Roses & Ruin

By Heartmyart

Evading her darkened past Lexi has no idea just how relevant it'll all be to her future after meeting Anthony... More

Chapter 1 (Lexi)
Chapter 2 (Anthony)
Chapter 3 (Lexi)
Chapter 4 (Anthony)
Chapter 5 (Lexi)
Chapter 6 (Lexi)
Chapter 7 (Lexi)
Chapter 8 (Anthony)
Chapter 9 (Lexi)
Chapter 10 (Lexi)
Chapter 11 (Anthony)
Chapter 12 (Anthony)
Chapter 13 (Anthony)
Chapter 14 (Lexi)
Chapter 15 (Anthony)
Chapter 16 (Lexi)
Chapter 17 (Lexi)
Chapter 19 (Anthony)
Chapter 20 (Anthony)
Chapter 21 (Anthony)
Chapter 22 (Lexi)
Chapter 23 (Lexi)
Chapter 24 (Anthony)
Chapter 25 (Lexi)
Chapter 26 (Lexi)
Chapter 27 (Anthony)
Lexi's IG 1
Chapter 28 (Lexi)
Chapter 29 (Lexi)
Sammi's photography
Chapter 30 (Lexi)
Chapter 31 (Anthony)
Chapter 32 (Lexi)
Chapter 33 (Anthony)
Chapter 34 (Lexi)
Chapter 35 (Anthony)
Chapter 36 (Lexi)
Chapter 37 (Anthony)
Chapter 38 (Lexi)
Chapter 39 (Lexi)
Chapter 40 (Anthony)
Chapter 41 (Anthony)
Chapter 42 (Lexi)
Chapter 43 (Lexi)
Chapter 44 (Anthony)
Chapter 45 (Lexi)
Chapter 46 (Anthony)
Chapter 47 (Lexi)
BONUS Lexi IG
Chapter 48 (Lexi)
Chapter 49 (Anthony)
Chapter 50 (Lexi)
Chapter 51 (Lexi)
Chapter 52 (Anthony)
Chapter 53 (Lexi)
Chapter 54 (Anthony)
Chapter 55 (Lexi)
Chapter 56 (God's eye view)
Chapter 57 (Lexi)
Chapter 58 (Anthony)
Chapter 59 (Anthony)
Chapter 60 (Anthony)
Chapter 61 (Lexi)
Chapter 62 (Lexi)
Chapter 63 (Anthony)
Chapter 64 (Lexi)
Chapter 65 (Lexi)
Chapter 66 (Anthony)
Chapter 67 (Anthony)
Chapter 68 (Lexi)
Milk•Urban Outfitters
Chapter 69 (Anthony)
Chapter 70 (Lexi)
Chapter 71 (Anthony)
Chapter 72 (Anthony)
Chapter 73 (Lexi)
Chapter 74 (Lexi)
Chapter 75 (Anthony)
Chapter 76 (Lexi)
Chapter 77 (Anthony)
Chapter 78 (Lexi)
Portfolio
Chapter 79 (Anthony)
Chapter 80 (Lexi)
Chapter 81 (Lexi)
Chapter 82 (Anthony)
Chapter 83 (Anthony)
Chapter 84 (Anthony)
Chapter 85 (Lexi)
Chapter 86 (Anthony)
Chapter 87 (Anthony)
Chapter 88 (Lexi)
Chapter 89 (Anthony)
Chapter 90 (Lexi)
Chapter 91 (Lexi)
Chapter 92 (Lexi)
Andrei's gift
Chapter 93 (Anthony)
Chapter 94 (Lexi)
Chapter 95 (Anthony)
Chapter 96 (Lexi)
Wedding|Honey moon
Chapter 97 (Lexi)
Chapter 98 (Anthony)
Chapter 99 (Lexi)
Chapter 100 (Anthony)
Chapter 101 (Lexi)
Chapter 102 (Lexi)
Chapter 103 (Anthony)
Chapter 104 (Lexi)
Chapter 105 (Anthony)
Chapter 106 (Lexi)
Chapter 107 (Lexi)
Chapter 108 (Anthony)
Chapter 109 (Lexi)
Chapter 110 (Anthony)
Chapter 111 (Lexi)
PREVIEW

Chapter 18 (Anthony)

2.7K 112 33
By Heartmyart

        Lexi is the sexiest little thing. I felt her opening up to me today, giving me even more of her body, of her in general, and I wanted all of it. I was ready to take it again when she started laying her naked body over mine. It didn't take much to make my cock swell, and I was already fully erect when there was a damn knock at my front door.

