Star War StoryTeller

By Shadow_trooper

Star Wars receive information from a world, and now they are learning about it from a knowledgeable chatterbox More

Prologue
Vault Tec
Super Mutants
Brotherhood (West)
Brotherhood (East)
The Enclave
NCR
Caesar's Legion
Heavy Clone Armor
Declarations and Intentions
Political Discussion
House
The Khans
Ghouls
Ulysses' Divide
Mud, Business, Luck and Questions, what more could you ask for?
Legates
Religion
#85, Chems, Ideas, Training and FEV
Big MT
Zeta
Classes, Expenses, Clinic, Ethics, Cheers and EVIL!!!!!
Crimson Caravan
The Madre
Story Teller
AFTER PARTY!
War Games
The Boomers/Vault 34
The Pitt
VR Sim P1
VR Sim P2
VR Sim P3
VR Sim P4
Point Look Out
Call of the Krivbeknih
Survivalist
Slice of Life
Cannibalism

The More Things Change

3.5K 36 19
By Shadow_trooper

Static could be heard from a holographic project as a picture comes on of a twi'lek is seen in her dress at a news Desk reporting the current news at the head line is seen racing across 'Riots break out in front of senate over new discovery!' As the Reporter speaks to the Camera.

"This is Lanora Sing, Galactic New Service!" She turns to another Camera as she continues, with a image of a darken planet coming up with a question mark over it. "The Senate have been observing logs from an unknown world, and we have an unnamed insider leaking the viewings of not one, but two of these logs. These logs focused on a figure named "Robert House" and a group of violent raiders who themselves were continuously defeated and resurfaced known as the Khans.  Many are outraged, and are demanded more information to be released to the wider Republic, along with any and all scientific/technical discoveries be released. Growing crowds gather, not only at the Senate itself, but in the many other institutions of government across Coruscant, including the Jedi Temple. More will be reported as they details are learned and the situation develops." The last image was of both Senate Guard and Clones with Riot shields pushing back against protestors being painted as Rioters.

Static filled the projection before it stopped on a commercial.

"New Action Clone Action Figure has released with the New Clone Heavy Armor! Have your clone squad march into battle and stomp the droid army with it's extreme droid punching action, smash those droids to pieces, trooper!" The commercial showed an action figure in the shape of a clone, now wearing a bulkier armor set, as it's arm swung up and knocked down a droid action figure. The other arm was moved back and swung forward, knocking down the other droids.

Static comes again before showing images of CIS propaganda such. Such as Dooku give a grand speech, Admiral Trench giving commands to his fleet and a CIS commander picking up a child. The propaganda ends showing a blue and white 3PO-Protocol Droid.

"Good day, it is I W-3PO and welcome back to the ISNN." The droid said with an almost seductive voice. "With the recent announcement and release of the "Earth Logs" as they have been dubbed, many changes have been made, along with a new change in how the war will be conducted, changing from an offensive, and now working to reunite the worlds that were lost due to the harsh invasion of the Republic." Images of the Lucky 38 is shown before changing to show the CIS fleet in space.

"Coming up in the next hour, The Earth Representative will be spoken with, and the vanishing of Mercenaries across known space." The droid said before statics again takes the again.

The screen becomes clear as a woman is seen behind a news Desk reading off the news, "And thankfully many foundlings were saved form a Hutt slaver raid." She turns as a Image of Earth is seen. "In Galactic News, it is revealed that Both the Republic and CIS have representatives of what is being called by many, Terra, weather the Republic and CIS have good intention's is yet to be seen." The Camera pans out as a Co-host is seen along side her. "For Domestic News we go to my Co-Host of Mandalore Central News." She motions to her Co-Host.

"With recent events, Duchess Satine, with her sister, Bo-katan, along with Merrick and Pre-Vizsla, have gone to Concordia to meet with the Graduating first Class of the Rangers. We will go to our Local Correspondent, Bic Last." Shows a transition to a mandalorian near a stage, with the 4 Mandalorian leaders walking on the stage.

