Star War StoryTeller

By Shadow_trooper

Star Wars receive information from a world, and now they are learning about it from a knowledgeable chatterbox More

Prologue
Vault Tec
Super Mutants
Brotherhood (West)
Brotherhood (East)
The Enclave
NCR
Heavy Clone Armor
Declarations and Intentions
Political Discussion
House
The Khans
The More Things Change
Ghouls
Ulysses' Divide
Mud, Business, Luck and Questions, what more could you ask for?
Legates
Religion
#85, Chems, Ideas, Training and FEV
Big MT
Zeta
Classes, Expenses, Clinic, Ethics, Cheers and EVIL!!!!!
Crimson Caravan
The Madre
Story Teller
AFTER PARTY!
War Games
The Boomers/Vault 34
The Pitt
VR Sim P1
VR Sim P2
VR Sim P3
VR Sim P4
Point Look Out
Call of the Krivbeknih
Survivalist
Slice of Life
Cannibalism

Caesar's Legion

7.5K 49 84
By Shadow_trooper

(Thank airsoftal01 @crimsonweresloth and Anderfell for helping me make this chapter)

The Jedi were gathered in a room, they were preparing to be for many things. Anakin, Obi-wan, Ahsoka, Mace, Shaak, and Aayla all joined, with Rex and Cody near their generals. Their probe was glitching out, she cut in and out, the hologram was fuzzy, sometimes showing the woman in a red tunic and armor, and a woman in a white robe.

"What's going on?" Cody asked confused.

Anakin walked over, hoping he may have some idea, and he reached forward, grabbed onto a small switch and flipped it.

The hologram vanished, and a small hatch opened. Inside the hatch was a tube. Picking up the tube, the clones carried a table over, and Anakin twisted the top, seeing a red cloth, wrapped around something.

"This better not be a kid." He said, unwrapping it.

As the cloth was unwrapped, it was revealed to not be a baby, but.....a skull, with a knife, and something in the jaw. They group was confused. Anakin reached forward, grabbing the knife's handle. Suddenly he saw something. A man talking to people around a fire, he said "I can teach you how to fight, better than the other tribes." Before the vision stopped. Anakin dropped the knife, breathing heavily.

"What's wrong Skywalker?" Windu asked.

"I touched the knife, and saw.....something." Anakin said, confused.

Kenobi reached forward, and was going to open the Skull's jaw, when as he placed his hand on it, was suddenly seeing a city, smoke filled the air, the sounds of screams, and howls, and the smell of burning fur filled the air. He saw soldiers throwing animal bodies onto fire piles, a figure leading them, one wearing metal armor, "let their dogs burn. It is a fate they will soon share." A man spoke, his voice was deep, and rough. Kenobi left the vision, pulling his hand back.

"I saw one too." Kenobi said.

"Was it a man showing tribals how to wage war?" Anakin asked.

"No......I mean.....maybe....it was a city in flames.

Mace Windu reached out with the force and grabbed the medallion from the skull's jaw, disk, that fit into an open palm, a man's face was carved on to it, facing to one side. "Pax Per Bellum" on it. Mace Windu was shown a burning fire, bodies laid all around him, as a single large figure, covered in blood, stood, facing the fire, breathing heavily, his shadow enveloping everything g behind him.

Everyone there looked at the cloth, seeing a golden Bull design on it, not knowing what it was.

On Mandalore, Satine, Merrik and Bo Karan watched, their probe was fine.

The probes activated and began to show the next log.

A long time ago, there was a saying, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". That makes more sense back when every child in the country went to school 5 days a week and learned their history from a big room full of books. Of late, it can be a mite hard to find a history book that hasn't been burned or rotted through, so it seems like a lot of the good folk of the wasteland are doomed to repeat a lot of history's mistakes.

*shows a classroom with students and a teacher at the front, it eventually fades to show the same room, now in ruins, desks over turned, and empty, broken windows and empty shelves.*

Tano and Anakin both couldnt help but chuckle, "No offense, but history hasnt really given us much outside of bones, death, and ideas long since proven to be useful." Anakin states.

Kenobi rolled his eyes at Anakin's outburst, "If you actually looked at history, you may have learned some lessons from it, my young padawan." Kenobi said

"Sounds like something everyone should know as Common sense." Cody said.

Windu nodded his head at that, books held some of the best information available and he encouraged the younglings that he helped sometimes to always read, far to many padawans had fallen to the Sith because they didn't know the Jedi tenants. Much like his unfortunate Padawan Depa

Shaak Ti was a quiet, and scholarly jedi, "Mistakes can be repeated, but it you do not learn from them, you are doomed to have it become your ruin

There's a certain man in nevada who is deliberately repeating history's mistakes. Calls himself Caesar, spoken by his followers as Kaizar. He's not the first to go by either of those names. A good two thousand years ago, the first Caesar ruled an empire on the other side of the world. That Caesar probably never ever imagined there was a whole continent over here full of new people to enslave.

*shows the man sitting on the throne from before, it zooms in slowly, shows a map of the globe and highlights the territory held by the roman empire .*

Anakin had to control his emotions as he breaths to attempt to keep calm, keyword attempt. Kenobi placed his hand on Anakin's shoulder, trying to calm him.

Mace shook his head, where ever there existed people apparently there would always be slavers, it disappointed him that after destroying themselves so thoroughly they continued their destructive ways, and slavery, well he had seen what that does to people, not many knew this but some Jedi had been captured by slavers over the years. That was really the only time they deliberately went after then, but even then it was kept on the hush hush, after all if the wider Galaxy knew especially those disgusting pieces of trash the Hutts, they would have half the merc's, pirates, and slavers on Courscant's front door. All to get back their 'property', oh how he wished to indulge in the dark side a little bit to go after them openly by he settled for privately after all. All those slaver ship routinely disappear on the way to there destinations and well dead men tell no tales after all.