I was pissed I hadda stop. Lexi went and opened the door for me because my dick was way too hard to hide. At first I couldn't fathom who'd show up unannounced, but when I heard Giana's voice I wasn't all that surprised. Fuck.

        Lexi left after that, so there goes my chance to bust a nut again. When the front door shut behind Lexi I turned around to face my cousin who was already looking at me. "Who is that?" She asked. I pinched the bridge of my nose and walked over to her. 

"A very hot girl who was in my bed before you came. So how about you go ahead and tell me why you're here now and she isn't?" I asked her.

I didn't mean to sound like a dick or nothing, but I was frustrated that I've been the one dealing with this all week when it doesn't even have anything to do with me. And now it's affecting my personal life. No thank you.

         Suddenly Giana burst into tears and I did a double take. Was it me? I didn't mean to sound like a prick. "It's tomorrow" she cried through her hands. "Huh?" I went and sat on the coffee table in front of her to better hear her through her sniffles and covered face.

"We have the consultation tomorrow that'll give the results on who the father is. Anthony...I can't go alone. I can't. So please come with me" she asked me. I froze for a second here. 

"G, I don't know..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say. "I need moral support. I'm so scared" she cried. Really tugging on the ol' heart strings there.

        "Where are your friends in all this?" I asked her. She's told me about how our family reacted, but she really hasn't talked much about her friends. Surely a best friend is better company and support to her tomorrow than me of all people. Giana scoffed.

"They're all a bunch of two faced bitches" she spat. Clearly there's a story there too. 

"Anthony...please" she asked again. Oh fucking hell. I ran my hand through my hair and thought for a second. "Yeah, alright G, if you really need it" I begrudgingly agreed.

How fucking awkard this is gonna be.

-

        The appointment was bright and early, so I got up and made breakfast for us before we were to head out. She should be fed and hydrated so she doesn't pass out with nerves at the doctors office. Even I feel nerves settling in my gut.

I don't know if it's because I'm dreading being in that room with her, Alessandro, and Domani, but I just feel this anxious feeling every time I think about it. 

It's so incredibly awkward, but Giana asked for support, and I can't do that to her. Back out like everyone else has been doing to her. Maybe she'll let me sit in the waiting room, and I won't be in-in the room when the news breaks.

Maybe I'm nervous because I don't know how I feel about either result once the truth is known. Domani or Alessandro. Alessandro or Domani?

-

        The doctor's office was a private family practice. He's Italian of course. We always know a guy who knows a guy and we keep it in the circle that way. I don't know if Dom paid this guy to close the practice down today or what, but not a soul was in there aside from the front desk woman, a nurse, and the doctor himself.

Giana and I were the first to get there, so I was just sitting in the waiting room bouncing my leg with stress. The room is painted a light shade of yellow, but if they were trying for cheery they ain't getting that today. Not from us.

         Giana was quiet. She held her belly and stared at a spot on the wall. Beside it was a framed photograph of two painted cats in what looked to be the streets of Naples or something. There was a row of chairs in front of me and a row that's back to back with the chairs we're in.

I kept feeling eyes on me and every time I glanced up I'd catch gazes with the front desk girl. She's cute, but now just isn't the time to flirt, so I let her stares go unanswered by my attention. I kept swiping a hand down my face. 

I don't really know what to do with myself right now.

        Both Giana and I jolted when we heard the small ding of the front door opening. They've got a little bell above it that alerts the staff that someone just walked in. We both twisted in our chair to look and sure enough it was Dom and Ale.

They looked a little surprised to see me here, but they also looked stressed as fuck. I don't blame them. We had the most awkward stare off until we all snapped out of it and they walked closer to us. Well, to her.

"You good?" Dom nodded his head in my cousin's direction. 

"As good as I'm gonna be in a situation like this" she huffed. Dom ran a hand down his stubbled face and his hair is even darker than mine. Yup, he's stressed. I was just doing the same thing.

        Alessandro had a bouncing knee. Dom sat across from Giana with a set jaw and angry eyes. He looked rigid and uncomfortable. I thought he'd call me out for being here, but it's obvious why I would be. She obviously asked for support and if Dom knows anything he should know how her family reacted to what they did and the outcome of that act.

