Roses & Ruin

By Heartmyart

Evading her darkened past Lexi has no idea just how relevant it'll all be to her future after meeting Anthony... More

Chapter 1 (Lexi)
Chapter 2 (Anthony)
Chapter 3 (Lexi)
Chapter 4 (Anthony)
Chapter 5 (Lexi)
Chapter 7 (Lexi)
Chapter 8 (Anthony)
Chapter 9 (Lexi)
Chapter 10 (Lexi)
Chapter 11 (Anthony)
Chapter 12 (Anthony)
Chapter 13 (Anthony)
Chapter 14 (Lexi)
Chapter 15 (Anthony)
Chapter 16 (Lexi)
Chapter 17 (Lexi)
Chapter 18 (Anthony)
Chapter 19 (Anthony)
Chapter 20 (Anthony)
Chapter 21 (Anthony)
Chapter 22 (Lexi)
Chapter 23 (Lexi)
Chapter 24 (Anthony)
Chapter 25 (Lexi)
Chapter 26 (Lexi)
Chapter 27 (Anthony)
Lexi's IG 1
Chapter 28 (Lexi)
Chapter 29 (Lexi)
Sammi's photography
Chapter 30 (Lexi)
Chapter 31 (Anthony)
Chapter 32 (Lexi)
Chapter 33 (Anthony)
Chapter 34 (Lexi)
Chapter 35 (Anthony)
Chapter 36 (Lexi)
Chapter 37 (Anthony)
Chapter 38 (Lexi)
Chapter 39 (Lexi)
Chapter 40 (Anthony)
Chapter 41 (Anthony)
Chapter 42 (Lexi)
Chapter 43 (Lexi)
Chapter 44 (Anthony)
Chapter 45 (Lexi)
Chapter 46 (Anthony)
Chapter 47 (Lexi)
BONUS Lexi IG
Chapter 48 (Lexi)
Chapter 49 (Anthony)
Chapter 50 (Lexi)
Chapter 51 (Lexi)
Chapter 52 (Anthony)
Chapter 53 (Lexi)
Chapter 54 (Anthony)
Chapter 55 (Lexi)
Chapter 56 (God's eye view)
Chapter 57 (Lexi)
Chapter 58 (Anthony)
Chapter 59 (Anthony)
Chapter 60 (Anthony)
Chapter 61 (Lexi)
Chapter 62 (Lexi)
Chapter 63 (Anthony)
Chapter 64 (Lexi)
Chapter 65 (Lexi)
Chapter 66 (Anthony)
Chapter 67 (Anthony)
Chapter 68 (Lexi)
Milkā€¢Urban Outfitters
Chapter 69 (Anthony)
Chapter 70 (Lexi)
Chapter 71 (Anthony)
Chapter 72 (Anthony)
Chapter 73 (Lexi)
Chapter 74 (Lexi)
Chapter 75 (Anthony)
Chapter 76 (Lexi)
Chapter 77 (Anthony)
Chapter 78 (Lexi)
Portfolio
Chapter 79 (Anthony)
Chapter 80 (Lexi)
Chapter 81 (Lexi)
Chapter 82 (Anthony)
Chapter 83 (Anthony)
Chapter 84 (Anthony)
Chapter 85 (Lexi)
Chapter 86 (Anthony)
Chapter 87 (Anthony)
Chapter 88 (Lexi)
Chapter 89 (Anthony)
Chapter 90 (Lexi)
Chapter 91 (Lexi)
Chapter 92 (Lexi)
Andrei's gift
Chapter 93 (Anthony)
Chapter 94 (Lexi)
Chapter 95 (Anthony)
Chapter 96 (Lexi)
Wedding|Honey moon
Chapter 97 (Lexi)
Chapter 98 (Anthony)
Chapter 99 (Lexi)
Chapter 100 (Anthony)
Chapter 101 (Lexi)
Chapter 102 (Lexi)
Chapter 103 (Anthony)
Chapter 104 (Lexi)
Chapter 105 (Anthony)
Chapter 106 (Lexi)
Chapter 107 (Lexi)
Chapter 108 (Anthony)
Chapter 109 (Lexi)
Chapter 110 (Anthony)
Chapter 111 (Lexi)
PREVIEW

Chapter 6 (Lexi)

3.2K 121 30
By Heartmyart

         I wasn't trying to look like I tried so hard to get ready for this little date of ours. I decided on a simple slip dress since the weather was nice enough. Summer is basically here and I'm excited about it. I wore my hair in its natural soft wave and kept my face bare as I usually do. 