Bic Last appeared on the Holo-screen, "Thank you, back in the news room." Bic said "Its a rousing day here at the parade grounds here on Concordia. Duchess Satine, is about to start her speech and the attitude here today is happy and excited." She paused looked away, and with an excited look on her face she looks back at the screen. "Here she is the woman of the hour Duchess Satine. It looks like she's about to start her speech."

Duchess Satine, took a breath and let it out she felt a cool calm come over her, and she walked on to the stage.

Satine at the podium looked over the gathered Rangers. She took a breath and spoke, "Rangers, it is a pleasure to be able to speak to your graduating class, as all of you know from the logs Mandalore, will be at war in the near future. I speak to you all now, to congratulate you all for becoming the first generation of Mandalorian Rangers. Now i wish for you all to think of Mandalore, think of this wonderful people, think of what you wouldn't do for her. Got it, good, now I want you to never let it go. Because now, besides yourself you now have something to fight for, its your family, friends, loved ones, even your clan, because now every single one of them need you to fight for them, to fight this Legion for them, to protect them and the foundlings from this tyrannical slaver empire, because should they find a way off of that rock then our home and galaxy will be the new battlefield and our home system will suffer. I know that you all will give it your all and I know you will kick that slaving bastards ass, and know this when you go into battle know that all of mandalore marches with you, and remember." she takes a deep breath and shouts out "Mandalore now, Mandalore Forever!!!!"

From the Cameras, a thunderous wave of cheers and whistles could be heard, as even some throw fist in the air until finally they calm down and begin to receive the armor and duster which will be the visage of what a Mando Ranger is, and finally they get pistol belts with the weapon of the Mando Rangers, their big irons.

Watching these events unfold was the Jedi master Obi-Wan who was honestly shocked at what he missed while on his way to Mandalore. "Well, looks like I need to invest in better receivers." He hums in thought before his R4 unit beeps indicating they are about to drop out of FTL.

Approaching the planet of Mandalore, Kenobi sent his docking code and was given the landing access, and position. He disconnected the Hyperspace ring and flew his Star-fighter down towards Sundari, the domed city, that was the Capital of Mandalore. His ship landed and the hatch opened.

"R4, wait here." He commanded, earning a beep from his astro-mech droid.

A larger, ship, one he could identify as Satine's ship, docked. Approaching the ship, the Jedi master was met by 2 Royal guards, and Satine walking down the ramp.

"Ah, Master Kenobi. What a pleasant surprise to see you." Satine said, a small smile forming on her face.

"Duchess Satine," Obi-wan said, "Always a pleasure you see you as well." he bowed respectfully towards his his old crush, "I think" he said after he stood up straight "we need to catch up, talk about what has been going on since we last saw each other, wouldn't you say so Satine."

Satine gives a curt nod as she joins Obi-Wan, "I assume you are here because of what has happen recently, Yes?" She says as the city now alive more then it ever has with people cheering on the parade of Mandalorian Rangers marching past, walls adorn with Posters that are clearly propaganda, and much more showing that New Mandalore was now a part of this races ever growing history.

Merrick approached Kenobi, offering a hand.

"So, you are the Jedi who helped the Duchess in her youth. She spoke fondly of you for a time, one of her inspirations to lead the people." Merrick said, now shaking the hand of the Jedi knight.

Obi-wan smiled and took his hand and shook it "Yes I am" he said "It was a pleasurer to help her, she needed it after all."

Bo snickers as she gives a side ways smile at Satine, "Yeah i bet it was a real PLEASURE for you and my sister." She bounces her eye brows a bit as Satine blushes slapping her sisters arm, "It wasn't like that!" Merrick and Vizsla are trying their best to hide their chuckles at the sisterly scene in front of them.

Obi-wan looks at Bo and says "Oh you must be her sister Bo," he said "She had a lot to say about you."

Bo looked at him "Oh really."

"Yes" Obi-wan said " What was it you told me Satine," he said looking at Satine, "That you sister liked something called Pret....." before he could finish his sentence Bo rushed forward her face as red as crimson "Don't say another word." she said in an embarrassed tone glaring at both her sister and Obi-wan.

Merrick suddenly did a quick head lunge forward, bringing his hand to his chin, a finger covering his mouth, attempting to hide a smile and hold in a laugh. However, a whimpering whine that sounded, just a bit like a chuckle could be heard, coming from a him.

