Chapter 47: Lily Of The Valley

Leylah's POV :

I woke up to the door opening and shutting, breaking me from my state of sleep. Waking up was not my strong suit. I either looked like i just fought in a zombie apocalypse (or was the zombie), or got run over by a train. None of that mattered anymore like it used to.

I often worried about Ed waking up to me and being disgusted by the sight. If I normally looked beat up in the morning, the mornings after our..."activities" were a train wreck. I can only assume that he would be proud to see his effect on me. But Ed showed me that it is possible to wake up next to someone that you love and see nothing but the beauty that they truly are.

I had to trust that when he first looked at me, he liked what he saw. I felt that way, and mornings are now beautiful to me. The morning light has a way of showing a simple glow to his skin. Waking up next to Ed was like the feeling of waking up wrapped in your favorite blanket in just the perfect position, pure happiness .

With that said, waking up without Ed was increasingly more difficult. It was extremely selfish of me to want him to stay with me for as long as I wanted, but I didn't tend to care.

I rolled over to the discomfort of large bed without someone to share it with. I cursed lightly to myself, angry that it was in fact our first day on our honeymoon and I was left alone. Of course I couldn't be mad at Ed, so I sat up and tried to stretch out my back.

"Eddddddddd" I half screamed, but failed due to just waking up.

Silence was the response, and I realized that the sound of the door was that of him leaving. I groaned and slid my feet off the side of the bed. There was carpet in the otherwise empty room, and I couldn't help but think that Ed had taken that into account when finding the house. I had always whined about how cold my feet were and the wood was slightly unpleasant right after waking up.

I smiled involuntarily and walk out of the bed room to explore our new house. My back had an ache in it, but I had just slept in a new bed. I found the door immediately on my left and opened the door slowly. The room was white as well with no furniture, but I realized by walking over to the window that we had a beautiful backyard. This was all a dream, and I was lucky enough to be living it.

I walked out of the room and down the hall to the stairs. I was starting to realize how tired I was, and promised myself that I would make some coffee. I passed the living room and walked into the kitchen.

There were sliding glass windows beside the cooking area and a table in front of them. The sun was bright in the sky, a rather rare thing, and my mood was indescribable with words.

When I looked over to the counter, I saw a bowl, a pan, some measuring cups, and, of course, pancake mix. I rolled my eyes and picked up the sloppily written note that was beside it written on a paper towel.

'Want to keep your promise?' I read. What a bastard. There was a small note at the bottom that just said 'love you' with a poorly drawn heart. I picked up the ingredients and started the pancake making process.
_______________________

I was startled by the sound of the door unlocking and swinging open about a half hour after I started breakfast. I heard the sound of keys landing on the floor and footsteps down the hallway leading to the kitchen.

He let out a small hum when he saw me at the stove with my back turned to him, making pancakes. I was torn between wanting to roll my eyes or kiss him. "What a pleasant suprise" he said, and I could tell he was smiling, proud of himself.

"Just 'keeping my promise'" I said, making air quotations.

He quickly stepped up behind me and grabbed my waist and laid his head on my shoulder. "Thank you, love" he mumbled.