Rex looked at the man and sneered, he had seen leadership, Skywalker was the good leader, one who lead by example. "Sounds like this Caesar is an idiot, or delusional." Cody nodded in agreement, repeating the actions of someone of the past wasn't always a good idea, especially when you know how their story ends.

Well, this new Caesar of the post-apocalyptic world is out to finish what the first one started. Rather than aiming to restore america to what it was in the days before the Great War, Caesar is forging a new nation, using the Roman Empire as some form of twisted inspiration.

*shows Caesar before a crowd of soldiers, many have large helmet plooms, metal armor and the capes. To his sides are two beings, holding two large poles, with the red flags, with a golden bull on them*

"These artifacts are of the Legion." Shaak Ti said, looking down at the flag that she not set down on a table.

A Golden Bull, Mace Windu, Jedi Master, liberator of captive fellow Jedi, he would remember this symbol. He would etch it into his subconscious and when the time came, he would burn it, and those that followed it to the ground. Nothing would be left, he would make sure of that. Their symbols destroyed, their stories erased, and their hardliners in prison or dead. Mace's eyes looked towards Skywalker, he thought for a minute and he came to the conclusion that on Terra he would be leading the charge against this Legion if he was ordered to or not. So he might as well invite him in his little excursion to decimate the legion.

Anakins anger was starting to build, now to try and calm himself he was doing his breathing while opening and closing his hands to try and keep his anger from bubbling over.

Ashoka didn't know what to feel upon hearing everything, but one thing was for sure, she would make sure her skyguy didn't go off the deep end into the darkside.

Aalya lead forwards, as a former slave herself house a strong hatred for the practice but she couldn't tell how far it goes. Though she did have a feeling she was going to lose it, times like this she was glad to have Quinlan Vos as her master.

That's a funny idea for someone to get in their head, of course this Caesar has an unconventional upbringing. He was born in 2226 out west in the Boneyard, the ruins of what use to be Los Angeles. He didn't stay there for long, his mother took him away when he was just a baby and raised him with the Followers of the Apocalypse. Despite their name, theses "Followers" aren't one of those doomsday cults, they're just a group of do-gooder intellectuals who try and preserve the knowledge of the old world.

*shows map of the NCR, and highlights the "Boneyard", cuts to a group of people in lab coats, one is talking to a child*

Windu had a smile on his face at the followers, he was glad to see that there were some groups out in this wasteland that were dedicated to helping people, but that smile went to a frown when he heard that Caesar was a former follower, but he couldn't blame the followers, just like he didn't blame any Jedi master when their padawans went dark, and he especially couldn't help but feel sorry that the followers had to deal with that stigma of having raised that slaver bastard

Kenobi glanced over at Anakin. He was...similar. He was destined for greatness, and came from a humble beginning. He looked at the young knight, it was......good to see that he still was doing good, even if it wasn't always clear to everyone.

Satine was pleased at hearing that a group was focusing on helping the people of the wasteland, instead of trying to steal it for themselves.

They also keep record about the present, so we know all there is to know about who Caesar was before he declared himself emperor. He used to be a bright young man named Edward Sallow. He was chosen to go on a followers expedition to study the tribespeople of the wasteland, and perhaps he was a little too intelligent and educated to be sent out among the savages.

*shows two followers looking at a globe, one reading a book, and the other writing information down. Fades to black before showing a man, deep in thought*

Sometimes you have to keep an eye on the smart ones. They are the ones who cause trouble." Rex said, recalling how Slick betrayed them, and killed several brothers.

Kenobi shook his head. Those who show promise are often praised, and sometimes it goes to their heads. Remember Anakin, humility tempers an ego." Kenobi said

Anakin kept silent as he just nods to his master still glaring at the holographic screen.

Shaak Ti felt something in the force. As someone who had traveled to 'less civilized' worlds, she knows a thing or two about teaching them. But this felt off, like handing a Tusken a speeder. Trained for the use of traveling, things will be fine. But train them to use it for raids, and it could lead to more death.

He viewed them with a mix of sneering contempt, and misguided pity. He felt it was his duty to civilize them at any cost. In a stroke of Irony, it turned out that those uncivilized lands had some books from before the war, books that weren't reduced to a pile of ash. Rare historical records, including an account of the original Caesar's war in Gaul. Sallow could have seen the history of Rome as a warning about an empire that was doomed to fall.

*shows the man looking at 3 other followers, who were talking to a tribal group. Shows the man reading a book, near a pile of mostly preserved books*

Shaak ti felt a dry discomfort, it was...eerie, many of the jedi had heard of the ancient stories, the battles, they were looked at as powerful beings, and until recently, it was believed. What could have been learned about battle was lost. She felt some regret in this.

"Maybe a lessons of the archives could aid us, many of the jedi of old wore armor" She said.

In a bit of irony Mace could see that most of the Jedi had that attitude towards some of the Galaxy, he himself was guilty of doing that, but he has tried to do better in regards to that.

There was a bad feeling coming to Aalya as she felt this Sallow would not understand the meaning of those history books. Which was never a good thing.

But instead, he saw something of himself in Caesar, and decided to follow his example, even if it meant knowingly repeating the mistakes of the past. The Romans described in those books were, by the standards of the time, the most civilized group in the known world. So mighty was their Empire, they even had it better than most folks today. Food, Fresh Water, Roads and Libraries. The problem is that only some Romans had it that good, their empire was built on conquest and slavery, and the people on bottom rung of society had it about as bad as a molerat in a deathclaw den.

