Chapter 14: Come On

Leylah's POV:

"Ed Sheeran! You promised!"

He picked me up over his shoulder as we walked out of my apartment.

"You're going to drop me." Screaming wouldn't work, so I simply protested as much as possible. Of course I was met with failure. "You're impossible."

I couldn't even see his face but I could feel how proud he was of himself. "Thank you love!"

I hated being picked up, but if it was him I could possibly tolerate it for a bit. He locked up my door and set me down to go down the stairs, leaning down to give me a peck on the cheek. I leaned into him a bit and smiled.

As we walked down the stairs, I wrapped my hand around his arm and held on, staying close to him. I nudged his arm with my nose and when we got to the sidewalk outside of my apartment, our arms dropped and we tangled out fingers together.

This shouldn't have felt like a big deal to me, but for some reason this was huge. Perhaps it was the fact that he was choosing to stay close to me. Or the fact that I had never held hands with anyone in this way before. What mattered most was that I felt close to Ed, his warmth a constant reminder that I was always welcome to him.

I had to admit, this was the best I had had felt in ages.

"Hey Ed?"

"Mhm?"

"You're amazing you know. And thank you, as if you haven't heard it enough from me."

He squeezed my hand and pulled me into him and wrapped his arm over my shoulders and we walked that way until we reached some trees.

"So where are we exactly Edward?"

"My favorite place on earth." He looked up with a smile to the sun that shined through the trees.

"You've got quite a great face there Sheeran."

He looked over at me with wide eyes. Those eyes that hit me right in the heart every time. He walked over to me and stared at me for a bit.

"OK Ed, you keep doing this staring thing." he placed his hands on my waist and pulled me up against his body. "Well I'm not complaining." I laughed.

He still looked serious. His eyes were burning and determined.

This is new.

I felt my face turn a bit warm, "Are you going to show me why it's your favourite place yet?"

He finally gave a little bit of a grin and grabbed my hand and started walking into the wooded area.

It was a good thing that I wore my boots because there were logs and sticks all around. Of course, with my balance, I couldn't stay up without a little help from Ed. On the other hand, this seemed to be where he flourished and felt most comfortable. He stepped over the logs and branches with ease, no concern for what might happen.

While he helped me along, every so often he would lift me from my waist and and cause my shirt come up a bit. And every single time he would take a longer time to let go and step away again. He must really want something.

I must have zoned out a bit, because the nest thing I knew, I heard him call out, "Hey beautiful. We're here." I blinked a bit. There was a decent sized patch of mossy grass and the stream passed by through the trees surrounding the oasis.

"Welcome to my paradise love."

I understood now. There was a certain way that the water reflected the sun and if I closed my eyes I could hear it flowing. Or that I could feel the sunlight on my cheeks and look and see endless treetops. This place was truly the purest nature that I had ever seen in my entire life. I felt at home immediately.

I couldn't help but aimlessly walk around a bit. I reached out to the trees and felt their changing textures, changing from rough to smooth quickly.

Ed had laid down in the moss. His orange hair stuck out so much in the sun and against the naturally green earth. This was his place, and he couldn't have chosen a better spot.

"You're taste is magnificent." I had to let him know how much I appreciated him bringing me here. He would feel proud. I could see why.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. I smiled at him and couldn't stop.

"Thank you for bringing me here. The nature is perfect. How did you find this place?"

"You learn a lot when you wander by yourself in your free time."

"I'm glad you have found your place." I said with a smile. I walked over to where he was sitting and sat across from him.

"I really like you Ed."

He looked right into my eyes, "I really like you too Leylah."

I crawled towards him and forced him to lay down as our mouths locked. I let my arms collapse on either side of him and he flipped over to be on top.

"I read you loud and clear Ed." He laughed a bit through the kiss. "Not on the moss love." He was smiling. "I do want to stay for a bit though." He layed down next to me and pulled me in to his chest. He played with my hair and hummed for a bit.

Eventually I rolled over onto his chest.

"Can we go home?"

He stood up and got his bearings. I reached my hands up to him and he grabbed me around the waist, bringing me close again.

"I'm ready as long as you are." he said with his forehead against mine.

__________________________________

You guys are awesome. Really. Thank you so much for the views. This turned out to be more fun than I thought and I plan on continuing for a long time. I'll update soon! Stay beautiful X :)