Roses & Ruin

By Heartmyart

Evading her darkened past Lexi has no idea just how relevant it'll all be to her future after meeting Anthony... More

Chapter 1 (Lexi)
Chapter 2 (Anthony)
Chapter 3 (Lexi)
Chapter 4 (Anthony)
Chapter 5 (Lexi)
Chapter 6 (Lexi)
Chapter 7 (Lexi)
Chapter 8 (Anthony)
Chapter 9 (Lexi)
Chapter 10 (Lexi)
Chapter 11 (Anthony)
Chapter 12 (Anthony)
Chapter 13 (Anthony)
Chapter 14 (Lexi)
Chapter 15 (Anthony)
Chapter 16 (Lexi)
Chapter 17 (Lexi)
Chapter 18 (Anthony)
Chapter 19 (Anthony)
Chapter 20 (Anthony)
Chapter 21 (Anthony)
Chapter 22 (Lexi)
Chapter 23 (Lexi)
Chapter 24 (Anthony)
Chapter 25 (Lexi)
Chapter 26 (Lexi)
Chapter 27 (Anthony)
Lexi's IG 1
Chapter 28 (Lexi)
Chapter 29 (Lexi)
Sammi's photography
Chapter 30 (Lexi)
Chapter 31 (Anthony)
Chapter 32 (Lexi)
Chapter 33 (Anthony)
Chapter 34 (Lexi)
Chapter 36 (Lexi)
Chapter 37 (Anthony)
Chapter 38 (Lexi)
Chapter 39 (Lexi)
Chapter 40 (Anthony)
Chapter 41 (Anthony)
Chapter 42 (Lexi)
Chapter 43 (Lexi)
Chapter 44 (Anthony)
Chapter 45 (Lexi)
Chapter 46 (Anthony)
Chapter 47 (Lexi)
BONUS Lexi IG
Chapter 48 (Lexi)
Chapter 49 (Anthony)
Chapter 50 (Lexi)
Chapter 51 (Lexi)
Chapter 52 (Anthony)
Chapter 53 (Lexi)
Chapter 54 (Anthony)
Chapter 55 (Lexi)
Chapter 56 (God's eye view)
Chapter 57 (Lexi)
Chapter 58 (Anthony)
Chapter 59 (Anthony)
Chapter 60 (Anthony)
Chapter 61 (Lexi)
Chapter 62 (Lexi)
Chapter 63 (Anthony)
Chapter 64 (Lexi)
Chapter 65 (Lexi)
Chapter 66 (Anthony)
Chapter 67 (Anthony)
Chapter 68 (Lexi)
Milk•Urban Outfitters
Chapter 69 (Anthony)
Chapter 70 (Lexi)
Chapter 71 (Anthony)
Chapter 72 (Anthony)
Chapter 73 (Lexi)
Chapter 74 (Lexi)
Chapter 75 (Anthony)
Chapter 76 (Lexi)
Chapter 77 (Anthony)
Chapter 78 (Lexi)
Portfolio
Chapter 79 (Anthony)
Chapter 80 (Lexi)
Chapter 81 (Lexi)
Chapter 82 (Anthony)
Chapter 83 (Anthony)
Chapter 84 (Anthony)
Chapter 85 (Lexi)
Chapter 86 (Anthony)
Chapter 87 (Anthony)
Chapter 88 (Lexi)
Chapter 89 (Anthony)
Chapter 90 (Lexi)
Chapter 91 (Lexi)
Chapter 92 (Lexi)
Andrei's gift
Chapter 93 (Anthony)
Chapter 94 (Lexi)
Chapter 95 (Anthony)
Chapter 96 (Lexi)
Wedding|Honey moon
Chapter 97 (Lexi)
Chapter 98 (Anthony)
Chapter 99 (Lexi)
Chapter 100 (Anthony)
Chapter 101 (Lexi)
Chapter 102 (Lexi)
Chapter 103 (Anthony)
Chapter 104 (Lexi)
Chapter 105 (Anthony)
Chapter 106 (Lexi)
Chapter 107 (Lexi)
Chapter 108 (Anthony)
Chapter 109 (Lexi)
Chapter 110 (Anthony)
Chapter 111 (Lexi)
PREVIEW

Chapter 35 (Anthony)

2.2K 85 8
By Heartmyart

      After details were sorted and deals were officially made we wrapped up this tense meeting and Dom offered the men a refill on drinks and entertainment. I stayed in business mode and ignored Lexi and my cousin at the bar. I was feeling annoyed and I didn't want to show it.