*shows an old painting of julius caesar on a box, speaking to the people, wearing robes, it is faded in with Edward Sallow, the soon to be Caesar, reading the book, shows another image, Caesar surrounded by soldiers, as man on a horse approaches him.*

Merrik scowled. It was understandable to idolize the history of a people, the mythology they created from their existence, but to build onto the flaws did not create a civilization that would survive. They had everything from before, and built up, not built up and those came with. He was angry at Caesar now, going from a distrust and annoyance, to anger.

Anakin clench his metallic fist at the mention of slave labor as Aayla held her own rage that was now starting to build up.

Under the new title of Caesar, Edward Sallow forged the tribals of Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado into an army patterned after the Legion of Rome. Their entire society was converted to the war effort, and they used merciless strategies to decisively end their conflicts. Eighty Six tribes in all, and each one encountered was either assimilated or Annihilated.

*shows a middle aged Caesar leading forces, they have tribals kneeling at their feet, some lay dead near their soldiers, then shows the soldiers attacking other tribals, killing them. the Proto-legion was born.*

"Sounds like the droids almost. Scary to think a man can be like them in a way." Cody said

Kenobi shook his head, Caesar was becoming a monster in this world, he may have at a time been a good man, but now the actions he took turned him from that path.

Mace looked in extreme disappointment at Edward, some men just can't see that sometimes History should be buried, and this Edward/Caesar, he would have left the past buried, and now it was up to the Jedi to bury him

Bo Katan felt a sort of kinship, Mandolarians were heavily militaristic, once conquered and annihilated many races that the Republic never meet. Maybe they could be a good ally to have to take her sister's throne.

The men who survived are forced to become soldiers of the Legion. All traces of their original tribe are eradicated and these slaves soldiers have but one option in life: To die in the service of their conquerors. With each new victory, the Legion grows in Numbers, leaving behind no one to Oppose them. In his own way, Caesar is bringing order to the wasteland, one Genocide at a time.

*shows two legionaries, one with the flag of the bull on his back, armed with a rifle, the other with a blade in hand. Both wear a red tunic with armor over their chest and helmets, along with black helmets, goggles and red face masks.*

"Sounds like the droids almost. Scary to think a man can be like them in a way." Cody said

Kenobi shook his head, Caesar was becoming a monster in this world, he may have at a time been a good man, but now the actions he took turned him from that path.

Mace looked in extreme disappointment at Edward, some men just can't see that sometimes History should be buried, and this Edward/Caesar, he would have left the past buried, and now it was up to the Jedi to bury him

"A good intention does not equal a justification to destroy those who stand against you." Shaak Ti said, looking down at the artifacts on the table

Bo Katan felt a sort of kinship, Mandolarians were heavily militaristic, once conquered and annihilated many races that the Republic never meet. Maybe they could be a good ally to have to take her sister's throne.

Women of the conquered tribes are not allowed the dignity of dying in combat. The Legion's strictly regimented society forbids such equality, no matter how skilled those women may be as warriors. This rigid separation ensures that half the Legion's forces fight, while the other half breeds the next generation of slaves.

*shows two legionaries looking at a cage, inside are people in rags, old men and women. One legionary bangs on the cage*

Anakin was about to lose his temper, until he felt the actual weather in the chamber drop to a colder feel, slowly turning his eyes begin to widen as he sees the raw emotions coming off of the female members of the group.

Rex and Cody quickly realized that they were in extreme danger being surrounded by not just angry, but force powered Jedi, and they ducked out of the room and ran down the hall, away from it in fear, warning to not go in that direction until they knew it was safe.

Merrik was nervous, looking towards Satine and Bo-Katan, he was thinking, "are these chairs a good barrier between me and the Rage about to be released"

A Royal Guard walks in to inform Bo Katan that message, but he stop as murderous rage was coming off of her. This caused the guard to stop it his tracks before closing the door, leaving her alone.

Caesar would say that slavery is a fitting punishment for the weak and cowardly members of the defeated tribes, a chance for them to prove themselves worth in their new life. A Compelling argument, but nothing can justify being born a Slave. Children born into the legion are separated from their parents, given no knowledge of the culture of their ancestors, and identify themselves as one small part of the vast Legion. They're all destined to die in Caesar's Servitude.

*shows a cage of children, all wearing rags with a Red X painted onto it, with something on their necks*

(Bomb collar explination)

In the throne room on went silent, and a very, very, very cold breeze blew through it, all of Satines governors froze at the amount of killer intent the normally peaceful woman was giving off. The sound of stone breaking could be heard as one of the governors looked to the arms of the throne and saw that with pure unadulterated rage Satine had cracked the stone and was about to break it completely. "I'm sorry" she said "Caesar did what now to the women in this dead legion." She then went silent but that only lasted for a few minutes before she went off the rails. "I am extremely angry, gentlemen, very, very, very angry." She said her voice deceptively calm but with her voice full of hatred and venom "Gentlemen, I know I've not been the 'perfect' Mandalorian in many of your eyes, but I'll be damned I say, damned, if I let these misogynistic bastards continue with their ways. So it is with a justifiable rage I declare this." She trails off before yelling out in a loud voice one full of Hatred, Venom and Pure Killing Intent "When we get there, we will hunt them down, and NOT ONE THING WILL BE LEFT OF THIS LEGION. NO STORIES, NO ARTIFACTS, NOTHING WILL BE LEFT OF THEM, THE MANDALORIANS WILL CLEANSE THEM FROM THE FACE OF THE GALAXY, They will be a cautionary tale for !!!!

