Long Lost Daughter

By thycelestia_

There lived a mother named Irene whose heart bore a deep and unending ache as many years ago, a devastating s... More

Author's Note
Characters
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Epilouge
Final Words
Special Chapter
Special Chapter
Special Chapter
Special Chapter
Special Chapter
Special Chapter
Special Chapter

Chapter 76

2.4K 98 28
By thycelestia_

𝗟𝗶𝗮𝗺 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘇

Early morning, I woke up and lazily stood up from my bed. I went directly to the bathroom and take a bath. After that, I wear my uniform and my i.d. I grabbed my bag as I went outside my room.

Habang naglalakad ako papunta sa baba, I can hear my dad talking to someone via phone. I put my bag on the couch and went to the kitchen, when I reached the kitchen I saw my mom preparing our breakfast with the help of our maids, I went near to her and kissed her cheeks.

"Good morning, son!" She greeted me.

"Good morning, gorgeous!" I replied as I sitdown and put some food on my plate, I started eating and stopped when my dad shouted.

"Damn him!" He shouted, I looked at my mom and I saw her looking at my dad's direction.

"Okay, I'll be there, right away." Dad said as he ended the call and went to us.

"I need to go, I can't let that Gregorio Araneta to beat me!" He said, angrily.

Yes, Celestine and my family are rivalries in business, she doesn't know because I never told her. I don't know why my dad hates the Marcos and Araneta clan, my mom and I doesn't.

"Aren't you going to eat?" My mom asked, I didn't looked at him as he leaves. I distant myself to my dad since I witnessed how he hurt my mom back then. He cheated, I was convincing my mom that we should leave him but my mom can't.

We had a good relationship way back, like what a father and son have but now we don't have it, our relationship is like strangers living in the same roof, we owned one of the biggest and successful resorts here in the Philippines. We also has two companies, I'm not the only child, I have a younger sister, studying in Canada named Kate Beverly.

When I finished eating, I bid goodbye to my mom and hurriedly took my bag and went outside. I entered my car as I started the engine and drove off to school, when I arrive in Ateneo, I saw a familiar black toyota vios sedan car. I knew it was Celestine. The parked my car and hurriedly get out. I saw Celestine get off the car as she fixed her uniform. I went near to her.

"Good morning, Ms. Pres!" I greeted, she looked at me raising her eyebrow.

"Good morning too." She replied as she walked towards the gate.

"Kumusta naman ang buhay ng isang prinsesa?" I jokingly asked while the guard was scanning my id.

She grins as she walked so fast but I was able to catch up. I'm older than her and I'm in grade 12, she's in grade 11. My sport is soccer and her is volleyball. The instrument that I play is guitar and her is piano, ukelele and others. She sing, I dance. The only hobby that we're the same is doing arts and reading books.

I already met her parents, Mr. and Missus Araneta. And I admit, I was so nervous at that time because I was afraid that they know me. My dad is their mortal enemy in business and companies. Celestine's family are so rich, my dad can't accept that tito Greggy is on top of him. What's the problem, right?

Hindi ko nalang tinatanong yung tatay ko tungkol sa kompanya namin at tungkol sa galit niya sa mga Marcos at Araneta dahil palagi lang kaming nag-aaway because I would always tell him that they're good people. I've met the Marcos's on Celestine's thanksgiving party and I can tell that they are all nice.

And.. I adore them so much, lalo na yung nag-iisang prinsesa nila. Yes, I have a crush with Marcos's only princess. Alam kong mahaba yung lalakbayin ko dahil maraming nakabakod but it's okay, I'm willing to take the risk kung siya lang din naman ang kapalit, I know it will be a long journey also because our family's are mortal enemies of each other. I love how she treats people, eventhough she already knew that she's a Marcos-Araneta hindi nagbago ang ugali niya, nanatili siyang marespeto, mabait at dapat na hinahangaan.

I witnessed how she grew her name here in Ateneo, she build her name on her own and I couldn't be so proud of her. She was a famous lady already way back when she was still known as Isabelle.

I would sometimes caught Ashley bullying her but Celestine as a educated lady, hindi na siya pumapatol sa babaeng hindi nakakaintindi. Right after Celestine won as the campus's student leader, Ashley lost her courage to fight with Celestine again, instead she became a bully to the students studying here in Ateneo but the SSG President's braveness didn't let Ashley to bully the other Ateneans.

After school, I immediately go home. I opened the door and I was suprised that the lights are off.

"Ma?" I exclaimed.

I turned on the lights and I felt nervous when I heard someone throw a thing upstairs. I run immediately to find out what's happening. I entered my parent's room and I saw my mom crying helplessly on the floor with scattered broken glass surrounds her. I went to her quickly didn't mind the broken thing. I hug my mom immediately and helped her to stand up, I saw a bruise on the side of her face, I gaze at my dad who's I know drunk. I deadly glared at him as I stood up and punched him so hard.

"Anong ginawa mo sa nanay ko?" I shouted at him.

"Liam David!" My mom yelled as she approached me to stop punching my dad.

"Tangina! Dad, nakakapagod kanang intindihin palagi nalang!I warned you once, I told you to not hurt my mom again pero anong ginawa mo? Hindi ko alam kung may respeto pabang natitira sayo kasi hindi kana namin maintindihan! Kunting respeto naman sa mga taong ayaw kang sukuan, if this isn't just for my mom and my sister matagal na kitang hindi kinilala." I shouted at him, angrily.

