Chapter 26: Explanations

Ed's POV :

"I didn't crash? What do you mean? Who did?" she looked me right in the eyes with her eyebrows furrowed and waiting for an answer. She had only been up for 15 minutes and my heart was almost through my chest with excitement and now worry.

I've already done too much.

Her eyes. I missed them so much. Their deep blue waves were crashing again like before, now flooding with questions and what seemed like exhaustion.

"I don't know-how to-" I shook my head, but she interrupted.

"Edward Christopher Sheeran tell me what happened. I can't have people hold things back from me now. I deserve to know the truth, whatever it may be." The anger in her eyes was now rising.

I looked down to my hands and the best thought I had was to pull her close to me. She was upset for a second, then wrapped her arms around my shoulders, her head resting in my neck.

"What happened, Ed?" her breathing was steady.

"Your family love, they're all gone." All I could do was wait.

"Gone. You mean dead don't you?" she maintained a steady voice.

I couldn't find words so I nodded with her still in my embrace. I squeezed her tighter.

"How?" she asked.

How is she so calm? She just lost her family. She's on her own now.

"They were hit off of a bridge on the way here a few days ago by a drunk driver. They didn't even stay to help." I was disgusted with the hit and run driver. They killed her parents and didn't even have the drunken dignity to give them an ounce of their respect. Who could do something like that? Wipe away someone's life so easily and ignore it.

She pushed away from me and looked me in the eyes. She lifted her hand to my cheek and brushed her knuckles on my cheek.

"I love you, but I need you to go for now." Her words were soft and kind and her eyes matched. I did not understand. Did she hate me now for delivering this news to her? She was only awake for 20 minutes after being away for 2 and a half weeks and now she wanted me to leave?

"But Leylah I-" she shook her head and stroked through my hair a bit eyeing it with a smile. She looked back at me.

"Please." Exhausted. I could see it.

I sighed and gave her a deep temple kiss and rubbed my thumb on her shoulder then walked away.

"I'll be in the cafeteria if you need me." I called to her gently. She looked forward eyes unmoving from a spot on the floor. "Leylah." her head shot up and she gave a little wave and a painful smile. "I love you."

"I love you too Edward." And I closed the door.

I walked 5 steps down the hall the dropped to my knees and crawled back to the door, yes on my hands and knees, I crawled in a hospital.

I wasn't about to leave her. Silently, I sat myself against the door and waited, silently and patient.

It had been 15 minutes at least and then it was all at once.

I heard a slow rising whimper that rose to a stream. A noise that will never leave my mind. That was the sound of a heart breaking, dying.

The noises she made where terrifying to me, and it took all of me not to step in, but she would be furious with me. I don't know why I had put myself through this.

Every time that a new rush of sobbing would come on, she would cry out for breath, in pain and gasping for life in her now dead world. Her sobs became a mix between yells and tears.

I managed to look in the window and I couldn't understand what I saw.

She had the window open and she had stuck her upper body out of the window. She was rocking back and forth not opening her eyes. They were far too swolen to open. Her fists were banging on the radiator that sat underneath the windowsill, which she also hit with sheer force.

Before I could burst in to save her from jumping, she collapsed to the floor, laying flat. Her body convulsed with every sharp breath that she took in.

"WHYYYYYYY!" she was yelling at the top of her lungs now, but it was another mixed emotion with a sobbing background. "WHY THEM? AND NOT ME. PLEASE JUST TAKE ME ALREADY!" she was banging her head on the floor now. "I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE! YOUR'E ALL GONE! YOU ALL LEFT ME HERE! I'm dying here." she whimpered with the last sentence.

Her shrieks continued after a few moments of silence and thought. She started to cough with these cries. Coughing up red into her hands.

No.
No.

Then the blood from her nose began again, dark and heavy.

I burst into the room as she was slowly falling over and putting her hands to her face.

"Ed. Just leave me! Please! You can get out, I'm useless now! I'm dying!"

I hit the call button with all of my force repeatedly.

"Come on love keep your eyes open. You can't do this to me again. I won't let you. You aren't worthless. Don't you see? I'm dead without you. I can't move, or sleep, or eat. Nothing seems right. Please just see what I see! I love you!" I didn't care about the blood now. I brought my lips to hers and brought her against my body, rocking back and forth.

Her breathing began to slow and I pulled her away and looked in her eyes once more. They began to flutter.

"How come you're always catching me, huh?" the corners of her mouth turned up weakly.

______________________________________

Yet another really eventful chapter. I'm sorry if this is disturbing you guys, but I love writing it for you. It's all so emotional and I really hope you can imagine the scenes almost as clearly as I do. Tell me what you think lovelies and I'll update tomorrow. 1.4k!! Stay beautiful X :) ❤