Bo filled with the same rage joins her sister, "AND THE MANDO RANGERS WILL LEAD THE WAY TO THEIR DESTRUCTION ON OUR RIGHTEOUS CRUSADE OF JUSTICE !" Bo declares, while the mando rangers weren't a thing yet, she was gonna make certain they did just so they could bring down the legion with mando strength and fury.

Kenobi had a sudden, horrible, taste in his mouth, then he felt an absolute pressure wave of anger and hatred that was coming from a source that was not suppose to be angry. Anakin listening to his inner voice was joining his master as he took cover behind the columns.

Tarkin looked up from his desk. He was busy going over the Manual, he was given, there was this feeling, like something was looming over his head, something was wrong, however he couldn't quite figure what it was. He tried to focus on the work, but the looming feeling of danger was a perpetual distraction.

Shaak ti was quiet, after hearing everything, she walked over and picked up the bottle of Nuka-cola, before smashing it on a table. "I AM GOING TO SHOVE THIS DOWN CAESAR'S THROAT!" She screeched, shocking everyone in the room.

Ahsoka was angry, she gripped her lightsaber in her hand, and made a fist in the other. Lifting her lightsaber up she brought it down hard, it slammed into the desk, leaving an imprint on the table, denting the metallic plate of the table.

Aalya sent out a wave of force energy around her causing those around her to feel it. Vos could feel his former Padawan's rage even on the other side of the Galaxy... which made him extremely worried.

Far from the Jedi temple their was another upset woman of power, Padme, the former queen of Naboo whos glass shattered in her grip whos voice spoke with venom, "I maybe all for peace, i maybe for 2nd chances, I even am all for the idea of rehabilitation. However just this once, ill make an exception to my principles." She breaths as she yells with fury of hell its self. "YOU SHALL KNOW JUSTICE FOR ALL THE WRONGS YOU HAVE DONE ! OUR CLONE LEGIONS SHALL RAISE YOUR SLAVE BUILT CIVILIZATION TO THE GROUND ! WE SHALL CRUSH YOUR ARMYS ! CRUSH YOUR SYSTEM ! FREE THOSE OF BONDAGE AND THEN KEEP DOING SO UNTIL YOU BEG FOR DEATH ! Which i can assure you, SHALL NEVER COME YOU SON OF A BITCH ! I WILL PERSONALLY BE THE ONE TO KILL YOU WHEN WE FINALLY ALLOW YOU TO DIE !"

Palpatine felt a disturbance in the force, it was as if in an instance of all the powerful women in the Galaxy was United in unison against something. He didn't like it, it made him feel afraid, and from what the force was telling him his former queen was in on it too, he pitted the legion, a empire built from slavery was doomed to fail, especially since from what he was feeling, his former queen would show no mercy.

Caesar's love of the old times and martial virtues does not prevent him from arming his men with weapons developed in the twenty first century. If throwing javelins at their enemy wont get the job done, then they legion will reach for assault rifles or even more advanced weaponry. They do prefer to fight hand-to-hand whenever possible, and some of the legion's men carried kinetic energy hammers and ballistic gauntlets enhanced with twenty first century technology.

*shows 4 legionaries, one holding a spear, one a rifle, one a super sledge, one has a Ballistic fist, an arm mounted shotgun*

Satine scoffs, "Sure, thats good and all, but they are nothing compared to an actual trained and proper ARMY !"

Merrik peaked out from his potential defense. "He may be a massive fool, but at least he knows that weapons can be useful

Windu's eyebrow raised, this was the army that this Caesar used they looked barely trained, for force sakes it looked as if the only reason Caesar was a threat was because of his numbers, not his tactical genius, but because of numbers that was disappointing.

Anakin and ObiWan didnt dare step out from cover in fear of the woman jedi anger, "HA ! A slave army is not a proper army ! if anything the clones are better then your forced slaved military !"

Caesar is the absolute ruler of this army, and disobedience is punished with death. A Slow Death. The Legion burns people alive, crucifies them on poles along the roadside, and forces them to fight to the death in duels for Caesar's amusement. Failure is punished with equal cruelty.

*shows bodies being burned on a pile of tires, fades to rows of people being crucified, their ankles nailed thought on the sides, as spikes are driven through the hands. Movement is seen, as some try to find some way, to either die faster, or ease the pain they were going through.*

Shaak Ti, was silent after her outburst with the Nuka bottle, but seeing this, these people crucified and in the very back she saw a heart breaking scene children, being crucified there small bodies were being strapped down to stop their movements while spikes were being hammered into there small hands and feet. It was at this moment that one singular moment, Shaak Ti lost it. A wave of pure killing intent came off her at seeing those helpless children crucified, her voice started out small and rises until she was shouting. "How dare they, HOW DARE THEY DO THAT TO INNOCENT CHILDREN, I WILL SHOVE MY HAND INTO CEASER'S HEART AND STUFF IT DOWN HIS THROAT AND FEED HIN TO THE DOGS!!!!!" Everyone in the council room were shocked at Ti's outburst, here was the Den Mother of the younglings reacting in anger, but they could also understand they saw what she saw, they saw the children being crucified.

Satines eye brow was twitching violently as she growls out, "HOW ! KRIFFING ! DARE YOU ! You dare disrespect the dead ! EVEN MANDALORE OF OLD NEVER DID SUCH A THING YOU ! YOU !" Satine was damn near close to grabbing a blaster pistol and unleashing more then a few bolts inside the chamber as her sister wasnt doing any better.

Every member of the legion knows that it is better to die in battle against the enemy, than to stand before Caesar in Shame. Even his highest ranking commanders, his Legates, can suffer his wrath.

*shows a legionary being beaten by two other legionaries. Caesar sits on his throne, a golden crown of leaves on his head. It fades to black, as the legionary's grunts in pain*

Mace had a sneer on his face at that, Caesar was lucky that his legion was loyal to him, cause if it wasn't then this would be a ember to start a rebellion to get rid of him.