I'm kind of pissed at Enzo for leaving me out of the loop on this big plan of his and Dom's. I'll be mentioning it as soon as these fuckers leave.

     They won't immediately ship Lexi off to Enzo. Now that the deal is made there's gonna be a lot of bullshit encounters. Us inviting them to our family things, and them having us formally over, and even set up dates for Enzo and Lexi to get to know each other a little bit.

There is no set wedding or something. The intention has only been set. A ring will eventually come or the Russian's will get antsy. But all in due time.

For now, Andrei took to the card table with some of the guys and Vitaly was calling over one of his big, meaty security men whispering to him and pointing at Lexi. I can't look. I won't look.

        "Aleksandra" I heard Vitaly call for his daughter. She looked over her shoulder at him and her expression was clear. Contempt. Total contempt for her father and what he's doing to her in the name of business.

Vitaly ignored her glares and waved her to walk over to him. I watched her excuse herself from Enzo and go across the room to him.

Damn her for that sexy skirt. All I wanna do is shove it over her hips and fuck her good and hard from behind. Bent over the card table, over the back of the brown leather chairs, or across the bar, her choice. I just want my hands on her right now and I can't. My dick isn't too happy about that.

        Vitaly told his daughter something and made her say a respectful goodbye to Dom for being the boss who is hosting them, and then Enzo who will be expecting a visit to her very soon. She didn't say bye to me. She couldn't say bye to me even if she wanted to. 

All I could do was watch that bodyguard walk her out of the room and the door shut behind her.

The Petrov men stayed. I no longer held interest in being here. I was pissed off at half the room. I have to stay a little bit longer then I will respectfully get the fuck outta here.

-

        It felt like time dragged on all night, but eventually I found myself in Enzo's car with him driving home. I was quiet on the ride over to my place so when we got there Enzo parked and looked right at me.

"What's with you?" He finally asked. I licked my teeth and turned in my seat.

"Why the fuck wasn't I told about all your little plans with Domani? Since when do you leave me out of things?" I asked him with obvious anger in my tone. He didn't like that. He bulked up his chest and tightened his hand on the wheel.

        "It was all last minute. Dom wasn't sure how to go about this without the Russian's trying to shoot us in the face for disrespecting them. The titles are more for show. Me and Elio agreed to Dom's idea of moving me up in rank to offer me marrying the girl instead" he shrugged it off.

"So I had to learn about my promotion to underboss at the same time the Russian's did? I felt fucking unprepared in that sit down, which was fucked up seeing as you assholes have been putting the pressure on me to get this deal right. I should've known" I argued with him.

I wasn't screaming or nothing, but I was pissed off. He knows it too.

"Alright Anthony, what the fuck you want me to do about it now? Christ. I'm the one getting into a fucking arranged marriage. You don't hear me complaining this much" his attitude was starting.

He can be a hot head when he wants to be. I frankly don't give a fuck right now.

        "Yeah, what the fuck were you thinking agreeing to get into bed with the Russian's like that? You know if you fuck up you're gonna end up dead, right?" I was scolding him now more than arguing with him. Enzo sucked his teeth at me and shrugged.

"I get a bigger title, more money, more power" he reminded me. It has nothing to do with Lexi for him and that pisses me off too. I didn't tell him that though.

For some reason I didn't want to tell Enzo that his Lexi was my Lexi. He clearly hadn't made the connection and I didn't want him to.

        When I stayed quiet with my jaw muscle jumping with tension he tapped my chest with the back of his hand to get my attention again. "Congrats on the promotion, bud." He gave me a shit eating grin and I just had to shake my head and chuckle. 

