London's Calling : Ed Sheeran...

By -raggedyman-

Stuck in a new city, Leylah finds herself in the midst on new faces that push her away. All but a man in a ho... More

Chapter 1 :Leylah
Chapter 2: Wander
Chapter 3: Family
Chapter 4: Falling
Chapter 5: Orange.
Chapter 6: Tea
Chapter 7: Get Well
Chapter 8: Morning
Chapter 9: Wake Me Up
Chapter 10: Take A Day.
Chapter 11: What Happened?
Chapter 12: There Was An Accident...
Chapter 13: Little Bird
Chapter 14: Come On
Chapter 15: I've Never...
Chapter 16: Soar
Chapter 17: Ink
Chapter 18: Alone
Chapter 19: Stars
Chapter 20: Sing
1K!!!
Chapter 21: At The Door
Chapter 22: Eyes Open
Chapter 23: Cloudy
Chapter 24: Nose Bleed
Chapter 25: Crash
Chapter 26: Explanations
Chapter 27: Out Of My Mind
Chapter 28: Out
Chapter 29: Home
Chapter 30: Settle
Chapter 32: I'm Sorry
Chapter 33: Start Over
Chapter 34: Hungover
Chapter 35: Travel
Chapter 36: Big Things
Chapter 37: Fiance
Collab!!
Poetry?
Chapter 38: Words, Passion, Love
Chapter 39:Present
Chapter 40: Plan
Chapter 41: Me Either
Chapter 42: It's Time
Chapter 43: Ready?
Chapter 44: With This Ring
Update: I'M SO SORRY
Chapter 45: The Only Exception
Chapter 46: Honeymoon
New Account!!!
Chapter 47: Lily Of The Valley
Chapter 48:Again?
Chapter 49 : It's Time
Chapter 50: Ben
Epilogue
9k
Two New Books!

Chapter 31: Bump

1.2K 24 20
By -raggedyman-

Ed's POV:

We got back to our apartment and I took her things from her hands halfway up the stairs as she was highly exhausted from the day and all the climbing. Being inactive for a long period of time can take its toll on your lungs and legs.

I handed her Jude and he snuggled with her arms and I found my room key.

Right when I opened the door, she moved to the couch and landed on it with an 'ump'. Her legs curled up beside her and she laid with the cat, gently stroking it's head.

I set down the bags and guitar and walked over to wear she was laying and trying to catch her breath.

"Leylah, are you ok?" I asked and kneeled down in front of the couch looking her in the face.

She was sweating a bit and looked pale, almost sickly and her eyes had closed, focusing on getting in more breath.

Her panting made me slightly anxious and I wiped some of the stray hairs from her face and kissed her head. She was burning up.

"Ley, love, I think you have a fever or something" I warned her tracing her freckled face with my knuckles.

"I just don't feel good I guess. It feel like I'm gonna throw up actually" she squeezed her eyes with sudden pain and curled into herself more causing Jude to squirm away.

"Come on, you need a shower" I picked her up and she was very limp, probably due to the pain she was feeling. I couldn't help but feel like I did the night of her coma, carrying her limply.

She moaned slowly into my chest as I made my way to the bathroom. I sat her on the toilet and started the shower and stood her up again. I fiddled with the water until it was cool enough to possibly help her fever and not too hot so that it would increase. She stood with her hands over her belly and waited for the water and I helped her out of her clothes. She shivered at my touch and the sudden exposer to the air. Something was seriously up. "Hey, love I'm going to go get you some clothes from somewhere and I'll be right back I promise" I got her into the steam of water, "can you go a few minutes by yourself?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine" she said while gripping her skin.

I moved quickly and went to the bedroom first to look for some of my clothes that laid all over the floor. I had found a shirt and boxers and went to grab the towel when I heard her scream terribly and I could tell that she was sobbing at the same time. It was the same sound that I had heard with her breakdown, but this one was more painful and blood curdling.

I ran with all of the things still in my arms and opened the bathroom door up all the way and ran over to the shower where she stood against the wall, hunched over and breathing heavily, not seeming to get enough air. This could not happen again. Then I saw the blood she stood in, mixing with the water still streaming from the shower.

"Leylah! Oh my god what is happening Ley?" I jumped in the water with my shoes and all of my clothes still on and picked her up and carried her to the floor outside of the room. I laid her up against the wall and she still had blood coming down her legs and I grabbed the towel. She winced in sudden pain again.

"Ed! I don't know what's happening to me! I'm so scared" she whimpered and trembled with another shock going through her body.

We just got home.

"I'll call, love, don't worry" I ran to the room and grabbed my phone, dialing for emergency. Again. "Yes. Please it's and emergency. Please hurry!" I could feel how urgent my voice was and I was near tears.

I could not handle the thought of her laying next to me, unmoving and the closest to death you can me without being completely gone. I jogged back over to her and she was slightly screaming now and I felt awful. I reached for her hand and moved the hair that was in front of her face away.