Merrik's face went pale at the that, the idea of even failure was not tolerated, it was...ironic, no safety for anyone. Caesar's actions was a person who cared little for anyone, only his own dreams.

A few years ago, Caesar proved this when his army came upon it's first worthy opponent. The New California Republic. Even as the Legion spreads Westward, the NCR was exploring territory on their eastern border. The two nations clashed on the banks of the Colorado river for control of the Hoover Dam in 2277.

*shows some NCR scouts looking over the dam, on the far side was a fortress on a hill.*

Cody and Rex thought the same thing. 'Oh Kriff this isn't going to be good.'

Anakin nods slowly as he says, "heres hoping the NCR can hold out against them with their superior forces and training."

Kenobi was nodding, "this will be a part that should be interesting."

It proved to be the first defeat for the legion. The NCR had the biggest, most organized army in the wasteland, and their rangers are some of the fiercest, most cunning fighters in the wastes. The NCR feigned retreat across the dam and lead the Legion to the town of Boulder City. Back when there was a town there.

*shows group of rangers, and NCR soldiers, armed and ready. A film reel begin as dozens of legionaries are shown rushing forward, to be shot by a few NCR soldiers and a ranger in the streets of boulder city.

"There's too many!" a private yelled, scared, his uniform had cuts and a few bloody patches, along with belts around his leg, acting as a tourniquet.

The Ranger was seen firing his rifle, picking off more legionaries. One Legion Centurion rushed forward, punching at the ranger, before 2 shots from the ranger's revolver took him out the centurion, as one shot was to the gut, and the other was from under the jaw.

As the group of 7 soldiers were about to turn down a street, a throwing spear was thrown, their escape was now cut off by Legionaries. A second spear caught the chest of a soldier, killing him instantly.

"Into the building, get up the stairs!" the Sergeant yelled, before a bullet caught her in the shoulder. A private that was being dragged got shot in the head, and the corporal who was dragging dropped the body, yelling in frustration, threw a grenade at a group legionaries.

The remaining group soldiers and ranger ran into a building, before pushing a set of shelves in front of the door and windows to make a barricade to keep the legion out. A window broke and the Soldier shot through it, killing a legionary and their body impaled on the shards of glass still standing in the window.

"We're surrounded, Sir! What the hell do we do now, sir!?" one soldier screamed panicked.

The ranger was panting, beaten and bloodied, stood up calmly and reloaded his revolver, with a flick, the cylinder clicked into his big iron. "We hold the line." the Ranger stated, gritting his teeth, through pain of his injuries he sustained.*

Satines anger was replaced with shock, then shock turned to pride, then pride with a mix of fear as is seeing the finale stand of these brave men and woman being lead by a ranger who by all accounts should have died from his injuries.

Bo looked at those soldiers with pride in her eyes, they were helplessly out numbered, but they refused to surrender, they chose to go out like badasses, and she saluted them for it

Merrik was awestruck, it was incredible. The Bravery, the determination, the Ranger was what every traditional mandalorian wished to be. It was incredible, against the odds, they did not break.

Cody and Rex secretary knew that they would one day follow a similar fate as these NCR soldiers, but by the Many Moons they will make their enemies remember their final stand.

*"Ammo check." the ranger ordered as he slowly climbed the steps, as everyone looked through their ammo pouches, to see how many rounds they truly had left.

Everyone counted....they had around 120 rounds for the 5 of them for their rifles, and 3 hand grenades as they had a moment of peace to consolidate their lack of supplies. Windows began to break, as the legion tried to enter the building.

The soldiers rushed up the steps, and took aim at the steps, and saw a legionary rush forward, they shot him, taking precise shots as more came up, until one legionary climbed into a window behind them. The ranger turned and fired, kill the legionary.

The NCR's soldiers' rifles ran out of ammo, leaving pistols, and as those ran dry of ammo, leaving them with only knives. They pushed against the legionaries, taking their spears and attempting to hold them back, but eventually only the ranger was left. The soldiers slowly fell.

Peter Hayes fell after a Legionary with a submachine gun got close, he pulled a pin on a grenade, hiding it as he held his gut as he was collapsed down the steps and exploded in the crowded room of legionaries.

Next fell was Mary Wilson, she was injured before and had lost blood, a single spear thrust was all it took to kill her as she was. She died smiling, standing against the Legion, dying as a soldier, rather than a slave.

Martin Abbie was grabbed and he was pulled into the thick of it. He was slashing and stabbing everything he could as he was pulled down the stairs.

Kelly Foor was last to die, she slit her own throat with a broken glass shard, "a cowards death" is what the legion called it, a refusal of servitude is what she would call it.

"Boulder City is lost. All teams, the plan is a go!" was said over the headset speaker of the Ranger helmet*

Bo Katan watched on with a heavy heart. She wanted to see the Legionaries die by the NCR better weaponry, but was surprised at seeing just how well they were pushing the NCR to the corner. Though she has respect for the soldiers for taking on the Legionnaires, she felt that this was well and truly off.

Cody and Rex gave a heavy sigh, this, this was the death awaits them and they're brothers. But they rather go out fighting, taking as many Seps with them to a slow and meaningless death. This caused them to have great respect for the NCR soldiers.

Kenobi was shocked, the visual of the screen was incredible, sacrifices of soldiers, the acceptance of death they had, it was honorable to the NCR and the Jedi order.

*The Ranger placed his hand on the radio. "This is Ranger Jackson Kreger, Second Ranger Battlaion, NCR Special forces! The Legion can take their pride and shove it, Hooah!"

