Star War StoryTeller

By Shadow_trooper

Star Wars receive information from a world, and now they are learning about it from a knowledgeable chatterbox More

Prologue
Vault Tec
Super Mutants
Brotherhood (West)
Brotherhood (East)
The Enclave
NCR
Caesar's Legion
Declarations and Intentions
Political Discussion
House
The Khans
The More Things Change
Ghouls
Ulysses' Divide
Mud, Business, Luck and Questions, what more could you ask for?
Legates
Religion
#85, Chems, Ideas, Training and FEV
Big MT
Zeta
Classes, Expenses, Clinic, Ethics, Cheers and EVIL!!!!!
Crimson Caravan
The Madre
Story Teller
AFTER PARTY!
War Games
The Boomers/Vault 34
The Pitt
VR Sim P1
VR Sim P2
VR Sim P3
VR Sim P4
Point Look Out
Call of the Krivbeknih
Survivalist
Slice of Life
Cannibalism

Heavy Clone Armor

4.5K 36 0
By Shadow_trooper

The 501st was the first to get to try out the newly created "Power Clone Armor", which was much like the T-51b. A special unit was made, first to test out the "movement" and the some tests.

Anakin, Ahsoka and Rex were watching.

"How's it feel Bitter?" Rex asked.

"Well, besides the awkward neck piece, More padding on the chest would be good, I think it is comfortable enough just standing." the clone said.

"How much can you move?" Ahsoka asked.

The clone raised an arm to the side, before moving it forward and back. He got bent his arm, getting about a 60 degree angle before the armor was touching, restricting movement. He turned to one side, getting about 20 degrees to both sides before he couldn't turn more. The clone began to walk, his steps were kind of heavy, as he struggled to move.

"Seems like movement is a bit stiff. I don't think running is in the near future here." Bitter said.

"Ok, let's see what you can do in terms of lifting." Anakin said.

Bitter moved to a set of boxes, grabbing one and lifting it up with one arm.

"Yeah, these are pretty good, I think the shells for artillery would be a one man job with these." Bitter said.

"Maybe, the frames could be used by repair crews to carry heavy gear, and then use it to hold heavy parts for repairs." Ahsoka said.

"Good idea, Rex, put that down for possible uses." Anakin said.

Rex marked it down on a data pad.

"Now, lets see how damage resistance goes." Rex said, drawing one of his blasters.

Bitter was hesitant.

"I'm ready, come on." He said, making a fist.

Rex fired a shot, and the shot was absorbed, leaving a small blast mark on the armor. A second shot was fired, and a third, fourth, fifth.

"Display reads that armor is still good. Ok, yeah, only minor damage." Bitter said.

"Hey, Fives, Echo, come over here." Rex ordered.

Echo, armed with a DC-15 Blaster Rifle and Fives, with a DC-15 blaster Carbine, walked up. They both gave a salute to their commanders.

"Give Bitter here a shot to the chest, we need to see how more powerful shots hold up." Rex said.

"You sure this is safe?" Echo asked.

"Stats say they are pretty strong, considering they have blast-steel armor, I'd say that he'll be safe." Rex said.

Echo took a few steps back, taking aim, aiming at the chest, and fired. The mark left was larger.

"You good Bitter?" Echo asked.

"Yeah, Display shows about a 5% drop in armor strength though." Bitter reported.

"Ok, Fives, Carbine, burst fire." Rex said.

"Yes sir." Fives said, turning on the burst fire and walking a few steps away.

Fives fired 3 bursts, hitting the chest plate with each short burst.

"I'm good, armor holding, yeah, can I get out now? I'm getting pinched in uncomfortable places." Bitter said.

"Yeah, we can get you out." Anakin said.

Rex got behind the clone and clicked the panel, before sliding a small lock, which needed a special tool to unlock from it's position, and then sliding it to the release function. The Back hissed as the back section, unlocked. 

The shoulders lifted up, as the arms split open on the back, freeing the arms. The legs opened up by splitting at the calves and thighs, as the lower back also slid apart, opening. Finally the upper back flipped up, letting Bitter slide his head out of the helmet. 

He rolled his head twice, once in both directions, before rolling his shoulders.

"Id say that maybe some parts of the normal clone armor should be worn, chest piece, gauntlets, boots. That's my opinion at least." the clone explained.