Bo quickly turn her head toward the chuckling with flames in her eyes before speaking with venom. "You want to continue after I'm down with you?"

Satine just has a smug smile as she says, "Well then. Shall we head back to the Palace? Their is much to discuss and i believe Obi-Wan you have many questions." She says walking with her guards to an Open top speeder which has more Royal guards in it.

The speeder took off, with the few dozen speeders flying around, along with a a couple of Jetpack wearing Mandalorians flying near by, some Saluting the Duchess, with Satine waving back to the flying Mandalorians. There was projections, posters and billboards with "Rangers of Mandalore, the New Crusaders of the New Mandalore".

Obi-Wan watched the people down below as he says, "I must say your planet has changed much since last i came." He eyes Bo, Merricks, Vizslas, and even Satines armor and attire, taking in all of the details he could.

Merrick was rather simple, with the thermal layer loosely fitting, wrinkled just around his arms and legs, the plates were covering his upper chest, the chest was 3 pieces, the two outer would slide over the middle. His neck armor was made up of chains, hanging free on his shoulders.Layered plates ran down his right arm, with a shoulder cape over his left. The plates on his thighs, with no knee guards, and shin guards, that had a few spikes running up, an old Armor that had been his own during the Clan Wars.

Bo's armor however was more armored for lack of a better word, she wore boots with armor stripes on the front of them, for her legs the armor was more intermittent, protecting the most vital of places but also allowing for movement, her chest piece how ever encompanced her entire torso and her shoulders, giving her upper body the most protection, while her arms had greaves that extended from her wrists to her elbows, protecting them from any shrapnel that came near them.

Satine was more noble like with a ivory color armor and golden trim. Though it would be more elegant if the black trench didn't cover it up, but it does help cover where the rest of her armor from view. Besides her boots which were the same color as her chest plate, Obi-Wan noticed both a pair of gauntlets and thing guards on the woman. It gives her the look as someone who had put much protection at her shoulder unless you have notice the bulge at her shoulder which must be shoulder pads.

Obi-Wan then notice the rather strange weapons holstered on their hips or even on their legs. "I must say you have interesting blasters." He comments as Bo chuckles. "These are way better then blasters, these are the weapons of the Rangers, our sequoias." She says as she pulls out the large revolver and begins to spin it in her hand, even going as far as to have the pistol spin in the air before catching it with her off hand before flipping it behind her back then spins again before holstering it again with a big grin. "Show off" Vizsla laughs abit.

Obi-wan looked at Bo. "How long have you been practicing that" he asked

Bo chuckles, "This is pure skill." She says with her arms crossed and her chest puffed out. Satine shakes her head at her sisters clear show boating. "We will be arriving at the palace soon." Announced the driver.

"Sure" Obi-wan said "It wasn't hours of doing that in front of a mirror practicing, in case you forgot Bo, I taught Anakin, I know when someone practices in front of a mirror to do something." All Bo could do was look ahead to not start blushing up a storm.

Upon the speeder stopping and landing, the group climbed out, and were lead inside, where the holographic form of "Blue" was resting on a pillar, as she ate holographic of cooked meat on a stick and drank a holographic Nuka Cola.

Looking up, Kenobi saw the holographic woman, with only a leather vest on, with a fur cape, the jumpsuit was unzipped down to her waist, as she looked down at them, she dropped down, stretching and smiling, running her fingers through her brown hair, that was swept to the side.

"I am Blue, what is your name?" She asked.

Satine smiles as she conducts the introductions, "This is jedi master Obi-wan, hes just arrived not to long ago. However as for his reason for such a visit has yet to have been said." She says looking at Obi-Wan waiting for his reason to visit.

"Always straight to the point, eh Satine?" Obi-wan said "The council on Coruscant have heard of strange thing coming from this region of the Galaxy, and since I knew the most about Mandalore, I volunteered to come and see what was going on. It is also a bonus to see an old friend." But the way Obi-wan said "friend", he wanted to call Satine anything but friend and Blue caught on to this, saying nothing she continued to eat taking the next hunk of meat on her Kabab.