The line was cut as a centurion rushed forward and slammed a powerfist into the side of the head of the ranger. The Helmet shattered and Jackson's face, now showing bruises, pale from blood lose, covered in deep cuts. He fired a single shot from his hip and the bullet pierced into the skull of the Centurion, killing him in an instant.

Two more legionaries rushed forward, one throws a spear and cuts his biceps, having it fall limp. With his only good arm, he draws his revolver and fired two shots, killing both with a single.

As a third legionary rushes forward, and swings his machete down, cutting into the leg of the ranger.*

Merrik was watching, he didn't dare look away, the intense action, the struggle of a man not able to defeat an army, but showing he would not yield was intense and inspiring.

Satine smiled, this man, this man was a symbol, where weaker men would have given up, where stronger men would have run, he didn't. This man was what she wanted her people to look up to.

Jackson fell to one side and fired his next shot, killing the Legionary as he was on the ground.

Placing the revolver in his hand, he searched for bullets. He found 4 bullets in his pocket. Loading them into chambers. Pushing himself to crawl away from the stairs. He watched waiting, more would come, he knew they would.

"Angel, I'm sorry, but I won't get to see Nick grow up. But, I'll make sure he doesn't grow up under the heel of these bastards." Jackson said, preparing to fight off any more that would come to fight.

Bo, looked at the 'to her at least' the honorary Mandalorian, because to her he didn't surrender to live on his knees, he went out with his pride and honor intact, he while not a Mandalorian; proved that he had their spirit at least

Anakin went pale. "Don't do it." He said, under his breathe, fearful of what it may be.

Merrik's heart ached, it was a memory of what he had done, the clan wars were harsh, he had given many a message to a widow, son, a daughter. He hardened his heart with what he saw, this was a core that should be held, a heart of Iron, and a spirit of honor. Satine looked over at her advisor. She had aided in the clan war's healing, she messaged the families of clan members who had lost family

More Legionaries ran in, attempting to capture the ranger. Jackson would shoot one and the body would fall, the Legionaries would jump over and get closer. Another shot was fired, the bullet entered one legionary, tumbling out and entering the head of another. Jackson fired at one who tried grab him, killing him with a shot straight to the head. A legionary got close, kicking the gun down and stepping on his gun

"Surrender now, and you will live." the Legionary spoke.

Jackson looked, the image of his family as it rested in his helmet....maybe he could. Then he glanced back at the Legion, and knew, he would never see them again.

He released his gun, and reached for the detonator. With defiance in his voice, "FOR THE REPUBLIC!" raising the detonator for all to see, "AND FUCK KEIZAR!"

Satine was speechless, she stared at this man who had a family, who was leaving behind a son, he choice death over surrendering to the enemy. Tears welled up as they spilled over and down her cheeks as she said, "You will be remembered and welcomed by the fallen oh brave warrior, may Manda welcome you with open arms."

Bo couldn't help but yell with the Ranger "FUCK KAIZAR" as she saw the ranger go out in the most badass way, taking a whole bunch of fuckheads with him.

The ground shook from the force, the pressure wave was enough to burst dozens of the legionaries' eardrums on the dam and approaching. The soldiers of the NCR who fell back from Boulder City and the Dam felt the pressure wave and turned, that was the signal.

Those who could fight rushed forward with a renewed vigor. A force rushed forward, with a battle cry of "For the Republic!"

They rushed forward, the injured continued back to safety, but those who could fight, moved in to push the Legion back. A soldier, with bandages around his head, picked up a broken flag pole, waving the NCR flag, shouted like a lion, "PUSH FORWARD! FOR THE REPUBLIC!".

With a massive counter attack, the legion, dazed and confused. Caught off guard by the sudden counter attack, began to retreat. The NCR was joined by a fresh unit from down the river rushed to aid in the reclamation of the dam.

As Bo saw the fresh troops rushing into Bolder City, she couldn't help but jump up and yelling "YEAH!!!! TAKE THAT YOU INBRED MOTHERFUCKERS. THOSE BRAVE SONS OF BITCHS ARE KICKING YOUR ASSES AND FUCKING YOUR PRECIOUS KAIZAR RIGHT UP HIS DUCK FUCKING ASS!!!!!"

Satine was silent, but then found her voice as she said, "To victory." She started out small before finding her voice to be louder, "TO Victory brave warriors of the republic ! Send the Legion dogs back to hell where they belong !" However she was shocked when more voices joined her as some of the royal guard raised their weapons into the air shouting, "Hold on boys ! Once we find ya will help ya defeat these bastard by life day !" Shouted a young royal guard.

Merrik was excited this was a show of force that was impressively powerful, the sheer power of the blast was one he could almost feel. The brave action, the power, it was exhilarating to see. "That's what we need to be able to do, inspire an army, with one man." Merrik said, before shaking his head, "No, a hero."

The screen fades from black to the sight of a massive memorial in the ruins of boulder city, covered in names of the fallen souls who gave their all. Words began to come on screen as a low instrument could be heard playing, the song was a sad one, one to pay respects to the fallen. The words on screen read as follows. "This memorial stands as both a grave marker and a reminder for the brave men and women of the NCR Military who volunteer to defend our homeland. They gave all, so freedom may never be shackled into bondage of tyranny."

Satine couldnt hold in her emotions as she openly cried, still standing the Duchess raised her hand and presented to the memorial of the fallen on screen a Mandalorian warrior salute. Showing respect to the fallen NCR soldiers and Ranger who did give their all to defend freedom from the Legion.