"Ok, good, but now comes the real question, what's the role this will play in combat? We can't supply everyone with a set, so what is the Heavy Clone Armor frame's role?" Rex asked.

"I think it could be a heavy weapons system, and additional armor could be used as Armor support in areas that vehicles such as tanks couldn't fit." Ahsoka said.

"That's pretty good, a mobile hard point." Anakin said.

-meanwhile-

Palpatine was looking at the design for the Heavy Clone armor, He smiled, a perfect tool for his future plans. Tarkin was still busy, going over the translated War Manual. However, Palpatine was interested in something. The paper he was given all those weeks back, when they learned of the Super Mutants.

F.E.V, the Forced Evolutionary Virus. He was curious.

"Miss Gardner, a moment." He said.

The Holographic appearance of the woman suddenly showed.

"What is it Chancellor?" She asked.

"What happened to this...."Mariposa" place?" He asked.

Ruby Gardner closed her eyes.

"If my memory serves, the Base was destroyed in 2260, after Vault City joined the Republic. At least that's how the story goes. Bunch of soldiers got together, took some old world artillery, put pointed it at the base, and blew it to the pits of hell." Ruby said.

She noticed how Palpatine's expression changed, in a small way, a slight twinge at the corner of his mouth, a series of tiny muscle movements that signaled that meant something. Ruby was NCR military, she was almost a Ranger, until she got selected by....the "Program" and now she was here. 

Ruby Gardner, was a Military Intelligence Officer. She knew to look for when someone was keeping secrets, and why the interest in Mariposa. 

"Why do you ask?" She questioned.

"I was just curious what had happened the location that was so important to the formation of the brotherhood and the NCR." he said.

Stock answer, not one that would raise suspicion, too bland, though, it didn't seem to fit the small twinge of annoyance, or anger it seems.

"Yeah, any questions about the NCR, you seemed to have been very interested in Aradesh and Tandi. Then you scowled after, well, after they had president after president. Of course early on we were expansionist, some historians called it "the Days of the New Californian Empire", but Tandi was smart, and her kid was fucking dumb, so he never went into politics. The day Tandi Retired, was the day "the Empire died and Republic Rose"." Ruby said.

Palpatine was thinking, his eyes dilated, and changed, slightly, it was a cool green, to a slightly green yellow, and a darker green at the same time, just for quick second. His hand curled just a tiny bit, clearly some nerve had been struck. 

Ruby smiled, before she vanished, returning to her probe from. Palpatine was angry, no, furious, that machine emulated the memory of a person had seen into his plan, all from a simple curiosity. Palpatine stood up, before going to his personal chambers, and then leaving via a secret exit. He left the senate in secret and eventually reached a chamber.

Activating a com, he was greeted by an image of Count Dooku.

"Dooku, what is it you have learned from your probe?" Sidious questioned.

"From what I can tell, we have learned similar information, however, we were granted the design and blueprint for a Super Computer, that is under construction, from what the probe explains, the computer will be able to out match any tactical droid created, with it, we will be able to lure the Jedi into traps and destroy them with ease." Dooku said, smiling.

Palpatine was most interested in that fact. He was curious....with that computer, could it recreate the FEV? 

"Good my apprentice. I look forward to your progress. With parts of the map, we will soon be able to launch a mission to the planet, and we will take the technology and weapons, making them bend to fit our future plans." Palpatine said.

With a smile, Palpatine returned to his office, thankfully, his plan for the republic was yet to be changed all that much. Palpatine would have his Empire, the only difference is what forces would be used, power armored figures suppressing rebellious elements, Super mutant super soldiers becoming elite members of his army. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 18 11
Learn About Star Wars. Thats it Enjoy
388 22 11
A team of hero's are assigned on a secret mission to end the Clone Wars for good. But suddenly they end up crash landing on an unknown planet-surroun...
6.6K 155 22
When the Autobots are chased down in space by the Decepticons, they crashland onto the planet of Coruscant with the Decepticons crashing on Ryloth. T...
22.8K 810 41
๐๐š๐๐ฆรจ ๐€๐ฆ๐ข๐๐š๐ฅ๐š ๐— ๐Œ๐š๐ฅ๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ก๐š๐ง๐ญ๐จ๐ฆ ๐Œ๐ž๐ง๐š๐œ๐ž:โœ… ๐€๐ญ๐ญ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‚๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ:โœ… ๐‘๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐Ž๐Ÿ...