Chapter 4: Falling

Ed's POV

Normal days make me feel so weird. I go about my day feeling as if I'm only barely managing to fumble through it. Then at the end of an uneventful day, I lay in bed and take hours to fall asleep only because my mind has been blank for so long that I can't think of anything.

As I sat up from under my covers on this normal day, I realized that I would be lagging on everything I did. When I finally decided that smelling better and eating would probably be the only things I did today, I might as well get started.

I headed to the shower and pulled off my clothes and took time to appreciate the water running over my skin and soothing my aches from sleeping. After I had a wash, I grabbed a towel and shook off my hair.

The sun was fully shining through my window by now and I sat for quite a while with my eyes shut just feeling the warmth on my skin. I couldn't see the city at all so when I closed my eyes, I pictured what it looked like in my head. Bright and filled with amazingly ordinary people not even knowing how beautiful the world around them was or how amazing they were without even knowing.

I was shaken from my deep thought by a knock on my door.

Shit. I'm still in my towel, who could...

"Ed!" I would know that voice anywhere. Stuart.

"Hold on mate! " I could almost feel his impatience growing.

Knowing so, I pushed myself off the bed, grabbed so boxers, jeans, and a jumper, and ran to answer him. He looked as if he was waiting for hours, as I expected.

"Sorry about that, I just got out of the shower. "

" Ed, it's already 3..."

"I know, I know, I'm just trying to lounge around on my day off. "

"Well does that mean that wouldn't want to head out for an early dinner with me and the guys?"

"Well since I was just about to eat and I'm clearly not doing anything special, sounds like a plan"

"Just come down when you're ready. Don't take too long princess." That's Stu.

I chuckled and grabbed my phone and wallet and headed down the steps hoping to not feel as tired as I had all day around the guys. Snap out of it Sheeran.

______________________________________

The bar that we decided on ended up being only a few blocks from my house and after I decided that I didn't feel like getting drunk, I told the guys that I would walk home.

They all said goodbye and I was so glad to be having some time to myself. It was also quite fortunate that I wore a jumper and a hoodie because there was a bite to the fall wind tonight.

I got lost in the street lamps and lives of the people that I passed. Making up stories in my head of what their lives were like in that moment and why they acted the way that they did. It was all so curious.

I was about a block away from my apartment when I had to pass through the yellow lighted tunnel that stretched for what seemed like ages. On other nights, walking the familiar tunnel felt like a task but tonight was different. Even though I was feeling sort of spacey, my appreciation for everything was different than usual.

All of the colors and lines of everything around me seemed so imperative to life. I started to hum in my state of happiness and let my eyes follow the cement that I was walking on when I was almost knocked over completely.

She made a scared noise I think out of shock and not expecting me to end up supporting her. I caught her as she nearly fell over, but she shuddered and tried to carry on once she had gained her balance. Only then did I see her face. She didn't look at me, but there was pain and pure terror streaked across her face and raged in her eyes trying to escape.

As I quickly scanned her over I managed to blurt out, "I'm so sorry, I was just looking down and spacing out. I should have..."

"Please just let go!" she pleaded as I still held her.

I didn't want it to seem that I was trying to hurt her, but I felt the need to help this stranger that looked so betrayed and broken.

Her voice sounded so scared and forceful, but her actions did not match. She was struggling in my arms, but not fighting to break from my grip. I quickly realized that she was losing energy, and quickly.

I knelt down with her still locked tight onto her. She smelled of laundry and I guess, home. Her breathing went from sharp, jagged breaths to a slow lull and she sat on the cement across my arms.

The tears that I saw in her eyes as she first tried to escape were slowing as well. As she whimpered in my arms, I finally got a full look at her features. Deep blue eyes that anyone could get completely lost in and full of painful secrets, clear pale skin splattered with faint freckles, and a color of hair that was so rare that I had never seen before.

Her wavy hair was fanned out all around her and some was caught inside of her jumper. I realized that she was about to pass out from the pressure and lack of oxygen from her sobbing. With this, I picked her back up in my arms and help her closer trying to rock a bit.

"It's alright love" I whispered into her ear as she closed her eyes with a final breath and she was completely knocked out, I knew it.

Here I sat with a girl in my arms in the middle of a tunnel, darkness all around. I had to take action and get her up again. If I was going to do anything, it was going to be looking into those crystal eyes again.

_______________________________

Yep, that happened. Can't wait to keep adding. This is going to be amazing. Comment, vote, follow and stay updated!! I plan on writing every night for a while just so the story will have some substance to it and not be boring. Tell me what you think and stay beautiful x :)