Shaak ti, after witnessing that scene, reading those words, was shaken. The actions of the ranger. It took the anger she felt, and made it into sadness. She sat down, tears rolled down her face as she began to weep. It was a memorial that was one that should be created for clones. For ALL who died in action in this war

Rex and Cody were shaken. How would they be remembered. Would the units, there were hundreds of thousands of clones already here for the war. How many would be made? How many would never see the end.

"Rex. I think some action for our work will need to be taken" Cody said.

"I couldn't agree more." Rex said, breathless.

Rex and Cody were shaken. How would they be remembered. Would the units, there were hundreds of thousands of clones already here for the war. How many would be made? How many would never see the end. "Rex. I think some action for our work will need to be taken" Cody said "I couldn't agree more." Rex said, breathless.

Windu paused looking at the title for the apparent movie, when it hit him all at once. The clones that he had served with, their deaths, who after him would remember their sacrifices, who would remember their names, the ones they choose; not the clone trooper numbers they were given. But names, like Rex, Cody, fives, heavy, and echo, ones that he heard from Skywalker and Kenobi. He paused, did.....did he know what the names chosen for his own legion were. He needed to find out and he needed to push for a memorial for the fallen

Even with the loss of over one hundred soldiers during the battle, the NCR managed to rout the legion and secure the dam and leave the Legion stuck on the other side of the river. The Legate who organized that disastrous attack learned just how terrible Caesar's fury can be.

*Camera shows a shot of the Hoover Dam, from a hill near Boulder City, fades to black*

Merrik's attention became drawn to the screen, the distance was not far in general terms, you could see the Dam from the destroyed town, it was a good position to use.

"The lines of battle are short, but it does give one question I wonder, how fast can the position be reinforced." Kenobi asked.

Satine was already in an emotional cocktail thanks to what she saw, collecting herself best as she can, she asks Merrik. "When we find this world, is it possible to take the dam and push the legion deep into their land." her voice was filled with determination and it was clear, the Satine of New mandalore was gone and in her place, a pissed off Mando woman who was out for blood.

"I would think we could, but it would be difficult, if we don't.....bring back, the experienced warriors." Merrik said, looking toward Bo Katan, and thinking....."bring back the clans..... it could.....maybe work." He said in a hushed tone.

He was one of Caesar's oldest friends, Joshua Graham. They met back before Edward Sallow started calling himself Caesar, but that did not earn Graham any mercy. For his failure in the battle of Hoover Damn, he was set on fire and thrown down the biggest hole in the wasteland. The Grand Canyon.

*shows Caesar looking at Graham, who was bound and covered in a black liquid. Before a legionary uses a flamethrower and burns Graham alive, before another kicks him over the ledge. Graham screams are heard as he falls, and slowly they vanish*

Anakin and Kenobi looked at each other. They were like brothers now. They thought "Couldn't they, ever, do something like they?" They both shook their heads, they could never betray the other.

Satine nods "Make it so" Satine said with a firm autoreactive voice as she looks back to the screen visually giving the idea some thought.

However at the Jedi temple, "Well guys, what do ya think ? Any idea how we can crack the legion and send them running ?" Asked Anakin to the two clone officers.

"An AT-TE marching could be a constant threat, a slow chase that leaves them scared." Cody said.

"Well sir, I think we can use the air power to just keep pounding and chasing them, hit them every they think they can rest. Wait for tents to go up, burn them to the ground." Rex said.

There are tales of people surviving all sorts of fates. Men mutated into blobs of goo without dying, cyborgs that are more machine than man, hell, there's even a lucky bastard that had a tree growing through his brain. Then there's Joshua Graham. People swear that they saw a "burned man" walk out of the Grand Canyon not long after the battle of Hoover Dam. Might have been Graham, might have just been an old ghoul out scavenging.Either way, the possibility of Graham still being alive is just one more thing for Caesar these day.

*a man in bandages stands in a canyon like region, the sun shines behind his head*

Satine stared at the image with huge eyes of shock, "Merrick....has...has their ever been storys of such warriors doing such things ?"

Merrik scratched his chin, "I am unsure, the story is.....open enough, vague, and could be but....it could be a tale of a Mandalore, Mandalore the restored, it was stated that he had been burned and changed by the flames."

Ahsoka was surprised, the figure, it was a still image, a man who's sun was illuminated by the sun, he was....almost "Divine" in a nature with how he looked.

Like any Emperor, Caesar knows that his military must constantly consume new territory. The Legion produces little and has left nothing but destruction in it's wake. The only way for it to survive is conquest. But now that the legion is stalled, camped out on one side of the Hoover Dam, while the NCR waits on the other.

*shows the legion group around a campfire*

"This would be an example of when we would attack." Rex said

Caesar can appreciate the potential of the Hoover Dam. It can generate enough electricity to power the empire he intends to bult. For now though, the Legion prepares a massive force to take it from the NCR.

*shows Caesar in a tent, a machine behind him, as he rubs his head.*

Ashoka laughs abit, "Yeah right ! Just wait till we get there and give the NCR the help they need to kick you back to where you came from !"

"A lot of men that would be taken away from rebellious forces that could rise up in their lands. Or even a strike." Cody stated, smiling.

'Hmmm' Windu thought 'why is he rubbing his head like that, it almost looks like.....' his thought trailed off, could it be possible that he's sick, if so then that the perfect irony

Legionaries cross the river in small groups on Barges, and have established some camps on the western banks as brazen affronts to the NCR's authority. There are enough legion soldiers west of the Colorado river to cause plenty of trouble fro settlers and soldiers out there. They need a fresh supply of slaves although the Legion will sometimes burn whole towns to the ground and torture the citizens to death as a symbol of their might

*shows a legion barge at a dock, then shows a legionary in front of a fire, near a building, burned remains of people being crucified and a head on a pike, pans out to a town being burned and attacked, a banner waving in th wind, a sign reading "Nipton" near by.*

Anakin felt the need to slaughter these... 'animals'.

