Road
Holidays On The Road: Part 2
Holidays on the Road: Part 3
Christmas at Paisley Park
Unspoken Feelings
Tell Me Something Good
Rest & Realizations
New Year's
New Years: Part 2
Valentine's Day (Roles Reversed)
Valentine's Day: Part 2 (Roles Reversed)
Wake Up Call
Eye'll Tell U
Show Me Who U R
Disappearance
Pleasant Realities
Sweetest Dreams

Eye Promise

59 5 0
NubianGoddess494 द्वारा

Prince's POV

Adjusting my collar and hair I make my way back to her room. It took my longer than I thought to shower and pick out something to wear. Luckily, Ronnie has already secured a last minute reservation at an amazing restaurant across town. I knock before entering, not wanting to startle her.

"Ready?" I ask walking in. She's standing in the middle of the room looking into her mirror. She doesn't look back at me or respond. She just keeps looking at her reflection. "You okay?"

"Yea, I just feel like I'm missing something."

"Let me see." I walk up behind her wrapping my arms around her body. Her hands rest delicately on mine as I peek around her hair to look at her in the mirror.

"Marilyn and Madonna wore bracelets and rings and necklaces. Do you think I need something?"

"I might be a little biased, mama, but I don't think you need anything else."

"Really?"

"Well, they were trying to make a point about diamonds and material things."

"I know, but I should still at least wear some earrings."

"I think your favorite studs would look just fine. I think the dress speaks for itself."

"Will you get them for me? They're in the jewelry box on the dresser." I walk to her jewelry box and open it pulling out her favorite earrings, a simple diamond stud on a solid gold post.  When I turn around she's sitting at her vanity removing her gloves. I put them in her hands and watch as she puts them in. Delicate fingers and manicured nails move carefully, putting each earring in. She puts her gloves back on, the fabric gliding up her arms as she turns to me as she stands.

"Your hair." I smile, pulling her close to me.

"W-what about it?" She asks nervously under my gaze.

"It's different. I like it."

"Oh, I just put product in it and curled it with my fingers. I wanted it to hang down but I did not want to straighten it."

"Whatever you did you look incredible." Her hair stops at the base of her neck full of coils and curls, full of volume standing high off her head. It's kind of an afro but with more distinct curls. She painted her face to look like Marilyn Monroe in her own way, the liner and the bold lashes, blushed cheeks, and soft eyelids. "Why do you always wait to put on your lipstick?"

"Because you always want to kiss me before we leave." She blushes. "Most of my lipsticks are pretty vibrant or dark. I don't want to leave any marks on you."

"Even if you did, I wouldn't mind." I smirk holding her. "Everyone knows you're my woman." Her arms find their place on my shoulders as we sway gently. She smiles before letting her lips touch mine. "I am such a lucky man." I whisper, smiling against her lips.

"If you think you're lucky, I must've hit the lottery." She smiles back.

"I'm no one special, mama." Her eyebrows knit together and her eyes look troubled.

"You're a prolific musician and songwriter and you're the best boyfriend in the world. I think that's pretty special."

"You think I'm the best boyfriend in the world?" I smirk resting my forehead on hers.

"Mhm." She hums softly against my cheek.

"I think that has more to do with you than it has to do with me."

"Why?"

"I've never had a woman make me feel the way you do. You encourage me and support me and believe in me in a way that makes me want to give you the world. I'd be whatever you want me to be because you're everything I need." She pulls away from me a little in shock. My last words struck a nerve. Her eyes begin to shine as the meaning hits her. I just hold her, looking into the amber sea of her irises.

"Prince, I..." she stutters a little. I peck her lips three times slowly, giving her a moment to breathe between each one.

"You don't have to say anything, Genevieve. I know I can be pretty dramatic," I smile feeling a little embarrassed by my display. "But that's how you make me feel." She pulls me in and holds me close. Her tiny nose resting on mine as our foreheads touch. She breathes softly with her eyes clothes. Her delicate hands rubbing my back filling me with a tender warmth. I know she's lost for words but this embrace tells me everything I need to know. I lean my head to the left, resting gently on hers. "Come on, mama. We've got a reservation."

Genevieve's POV

A driver is waiting for us outside. I walk carefully, holding his hand, as I make my way to the car. The driver opens the door for us as we approach. We slide into the car. I sit up carefully not wanting to wrinkle my bow. Prince sits close, his arm draped around me. We stay like this the whole ride. No talking, no glances, just gentle touching as the nightscape rolls by. Cameras flash outside and I feel a fire in my chest. He puts a hand on my thigh gently bringing my focus back.

"Are you okay?" He asks as I look into my compact, applying my lipstick and trying to calm my nerves.

"Yes, it's still just a little new."

"Don't worry, mama. I'm here." He steps out first and they begin to call out to him, asking him question after question. He offers me his hand and I take it stepping out of the car. I keep my eyes on my feet as I step up onto the curb, one hand holding up my dress. When I raise my head, the cameras really begin to flash. Despite my nervousness, I don't feel the way I did at the premiere or even that day in the airport. Maybe getting stopped all those times with Madonna has helped me build some confidence. Maybe it's the way I feel about him. I don't think I'll ever walk through paparazzi without being nervous, but maybe I won't panic anymore.

