King of the Don's

Galing kay han11515

Vaughn Beaumont is the King of the Don's. Briar James is a normal girl, subjected to very bad timing. When B... Higit pa

author's note-please read!
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
epilogue

sixteen

19.3K 574 32
Galing kay han11515

Briar

The next morning when I woke up, I found was lying directly on top of Vaughn, my face comfortably burrowed right where I loved it, on the spot where his neck met his shoulder. I was plotting to move off of him so he could get more sleep, but when I went to move I felt super sore from what I assumed was hypothermia.

So I decided to relax for a second, and study the planes of his handsome, rough face, which was admittedly a little creepy on my end. Gia had told me Vaughn was thirty five, but his face didn't reflect it much. The only sign of aging from what I could tell was from his salt and pepper hair around the edges, and faint lines around his eyes.

I continued admiring at his face, and my eyes caught on his scar Against my better judgement, I reached out to touch it. I was still super curious about how he got it, and honestly? I found it pretty hot. I had never been attracted to something like that before, but when I saw Vaughn, I don't know, it just did something to me.

As soon as I made contact with his skin, his light eyes opened immediately. I was honestly expecting him to snatch my wrist away like he did before, but he did nothing instead, only laid unmoving under me.

After a second, he said something, but I realized I couldn't hear as good as I normally did, so in a natural response I reached up to touch my hearing aid, and remembered it wasn't there anymore. Ah nuts.

"The doctor said your hearing aid was broken from the water," He told me in a louder, more clear voice, and I was pretty disheartened by his news, but he reassured me. "We'll get you a new one soon."

I nodded my head, and his usual scowling face softened. I scooted off of him while crossing my legs, and focused back on the rough line on his face. He surprised me at his next words, "You can touch it, my little lamb."

I gave him a lopsided grin and ran my finger over the rigid, whitened skin. In return, he moved his hand to grab onto my thigh, his thumb running along the inside, closer to the apex. 

"I was honest about what I said last night, about you not being a prisoner here anymore." He told me, and while I was excited to hear his reassurance, I was still a little confused, "What does that mean, exactly?"

"You have to stay here," He started, "And you may come and go as you please, but you have to have a bodyguard with you at all times, only for your safety."

"Okay, I can live with that." I decided, knowing we both needed to bend a little, "But what about my job, and like, my life before all this?" I asked the question that's been floating around for a while now. Plus, that's assuming I still have a job, and anything else to go back too.

"You don't need to work, I can buy you whatever it is that you want." He told me, and I frowned, "I still have tuition to pay for-"

"I will pay for your tuition, and I will talk to the dean of admissions, Carlos is an old friend of mine, and I'm sure he'll work with me. So if you want to just focus on that, I'll be more than happy to support you."

I narrowed my eyes, as I felt him move his thumb in a soothing motion, "So let me get this straight, you want me to live here with you, pay for me to go to school, and spend your money?" I asked, and he nodded, "Yes."

I let out a startled laugh, "What's the catch?"

It was an important question that I needed to be answered, like, what does he expect from me? What does he want for the future? What happens if he gets like, I don't know, married? What happens then?

"There is no catch, little lamb. I can't let you leave, you know too much," He clarified, "But don't get me wrong, I like having you here, and I like having you by me."

I bit the inside of my cheek, "So, do you want like, sex or...?" I trailed off, and he chuckled, squeezing my thigh, which made me feel a type of way, "Not if you don't want too." He decided, and I swallowed, "And if I never want to?"

He let out a grin like he knew that wouldn't happen, as he interlaced our fingers, "I'm not asking for something you're not offering. But if you ever want something more, you come to me, and only me."

"Okay, I can agree to that." I assured him, and then an evil thought came to mind, "Guess if I'm staying, I'll need more clothes and other stuff?"

Vaughn and I had already went back to my apartment a few days prior to grab a few things I needed from there, and that was a trip in itself. That also took a lot of persuasion already, so I figured Vaughn would tell me no to getting more things, that I was being greedy.