Satine only gave a simple, "Mark down these location names for when we have a map of the area. Then prepare possible plans to take them." While calm, her eyes burned with pure rage. Merrik nodded, and began to write down the location on a data pad.

Kenobi said "a patrol of the rivers would help limit their ability to strike, and even rescue."

The Horrific tales of these attacks help reminds people in the west that the legion is coming eventually. Caesar sees the NCR as a personal challenge as though everything that's happened west of the river for the last two hundred years all happened just so Caesar would have a worthy foe to defeat, and he's definitely up there in that fort of his, planning for the next battle of Hoover Dam.

*shows Caesar looking over the Dam, with two dogs at his sides.*

One young mando councilmen said with pride clear in his voice, "And what we do to you savages will be used to scare you forces ! As the Mandalorians would be hailed as heros and saviors !"

Merrik smiled, "the young don't wait for battle. Councilmen, please, temper yourself."

"And what we do to them will become a tale that spreads fear to the East." Cody said, cocky in a way

We might as well become the Legion's boogyman. No escape when we can hit you anywhere." Rex added.

But the Dam is only the first part of Caesar's plan though. He doesn't intend for his army to roam the land indefinitely, he wants to found a new capital for his empire, and just a stones throw from the damn is a town that already has a lot in common with ancient Rome. It's a decadent cesspool of every vice that a body can desire. A new Rome. A New Vegas.

* A camera pans up a mountain, showing a bright city in the distance, before doing a rolling swipe to up close to a sight "Welcome to New Vegas" the "new" part seemed to be a recent change though. Shows a bright colored city with many large buildings, and people stumbling down the road. "Blue Moon" starts to play*

Kenobi looked angry, but also interested, what was this place?

Anakin was excited, this was a new group, one with something interesting to offer, something that was incredible.

Satine was in a trance, the lights, the sounds, it was amazing and wanted to visit this place.

'Hmmm' Bo thought 'It looks like it could be a fun place, a good night on the town, maybe win a couple of grand.'

A place where the walls are high enough to keep out the worst critters the wasteland can throw at them, and the streets are safe to walk thanks to an army of security bots. Not to mention a plentiful supply of leggy showgirls and roulette tables. The problem is, New Vegas already has it's own Tyrant. He's been there since before the bombs fell two hundred years ago, and he plans to stay there two-hundred more. But that, is a story for another day.

*shows girls dancing on a stage and one in a cage, all wearing very revealing and erotic outfits. Cuts to a large screen, with the face of Mister House on it, looking down at a man in a duster.*

Satine was red, she averted her eyes with embarrassment.

Aalya had to hide her blush at the dancing girls, well Shaak Ti was greatful that she could hide her own blush.

Thunk thunk softly heard coming from the two clones. They were lucky they had their helmets on, hiding their faces

Mace's eye rose at the word tyrant, and had to avert his eyes at the leggy show girls, but his face still lit up with a blush at them.

Anakin was finding the celling very interesting at the moment and hoped Padme didnt walk in on them at this very moment.

The log ended, and the Jedi AI suddenly reappeared.

"Fuck! I can fucking remember everything!" She said.

"What do you mean by that?" Ahsoka asked.

"It means, I know who I am, what I did, and the shit that will be coming from all of you for it." She said.

Everyone looked at her, confused.

"I am Belloma, Legate of the Northern Campaigns." She said. Everyone looked at her.

"Legate, as in.....Caesar's Legate?" Kenobi asked.

Belloma sighed, sitting on the table.

"Yep, I am the only woman that Caesar allowed to lead forces, for what I did." She said.

"And what was it?" Anakin asked.

"I destroyed my home, killed a god, and slit the throat of her followers. For that, I was allowed in, mostly cause I had snuck past many of the Legion's best troops to show Caesar my accomplishments. At the time, I sought power, and he gave it to me, I met Graham, and one who took his place." Belloma said.

Aayla wanted to draw her lightsaber.

"How could you do that to your own people!?" Ahsoka yelled.

"My people, were weak, we came from a vault and would dwell in cliffs, only defending our homes, we would loose crops and livestock nearly every month. I heard of the legion, and found their lands, I decided enough was enough, I would join them in power, or kill the snake's head. I was given power, and I did the bidding of Caesar. My old name was washed away, and I was reborn, as the goddess of war." She said.

-meanwhile, on Mandalore-

"I got an item cashe unlocked. Let's see here." Blue, the Mandalorian AI said.

Upon touching the curved grips, each of the three felt an energy come from them, the hiss from the box showed the slots opening to release what the grips were attach to, upon pulling back Satine, Merrick, and Bos eyes wide in shock at what they were holding. For within their grips was the weapon of the finest warriors they had ever seen, the weapon of the ranger, the big iron.

"The weapons of war have a blueprint on how to make those, they can be modified in the blue print before production, oh, and don't forget the ammo." Blue said, before a square slot with bullets it it slid out.

Ok, so we got a good bit of reactions, next we will see some plot for a while, the chapters may not be as long, but we will see how the galaxy reacts to the release of this information.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 9.9K 29
"Who's scruffy-looking?" "Um, I think she is definitely talking to you, brother."
415 49 11
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away Jedi padawan Aayla Moon fights her way to a place in the Jedi Order, hoping to become a Knight some day. W...
10.4K 304 31
[𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝔹𝕝𝕦𝕖 𝔼π•ͺ𝕖𝕀] 'The jedi order does not allow any type of relationship' Since they were younglings ahsoka and y/n have been great frien...
1.3K 18 11
Learn About Star Wars. Thats it Enjoy