Thank god we didn't linger in the awkwardness for too long because the doctor ended up walking out to greet all of us. 

The old man was short with grayed hair combed over to cover his receding hairline, but his eyebrows were still the dark color the rest of his hair used to be. He was in a white coat and held a clipboard.

Is that where the answer is? Right there in front of us?

        "Please, come in. I'm Dr. Greco for those of you who don't know" he gave a general nod to all of us, but guided Giana specifically as we followed along. I heard him quietly asking her how she was feeling and other things of that nature. I think this is her normal doctor, so I'm sure he knows her enough.

We were led to an office type room. I guess it's more of a consultation room. There is a desk and a chair across from it, but further into the turn of the room there is a sofa and the doctors chair across. 

That's where he wanted to conduct this. So we could all sit if we wish. To have space to breathe too. This room is feeling a little small already.

        With all this goddamn stress today I'm thinking I might visit the fights tonight. I could use an outlet for all this restlessness when I give a poor sap a good pounding. They bet good money on me. I'm a highly sought after fighter, even if I do run the operation.

        "Okay," Dr. Greco began once he shut the office door for our own privacy. But before he could continue he was interrupted. The nurse let off two quick knocks and popped right in. "Sorry, we got one more" I heard the nurse say, but I didn't understand what she meant until she stepped out of the way.

Oh fuck me. If I thought this was awkward before, this is tortuous now. Why? Why, why?

When the nurse stepped aside I could see Mia rounding her to come into the room. Dom hopped to his feet from where he'd just settled on the far end of the sofa with tight fists in his lap.

        "Baby, what are you doing here?" Dom asked quickly, rushing towards her. "Well, since I can't trust any of you to give me the God honest answer I needa know for myself. I wanna be here when you get the news, Dom" she fixed her green eyes on her boyfriend with a glare. She's mad.

Damn her for looking good. She's always in these little outfits that are cute or downright sexy. Even now she's well put together. She's in a designer outfit with the coordinating bag, but it's her demeanor that's caught my eye today. She's angry, but she's also nervous like the rest of us.

        Dom dragged her out of the room for a second and you could hear their low voices going back and forth. I pinched the bridge of my nose and went to sit next to Giana who took the middle of the sofa. Alessandro was standing in the corner leaning into the wall with a toothpick in his mouth. 

For a single second it almost looked like Giana gave me the apologetic look, clearly not thinking Mia would be here. But this isn't about us.

        When the doctor cleared his throat and asked Dom to rejoin us I saw his blazing eyes and stiff back as he re entered...Mia in toe right behind him. Guess he didn't win that battle. That's when her gorgeous green eyes finally settled over mine. They almost widened a little bit in surprise, but then she quickly glanced down at her own feet.

We parted in an awkward way, and her knowing that Dom and I are in the same room with her probably makes her uncomfortable. Too bad.

"Alright, Doc, get on with it. I can't take the not knowing" Alessandro finally lifted off the wall and huffed. 

       "I must explain how it works. Because the two potential fathers are of blood relation they will both have DNA that matches the child. It's the person who has the highest compatibility that is who the real father is. Understand?" He asked the room as a whole. People nodded or mumbled. It was otherwise silent.

Mia was across the room from me with Dom as her shadow. I could see his eyes kept casting down to her to see if he could read her. He's really nervous. He's worried she's gonna break up with him again. I can see the panic somewhere deep behind his eyes. 

I shouldn't get a thrill from that, but I do. Let the dickwad squirm.

        All of us were rigid and anxious, literally all of us. And this doctor didn't make it easy on anyone. He took his fucking time.

It felt like slow motion. Giana held her belly protectively with one hand, and held my hand in the other. Squeezing. Alessandro flittered his toothpick from one corner of his mouth to the next several times. 

Mia took in a long breath to calm herself, and Dom rolled his jaw and shoulders in anticipation of the backlash his relationship will suffer no matter the outcome.

The doctor took the clipboard and the way he flipped back the pages even felt like slow motion. And then he paused. Eyes scanning the page with the results. 

Holy fuck this is like me on the literal edge of my seat right now.

        "When it comes to this unborn child, the father is..." we all heard him say the name, but not one of us made a single reaction to it for a few seconds. It's like each and every one of us had to absorb the information, and let it tumble around in our heads for a bit before we could truly grasp it. 

I wasn't sure who to look at first. I should have been looking at Giana, but unfortunately I couldn't help myself and my eyes snapped over to Mia instead.