Flashing back to before the senate meetings, Anakin, Bail, and Padme were all Padme's office talking. The door had just shut, and the 3, were beginning to plan.

"Well senator, we have somewhat of a plan." Anakin stated, looking to Bail, as his hand rubbed over the top of R2-D2.

"Alright, what does this plan entail?" Bail questioned.

"We need to get Ruby Gardner, the probe's Personality-" Shows Bail talking to Ruby, with Ruby nodding.

"-to agree to this, if not, I have a back up plan." Anakin pats the head of R2, with a smile.

"Either way, the main point is to broadcast the next earth log to the wider Galaxy" Anakin said.

"This can be done with a small modified communicator disk, I can get that, and Bail can attach it to the probe-" Anakin is seen modifying a small communicator disk to boost the signal strength and range. With a simple wipe, it shows Anakin handing the modified disk to Padme, who hides it in her sleeve, and shows Padme greeting bail, before she slight of hands it to Bail, as the pair discussing with each other, bail hid the disk in his sleeve,

Bail is then shown entering the Probe's room, and placing the disk on the Probe.

The flashback ends here

The plan was perfect, the execution went perfectly, the results however, were not what any of the three whistleblowers had expected. The protest and riots were expected, however what really came as a shock was how much support their faction was getting from the public.

Anakin looked out the heavily reinforced windows and said "Now I know why Master Obi-wan says, that was unexpected, because I certainly didn't expect this happening."

Both Padme and Bail just nod as the clones and senate guard are seen in full combat gear holding shields and electro staffs, batons, and even blasters with settings set to stun.

"I must say that our faction getting support will not be an issue considering that if any of the senators so much as not support any support for Earth, it would be political suicide." Bail comments as he looks at his pip-boy seeing the request for more then a few political alliances from many of the factions within the senate.

Padme just nodded at Bail's statement, after all it would be political suicide to not support finding earth now, even those those that would normally vote against something like that would be forced to vote with them or risk loosing their seat in the next election.

Anakin walks away from the window as he pours himself a drink, "Which brings up the next bit of business, this new push for more oversight into the GAR and the clones, you think its gonna go through?" Anakin asks as he doesnt know politics, but with his new insight thanks to his, little berry friends, he was now thinking much more clearly then he ever had before.

"Potentially" Padme said, "Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, still has a lot of power and friends that see things his way still, but so do we. So I don't know Anakin, it could go either way." she trailed off "But when the legislation is proposed we will see who is with us and who is against us."

Anakin nods, as he gazes at his pip-boy, before a thought came to his mind, "You think i could be like House?" Bail raised an eye brow as he asks, "What do you mean?"

"Look at you Anakin, when we met you on Tatooine, you built both pod racing engines and a fully functioning Protocol droid from a scrap yard. Imagine if the Jedi didn't find you, you may have become a famous engineer, maybe even innovate on what was there, and been sought after by companies, it's down right impressive" Padme explained

Anakin looked down, she was right he could have been a famous engineer, even Wado would have seen that and more than likely would have freed him if only to profit from him. 

"Your right Angel" he finally said momentarily forgetting that Bail was in the room, "I could have been, but then I wouldn't have met you, and you give me meaning." he paused for a few minutes before he said, "I love you angel and I always will."

Bail smiles at the couple, reminding him of how and his wife were like, clearing his throat "Well if you are indeed like Mister House, then why not try and do like him?" He says before continuing on the idea. 

"Of course you would have to leave the order." He states.

Anakin looked down "Yes I know that Bail. The order has given me a home, an education, and friends. But Padme is my Angel, with out her I am nothing, and with her I can survive leaving the order." he paused for a few minutes be fore turning real quick looking at him. 

"Wait!" he said, "You knew about us!!" Bail smirked "It more along the line of who didn't know." he said.

"Now we plan for what is to come." Padme said, smiling softly.

As the Republic was dealing with their own troubles, Within the borders of the CIS, Parliament was in full session as all representatives were either shouting, or some were staying quiet. However the majority of those shouts were just questions being directed to the only Terran Representative they have. "Ambassador Millo! Is there anyway we can find earth!?" Shouted a Rodian, while another asked, "Is it possible for you to give us anymore information to help the Khans!" Shouted a woman with small horns on her head and face. Although needless to say, for one Count, this was the most lively event he has seen recently.