I'm pissed, but like Enzo said, what the fuck is there to do about it now? What's done is done.

"She's fucking sexy though, right? My new wifey" my cousin continued with what he wanted to be playful banter. I found myself clenching my jaw again.

"Yeah, she's not bad" was all I said. He scoffed and looked me up and down.

"Not bad? Fuck off, she's gorgeous and you know it" he shoved at me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed for the door handle.

        "I'm not thinking about your wife. I'm thinking about your father in law, and brother in laws, smart ass" I dished out some uncomfortable facts he's pretending he doesn't know. By the way his face flattened I know I got to him.

"Yeah, fuck you too Anthony, good night" he stated sarcastically before I saluted him and he revved his engine and drove off. I just stood outside my apartment for a minute in the dim light between lamp posts.

        All is never quiet when you live in New York City, even the expensive parts are noisy more than they aren't. Everybody is going about their fucking business tonight and here I am feeling the most unsure than I've ever been.

Lexi is Enzo's future wife. I made a successful deal with the Russian's, which means I have a lot of work ahead of me, a lot to pull off, a lot to prove. I can't fuck my fuck buddy anymore. I'm the underboss to the Rizzo crime family.

Fact after fact just settled in between my ears. Then I just went inside. Went into my room. Dropped on my bed. Fuck this whole night. 

       A part of me wanted to text Lexi and yell at her for deceiving me. I don't even know what I wanted to text her to say, but I did wanna say something. I didn't though. Too risky. I guess things are just going to be left unsaid, and hopefully soon forgotten.

I want something simple in my life. I want a hot girl I don't care about who wants to fuck me as much as I wanna fuck her. That's it. No complicated Mia's or lying Lexi's.

Just let that shit go, Rizzo. Let it go.

-

        In the morning I woke up to a text message. Sitting up in bed I looked at the screen for a long time before deciding to open and answer it. All it read was, *Lexi: We need to talk.* 

It's not like I didn't know what this was about. It's very clear what she wants to say to me and I know everything I wanna say to her. Should I though?

*Me: I doubt you aren't being watched* was all I said to her. 

I know Vitaly is a son of a bitch and I know he wanted a tight leash around his prized virgin daughter. If only he fucking knew. Good. Fuck him. Fuck all of them. I had Lexi and I took what they didn't wanna give anyone else.

        *Lexi: I have a casting for work. My bodyguard won't be in the building with me, he'll be parked outside. Sneak into the address I'm sending you now. Today. 2pm. Can you pull it off, mobster, or are you too afraid?* She challenged me.

She also called me out for being a mobster.

*Me: Fine. I'll be there. Discreetly* I reminded her. She might be scolded if we're caught, but I'll be beaten and probably shot if I'm discovered. I have more to lose and she knows it.

She's already lost what she finds valuable to her. Her freedom. I think a big 'fuck you' is exactly what Lexi wants to give her father and brothers, but I won't let her do it through me. No way.

        *Lexi: 2pm* Lexi texted me one last time with a pinned address attached. I google mapped the location and clicked for images to see how the building layout is set up.

I'd rather take some back entrance than try to sneak past a trained bodyguard. It's not like he wouldn't recognize me or else I would go there pretending to work there.

*Me: I'll be there* I promised the girl anyways. I need to confront her. Maybe then I could put this all behind me and be at peace with the idea of Lexi taking up permanent residency in my life. With my cousin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.9K 1.9K 49
× Book One Of The Red Mafia Series × "I don't understand how you could do that to me. I trusted you." I whimpered. "That's your fault." "I hate you...
2.5M 58K 81
Mia Fiore has been running from dangerous men for half her life. Now that she's focused on a fashion career and finally reuniting with her brother, i...
3.2K 101 43
An FBI agent who gets an opportunity to move to Italy to be an agent there. Of course she takes it right away. The job she loves in the country she l...
4.9M 128K 113
When a sweet innocent Kat finds herself crossing paths with the dark and dangerous Renzo of the Boston mob she has no idea who she let into her life...