At most I do chapstick and a swipe of mascara for my lashes.

I followed through with the plan to 'order food' and tell Boris about it. He didn't want anything, but none of that matters so long as he thinks I'm in for the night, which I usually am so no surprise there. 

         Five minutes after my food arrived I was out the door. I'll eat it later when I'm home because I'm not eating it now. It was simply a decoy.

I rushed to blind spot one, then two. I ordered a car down the block and gave the pinned address Anthony sent me. I told him I'd meet him there.

        When he'd given me the name of the place I looked it up for myself to see how the vibe might be when I'd been picking an outfit. It's called Dear Irving on Hudson and it's a bi-level cocktail bar that takes up the 40th and 41st floor of the Aliz hotel. The decorum is split between floors.

 One floor had a 1960s James Bond like vibe, while the other floor was more of a modern art deco finish.

I could see that there were nice views across the expansive floor to ceiling glass walls overlooking New York. I'm curious to see which floor Anthony chooses for us. 

When I exited my lift ride I texted him that I was here. He told me he'd been waiting in the lobby, so as he was walking out to come get me I was walking in.

        Anthony was in a white button down with the sleeves rolled to the elbows, and the collar slightly open in a relaxed version of the shirt. He wore dark jeans instead of a suit this time. He looked good and smelled even better. I don't know how to pin down the scent, but it's clean and something else. Something with cooler undertones.

        As we approached each other, his eyes took me in just as much as my eyes had taken him in. He really is handsome. The more I look at him the more of it I notice. "Hey Lexi, you look pretty" he gave me a soft half smile that was melt worthy. "Thanks" I sounded unlike myself.

I cleared my throat and smoothed out my dress. "I'm curious to see which floor you've chosen" I decided to tease him while we entered the elevator to head up.

"Uh oh, is this a test?" He asked me. All the while I was focused on his subtle hand at the small of my back. Even through the thin dress I could feel the heat of his hand on me. I want those hands all over me.

"Not a test. Just a general curiosity" I let him off the hook. 

        "Well, the 41st floor has purple sofas and beads hanging down from the ceiling. I thought the 40th floor might be a more low key vibe to have a drink and a chat" he shrugged. "I want the window bar. It's against the glass, and you'll get a 180 view of Manhattan" he added.

When we reached the 40th floor he led me out with that same hand on my back to guide me.

Hardwood floors, same shade of wood paneled back walls opposite or surrounding the glass. Brownish suede sofas in the center of the room to make a comfortable lounging setup. The bar itself had chrome finishes where the stools in front of it matched.

        As promised, Anthony snagged us a spot on the clear short glass-made bar attached to the overlook. There were stools and I took one, but Anthony remained standing for now. He glanced around and smirked. "My buddy's here. He'll get you any drink you want. Doesn't need to be on the menu" he let me know.

My best friend in Russia, Sasha, she used to drink Midori sours and got me into them too. But this place has specialty cocktails. I took a second to look through the menu to decide if I wanted one. 

No more than a minute later someone was tapping Anthony.

        "Hey man, I thought that was you" the bartender came and shook hands with Anthony, but quickly turned to me. "Oh, hello" his eyes took me all in. "This is my date, Lexi. This is my buddy I was telling you about" Anthony easily thumbed over to the man in his black sleek uniform.

 "Hey there, Lexi. I can make you anything that isn't on the menu. A friend of Rizzo is a friend of mine" the man remained friendly. Rizzo, so that's his last name.

"Thank you, I was just looking through the menu, but I can't decide," I raised a shoulder. "Well, if you name a drink you usually get I can find you the equivalent in our menu" he offered. I was intrigued and told him about the Midori sours. Anthony ordered whiskey, no fancy cocktail.