Milo pulled a chair from no where as he sat down, he waited for the shouts to die down, before he could answer. Pulling a glass from the air and it automatically filled with simulated bourbon with ice. He drank, it didn't affect him, there was nothing there really, which annoyed him.

"ORDER, ORDER, I WILL HAVE ORDER FOR THIS AUGUST BODY" Dooku yelled out, most calmed down at seeing the mild Count yelling out. "Now" he said in a more calm voice "Representative Milo, could you answer the representative's question."

Milo shook the glass in his hand. 

"To be all honest, I am unsure, if I was to guess, either more logs will unlock and give more parts, or, you may need to work with the Republic in some manor to get information in terms of finding my home world. The only data I have unlocked at the moment is that for more info to be given, more logs must be played, and they are on a timer between when they can be unlocked, I am sad to say." Milo said.

"As for the Khans, I know only one other part of the information, Papa Khan can not be negotiated with, he very much is dead set on Revenge, but, not all of them are like Papa Khan.....I was told that by.....erc, my head." Milo said, having his free hand become a rest for his head, as he shook it.

Unknown to Milo, there was some precautionary program that would keep some info hidden.

Mina was quick to beat the incoming shouting match at the mention of working with the Republic, "Head of State I wish to push forward a motion for Parliament to vote upon." Dooku nods as he motions for her to continue, "Ladies and Gentlemen. We have seen the blight of the Khans and while their leader may wish nothing more then revenge for an act which was nothing short of a small scale genocide, I say to you that we should offer safety and sanctuary to those who wish it! I say! WE BRING THE KHANS HOME! We bring the Khans into the CIS as their own faction! their own world to colonize and grow with the helping and guiding hand from the Confederacy of Independent Systems!" She finished her small speech full of passion, determination, but most of all, hope for a brighter future.

"I second the Motion!" Shouted the Zygerrian representative, Tidoh Todat, lifting his hand.

There were many who agreed to this motion until Voe Atell asks a question. "And what world would you send them to? We can't just bring them in with them still selling chems after all."

"Yeah" another representative called out "If we bring them here, whos to say they wont continue their ways, all we are doing is bringing here, Pirates and Chem pushers, we already have that here. WE DONT NEED MORE!!!"

"Then let them enter your care! Guide them to a better future and become better, put those that understand chemistry to create medicine! The wise pass lessons onto the foolish! You you offer them a chance?! I hear no cries for them to be become better, you only fear what they are now!" Ventress, of all people, shouted, she leaned over the ledge, scowling at the representatives who denounced their acceptance.

Dooku cutting off another shouting match banged his gavel as he shouts, "Order! Order!" Once their was silence Dooku nods, "It is clear that this issue is a sensitive topic, As such to avoid any further shouting i shall hold this motion to a vote. Those in favor, and those against." He says with a tone that says it was not up for argument.

It was after the vote, Dooku sat in his office, working on the motions that were passed that meeting. He had a tall glass of Nuka Cola sitting on his desk, with a coaster absorbing the drops of condensation. He picked it up and took a sip, enjoying the taste.Mina, Ventress, and Milo entered.

Dooku looked up at the three "Yes" he asked looking at two of the three with hidden sympathy in his eyes, "Did the three of you need something."

Mina sighs as she says, "Yes, I and Commander Ventress have talked a bit and have come to you with a request." She says as Ventress stays silent as she is still not happy with the outcome of the vote.

"What would that be." Dooku asked.

Mina went to ask but Ventress beat her to it. "Once Terra is found, allow us to be the ones to lead the expedition forces to help the planet." She says deadly serious.

"And why should I acquiesce to this request" Dooku asked "When you have no experience in leading, and no Ventress Droids don't count. Tell me know why I should allow it."

"We need someone that can relate to them as people, a common ground of understanding. You could deploy trench and they would see him as a monster. Ventress, may lack experience, but she can learn. While I, work to find, and start to build bridges to work with the people." Mina explained.

Milo leaned forward, placing a hand on the desk, and looked at Dooku.

