Chapter 42: It's Time

Leylah's POV

I have to pee. But I'm so comfortable. Ed.

I reached my arm out to find a warm body next to me, but I was me with more cool sheets.

Shit, I forgot.

I sat up with a pounding headache, the kind I got before my, now more normal, nosebleeds. My feet hit the floor and I was reminded of my older dance days when I cracked my toes on the hardwood. The sound echoed and I began to feel lonely.

Is this what him touring will feel like?

I pushed the thoughts out of my head and got up to go to bathroom.

I looked in the mirror and saw bags under my eyes.

Wow. Good look. I'm supposed to look like a princess today.

I laughed to myself and jumped in the shower before Imogen could hear me and keep me from cleanliness. I realized halfway through the steamy shower how considerate she really was. She knew that I would stress enough today and I was left my own allotment of time to be worry free.

I couldn't stop though. My life completely changed today. I'm not longer my own person. I would be myself and Ed, combined. On one hand, I couldn't be happier. On the other, I was mortified.

As I walked back to my bed, I saw an open pen and a pad of paper.

Shit. The vows.

I had fallen asleep writing my vows last night at 4 am. It was now 8. That explained the bags under my eyes. So much for sleep. I didn't need it anyways, I was running on pure adrenaline. I wouldn't sleep for hours, which I think was an advantage for Ed.

I slipped into the nearest clothes and grabbed the notepad, pen, and bag that I had packed last night.

"Good morning, love. How do you feel?" Imogen greeted me with tea and a rub on my shoulder.

"Nervous, and a bit sick to my stomach, but way beyond any form of excitement" I laughed nervously, trying to contain the butterflies in my stomach.

"Let's go then" she said with a smile and headed out the door to a taxi that she had reserved.

"Um, Leylah?" she looked at me as I stepped out from the lobby, "You still have the towel on your head, love" she stifled a laugh.

I felt the top of my head and realized how crazy I probably looked, "I really am not concerned with this stuff right now, I'm kind of freaking out about today. I can just deal with it later" I said as I got into the taxi.

"You crack me up." She was still laughing and smiling as she got in next to me. "Next stop, wedding" her smile widened.

___________________________________________

"I'm going to start biting my nails, but they're so nice" I was pacing and the sound of my dress rubbing against itself and the ground was beginning to stress me out. "Somebody stop me please!" I started to remind myself of my sister and her level of stress in getting ready for everyday things. That never happened to me until now, and the thought of my sister made my head spin.

She will never have a wedding. She wanted one so bad.

I sat before I was going to pass out, and Imogen rushed over to me, disregarding the hair supplies she was getting ready. "Leylah, are you alright?" she seemed concerned as she sat down next to me, "You're breathing so heavy." Her eyes scanned me, but I couldn't look at her.

After calming myself down for a few seconds and realizing what I was supposed to be feeling anxious about, I looked to her and smiled. "I'm okay, just nervous. That's all" I finished with the smile on my face and stood up. Imogen copied my movement and I pulled her into a hug, "I hope this is okay" I said lightly holding her.

"Oh, yes" I felt her smile and her grab tightened around me.

There was comfortable silence, then I told her what I had been meaning to tell her for weeks. "Thank you for being the one to help me today. I would have my friends do it, but I think it might stress me out more to have more people. And you're the closest thing to Ed that I can get" I laughed.

"I'm happy to do it, love. You're like another daughter" she rubbed her hand soothingly up and down my back.

I sighed and decided to tell her the deepest feeling, "My mom would be happy that I met you too."

Her breath hitched and she smiled, I assumed near tears. "I can only hope that's true."

"I don't doubt it for a second" I pulled away and looked her in the eyes, the ones that Ed almost identically shared.

She made a swift movement through my hair with her hand, "Shall we do hair and makeup now?" I nodded. We made our way over to the chairs near a small mirror and she faced me away from it. Collecting all she needed on a small table, her body was positioned to start on my makeup as the curler heated up. "Ready?" she smiled.

"As I'll ever be."

___________________________________

"Okay, look!" she pushed my shoulder for me to turn and I looked at myself in the square mirror in front of me. My makeup looked like I had paid a professional to work magic in my face. As for my hair, the dirty blonde locks that I knew so well to be down or half-up on almost all occasions were tied up in a way that I couldn't comprehend. "What do you think?"

I looked at myself in the mirror again and told myself not to cry. "I feel beautiful." I turned back to her and smiled, "Thank you so much" and I wrapped her in another hug.

"You're welcome" she mumbled, "You deserve it, love." She pulled me away and went to go get my shoes from the other side of the room as I sat down. The shoes I had picked were ones that I had found in my mother's closet. They were white flats made mostly of lace and were basically see-through. I stood up and took one final look at myself in the mirror.

There was a knock on the door and a head peeked in, "Can I come in?"

"Murray! Of course!"

He laughed and came to hug me. Of all of Ed's family, Murray had treated me like I was a part of the family as long as they all were. It was comforting and we clicked immediately. He stepped away and stared. "Holy shit, you look gorgeous. No wonder Ed is so nervous."

"He's nervous?" I asked too quickly, worried that he was having second thoughts.

"Well aren't you?" I sighed and chuckled realizing that I was feeling like I was going to pass out. So yes, I was nervous as well.

"Thank you Murr."

"Anytime, Ley" he looked and motioned to the door, "But there's a chubby ginger man waiting anxiously at alter for you" he smiled.

I felt Imogen's hand on my shoulder and she looked at me. "It's time."

My stomach dropped, but I took wavery steps towards the door. Passing Murray, I gave him a small smack in the stomach, "He's not chubby."

He laughed, "Yeah huh."

______________________________________________

Okay so as you will have seen when I post this, all of these three parts are posted at the same time. It took me forever, but I really hope you guys like them because... WEDDING AHHHH!
Try not to cry ;) *coughBrecough* Make sure to comment the whole way along and tell me what's happening so I can see the effect of these chapter on you. I loved writing them and they are some of my best I feel. Enjoy! I love you, Stay beautiful x :) ❤