I release the fabric in my hand and allow the dress to fall naturally. I hook my arm around Prince's and we make our way into the restaurant. I look up at him and for a moment the world disappears. The people fade into the night and the cameras become the stars. He looks down at me with a smile as the door to the restaurant opens somewhere in the distance. I look up at him with my heart in my eyes. It's just us and it always will be. His hand strokes my cheek and we stand in this moment for a while. I look away for a moment feeling flustered under his gaze. He looks at me like I'm the most beautiful woman he's ever seen and he treats me like I'm the only woman he's ever wanted. How did I get so lucky? To be the girlfriend of a rockstar, to be his muse and colleague, to be his heart and his smile. He could have anyone but he wants me. As if he can hear me asking he kisses me and my doubts begin to fall away. He hand holds my back as his dips me closer to the ground. I'm floating. Here in this embrace all I feel is him and the warmth of his affection.

When I open my eyes again we walk into the restaurant. Entering this new space brings me back to reality. The warm dimly lit restaurant seems peaceful. A live band plays in the distance while people talk quietly over their food.  We step up to the podium and the host smiles at us. Before Prince can even give his name he holds out his arm.

"Right this way Mr. Nelson."

"Do you come here a lot?" I whisper as we follow the man through the restaurant. Prince shakes his head.

"I'm just as surprised as you." He whispers back. We head into an elevator and go up a few floors before exiting.

"Our owner was very surprised to receive a call from your team this evening. He wanted to make sure that you had a pleasant experience in our restaurant." The host steps aside and opens a door. "We curated a special dining experience for you tonight starting on our private rooftop and terrace. This is usually reserved for parties and events but we know you enjoy dancing and thought you would appreciate the space." We step out onto the rooftop, the gentle breeze sweeping across my bare shoulders. Elevated booths line the edge of the terrace and table fill space in the center. A large dance floor sits in the middle. The one wall without chairs houses a small stage currently set up with a DJ booth. Lights adorn the canopy and it's support beams. The overall atmosphere is calm and intimate despite all the space. "The DJ is still setting up but feel free to choose a table, enjoy the refreshments on that table, and your personal waiter we be out shortly." We all nod as he disappears out the door.

I peek under all of the lids on the table. It's mostly fruit, cheese, crackers, things like that. I smile looking over at Prince at the other end of the table inspecting a bottle.

"What does it say?"

"Moscato."

"Dessert wine. It'll pair well with the fruit."

"Does your parent's restaurant even serve wine?" He chuckles walking over to my side of the table.

"No, but they both love wine. They spent a lot of time studying it as they travelled."

"Travel runs in the family, huh?"

"Before I was born it's all they did. They've been everywhere, all of Europe, most of Africa, certain regions in Asia. If they hadn't have cancelled their trip I would've been born in Brazil." He walks closer to me his arm rubbing against mine. "Everything they've learned about food they've learned from traveling. Wine tasting in France, noodle making in China and Italy, chocolate tasting in Switzerland. They spent their entire youth together...seeing and learning about the world."

"Is that what you want?" He asks softly.

Prince's POV

"To see the world?" She asks looking up at me. I nod. "It is, more than anything in the world."

"Will you let me take you?"

"You'd do that?"

"Well, I can't say I've been many places, but someday I'm gonna tour the world."

"You want me to go with you?"

"I don't know when it'll be but I'd hope you'd still be by my side." She speechless again. The silence that fell over her in the room is back. For her this must seem big, like a promise to take her wherever I go. She doesn't realize it's really a promise to be with her forever and take her wherever she wants to go. "Genevieve, I..." I catch the words before they leave my mouth. Her eyes sparkle as she looks at me waiting for me to finish. Is it too soon? I swallow my words and think of new ones to say. "I want you to come with me to every new city, to every new country. I couldn't imagine it any other way."

"W-what if things are different then?" Her eyes fall as they words fill the air.

"Different how?"

"Like what if our careers go different ways or... or you get a different girlfriend?"

"Why would you say that?"

"I... I don't know but there's no telling what could happen."

"Look at me." She lifts her head, her eyes shining with sadness. "Do I make you happy?"

"Yes."

"Do you want to leave me?"

"Of course not."

"Good cuz I don't want to leave you and I definitely don't plan on doing it in the near or distant future."

"Really?"

"There's no one I would rather be with. And our careers will take different paths but that's because you weren't meant to be my background dancer forever. The point is I'm going to show you the world and we're going to explore it together."

"Why are you so sure?"

"Because I've never been more sure of anything. Please just believe me when I tell you that we will travel everywhere you want to go." She stops for a moment, her eyes never leaving mine. I feel frantic. I need her to let me do this.

"I-I believe you."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

41.7K 1.5K 46
After being married for a few years, Genevieve Elise Anne Nelson, is pregnant. It's hard enough being married to a musical artist like Prince but now...
65.5K 5.7K 47
She was a princess of heaven-made-story who is dwelling in a devil's palace..it is not by choice but a merciless fate! She is living a life parallel...
18K 1.1K 23
It's been 5 years since Zenande has left South Africa. She is now a qualified doctor and a successful model at that. It hasn't been an easy journey b...
115 15 18
They had it all yet they had nothing Megan Kingston and her sister sage's lives are turned around by just a tiny little change, and have to part way...