        "You didn't want a 'smoking hand' or a 'mermaid parade'?" I teased him, pointing down at the cocktail drink names. "What about a 'Roses & Ruins' drink? I'd like to know what causes the ruin" he smirked at me.

He'd since leaned against the stool without fully sitting down. His palm was flat against the bartop so his arm looked flexed, but his posture was relaxed. It was hot. I watched as Anthony's eyes worked their way from my face down to my shoes and back.

        "You really do look good tonight. Without even trying. Do you wear makeup?" He leaned slightly closer to my face, which brought a light flush to my cheeks. "I don't typically." Anthony lifted his hand and with his thumb he rubbed it down my entire cheek in a teasing way before pulling back. 

"No cake face" he showed his clean thumb of any foundation or concealers.

"Nothing wrong with a woman wearing makeup. It's a bit anti feminist to think I'm 'different' for not wearing any. As if it's negative to identify as a girl doing 'girl' things...anyways, sidetone" I dropped my tangent. He opened then closed his mouth before considering my words, then just chuckled and nodded. I do that sometimes.

"I can't place you, but I feel like you're European or something" his eyes studied me, which made me fidget. He's going to start asking questions and I'll need answers. 

        "I'm American. My family stems from Russian descent" I lied. I was born in Russia. "Ah, that's where all these light features come from. Flawless" he took his lip into his mouth and re ran his thumb across my fair skinned cheek again. "You're Italian, correct?"

He nodded. "I was born here, but my parents weren't" he let me know. 

        When his friend arrived with drinks he waited a moment to see me take a sip to be sure I'd like it, or else he'd kindly offer to replace it. "Mmm" I hummed in satisfaction. "Yeah?" The bartender perked up at my obvious approval. "Yes, thank you" I raised the glass to him before taking a second sip. 

"I'll leave you to it" he winked at Anthony before leaving us.

When Anthony and my eyes caught they lingered for a second. "You're very handsome. I always heard Italian men were good looking, though I honestly can't think of a single Italian friend I've had" I told him outright. He looked pleased with my obvious approval of his looks.

        "Well, now you've met the only Italian you need to" he smirked before pulling his short glass to his shapely lips. I watched him take a drink. "Tell me something interesting, Anthony." He paused and thought. "Like what do you mean? About work or me or what?"

I leaned on the bartop and looked down at Manhattan beneath me. In the dark you see lights. Little individual lights that make up a sea of glowing yellow dots.

"About anything. I'm not one for personal questions. Just tell me something interesting" I returned my eyes to him. "Well damn, you've put me on the spot, Lexi. I'll have to think for a second" he chuckled. 

"How about you tell me where you got these" I took Anthony's hand in mine and let my thumb brush over his knuckles.

I didn't immediately remove my hand from his, which made him start subtly brushing over my fingers too, in almost a trance-like motion.

        "Boxing," he said too easily. "Nice try" I let him know I didn't buy it. It made the man chuckle in the deep way that he can. "Did you want it to be something more interesting than that?" I looked back at the view and thought about what I would say. He didn't seem to mind the pause. I could feel his gaze still hot on my flesh.

"I suppose I did. And since you won't tell me outright I think it's something very interesting indeed" again I called him out. I know a lie when I see one. He was too smooth about it. Like he anticipated my asking so he preplanned an answer.

"Oh? Is that so?" He averted the comment. 

I studied him for a second. He has broad shoulders that hold his confidence in them. His face is relaxed, amused even, but his eyes are always watching more closely than his disposition lets on.

        "Hey, I said I don't like personal questions, so I won't pry over yours" I let him off the hook. He placed his short glass of whiskey on the clear bar, tapping his fingers on top. My eyes watched his long clean fingers tap. Those fingers...I can picture him...never mind.

"Why so secretive darling? I recall you mentioned something about my being mysterious, but I think you're the mysterious one here. What are you hiding, Miss Lexi?" I knew he was kidding, but my gut flipped knowing I was hiding something.