But he didn't. He just let out a grin, immediately turning and grabbing his wallet from the bedside table, handing me a metal card, "Do your worst, Ms James." He teased, and I laughed while taking his card, "Don't you worry Mr Beaumont," I leaned in and placed a small kiss on the corner of his mouth, "I will."

Vaughn

Later that evening, I was doing some work in my office when I was told Briar and her guards were back from her shopping trip.

Briar and Gia had been gone for most of the day, and while I did get some work done while she was gone, I was still a little distracted. I had told the guards to keep in touch with me all day, and they let me know where they went, but it didn't seem to help much. 

I watched as my office door swung open, and Briar waltzed right in. Anyone else would've never even thought to not knock, but for some fuckin' reason, I loved that she didn't. It was like she was getting more comfortable. She paused when she reached the opposite side of my desk, and I leaned back, "C'mere."

More confidently this time, she walked closer to me, and I got a good look at her. She was dressed in a massive teeshirt that I recognized to be mine, and her light hair was throw onto the top of her head.

My beautiful little lamb.

As she rounded the desk, she stood right in front of me, and I decided to say fuck it. I pulled her onto my lap so she was straddling me, her legs bracketing mine. I could tell she was surprised at first, but she quickly recovered, "Did you miss me or something?" She asked. 

I let out a half smile as I ran my nose up the column of her neck, making her squirm in my lap, "Always," I assured her, making her her face turn a feminine shade of pink, "Did you and Gia have fun today?" I asked, "Get anything nice?"

"We did!" She gushed, her eyes instantly lighting up, "It was kind of annoying, because some of the sales associates kept trying to talk into my bad ear, and I forget I don't have a hearing aid and they got weird when I accidentally ignored them, but other than that, it was great. Do you want to see what I got?"

I nodded my head slowly, and she rushed out of the office to get what I assumed was her new belongings. She came back quicker this time, carrying a bunch of shopping bags, and I watched as she animatedly showed me all of her new things.

I already knew most of what she got, her bodyguards kept me updated, but nevertheless I let her have her moment.

It took her several minutes for her to show me her stuff, as she gave a detailed description as to why she wanted it, but I didn't mind, I just sat back and let her talk, commenting when I could tell she wanted me to.

The second after she was done, she rounded the desk and stood between my thighs. I held up my hand, and she placed her palm on mine, interlacing our fingers. She looked happy, but I was able to read her enough to know something was off. "Somethings wrong." I stated, and she quickly shook her head, "No it's just, I've never had anyone who listened to me ramble on about my new things," She laughed, a bright smile on her face, "Things I didn't even have to pay for."

"Don't get too excited yet," I told her, and her face morphed into confusion, "I still have a surprise for you, two actually." I informed her, and a curious look formed on her beautiful face, "What is it?"

"I made an appointment for you tomorrow to go see an audiologist."

"Vaughn." She started, but I didn't want to hear her argument, so I held my hand up, "No. This is non-negotiable, you need to be able to hear." After a second I could tell she didn't want to argue with that logic, and she gave me a smile. 

"Okay," She gave a smile, "What's the second thing then?"

I moved my seat back and began to rise from my seat, "This is an apology of sort." I stated."I know it doesn't fix everything, but I'm certain this will make you feel better." I assured her, and left to get the gift that had been torturing my men all day.

•••

What do you think the apology gift is?!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2.5K 120 18
An ordinary human. The lycanthropy king. She has her whole life planned out. Her university, her major, her career, even the company she wants to jo...
1.1M 35.4K 64
"Oh sweet little kitten, don't cry. Let me wipe away those tears from your beautiful eyes. Tell me what's made you sad. I shall kill whoever it is wh...
1.3M 25.7K 28
Antonio is known as the king of the mafia world and the don of the Italian mafia he has been looking for his queen since he turned 20 and still hasn'...
1.2K 94 31
✗ "I'm sorry," I choked, the tears spilling down my cheeks. He shook his head and pulled me closer again. "Don't be sorry, just work on getting bette...