Chapter 16: Soar

Leylah's POV :

The wind swept through the window and sent a chill down my spine that forced me to wake a bit and pull the covers into my bare body.

My bare body...

How could I forget? The absolute best night of my life happened.

Regretfully, I turned over. I had somehow convinced myself that he wouldn't be there. All good things come to an end, and with my luck, it was a dream and it never even started.

Under the comforter, I rolled onto my back and onto my other side.

This was real, because there he was. His hair was a mess and landed in orange spikes against the white pillow, shining so much to almost blind me.

Paler than ever, he scrunched his face. I realized that I should have been less abrupt with rolling over.

"I'm surprised you can move." he groaned.

"Did I hurt you Sheeran?"

With his eyes still closed he chuckled, wincing a bit from the moment. "Jesus Leylah."

"Is this the part where I tell you that I feel like I've just been hit by a bus? Or does that bit come later?"

His arms reached out for me and I accepted. We both let out a bit of a laugh as we winced at contact.

"I think I did well." he proudly stated.

"Doesn't feel like it." I couldn't help but smile.

With a sudden burst of energy, he was above me. Holding himself up with his hands on either side of my head.

"Really Leylah, are you ok?" his face was serious but I could tell that he was still calm.

I pulled at his neck and brought him down to meet my lips. He pulled his body to mine and lost himself in the kiss. I pulled away a bit and he placed his forehead on mine as usual. "Best decision I've ever made, and let me tell you, it was well worth whatever pain is happening now. You're incredible Ed."

He returned my words with a kiss on the lips and from there, light kisses down my jawline and neck.

"Oh my god Ed." I gasped at the fact that he was already trying again.

"Just trying to wake you up the right way love."

"I can't though. God knows that I'd love to, really, but it physically can't. "His smile kept my attention until I could utter mumbled words out. "A bath sounds fantastic right now though."

With this, he tried to jump off of the the bed and was met with a bit of a failure. His body was almost as weak as mine, so he just sort of bounced and slid off at the same time.

"To the tub my love." he reached his hand down to mine and helped me into his arms where he carried me to the bathroom down the hall. It was my turn to wake him up.

I rested my head in the crook of his neck and gave him slow kisses.

He sighed and whimpered a bit.

"This is too much wait for me I believe."

"Oh hush, I'll be back and running by tonight, and if you play your cards right, sooner than that."

"I'll take the second. "

" I'm sure you would. " he put me down in the tub and started the water.

Just seconds later, he was sitting behind me and laying me against his chest as a rest.

I groaned a bit and grabbed his hands from the sides of the tub.

As the water filled the tub, I looked up at him a bit and gave his cheek a little kiss and he intertwined our fingers together. Bringing shivers through my spine again, he wrapped me up in his arms.

The tub was full after we just sat in silence and nearly fell asleep from the heat and relief from the brutal outside world.

He tilted his head down to my shoulder and placed 4 sloppy kisses up to my ear.

"So the bath was a better idea of mine?"

"I think the best one yet." he practically whispered.

My hand traveled up behind me to find his neck and ferociously mangled hair and I ran my hand from his upper back to his hair line a bit, making sure to catch his look down at me.

"Leylah."

"Mhm?"

"God, I love you."

I slid down a bit and pulled close to him.

"I'm glad you remember, because I love you so much."

And there we sat, both of us content and ignoring the world outside of our tub, the small bubbles that had formed, and our warm bodies together to soothe the pain from the past sleepless night.

__________________________________

Guys, I am so sorry that I haven't written in a bit. Things are getting messy in my home life and I'm really tired a lot. It's OK now, I just don't want to let my readers down. Thank you all so much, and I hope the chapter was good. Stay beautiful X :)