"I don't tell strange men intimate details of my life, so he doesn't stalk and kidnap me" I stated sarcastically. "But you go to bars with them?" He pressed on. "Only the very handsome ones." Anthony's lip twitched, but he held back whatever expression was about to spread across his face. 

"That's twice you've called me handsome. Say it a third time and I might kiss you" he warned me. Noted.

        After our gazes lingered for a silent air thickening moment he broke the trance and glanced around in disinterest. "Will you be telling me anything about yourself? Have you always lived in New York? How'd you start modeling? Anything" he asked me. "I just moved to New York" I gave him that much.

"Welcome to the city" he waved down at the vast expansion of skyscrapers and lit up buildings across the view. "You?" I returned the question. "Born and raised" he nodded so sure and proud.

"Have you ever been to Italy?" I found myself asking. "I have. I still have a decent amount of family there. You?" He asked, and I assumed he meant Italy, since it's what I asked him. 

"To Italy? No. Not where it counts. I flew there for work, but I didn't get to do anything touristy. I saw nothing" I pouted my already pouty lips. His eyes blazed like a searing flame.

        "That's too bad. You'll have to go. But I actually meant Russia, have you ever been there?" He asked me. "Once" I nodded. It's not exactly a lie, now is it? I have been there and lived there extensively for years, but he didn't ask for how long. He asked how many times. 

First time around I wasn't visiting. I was simply born. Second time around I was coming from my home in America, so wasn't it just a long, very long visit? I think so.

"Do you live with family, friends, alone?" He continued his starting inquiry. "With a roommate. Also a model." He licked his lips in the hottest way and his troublemaker's expression surfaced. "Well damn, you'll definitely have to invite me over some time then. Two models" he insinuated something.

I playfully gasped and shoved lightly at his very firm chest. Oh. When the music that'd been quietly filling the room, compared to most bars, had shifted to something more obvious we both noticed it.

        "Do you like music?" He asked me. "I do, but I listen to some pretty old stuff. My mom was very into 60s, 70s', and 80's music from Rock and Roll to hippie dippy" I admitted. "Your mom sounds cool already. Where's she at now?" He asked me innocently. "Over the rainbow" I spoke plainly. "What?" He chuckled. Well he asked for it. 

"She's dead" I deadpanned.

His eyes slightly widened and he straightened himself out. "I'm sorry," he apologized. "Sorry for? People say sorry, but I'm not convinced they even know what they're actually sorry for" I teased him.

"Isn't that the thing you say when your date drops a dead parent card on you?" He can keep up with the banter so well. "Better than saying thank you" I added quickly. That ripped a deep laugh out of him. 

It made me clench my thighs.

        Swiping a hand down his dark stubble he took his bottom lip into his mouth and shook his head at me in amusement. "You're pretty funny" he gave me my props. Again our eyes lingered. I could feel it. We have chemistry here.

I like that he's older with that sexy stubble and questionable aura of a troublemaker. I like that he's smooth without being a douchebag.

-

        For the rest of our two drinks we had together the conversation was light and easy. He flirted more than anything else. He could come up with such quick one liners to make a girl swoon. He's good at this. I'm sure he's had a ton of practice.

Anthony also makes these subtle movements that redirect your eyes to where he wants them to go. Either to his lips when he licks them or smirks, or his hand when he touches my hand or draws patterns over the bartop to mesmerize you with the movement of his long fingers. It makes you think dirty thoughts you have no business thinking about.

Like what those fingers or lips can do against you. "Shall we go?"

-------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: How do you guys like Lexi so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 10.3K 32
Michael Rizzuto, a powerful mafia boss, unexpectedly crosses paths with Laila Scorsese, the daughter of one of his trusted Made Man. Intrigued by her...
9.6K 211 14
Born into a life of violence, Andrea Lopez yearns for the one thing she's never known: love. Despite her kindness and resilience, past traumas have l...
26.9K 1.7K 37
"I gently put my hand under her chin and raised her head to take a better look. It shouldn't have happened, but for some reason, breath got knocked...
2.5M 58K 81
Mia Fiore has been running from dangerous men for half her life. Now that she's focused on a fashion career and finally reuniting with her brother, i...