"Look, as much as there is more qualified commanders, there is something that is hard to do, it's like an honest neimoidian, they exist, sure, but they don't exactly mean you can use them the best. Sometimes you need a face you can trust." Milo said, looking Dooku in the eyes, with a small smile, as he held up his own glass.

Dooku put his hands together and brought them to his face and hummed in thought he weighed the pros and cons in his mind and after a few minutes of thought he looked at the three in his office. "Okay" he said "You two may lead the forces on Terra, but if anything happens you two are being pulled and Trench will be put in charge am I clear you two." he finished with a half-hearted glare at the two, half-hearted because deep down he cared for them and he didn't want anything to happen to them.

Those present nod as Mina says with a soft smile, "Thank you, we will make sure everything goes well on Terra once its found." She says as they leave Dooku rubs his head feeling a slight headach before taking a drink of his Nuka Cola which causes it to go away. Pausing he looks at his glass and asks aloud to himself. "Where are we getting so much Nuka Cola?" He gave it some thought before he shrugs and continues to enjoy the drink.

A small blinking light on his desk caught his attention, a message was waiting, or rather, he was being called, by his master.

Dooku pressed two buttons, one that locked the door, and the other activated the hologram, which dimmed the rooms, closed the windows, and activated the projector. He walked around his desk, and knelt down, as the head of his master, appeared in his office.

Dooku says in his neutral voice, "Greetings, My master." Still having his head lowered he keeps his thoughts cleared out of fear his master might try to read them.

"Greetings Lord Tyrannus" came his master Sidious's voice from the holo projector. "What is the statues of the CIS and their views on the logs they have received."

Dooku kept his emotions in check as he for once in his life, lies to his master. "They are proceeding as planned, motions have been presented for protocols to avoid a bitter springs style massacre. As well as many pushing to send probe droids out to try and find Terra. My master." A lie yes, but one that he is willing to tell in order to protect the people he has come to lead.

"Ahh good" Sidious said his voice full of malice at the sheep that the CIS were, he then frowned "The Republic front isn't going as well, however" he said "Someone leaked the logs to the general public, and now their are full scaled riots in the streets, demands. Imagine that demands of me!. To find Terra, and help them, these people. Of course I would help them, but it would have happened on MY TERMS!!!" he yelled that last part out his anger leaking out into the force and the unsaid part of that, is that Dooku could tell his master silently promised pain to who ever did that.

Palpatine took a breath and reeled himself back in. "Make sure my apprentice, that everything goes the way we planned I wont stand for anymore derailments in the plan, if anyone tries, to eliminate them my apprentice, quietly, make it look like either an accident or an assassination. are we understood Tyrannus." the last bit of it was directed at him, a subtle warning that even you are replaceable, so don't think of stepping out of line.

Dooku nods slightly, "Understood my Master, all shall be done." He says keeping his head down to avoid his the sith lords gaze.

"Good" Sidious sneered, "We will communicate again in a weeks time, don't disappoint me Dooku, after all you remember what happened to Maul." with that last word the Holo cut off leaving Dooku alone in his office.

Dooku stood up, quietly contemplating, thinking over what he was just told. His master, made it clear, that Dooku, was of little value in his plans, which made him think, 'then maybe the plans can be made without you.' He scowled, before shaking the idea from his mind, his master would not replace him, his position was too important.....right?

Returning to his desk he continues his work, While outside his office Milo is simply smiling as he walks off Singing a soft tone to himself, "Mister Sandman, bring me a dream." He sings softly before the door he walked through to a lift closes on a smile that could only belong to a demented sociopathy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.4K 866 27
A young jedi embarks on a great adventure throughout the galaxy what will this adventure entail? find out here
14.1K 179 198
The Characters from Star Wars have made a chat, and have bewn assigned to make vlogs, as they go on fun adventures. I do not own Star Wars, Enjoy :)
293K 9.9K 29
"Who's scruffy-looking?" "Um, I think she is definitely talking to you, brother."
76.4K 2.1K 60
Athena, a girl from a separatist system, is called by visions of her past to Coruscant. Secrets about her and the past of the Jedi are revealed, she...