He stood up as he also punched me so hard, "How dare you to talk to me like that? Matapos kitang buhayin!" He yelled.

"You may be the one who provide our needs, pero bayad na yun sa lahat ng mga ginawa mo saamin! Hinding hindi ko hahayaan na magawa mo ulit 'to, dahil hinding hindi mo na kami makikita " I yelled back, deadly glaring at him.

"You're a disappointment Liam! Hindi ikaw yung anak na ginusto ko!" He said as he laugh.

"And do you think I ever wish na ikaw yung maging tatay ko? Hindi. How I wish na sana hindi nalang ikaw yung naging tatay ko kasi wala kang ibang binigay saamin kundi sakit! We had enough dad, wala akong pakialam if you see me as a disappointment because all my life wala naman akong ibang ginawa kundi gumawa ng ikaka-proud mo and do you think nakalimutan ko na yung pambababae mo? Hindi at hinding hindi kita mapapatawad sa ginawa mo sakin lalo na sa nanay ko!" I told him as I looked at my mom and gently pulled her outside their room.

"Liam, calm down.." My mom said, breathing heavily.

"Ma, sa ayaw at sa gusto mo aalis tayo dito." I told her, I grab my important things and when we're already heading downstairs, my mom suddenly passed out.

Alam kong wala akong mahihingan ng tulong dahil hindi makakatulong saakin ang napakagaling kong ama. I leave my things as I gently carried my mom inside my car and drove off to the nearest hospital.

I asked for assistance when we arrived, I don't want to tell Kate about this for now because I know her mind is too occupied now.

Wala akong nagawa kundi hintayin ang doctor at umupo nalang muna sa waiting area, I quickly stood up when the doctor get out of the emergency room.

"Are you the patient's relative?" He asked.

"Yes po, I'm her son.." I replied.

She nodded, "A word please.." She uttered, I nodded as we head to the doctor's office.

"Please take a sit, I would be very honest to you Mr. Martinez, your mom has a congenital heart disease which exist since birth. And sadly, mas delikado ito ngayon, it became more active as of now, is she crying so hard lately?" The doctor asked, I feel so weak, I can't lose my mom. Hindi ko alam kung pano bumangon ulit kung mawala siya sa tabi ko, I nodded as I bowed my head.

"Is it curable, doc?" I asked as my voice broke.

"The only way now is a surgery or heart transplant Mr. Martinez, we can't cure this illness dahil malala na ito. Didn't your mom told you about this?" She asked.

I shook my head, "She didn't." I replied shortly.

"You need to talk to your mom and then get back to me when the decision is final." She said.

I nodded, "What if my mom doesn't want to take a heart transplant?" I asked.

"Then, I'm sorry. Cherish your time with your mom because if ever she does not want to take a heart transplant then she have just a one to two months to live." She said directly, I can't help but to shed tears when the doctor told me what will going to happen.

I bid goodbye to her as I went to my mom's room. I carefully went to her side as I held her hands and kissed it several times.

"I don't know if I can stand a life without you ma, please fight for me and for Kate. Hindi namin kaya kung mawala ka samin, please don't leave us mama. I don't know what to do if you'll leave us." I whispered as my tears cascade through my cheeks.

"Anak.." I heard her softly uttered.

"Ma, why didn't you tell us?" I asked her right away.

She smiled as she caress my face, "Sh walang magbabago kung sinabi ko man o hindi, I don't want to take a heart transplant." She uttered, I shook my head as if saying I disagree, I want the doctors to perform a heart transplant kung ito ang makakabuti para sakanya.

"Liam, listen to me. Walang magagawa ang ganyan, you just need to promise me something okay? Take care of your sister when I'm gone. Take care of yourself and you two need to take care of each other. Anak, thank you for being my protector and my savior. When you miss mama, just look up to the sky and smile as I will look down when I miss you and your sister. Always remember that you and your sister was the greatest gift I received and I will always love you til' the end of time. I don't want you to cry during my wake because I want you to be strong for Kate, kuya. She's not as strong as you so you need to be by her side always. My presence may not be here, but I will be always in your heart." She said as she lightly smile and invite me for a hug, I hug her tightly as I uttered a ton of I love you's to her. I already called Kate to tell her what happened but I didn't inform her yet about our mother's condition because like mom said, Kate is a weak person when it comes to her.

I was the one who took care of my mom in the hospital for almost a week, Kate already arrived from Canada. I also told her already about mom's decision, she cried so hard as she immediately hug mom.

She told us that she'll just spend her days here in the Philippines to be with mom until her last breath.

To be continue.
Sorry for the wrong grammars and misspelled words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 1.8K 40
CIRCA 2000s Two college sweethearts who fell apart owing to their personal career choices. One migrated, one stayed. 10 years later, an unexpected in...
26K 2K 38
Growing up with a powerful family has it's ups and downs. You indeed get to have perks for carrying such a prominent surname, but to what extent can...
Dream Land By Ali

Fanfiction

3.3K 182 7
Grief is a lonely emotion that inherently has strong feelings. Pain is the proof of life. Pain lives inside us. Our lives come to an end with pain...
92.7K 2.4K 45
Maria Victoria Irene, the last born of the Romualdez-Marcos family, is peacefully living her life being the "quiet one". Until one day, Gregorio Mari...