I brought her close and held her against my body. She was in a constant state of shaking and I gripped at the wet skin on her back, holding her body up with both arms as much as possible.

"Hey, I got you. I got you " I mumbled into her bare and damp shoulder and I rocked her back and forth. I held the back of her head and ran my fingers through her hair that was only wet in a few places and I heard her low cries of pain and exhaustion dig into my chest.

" I don't want to go back. I'm just a problem. I'm gonna get bad again" she was barely audible and I knew she wasn't talking to me in particular, was talking more to herself.

I kissed the side of head and helped her into undergarments as much as possible and we waited.

__________________________________________

She was asleep in her hospital bed and we were back to where we were a few days ago, but I found myself back in the same mind state that I was on the first day of her coma. I was completely unstable. I slept for a few hours, starred at the wall, then her, then cried and continued this process. I wasn't allowed to see her for the first hour or so while they ran tests. That was hell.

When I was finally allowed in, she was already asleep. They had given her sleep medication and pain killers, she would be out for a while. And I waited. The doctor stopped in and told me to be patient with the testing and that her vital signs were good, but the rest was all white noise to me. Focusing was out if the picture. What changed within the day to make this happen? Did they lie about her health?

"Edward Sheeran" the doctor came in quietly taking me by surprise and snapping me out of my trance, "massive fan" he shook my hand firmly and sat down next to Leylah and I sat on the other side of the bed and took her hand.

"She should be waking up fairly soon on her own. We can wake her now. Leylah" he rubbed her shoulder and gave her a slight shake. "It's ok, Ed's here too."

I squeezed her hand and received a small and tired squeeze like when you try to make a fist when you first wake up and it's completely impossible.

"Welcome back" I smiled as I leaned over and kissed her forehead, her eyes still fluttering.

"What a sight to wake up to" she was quiet but a smile grew on her face causing me to involuntarily grin like a fool.

"Leylah, do you think you can talk now or would you like to wait a bit?" the doctor spoke up gently, knowing that we needed a moment to be thankful.

She sat up and adjusted her pillows with a wince and placed her hand back in mine while the other rested in her lap. "Sorry, yes I am ready, I just needed to adjust a little" she half laughed at her own joke, "ok I'm ready now. What's going on?" I could tell that she was looking for answers in his eyes. She knew that instead of wearing her emotions on her sleeve, she wore them in her eyes and if you looked properly enough, you could read her like a book. This lead her to try to do the same to everyone who she observed.

"I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have to tell you something very important. I must tell you though, please try not to feel like this is your fault. It is not, I know that you may not be able to help it though" he seemed to speak as one would edge around a land mine, cautious, afraid, and constantly aware of what might happen.

"Just tell me what it is" she was demanding and straight forward now.

He sighed and paused, looking down, "You were carrying a baby, Leylah. A baby girl."

Silence.

"I am pregnant?" her eyes filled with tears and I almost fell to my knees in happiness and shock. "How far along am I?" she was grasping her stomach area in anticipation and sudden ecstacy.

"Leylah, the baby, it's-.... uh.. not in you anymore. " I looked to her to see the worst thing I have ever experienced. My stomach dropped again and I could feel tears coming, from the bad news this time.

She sat back into the pillows and starred at him, my whole body went numb as her eyes wandered down and her smiled dropped slowly. "What happened?" she muttered.

"We think that it died while you were in the coma and we didn't detect a heartbeat in all of the tests we did. It was gone by then. I'm so sorry, Leylah."

She responded way too quickly. "Thank you doctor" and she looked up at him with a half smile, it was a show and I couldn't take it.

I squeezed her hand and looked up at her through furrowed eyebrows and looked at her questionably. She didn't look at me, she just kept the same face at the doctor.

He seemed confused and uncomfortable with the news that he just delivered. He got up and headed to the door, "Leylah" he nodded then looked at me, "Ed."

The doctor left and she lifted her gown up. A gash tore through the scars that already painted her skin. She was stitched up.

I had killed our baby.

__________________________________________

Hey lovelies! Sorry this took so long, but I wanted to make it good and I'm sorry for whatever feels that this causes. Tell me what you think in the comments. Love you all and I'll start on a new chapter right away! Stay beautiful X :) ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 110 9
-COMPLETED- Jack Barakat ended his own life eight years ago at the young age of nineteen. Or... that was the common belief, anyway. Alex Gaskarth w...
12.6K 283 41
Lilani's Sisters Boyfriend got a hold a lil too easily..
1.9K 60 12
Alex is going through a rough time. His girlfriend of 7 years has broken up with him after cheating on him for years. Meanwhile, Kylie is having an e...
101K 4K 50
Heartache and devastation seemed to follow Louise around like a bad smell, especially when her boyfriend Harry broke up with her. A spark of luck str...