Chapter 25: Crash

Leylah's POV:

It didn't hurt, opening my eyes.

It wasn't what I was suspecting either.

I had expected a large void, and emptiness. But there I was staring into a hospital room with blankets on me and moonlight shining through the window. God I missed that.

Wait.

I sat up as quickly as I could and started to almost hyperventilate.

Where am I? I just died didn't I? I crashed after we left the hospital. Did I just wake up after we crashed? My head hurts. I must have gotten a concussion.

I rubbed the back of my head and looked at the clock in the room, everything else was pitch black other than the monitors. 3:25.

Oh my God. Ed!

I started to move to get up to see if he was being taken care of in another room. I started to feel shaky.

You crashed and probably killed him.
He's probably gone now.

No. No. No. How could I have forgotten?

I sobbed now. Uncontrollably, which hurt my head.

"I've killed him too." I covered my face which was already soaking.

I heard a rustle next to me. I immediately became scared. I couldn't see a thing.

"Who is that?" I shakily asked backing away in the bed.

"Leylah?"

"Ed?" it seemed like forever since I had heard his sleepy voice, low and with a slight grumble.

I felt his arms reaching for me and his warmth surrounded me almost immediately. I could feel him move his face in front of mine. I moved my arms upward to find his face and I could feel the tears on his face.

"I thought I lost you Leylah. You have no idea."

"Well I thought I lost you." he had gotten me crying again thinking of him being here and alive from the accident. "I'm just glad you're ok. I love you."

"Of course I'm ok, you woke up. You're alive." he pulled our faces together without being able to see, but his warm lips were on mine again. The way it was meant to be. "God, I love you,and I'm so sorry."

" Sorry for what? The accident was my fault." I was confused why he thought to say sorry for my mistake.

"How do you know about the accident?" he clicked on his phone to turn on the light.

"Ed, I crashed us. I thought you died, but it looks like you turned out ok. What happened to me in the crash?"

"What? Leylah-" his face showed his confusion.

He must have pressed the button for the doctor because one came rushing in.

"Welcome back Leylah!" she said.

"Thank you, what happened to me during the crash?" maybe she would tell me.

"What crash?"

"The crash that Ed and I were in."

"You didn't crash a car, Leylah." she seemed confused now.

"Yes I did. After I left the hospital from passing out, I was driving Ed and I home, but I got a nose bleed and bus hit us. I saw my brother. I thought we had died, but I woke up here." Did she even know what had happened the past few days?

"Leylah, did you say you had a nose bleed?" Ed asked.

"YES ED, YOU WERE THERE!" Why are they all acting so lost?

He moved over to me and sat on the bed and grabbed my hands.

"Leylah, love. You have been comatose for 2 and a half weeks. You didn't crash a car and you haven't woken up since I opened the door and you hit your head." he bowed his head, "I did this to you."

" Ed, I-I don't-"

My head hurt so bad. It felt like I was being hit on the ad with a hammer every other second. This was all too much. I started to cry again and I fell over in Ed's lap. He stroked my hair and rubbed my arms and back.

"Leylah, that must have been a fantasy in the coma."

"It was so real though." My head was spinning and I couldn't understand what was truth or not. "I saw Ben." My breath became unsteady and jagged now. "I thought you were dead. I crashed us, and you were covered in blood. I killed you. Ed, I'm so scared and confused." I could barely talk through the sobs.

He rocked me and whispered very quietly and shushed me.

"Hey, love, It's ok now." He whispered in my ear. He looked up at the doctor. "Please tell me this is normal."

"I don't think this is from the concussion. I don't think she lost her memory. Some patients have vivid dreams while they are comatose."

He breathed deeply and smiled.

"I'm sorry that this is happening Leylah, but you are finally, really, awake. And I couldn't be more happy. I had lost you, I swore. I could never live with myself of I did that to you." He put his forehead on mine as he always did. It drove me mad.

I didn't say a word. It was all too much for me at once. But I think I understood the truth now.

"That's isane with the nosebleed though. Don't you think doctor?" he asked puzzled.

"Yes that is very odd. But Leylah, someone up there must be routing for you." she smiled and walked out.

"What do you mean Ed?" He was on the verge of tears again. "Hey, hey." I touched his face, comforting him now.

"A week ago, you had a very intense nose bleed. That's when w-we thought we were losing you." He didn't look at me. "It was the worst day of my life. I thought I would never see you again with life in those eyes. I thought I had killed you."

I brushed my lips against his and then kissed his temple over his messy hair. I had his face in my hands still.

"Wait. Ed."

He sniffled, "Yes?"

"I didn't crash. What do you mean? Who did?"

____________________________________

Did you guys see that coming? It has all been very intense. Please comment if you didn't understand how it all worked cause it's a bit complicated, sorry. And I'll leave you with that cliffhanger ;) We made it to 1.3k! Yay guys! Again, you are all amazing. Love you! Stay beautiful :) X ❤