"Alessandro De Luca," the doctor said. Mia was frozen then suddenly she wasn't. I saw relief physically lifting off her tense shoulders, and she shut her eyes for a few seconds without moving or saying anything. 

Then everyone's reactions came in all at once.

        Mia's relief, Dom's relief. He literally let out a rush of trapped air from his lungs and fisted his hair with a 'holy shit' expression. He's off the hook. That's what he's thinking. But when he turned to Mia she still turned slightly away from him.

Alessandro gaped at the doctor for a good 30 seconds, and Giana's reaction was just to start crying. She released my hand to cover her face, and the doctor came to hand her tissues. The awkwardness lingered along with a mix of many other emotions. It was strangling being in here.

 "You're alright" I whispered to Giana.

Alessandro finally snapped out of it and came directly for Giana next. He knelt down in front of her and placed his hand on her knee. 

        "Hey, G, let's talk a minute" he spoke low, but wanted her attention. I could tell Alessandro was shaken by the news, but he's actually a pretty decent dude for the most part. I mean any mafia guy isn't an angel. He's as taped in the head as the rest of us, but he's also a good time guy who keeps his angry cousin in check. Kinda. Not really.

"I'll help you with the kid and everything. It'll be fine, G, just lemme wrap my head around it for a minute" he told her. He did look contemplative. 

"I'll give you guys some privacy" I looked at Ale, telling him to talk to her. He's the father. There is a conversation that needs to be had here. With that I stepped out into the hall.

And two seconds later Mia and Dom stepped out too. Oh fucker.

        Dom glared at me, but his main focus was getting Mia to talk to him. For whatever reason she didn't leave altogether, so they were only a few steps down in the same hall as I am. I could hear everything, though I wasn't sure I'd wanna listen. But I listened.

"Mia, why are you pissed at me? It's not my kid" Dom huffed. 

"Because you lied and told me she wasn't pregnant. Not that she was pregnant, but was gonna terminate. You still thought that was your kid at the time. You just lie about everything" she whisper-shouted to him. He huffed and slapped his hands at his sides. 

"What have we been doing for the past six months, Mia? We've been working on ourselves, correct? This is what your therapist would call 'back sliding'."

        "You don't even know what that means" she sucked her teeth, and I felt like she rolled her eyes at him. "Yes I do, in this context I do. You and I sorted through this problem in the past and worked through it. To revisit it after we've made our peace with it is backsliding. Digging up what we already put to rest" Dom spoke some mumbo jumbo. 

If it's accurate I have no idea.

I wasn't looking at them. I was looking in the complete opposite direction, but still I could hear them so well for some reason. 

"She would also tell me my feelings are valid" Mia said, but her voice had less spite and more of a lingering sadness to it. I wish I could grab that girl away from that animal and take her away with me.

        "You want honest? I was terrified back then that you were gonna leave me. You know this. We've talked about it. Because Giana wanted to terminate I told you she wasn't having my kid because she wasn't" he tried speaking lower to be sure I couldn't hear. I can. This is like a wind tunnel. I hear everything from the other end. Weird.

"And yeah that's playing on words and not telling the whole truth, but I knew if you even thought about her having my kid inside her, even just long enough for her to terminate, that you'd remain disgusted with me. That you wouldn't forgive me and this would be over before it even started" Dom continued. 

I heard Mia try to say something, but he told her to wait.

        "Remember when I was going to tell you more about the situation and you told me you don't wanna know? You asked me not to tell you anything else" he reminded her whether that was true or not. By her long silent pause I guess he was telling the truth.

"Yeah, I guess I did, but that doesn't change the fact that this just stirred some things up in me today and I- I just need space. I need to take a breath" Mia huffed, and it sounded like she was moving away.

"Baby" I heard Dom huff and follow after her. Then silence followed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 35.7K 75
BOOK 2- This is the continuation of Renzo and Kat's story, with added BONUS chapters from characters like Dante, etc. If you HAVEN'T read the Origin...
401K 8.2K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
147K 4.3K 63
"That's a good girl, Isabella," he murmurs, his words dripping with satisfaction. "Let go. Give in to me." ------- BOOK 1 in the RUSSIAN MADE MAN SER...
17.1K 497 74
Being the son to the infamous leader of the Italian Mafia Isn't always easy! Dean Sorento counts his blessings that he was raised away from that; by...